Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like (3732 Views)

What The Inside Of Infinix Hot 3(x554) And Tecno Boom J7 Look Like / 'pokémon Go' For Android Not Available In Nigeria / I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by MhizSophy(f): 10:28am On Jul 18, 2016
I Saw this post on NaijaTechGuy

I got this picture on Whatsapp it's pretty hilarious..
Pokémon beside Gutter.. Some Guys fell off a cliff while playing
Pokémon Go somewhere in the US. If this game comes to Nigeria
officially many people will get injured. Please don't play this game in
Lagos Traffic.. I'm begging.. Save a life.. Share this post

grin.. grin... All these Silver Spoon kids be warned. No go play Pokémon Go enter trailer front.. Or Enter Kidnappers Den abeg lalasticlala help save a life.. smiley..

1 Like

Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by Obas101(m): 10:31am On Jul 18, 2016
I thought is not working in Nigeria
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by Booyakasha(f): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2016
lol
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by Nkonadi(m): 10:52am On Jul 18, 2016
cheesy
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by MhizSophy(f): 12:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
Obas101:
I thought is not working in Nigeria
There's a way to make it work
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by MajorWarren: 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
lol it doesn't look thrilled
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by Obas101(m): 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
MhizSophy:
Pls if you know it. Share the step with me
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by MhizSophy(f): 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by heryurh(m): 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2016
The Ish Sucks Data and Battery undecided
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
I like the game concept tho, its quite creative. I grew up playing loads of pokemon on game boy even had to download a gba emulator on my tablet last yr to relive the good ol days
powerful pokemons like mew and mew 2, mysterious pokemons like abra, ugly pokemons like geodude lolz..
twas crazy, sadly i dont have an android device now else i'd have gotten the game

3 Likes

Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
now wey light no dey who wan kill him ba3
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by Emagencyy: 11:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by MhizSophy(f): 12:28am On Jul 19, 2016
Emagencyy:
Aunty pls would this work on iPhone?
Nope.. It's for Android
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by Emagencyy: 12:58am On Jul 19, 2016
MhizSophy:
Nope.. It's for Android
thanks yo... I'm grateful...
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by Majorpane1(m): 2:24am On Jul 19, 2016
its to enjoy the craze jare
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by evasplendid(m): 5:00am On Jul 19, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
now wey light no dey who wan kill him ba3

1 Like

Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2016
MhizSophy:
Hi I downloaded the Pokemon but am stuck where the first three characters appear asking me to catch one.
How do I play it, seems no any button nothing.

2 Likes

Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by TechsNG: 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2016
Emagencyy:
Aunty pls would this work on iPhone?

You should follow the steps here: http://www.techsng.com/2016/07/pokemon-go-download-game-android-iphone.html
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by freeApps: 8:12am On Jul 20, 2016
Download Pokemon go from here http://apps2u.co/android-apps/pokemon-go-apk
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by TohKunBoh: 8:16am On Jul 20, 2016
What's pokemon go sef
Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by SimSummerrain(m): 8:59am On Jul 20, 2016
So let me just leave this here: PokemonGo is not just a game, it's a glimpse of technology in the future and Nigeria cannot miss out now on this only to start 'playing catch up' in the future, currently Nintendo has upped their value to 23 billion dollars in 2 weeks, theyve had more users on PokemonGo than even twitter in 2wks and have broken several other records in the USA and UK, One of them being 'most downloaded mobile game app', as initially stated, its not PokemonGo that is creating the catch of this game, its Augmented reality, which is the tech behind the game, Augmented reality know also as AR involves infusing a virtual world into your immediate reality, So in the game if your avatar needs to walk a certain distance, it means in reality you have to actually walk that distance, this isn't a platform for me to begin explaining the nitty gritty of the game, Objectives, Mission and all, so i'll leave that for some other time or platform, maybe a blog. Might I also add, In a city like lagos it can get risky cos of the chaotic nature of our environs and I agree, however as applies in all we do, we cannot over emphasise SAFETY, you don't have to chase a pokemon ( they don't run) you don't have to walk directly to its exact location to use your pokeballs on them, you can be a few metres away, say for instance on a sidewalk. You don't have to brandish your phone in a place like OSHODI and say your looking for a pokemon (Do you facebook on the road in OSHODI?) most pokestops in nigeria are statues, churches, hotels..All of which are a safe distance from full on road traffic. PokemonGO is also changing the face of marketing in several countries!..traditional marketing is moving businesses to people..Augmented Reality is moving people to businesses and Small businesses are right now making a fortune as pokemongo is driving human traffic to business locations, I don't know bout other nigerian youths but as for me I am tired of playing catchup to technology in this country, if the government won't give it to us, then we need to make a statement by standing up for techs such as these, if its improving other countries economies, why can't it improve ours?, you should see the South African PokemonGo community on Facebook, check out the Egyptians as well, btw nigerians are the highest consumers of Internet data in Africa, but these countries embrace tech at a quicker rate than we, in less than 9 years Americas economies will be generating close to 80 billion dollars from AR/VR, and we are here watching dino melaye and remi tinubu tearing their shirts. This is the Facebook PokemonGoNigeria community I have begun on FB: https://m.facebook.com/PokemonGoNigeria/
My hope is that we can get more likes than SouthAfrica and other african countries, That would put us tops in africa and make a statement to the world that nigerian youths are ready to embrace tech and When PokemonGo and AR arrives here we'll be one of the countries recognised for it. Our leaders have failed us, true, but as youths we should salvage whatever we can for the sakes of our children. Cheers guys! - Simdie Onuora

1 Like

Re: How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like by mereb(m): 11:03am On Jul 20, 2016
So recently, game lovers around the globe had their first taste of Augmented Reality with the Pokémon Go game. But it is interesting to know that this isn’t the first of Pokémon game................read more @ http://bizwatchnigeria.ng/ways-pokemon-affect/

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Has Wiped Out All My 120gig Free Data. Please Who Is Was Affected? / Leaked Lab Images Of New Infinix Mobile Flexible Phone / Why Is It That Abuja Mamas Like This Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.