Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,600 members, 7,955,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:40 PM

I Need Your Advice On Mayowa's case - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Your Advice On Mayowa's case (815 Views)

My Marriage Is Being Tested. I Need Your Advice / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice / #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice On Mayowa's case by olaolaking: 11:23am On Jul 18, 2016
The boy Mayowa, is a 14 year old boy who according to him hail from Owo in Ondo state. The last time he saw his mummy last was ….2015
This is my conversation with the little Mayowa

Where is your father?
I don't know where he is. I have seen him just 3 times all my life. He use to visit me at Ibadan. But I can’t go with him because his attitude is not good. He use to smoke and drink all the time.

Where were you leaving before?
I leaved with my grandparent in Owo. But when they died, the people around the place were not treating me well. So when my mummy was aware of this, she came to pick me and took me to Ibadan to stay with her friend.
After that I was taken to Lagos by my mummy where I stayed with him. I was in J SS2 When I left my grandparent place at Owo. We leaved somewhere in Ajegunle. We leave in a shanty. Our house was made of Pako (planks) and it was only my mummy and I that stayed there.

What about the family of your mummy?
I don't know any of them except the grandparent in Oyo. I always ask of her family but she use to tell me that they have done something very bad to her and that is why she did not look for them.

Where is your mummy now?
I don't know where she is now. When we were still leaving together at Ajegunle, she use to leave me at home. Sometimes 2 days and sometimes 3 days. I will be the only one to sleep in the house. She would give me money and I would go to school and when I came back I will buy something and ate with the money. When it was night, I will sleep inside the pako house only me.
One day my mummy just packed all her loads and told me that she wanted to travel to PortHarcourt. I asked why was she packing all her loads and she told me that it was because it will take sometimes before he comes back. She gave me some money. So I was staying alone. And since then I have not seen her.

When I didn’t have money again, I would go and work for people such as fetching water and I would get money that way.
According to Mayowa, One day, he went to Elegushi beach which he had been to on several occasions. But this particular day, he was not able to go back to his shanty Ajegunle house. He decided to sleep over since there are other people living around the place. He slept in a white garment church by the beach. From there, he would be sent and errand and he assisted some workers in and around the beach from which they just accepted him as one of the homeless children. They were able to maybe give food and slept anywhere around (though not only him).
We got to know about it from our Christian sister (a member of Jehovah witnesses) who was conducting bible study with Mayowa.
We were moved by Mayowa’s condition and we asked if he can follow us to our house. Everyone who knows Mayowa supported this move and Mayowa was really eager to see this happening.

I asked if he still want to see his mummy and he affirmatively say yes. But when I asked if he still want to leave with his mum in case we find her. His spirit and countenance was low and he said no in a very weak tone. When I ask why, he replied that he is afraid if the same thing may happen again.
Re: I Need Your Advice On Mayowa's case by olaolaking: 11:24am On Jul 18, 2016
On the 15th of July, Mayowa moved to our house.
But I have been disturbed because all the people I know with Mayowa are not in any way related to him.
I have only heard the story from Mayowa. But since yesterday 17th (the 3rd day of his presence in our house)
What of if his mother/father just surface from nowhere to claim that she had been looking for Mayowa?
What of, if all Mayowa told us are not true?
Will all his sympathizers who supported us to take him along with us be ready to defend when the matter twist? (Remember they are not his relatives)

This morning, I was thinking of going to a police station to report so that they can have the record with them. But I want to seek the opinions of the learned and erudite here.
I want to know if there is any government body that I can report the matter to so that we will not regret our action to help.
I have already promised him that I will try to locate his mum no matter how. But how soon I will be able to achieve that is not known to me.
Please suggest to me any government body in charge of such matters as this.
Thanks.

cc: Lalasticlala
Re: I Need Your Advice On Mayowa's case by olaolaking: 5:46am On Jul 19, 2016
His full name is Adebiyi Mayowa.
His mother is from Oyo in Oyo state while his father is from the Owo in Onda state.
If you know anyone who has idea please signify so that we can contact them.

Note: The parent have never stayed together before.
Re: I Need Your Advice On Mayowa's case by olaolaking: 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2016
Now that Mayowa is with us, what are the legal implications of he staying with us without the knowledge of his relatives?
Re: I Need Your Advice On Mayowa's case by olaolaking: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
Moderator. Please help me put it up for pragmatic comments.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Young Mother Rapping While Breastfeeding Her Baby! / See Wonder Ooo...@panapana Health Centre In Ore,ondo State. / Young Sierra Leonean Singer Weds His Older White Lover (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.