Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Advise Needed About My First Interstate Trip - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise Needed About My First Interstate Trip (1027 Views)

Embark’s Truck Completes 2400mi Trip From LosAngeles To Florida Without A Driver / Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip / Advice Needed : About To Buy A Nigerian Used HONDA ELEMENT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed About My First Interstate Trip by patlead: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hello People,

I am planing to travel interstate for the first time. my trip will be from lagos to ondo state but my concern is that i am yet to change my car documentation to my name given that there has been one previous owner from whom i purchased it. I have the receipt of purchase though, is there anything i should be worried about or is it advisable to embark on the trip like that.

Also, mechanically, what do i need to do?
Re: Advise Needed About My First Interstate Trip by diportivo: 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
patlead:
Hello People,

I am planing to travel interstate for the first time. my trip will be from lagos to ondo state but my concern is that i am yet to change my car documentation to my name given that there has been one previous owner from whom i purchased it. I have the receipt of purchase though, is there anything i should be worried about or is it advisable to embark on the trip like that.

Also, mechanically, what do i need to do?

Where in ondo state?

If u are going thru ore,my guy,police go use u chop o

Boys on dat route are not smiling if there's any comma in ur paper work

If u r going thru Ibadan dem nor too plenty wey dey hungry on dat route....save for those at iyana-ife in Ibadan

If I were u,I wld simply keep the receipt,and tender the old docs of d car

Patapata na to ask who owns it,and u will say it's a friend of urs....if u r a pastor and u cant lie,goan do new plates and particulars

Mechanically,ur tyre dey roll?ur brake dey catch?ur full light dey flash?u don service d car?

If yes,guy carry go grin

3 Likes

Re: Advise Needed About My First Interstate Trip by patlead: 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
diportivo:

Where in ondo state?

If u are going thru ore,my guy,police go use u chop o

Boys on dat route are not smiling if there's any comma in ur paper work

If u r going thru Ibadan dem nor too plenty wey dey hungry on dat route....save for those at iyana-ife in Ibadan

If I were u,I wld simply keep the receipt,and tender the old docs of d car

Patapata na to ask who owns it,and u will say it's a friend of urs....if u r a pastor and u cant lie,goan do new plates and particulars

Mechanically,ur tyre dey roll?ur brake dey catch?ur full light dey flash?u don service d car?

If yes,guy carry go grin
lol, thanks....i plan to go through ibadan thru ife....at least according to google maps
Re: Advise Needed About My First Interstate Trip by Waladade4luv(m): 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2016
Am having same issues traveling from oyo to kwara for d first time, the car document expired april last year havent done change of ownership yet then afraid of oyo-ogbomoso road then mechanical issues too
Re: Advise Needed About My First Interstate Trip by diportivo: 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
Waladade4luv:
Am having same issues traveling from oyo to kwara for d first time, the car document expired april last year havent done change of ownership yet then afraid of oyo-ogbomoso road then mechanical issues too

If u are afraid of oyo ogbomoso road,den don't travel

Dat road bad true true,but I still prefer it to akure-owo

I can't tell u how I do my oyo-ogbomosho trips,but I always enjoy it
Re: Advise Needed About My First Interstate Trip by oluwanoni: 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
diportivo:

The police on oyo - "ogbomoso road plenty oooo make sure your papers are up to date.

the roads too are not so good, so you have to shine your eyes well.
Re: Advise Needed About My First Interstate Trip by patlead: 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
Thanks all, the trip was perfect.thank God for journey mercies

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed About My First Interstate Trip by Waladade4luv(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
diportivo:

na 2 dey very carful of thore trailers and oyo-ogbomoso na just 40mins i guess

(1) (Reply)

Shudder Vibration Sensation From Dead Stop- Lexus RX 350 / How Much Is It Going To Cost Me To Clear A 2003 Lexus ES-300? / Cctv Spy Recording Pen In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.