Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,025 members, 7,838,574 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms (15996 Views)

Genocide Looms, Atiku Warns As Igbo Leaders, Northern Youths’ Meeting Ends / Buhari Appionts Ben Akabueze As Budget Office DG / We Shall Begin To Pay N5000 To The Poor As Soon As Budget Is Passed- VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by vaca1: 9:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
where are all those political analyst. una don hide eh. thank God everyone is feeling the heat.
Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by Reference(m): 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
What is my concern. I have offered enough advice, have taken my own tablets and my revenues are on course to attain the entire 2015 levels by August. Like the much touted Buhari corruption war I too have cut waste and overheads from 48 to 35% helped as well by the weak naira and low production costs but much more importantly I have increased income massively. New clients and new business from competitors who cannot compete which the government in comparison has failed woefully to do. Nigeria has not profited in any way from the weak Naira to attract business and this results entirely from policy flaws, the lack of ideas and political distraction.....by the way much like the government I have barely been able to recover any debts from 2015, just 2% but this has not affected me at all. A few have been written off. In this economy, who will pay.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
Truth be told- Buhari does not seem to understand why he was elected. It seems APC lacks direction at the moment. I compared OBJ's first year in office to Buhari's and I could tell the difference. The number of FDI in that first year was enough to finance the budget. This was a man coming from prison. APC need to wake up, they are loosing it fast.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by 400billionman: 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
MrTour:
Nigeria as a country is useless and Biafra is not the solution. Most Nigerians are smart at the wrong places, an aspiring president of a country ought to have a portfolio before being elected. Buhari has no portfolio neither has he achieved anything. There are loop holes everywhere in the Nigerian political system.

Kemi Adeosun mentioned some of these but they overpowered her, they just put her there as a representative.

Wat a shameful country, a useless country, a country where the President doesn't have WAEC certificate and you expect the economy not to cripple. A country ruled by thugs and thieves.

A country where 98% will say Yes to brown envelopes grin
Nigeria politicians should be very ashamed, they have nothing to offer, they don't even know what to offer.
I read a post by Yemi Osibanjo challenging Nigerians to provide a solution for smart energy, is he hallucinating or what?

Personally i think Nigeria needs to be run like a company represented by unbiased Non executive directors who make decisions on all geopolitical zones. One person managing Nigeria is just a joke.

The country needs to be run like a bank.

The nation is suffering because it ain't productive. Many state capitals in Nigeria cannot boast of one world class industry or manufacturing company. Agriculture is seen as a hobby meant for poor people.

Every graduate wants to work with federal govt or corporate companies. The driving mentality of earning much for little or no work has killed the country..

We all are a bunch of lazy people. When i travel along the expressways and see arable uncultivated land, i shudder because the country is so rich but actually we are so poor..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by EzeNri(m): 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
MrTour:
Nigeria as a country is useless and Biafra is not the solution. Most Nigerians are smart at the wrong places, an aspiring president of a country ought to have a portfolio before being elected. Buhari has no portfolio neither has he achieved anything. There are loop holes everywhere in the Nigerian political system.

Kemi Adeosun mentioned some of these but they overpowered her, they just put her there as a representative.

Wat a shameful country, a useless country, a country where the President doesn't have WAEC certificate and you expect the economy not to cripple. A country ruled by thugs and thieves.

A country where 98% will say Yes to brown envelopes grin
Nigeria politicians should be very ashamed, they have nothing to offer, they don't even know what to offer.
I read a post by Yemi Osibanjo challenging Nigerians to provide a solution for smart energy, is he hallucinating or what?

Personally i think Nigeria needs to be run like a company represented by unbiased Non executive directors who make decisions on all geopolitical zones. One person managing Nigeria is just a joke.

Nice write up, but must you drag Biafra into ur madness? #Biafraphobia

1 Like

Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by 400billionman: 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2016
Reference:
What is my concern. I have offered enough advice, have taken my own tablets and my revenues are on course to attain the entire 2015 levels by August. Like the much touted Buhari corruption war I too have cut waste and overheads from 48 to 35% helped as well by the weak naira and low production costs but much more importantly I have increased income massively. New clients and new business from competitors who cannot compete which the government in comparison has failed woefully to do. Nigeria has not profited in any way from the weak Naira to attract business and this results entirely from policy flaws, the lack of ideas and political distraction.....by the way much like the government I have barely been able to recover any debts from 2015, just 2% but this has not affected me at all. A few have been written off. In this economy, who will pay.

He has already demarketed the country before the entire world, even before economic statistics started showing (red) recession. All his talk with foreign media whenever he travels showed efforts to paint himself as a saint and his predecessors as thieves. " PDP is corrupt, they stole 2.1bn dollars, Nigerians are criminals, Is your country fantastically corrupt ? YES ".. No form of diplomatic intelligence.

His unguarded utterances brought these sufferings and aggravated the bombings..

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by Charly68: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
The Govt should be bold enough to tax the rich to get revenue to fix the economy . Imagine the billion housing structures the were building here & there..how. Much are they paying annual as taxes ? It is wrong to watch them acquiring capital structures without taxing them..there are nations like Britain with no much natural resources but they are doing well with good tax administration. Lagos state has proved to us that things can work well if we have serious minded leaders . Enough of noise making & let the ruling party go into action..we are tired of excuses upon excuses
Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by uridadole: 11:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
passionate88:
u vote the idiot?
Don't regret bro. I knew change was not going to be a smooth transition. I will vote him again if need be. Allow peace every where, cooperate to make things work. All countries going ahead of us today had their own experiences. Big mistake will be postponing the evil days.
Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by kings09(m): 4:25am On Jul 18, 2016
Be like say d hunger don de reach ur side dis one u ddnt defend buhari.
veekid:
Ok
Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by veekid(m): 6:24am On Jul 18, 2016
kings09:
Be like say d hunger don de reach ur side dis one u ddnt defend buhari.

I dey defend him before? You these nairalanders sef, if I talk you go say I talk; I no come talk again, u come for me say I dey H, who this buharinomics no affect?
Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by kings09(m): 6:36am On Jul 18, 2016
Bro, it's ur fault oo. D way u ppl defend, one wonders if u are outside 9ja or maybe thr z anoda economy in 9ja dat all buhari defenders live in. I neva knew u cld be affected
veekid:

I dey defend him before? You these nairalanders sef, if I talk you go say I talk; I no come talk again, u come for me say I dey H, who this buharinomics no affect?
Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by veekid(m): 6:42am On Jul 18, 2016
kings09:
Bro, it's ur fault oo. D way u ppl defend, one wonders if u are outside 9ja or maybe thr z anoda economy in 9ja dat all buhari defenders live in. I neva knew u cld be affected

Leave the daura cow, but that doesn't make me a wailer. The idiot come still talk say e go win election if another election is to b conducted
Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by jswagg4(m): 10:31am On Jul 18, 2016
emmasege:
So, you are one of those who caused us this national disaster. Anyway sha, you are forgiven but go and sin no more. Next time, vote wisely. 2019 will soon be here. I've kept telling everyone around me that whoever survives this hardship till 2019 should hold a special thanksgiving to God, but then we need to think out of the box next time. The worst of Jonathan has definitely proven to be far better than the best of this clueless Buhari. In 2019, it shouldn't be about APC or PDP but about the candidate, who must be subjected to public scrutiny. We must not make the mistake of voting a man who has not improved himself for over three decades or who typifies failure, a president again.

NEVER AGAIN!!!
As in ehn..... Never Again!
Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by Emyogalanya: 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
Going by the happening in Nigeria we al agree that Igbos were sentimentaly right afterall
Re: 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms by Phonon: 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
One man's stubbornness on monetary issues contributed to all this.... angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Must Include APC Members In Looters’ List To Be Published – Shehu Sani / Ignore Fake News, Osinbajo Will Never Resign – Group / Budget 2020: Buhari, Osinbajo Double Their Cost Of Travels, Food To N3.5bn - PT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.