Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid (51543 Views)

Photos Of 6 Girls Who Lost Their Parents Under 1 Year / Lady Vows Not To Put A Call On Silent As She Lost Her Sister (Pics) / Lady Hails Father Who Lost His Hands But Still Works As A Builder (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by reverendfather: 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
now that you've learnt your lessons will he come back? no
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Odunharry(m): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
Lesson to learn. Sadly, many of them will still do same mistake even after reading all this
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Niwdog(m): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
go and marry again
marry am now

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
Now this is a very big lesson to all the ladies. Seriously I dunno what the problems of most ladies are nowadays. They will see someone that truly loves and cares for them and ready to sacrifice his life just to make them happy, and instead of calmin down and live a good life and enjoy, they keep finding what is not lost up and down and never get comfortable. Regrets and gnashing of teeth is the end results they eventually get. May God help you all.

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by oluwaDEle16: 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
tell them oo
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by photoshoot(m): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
embarassed
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Akjr(m): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
This is a true life story of a woman who is lamenting her ordeal after getting divorced by her husband due to her ego and bad advice from people around her. This was shared by 'Relationship Matters Forum'. Read below;

I am 32 years old. Me and my ex hubby dated for six years, I started dating him whilst I was in grade 12, I was 19 years old. We were best of friends, I waited until he completed college and started work, my family and his family then met, we got married and had a son. (7 years old now).

My husband was short tempered at times, but our problems started when I wanted to make him feel he can’t control me. Every time we argue, I would pack my bags, go to my family and explain. My sisters would phone my husband and shout at him. If he is controlling me I would always dare him that if you wish divorce me- I never wanted divorce, I just had pride and I never wanted to look a lose in his eyes.

One day I pushed him so had that for the first time he beat me and lock me out side, I went to my family, my family took him to police, every time I looked like I am being abused! But to be honest, I used to abuse my husband emotionally.

He was arrested and detained. I was asked by his family to withdraw the case, I felt that what I was doing is wrong.

My husband was never a violent man, he did what he did because I pushed him to the wall. Of which he openly knelt down and apologized. I withdrew the charge, and we reconciled.

After three months, I packed my bags after a small issue, and he remained alone. After two days I received a call that he is in hospital, my family told me that I shouldn’t go there because it will look like am begging him, and my sisters believed he is faking the illness.

All this time, people felt sorry for me like I was the one being abused. He spent a week in hospital, after he came out, I just received a divorce summon. I wanted to say no to divorce, but because I felt this pride, I wanted him to change his mind and beg me, I called him and say he will get the divorce because I live like am in hell.

When we went to court, I wanted to make him pay, so I told the court that I needed his properties to be shared. To my surprise he openly told the court that whatever he and me acquired together should be given to me, all he wanted was divorce.

We got divorced in 2009 July. Now, this Saturday my husband is getting married again, whilst I am here wasted! My family are gossiping about me, I depend on what my ex gives to my son for survival. I know I wasted my marriage. I am here telling all wives to be careful how you get advise. Don’t be cheated. Even my young sisters are much more respected than me. Those who encouraged me to divorce are always bad mouthing me.

There is no benefit in pride!

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/07/there-is-no-benefit-in-pride-woman-who.html

from d look, ha family gat pride.. Bad family, wicked family... I dnt pray to marry from a family as this.... Am happi for her. U neva c anyfin

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by MBush(m): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hmmm.....

Let me go and call Ngozi undecided
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Itannooluwa(f): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
dz story sef don teh......grade 12 fr dz UBE era! smh Op

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by pamcode(m): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
Reading the post just saddened me i don't know why
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by SamMilla1(m): 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2016
cc cococandy
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by chi4ik4(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
I have never seen confused folks like women. they have chicken brain.

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by xmich(m): 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
You see am

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Odunharry(m): 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
colik:
" Every time we argue, I would pack my bags, go to my family and explain."

It's like you were high on Cameroon pepper then. pack your bags ke? Is marriage like boarding school?
people dey sha.
Lmao.. that part got me like WTF !!

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Femsyn(m): 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
Whether the story was made up or not is inconsequential. The fact is, it happens. Just learn from the story, that's all. If u can't, just waka pass

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by 5minsmadness: 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
Even those who encouraged me to divorce are always bad mouthing me.

Bad-mouthing u while they remain "happily" married.
Women are their own worst enemies.

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by labbyboi(m): 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
hahn:

It is too obvious that the story is fabricated undecided
. Don't relat the message to your female folks o, just keep looking for how true it is.
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by labbyboi(m): 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
hahn:

It is too obvious that the story is fabricated undecided
. Don't relat the message to your female folks o, just keep looking for how true it iis [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Briteiyobo1(m): 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
This story look almost like mine, though my wife was lucky that I didn't go so far as in divorcing her, she would have been regretting by now. Women should stop comparing their marriages with that of their friends.

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by CONFAMA: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
Mynd44:
I hail your story telling skills

lmao... the story is so fake....
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Obas101(m): 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
Fake or not.
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Obas101(m): 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
Fake or not. I go save am for future purposes
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by GirlAfrik(f): 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
This is a true life story of a woman who is lamenting her ordeal after getting divorced by her husband due to her ego and bad advice from people around her. This was shared by 'Relationship Matters Forum'. Read below;

I am 32 years old. Me and my ex hubby dated for six years, I started dating him whilst I was in grade 12, I was 19 years old. We were best of friends, I waited until he completed college and started work, my family and his family then met, we got married and had a son. (7 years old now).

My husband was short tempered at times, but our problems started when I wanted to make him feel he can’t control me. Every time we argue, I would pack my bags, go to my family and explain. My sisters would phone my husband and shout at him. If he is controlling me I would always dare him that if you wish divorce me- I never wanted divorce, I just had pride and I never wanted to look a lose in his eyes.

One day I pushed him so had that for the first time he beat me and lock me out side, I went to my family, my family took him to police, every time I looked like I am being abused! But to be honest, I used to abuse my husband emotionally.

He was arrested and detained. I was asked by his family to withdraw the case, I felt that what I was doing is wrong.

My husband was never a violent man, he did what he did because I pushed him to the wall. Of which he openly knelt down and apologized. I withdrew the charge, and we reconciled.

After three months, I packed my bags after a small issue, and he remained alone. After two days I received a call that he is in hospital, my family told me that I shouldn’t go there because it will look like am begging him, and my sisters believed he is faking the illness.

All this time, people felt sorry for me like I was the one being abused. He spent a week in hospital, after he came out, I just received a divorce summon. I wanted to say no to divorce, but because I felt this pride, I wanted him to change his mind and beg me, I called him and say he will get the divorce because I live like am in hell.

When we went to court, I wanted to make him pay, so I told the court that I needed his properties to be shared. To my surprise he openly told the court that whatever he and me acquired together should be given to me, all he wanted was divorce.

We got divorced in 2009 July. Now, this Saturday my husband is getting married again, whilst I am here wasted! My family are gossiping about me, I depend on what my ex gives to my son for survival. I know I wasted my marriage. I am here telling all wives to be careful how you get advise. Don’t be cheated. Even my young sisters are much more respected than me. Those who encouraged me to divorce are always bad mouthing me.

There is no benefit in pride!

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/07/there-is-no-benefit-in-pride-woman-who.html

Super story
Fabricated story
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Jay542(m): 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2016
GirlAfrik:
Super story
Fabricated story
Wise Lady. It's really fabricated

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Akimboway(m): 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
go and marry again
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by HaneefahRN(f): 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
Fake story, but interesting nonetheless.
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by bozcojohn5: 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
Pride goes before a fall.
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by 5minsmadness: 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
SamMilla1:
cc coc0candy

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Freeman50(m): 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2016
You see why i always say that men can take decisions at any point in time esp. When it comes to this.
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by preselect(m): 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
[size=13pt]whatever you make of this story. . . . . i will advise girls, when you have a man, be careful whom you listen to. make sure your advisers are happily married. . . otherwise they may be looking for companion in single motherhood.
oyibos introduced divorce to us. . . . . now oyibos are more likely to remain married than blacks, in America, Nigerian women are more likely to call police for their husbands than oyibo/african-americans,

for me, grounds for rethink in a relationship is if your man is beating you, threatening to beat you, cheating on you, voted for Buhari
apart from that, i'll advise that you remain in the marriage and try to make it work. and leave all this feminism BS. don't bring it into your marriage.

and finally, I blame Buhari for all this nonsense grin Since that fool became president, everything is falling apart, including marriages. angry[/size]

#Buharism
#TotalFailureInAllSectors

Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by Butbest: 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
Women shaa See what she course her self in d name of family advice. Lesson 4 married women
Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by segebase(m): 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
this movie is a nollywood movie ..i tink jim iyke is d leadin actor

What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! / 'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / What Can I Do To Let My Wife Wake Up Early?