Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,080 members, 7,818,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc (1907 Views)

If Afonjas Tell You Why Not Make Anambra Like Lagos? Tell Them This / Anambra Election: Youths Cover Beer With Voter's Cards, Chill With Ofe Nsala / See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by dearsly(m): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
People from other tribes and those in foreign lands like myself, would love to know the meaning of the above titles as often use everywhere in Politics section...

Feel free to add other titles and it's meaning so others can understand next time....
Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2016
Let me read comments from some people that will answer the OP
Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
The first 42 views of every thread, who're they, mods? I've noticed the pattern on this forum: if one opens a thread the view count starts from 42. I've seen 28 before but it was a rarity.

On topic: Ofe mmanu is a derogatory word Igbos call Yorubas. It stems from the Yoruba love for making oily soups. The word 'oil' in Igbo is 'mmanu' hence the association. The other word 'ofe', means soup.
Some sellout moderators here use the word filter to censor the word when written without a space to appear as 'Yoruba' thereby defeating the purpose of its use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
IPAD: A clever use of the acronym Independent People Of Biafra(Usage of the original first letters might get censored). By now everyone knows who they are and what they stand for. Since nairaland has clamped down on the spread of their propaganda, their identifying acronym must've been added to the list of verboten terms.
Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ugandans: Never heard this term, I'm sure you mean 'upandan'. It's an illiterate way of spelling the action 'up and down'. Made popular during the Don Jazzy vs Olamide beef in January, Nigerians took a liking to the phrase and use it as a lazy way of spelling. Used highly on twitter due to character restrictions.

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by kingzizzy: 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2016
charix:
The first 42 views of every thread, who're they, mods? I've noticed the pattern on this forum: if one opens a thread the view count starts from 42. I've seen 28 before but it was a rarity.

On topic: Ofe mmanu is a derogatory word Igbos call Yorubas. It stems from the Yoruba love for making oily soups. The word 'oil' in Igbo is 'Ofe' hence the association. Can't remember the English translation of the word 'mmanu', another nairalander would mention it.
Some sellout moderators here use the word filter to censor the word when written without a space to appear as 'Yoruba' thereby defeating the purpose of its use.

What are you talking about?

Ofe is not Oil in Igbo

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
kingzizzy:

What are you talking about?
Ofe is not Oil in Igbo
Which part of Igbo are you from, what do you call banga soup?
Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ipad: a self-professed jew who suffers cognitive dissonance wink

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by wizard(m): 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
charix:

On topic: Ofe mmanu is a derogatory word Igbos call Yorubas. It stems from the Yoruba love for making oily soups. The word 'oil' in Igbo is 'Ofe' hence the association. Can't remember the English translation of the word 'mmanu', another nairalander would mention it.

U got it all wrong... "Ofe" means soup while mmanu means "oil"
No kill my lang 4me
Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2016
wizard:

U got it all wrong... "Ofe" means soup while mmanu means "oil" No kill my lang 4me
Seen. Noted. Taken correction and amending my post.
Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by henchamb(m): 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
charix:
Ugandans: Never heard this term, I'm sure you mean 'upandan'. It's an illiterate way of spelling the action 'up and down'. Made popular during the Don Jazzy vs Olamide beef in January, Nigerians took a liking to the phrase and use it as a lazy way of spelling. Used highly on twitter due to character restrictions.

in mama piss voice... maybe you were not inform too about Ugandans
it is believed that some igbos opened facebook accounts wch they used to criticize Mr President claiming they were from Uganda. so some nairalanders started calling igbo critics of Apc Ugandans

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2016
henchamb:

it is believed that some igbos opened facebook accounts wch they used to criticize Mr President claiming they were from Uganda. so some nairalanders started calling igbo critics of Apc Ugandans

Exactly. Thanks for this. Wanted to explain to him.

Other terms/names/expressions are:

1. Zombie
2. IPAD
3. Afonjas
4. Jajanweed
5. Wailers
6. Flat Heads
7. South West
8. Brown Roof
9. Sons of Futa Djalon
10.Ofe Nmanu
11.Ugandans
12. Sophisticated Tribe from the West
13. Sophisticate Jews
14. Militants

What other terms are there sef?! grin

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
henchamb:

Oh. I remember this event. Didn't think it would have an effect on nairalanders' daily habits. Thanks for the memory.
Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by Victorvexz(m): 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
I will tell u of only one. iPad, IPad is an acronym for the pro Biafra touts who claim to be Jews from Israel. They are a group of people in the east that suffer from identity crisis, in other words, they have no history, so they decided to adopt the Jewish history so they can feel better about themselves. Also u can identify one by the shape of there heads, it's normally so flat, like this...

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
When you read any post bearing those derogatory terms, you can be sure the poster is a charlatan not minding where he is from or what point he's fighting.
I pity the future of a nation like ours filled with so many young people who do not want to channel their intellect into productive and life-improving engagements.
But my joy is that among the e - fighters across the tribes, "We" the peace lovers will continue to have our handshake beyond the "BRIDGES"
...Peace profound!
Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by EasternActivist: 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
We have the conoids too, people wey there head dey like cone from South_

Waste
Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by evilapc: 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
Why did you forgot ... connehead, connies, and scratchfaced, scratchies, but if you must know, they are all the suffercated yaribas
Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by JealousPrince1(m): 11:31am On Jul 22, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

Exactly. Thanks for this. Wanted to explain to him.

Other terms/names/expressions are:
1. Zombie 2. IPAD 3. Afonjas 4. Jajanweed 5. Wailers 6. Flat Heads 7. South West 8. Brown Roof 9. Sons of Futa Djalon 10.Ofe Nmanu 11.Ugandans 12. Sophisticated Tribe from the West 13. Sophisticate Jews 14. Militants 15.

What other terms are there sef?! grin
. . Southwest Afonja zombies e.t.c, e.t.c, e.tc
Re: Meaning Of Afonjas,Ofe manuu ,ugandans,ipad Etc by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 22, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Resumption Date For Primary & Secondary Schools In Abuja / Watch Nnamdi Kanu Interview On Sahara Tv / 'I Regret Campaigning For APC And President Buhari' - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.