Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Ekiti Kete - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ekiti Kete (60115 Views)

Poll: Your Local Government Area

Ado Ekiti: 25% (1 vote)
Efon Alaaye: 50% (2 votes)
Ekiti East: 0% (0 votes)
Ekiti South West: 0% (0 votes)
Ekiti West: 25% (1 vote)
Emure: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Ekiti Kete: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2009
Ekiti. . .The land where knowledge flows like a never ending fountain.
Ekiti Kete, Identify yourselves and let's make this place our e-home. . .Brothers and Sisters from other states are also welcome as we navigate.
Aba Rin A Gbe 'In  Eye Rin A Ti 'In Leyin. . .In Okun Ooooo

btw, sorry for the incomplete poll, It will be adjusted soon.

Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
Ekiti Land, situated in the western part of Nigeria has undulating landscape with high ridges,rocky hills and deep valleys crisscrossed by streams and forests inhabited by hardworking,honest and blunt people who are reputed for loving education above all other things.
The Ekiti people are subgroup of the Yoruba who live in towns and villages in the northen part of yourbaland and who speak virtually the same yoruba dialect dubbed-Ekiti.
Due to it's zeal for education,the state was dubbed The Fountain of Knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2009
In Ku Ojumo oo as we continue to navigate. . .
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2009
Ekiti kete grin grin grin Aba ria a gbe a o cool
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2009
Without gainsaying, ekiti/ondo are the fountain(s) from which knowledge flow cool. If you're proud to be associated with these loving and no-nonsense cheesy people, join us.

btw: se ekiti li kaa so ni abi ede ajoji kon pe li hingilisi abi ede yoruba gbogboogbo cool
Re: Ekiti Kete by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2009
in npele libe yi oo
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2009
camelot:

in npele libe yi oo

hia ree ni o cheesy
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 1:56pm On Sep 15, 2009
topsy25:

Without gainsaying, ekiti/ondo are the fountain(s) from which knowledge flow cool. If you're proud to be associated with these loving and no-nonsense cheesy people, join us.

btw: se ekiti li kaa so ni abi ede ajoji kon pe li hingilisi abi ede yoruba gbogboogbo cool
Kaabo Tope wink

We can use any of the acceptable languages here(Ekiti,Yoruba and English)
A yoo ba ra ria sita l'ekiti
A le ba ra wa soro ni yoruba
We can communicate in english
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2009
camelot:

in npele libe yi oo
okun o camelot, kaabo, se ala lu e se?
me mo fo ekiti lu o re. . . wink
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2009
IFELEKE:

Kaabo Tope wink

We can use any of the acceptable languages here(Ekiti,Yoruba and English)
A yoo ba ra ria sita l'ekiti
A le ba ra wa soro ni yoruba
We can communicate in english

O da lugbe o cool
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2009
History
Ekitiland became politically relevant under the british colonial government in June 1900 when Ekiti Council was formed by Major W.R. Reeve-Tuncker the first traveling commissioner.The council was part of the North Eastern District of Lagos government.
In 1913,Ekiti was given a district commissioner and Mr A.W.Livingstone became it's first district officer in Feb.1914.
At almagamation,there was a political re-arrangement under the british rule which saw the Ekiti and Ondo divisions give way for Ondo Province with it's headquarters at Akure.
On the 3rd of feb.1976,seven states were created in Nigeria.Ondo as one of the states created was carved out of the former western state and with slight modifications following boundary adjustments which covered the original old Ondo Province.Ekiti which took up 52% of the state population got it's own state after series of quest for development and self realisation on the 1st of October 1996.
The new state started with 12 local governments and subsequently created 4 more to make it 16.
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 10:32am On Sep 16, 2009
In ora o ekiti kete, lule, loko ati lona oja cool
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 10:36am On Sep 16, 2009
An important feature of the state is the large number of hills it possesses, which are often the site of towns in which much of the population resides. In fact, the word 'Ekiti' was derived from the local term for hill.

The Ekiti is a sub-group of the Yoruba , and indeed their ancestors migrated from Ile-Ife, the spiritual home of all Yoruba . The local dialect is spoken with slight variations in the different communities, but this does not prevent Ekiti indigenes from understanding each other. Christianity, Islam and traditional religions are all practiced.
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 11:29am On Sep 16, 2009
camelot:

in npele libe yi oo

came, se omo ekiti lu e ha ko ba je ba, se wo yoo giyan (can u pound). cos i'am looking for , lipsrsealed
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2009
topsy25:

An important feature of the state is the large number of hills it possesses, which are often the site of towns in which much of the population resides. In fact, the word 'Ekiti' was derived from the local term for hill.

The Ekiti is a sub-group of the Yoruba , and indeed their ancestors migrated from Ile-Ife, the spiritual home of all Yoruba . The local dialect is spoken with slight variations in the different communities, but this does not prevent Ekiti indigenes from understanding each other. Christianity, Islam and traditional religions are all practiced.

Yes the word ekiti was coined from ''okiti'' which means hill.The attached picture shows the Olosunta Hills in Ikere Ekiti.
topsy,
Kara aba, se ala lu e se? ihon eeyan mejeeji ni sikan?  wink

Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2009
topsy25:

In ora o ekiti kete, lule, loko ati lona oja cool
In okun l'ule o
Eku ojumo oo
Good Morning
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2009
topsy25:

came, se omo ekiti lu e ha ko ba je ba, se wo yoo giyan (can u pound). cos i'am looking for , lipsrsealed
grin lipsrsealed
Ooto ni, camelot, se ekiti ni e ni?
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2009
IFELEKE:

Yes the word ekiti was coined from ''okiti'' which means hill.The attached picture shows the Olosunta Hills in Ikere Ekiti.
topsy,
Kara aba, se ala lu e se? ihon eeyan mejeeji ni sikan? wink

ala li mee ha aba. Ibo lo lubo si l'ana ki mo wa ho ti lori yimu
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2009
topsy25:

ala li mee ha aba. Ibo lo lubo si l'ana ki mo wa ho ti lori yimu
me'e li be now, infact mo sita si o titi lana we'e jemi li ho, boya kini ka'a lo'ni li se segesege.
ke'e sele?
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2009
IFELEKE:

me'e li be now, infact mo sita si o titi lana we'e jemi li ho, boya kini ka'a lo'ni li se segesege.
ke'e sele?

Nothing dey happen my brother. Mo yo si e laripe cheesy
Re: Ekiti Kete by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2009
omo ekiti ni me e she o, amo, ondo naa pin a si, mo mo iyan n gun daada, iyan kaa ro tipa-tipa, bawo nishe fe si (how do u lyk it) ? grin
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2009
camelot:

omo ekiti ni me e she o, amo, ondo naa pin a si, mo mo iyan n gun daada, iyan kaa ro tipa-tipa, bawo nishe fe si (how do u lyk it) ? grin

Ibi su'lu re, bawo li mo se le ri aba re ki mi yoo ya ko usu ati hun un kon yo mu dana yaa ko hon tori mee w'aya ko yo giyan daadaa grin undecided
Re: Ekiti Kete by Oluschenco(m): 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2009
omo ekiti ni me e she o, Ifaki ni ilu aba mi.

Its very nice to see my people here, hope all is well with kete ria
Re: Ekiti Kete by kellyd1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2009
Oluschenco:

omo ekiti wetin dey
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2009
camelot:

looto? apa ibo li tere l'ekiti? se fo mo m'uyan i gun? uhmmm! wink
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2009
Oluschenco:

Olu,
In le ara ifaki odun mi fo me moriki rin lifaki amon kaabo sarinrin ria, inu ria dun lopo lati rio.
Lets make this place our e-home by dropping stuffs about our state and beyond.
Once again, kaabo. . .Aba ria a gbe 'a oo
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2009
kelly d:

omo ekiti wetin dey
Bawo ni?. . .kaabo
Re: Ekiti Kete by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2009
omo Igbara-oke ni more o, omo eleye she weyeweye ati dori ogun
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2009
camelot:

uhmmm. . .we'e m'ori mi wu pelu oriki re.
Efon Alaaye mo ti a, emi l'omo oloke tele amugun. . .
Igbara-oke?
I know the place, 've been/passed through there a couple of times.
How are you?
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 8:56am On Sep 17, 2009
camelot:

Omo ugbara oke lue se shocked this is very good. ulu mi jinna si tere at all. In fact, local govt kan la joo ihia cool Emi lomo ujare elewe obi, omo ebora ajufin. Emi lomo leeti arikoseyo, omo ajogede suno j'olusu; ogede lihon je l'ule eti.

Awe mi came, ko fe ki mi mua fun udana wink
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 8:57am On Sep 17, 2009
camelot:

Se o ni eye sa grin cheesy
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 9:03am On Sep 17, 2009
Si ekiti ketes,

Ki lo de ti won fi pin igbara-odo si ekiti, ti won si pin igbara-oke si ondo state Nje a ri eni ti o lo idi ti won fi pin ilu meji yi bee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Enugwu Ukwu In Anambra Where Pythons & Human Beings Live In Harmony / 6 Lovely Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks (photos) / Meet The Koma People Of Adamawa State Where Cloth Is A Prized Possession (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.