Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip (18406 Views)

Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) / Samson Switchblade,World's 1st 2-Seater Flying Sports Car Goes On Sale Next Year / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Automotive1(m): 1:39am On Feb 06, 2018
[img]https:///a/img924/7212/LEZ92P.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img924/3392/k3oWJr.jpg[/img]

On the 2nd of feb 2018, Hyundai successfully completed trial runs in South Korea with the world’s first self-driving fuel cell vehicles.

They sent a convoy of five self-driving cars on a full 196 kilometers (118 miles) road trip from Seoul to Pyeongchang, South Korea, site of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

The convoy fitted with level 4 autonomous technology and 5G wifi consisted of five cars, three of which were modified Hyundai Nexo hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles and the other two were modified Genesis G80 sedans from the automaker's luxury brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz6FDTXjihI

The "cruise" and "set" buttons were pressed on each car by engineers before computers took over control.

The zero emissions Hyundai autonomous cars travelling at highway speeds of 62-68mph joined the motorway full of traffic, changed lanes, overtook other cars and even navigated through toll booths using South Korea's wireless payment system.

The cars use a series of Radar and Lidar sensors, cameras and a GPS locator to recognise nearby cars and also the width and position of objects like toll gates.

If the GPS signal goes down like in an underground tunnel,hi-tech external sensors on the exterior kick in to keep it on track.

All this tech requires huge super computers onboard but the ultra-efficient 500-mile hydrogen engine was able to deliver enough power for the systems and to drive the car, through a reaction between hydrogen and oxygen in the fuel cell stack, with the only tail pipe emission being water vapour.

Hyundai sees commercialization of Level 4 vehicles taking place in 2021, though only in what it calls "pilot smart cities," or locations tailored to be connected enough to make the implementation of autonomous tech easier. "Fully" autonomous driving would be at commercial level by 2030.

The Future self-driving cars don't have to be pure electric vehicles, and Hyundai is determined to prove it. What do you think?

Source : https://autojosh.com/watch-worlds-first-self-driving-hydrogen-car-complete-record-118-mile-trip/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by anethcharly(m): 1:45am On Feb 06, 2018
Nigerians will get this product in 2030.
There ain't no scrab yet, cus these white folks knows where they dump em.

#Shithole

Anybody quote me, upcoming thunder.
cool

6 Likes

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by hisgrace090: 1:52am On Feb 06, 2018
When the rest of the world are heavily investing on serious research, Nigerian leaders are busy looting cash meant for development and burying them underground.

If they stop you from moving it abroad, then you bury it at home.

White man doing almost everything. Wow!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by MrMystrO(m): 7:14am On Feb 06, 2018
It's nice to see the world moving towards renewables and independence from Man power. Sometimes i ask myself.. do we even know where this country is going? If there were to be a world war today, where would we stand? Other countries have their futures secured in every way they can, over here... No Hope..na for my people to dey shout sai baba anyhow! Chai i tire

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by michlins(m): 7:16am On Feb 06, 2018
What happens to our crude oil when all these happens to vars

8 Likes

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by victoroscar(m): 7:16am On Feb 06, 2018
shocked cool eyinbo are madt indeed
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by lookingfly: 7:16am On Feb 06, 2018
Really
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by victoroscar(m): 7:16am On Feb 06, 2018
shocked cool eyinbo are madt indeed

1 Like

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Esomchi44(m): 7:16am On Feb 06, 2018
nice
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Britzdon(m): 7:19am On Feb 06, 2018
Meanwhile , We dey for Naija dey wait for direct-belgium

4 Likes

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Britzdon(m): 7:20am On Feb 06, 2018
michlins:

We'd start rearing cows like the fulanis. Quote me at your own risk
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Acidosis(m): 7:20am On Feb 06, 2018
michlins:

Resource curse a.k.a. Dutch disease

1 Like

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Pavore9: 7:20am On Feb 06, 2018
Africa is still far off! For many what they carry on their heads like Gala is their right to polygamy, having many children they have no means to raise to become productive, fighting over mineral resources, stashing their loots in the West. ......... angry

6 Likes

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by icedfire(m): 7:21am On Feb 06, 2018
I am more interested in the hydrogen cells? how was it converted? could there be hope form cars running on water in the near future?
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Sweetcollins: 7:21am On Feb 06, 2018
Don't worry
Nigeria will soon start to produce tooth picks
~~Audu Ogbeh

2 Likes

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by chimeziedickson: 7:23am On Feb 06, 2018
It is just woow!!!
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Aldebaran(m): 7:27am On Feb 06, 2018
Automotive1:

The zero emissions Hyundai autonomous cars travelling at highway speeds of 62-68mph joined the motorway full of traffic, changed lanes, overtook other cars and even navigated through toll booths using South Korea's wireless payment system.

All this tech requires huge super computers onboard but the ultra-efficient 500-mile hydrogen engine was able to deliver enough power for the systems and to drive the car, through a reaction between hydrogen and oxygen in the fuel cell stack, with the only tail pipe emission being water vapour.

At the bolded
The car even paid toll using wireless payment system grin kiss

No poisonous gas from exhaust,but water vapour grin kiss

3 Likes

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by sandland: 7:28am On Feb 06, 2018
The world will be better for all of these.
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by jaxxy(m): 7:29am On Feb 06, 2018
I like d way the whites think. Even the Asians. What are the blacks thinking about?
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by iamolatunay(m): 7:31am On Feb 06, 2018
And what again are u going to do!!?
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Britzdon(m): 7:33am On Feb 06, 2018
jaxxy:
I like d way the whites think. Even the Asians. What are the blacks thinking about?
Cattle ranches

6 Likes

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:34am On Feb 06, 2018
MrMystrO:
It's nice to see the world moving towards renewables and dependence on Man power. Sometimes i ask myself.. do we even know where this country is going? If there were to be a world war today, where would we stand? Other countries have their futures secured in every way they can, over here... No Hope..na for my people to dey shout sai baba anyhow! Chai i tire
If there were a world war today all Nigerians shall be in heaven.We have suffered hell already.On a serious note we do not know where we stand or where we are headed to.

1 Like

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by bjhandz: 7:35am On Feb 06, 2018
We will get there when will stop stealing money.
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by AishaBuhari: 7:37am On Feb 06, 2018
MrMystrO:
It's nice to see the world moving towards renewables and independence from Man power. Sometimes i ask myself.. do we even know where this country is going? If there were to be a world war today, where would we stand? Other countries have their futures secured in every way they can, over here... No Hope..na for my people to dey shout sai baba anyhow! Chai i tire
Nigeria is more than a war zone Bro
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by justi4jesu(f): 7:39am On Feb 06, 2018
cool cool cool cool
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Afrikprice: 7:41am On Feb 06, 2018
Automotive1:

On the 2nd of feb 2018, Hyundai successfully completed trial runs in South Korea with the world’s first self-driving fuel cell vehicles.

They sent a convoy of five self-driving cars on a full 196 kilometers (118 miles) road trip from Seoul to Pyeongchang, South Korea, site of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

The convoy fitted with level 4 autonomous technology and 5G wifi consisted of five cars, three of which were modified Hyundai Nexo hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles and the other two were modified Genesis G80 sedans from the automaker's luxury brand.

At the BOLDED, it'll interest you to know that the Hyundai NEXO model will spearhead Hyundai Motor’s plans to accelerate development of low emission vehicles, in line with Hyundai Motor Group’s renewed goal of introducing 18 eco-friendly models to global markets by 2025.

This new development roadmap also represents the next step for Hyundai Motor towards realising the ultimate ambition of creating a cleaner environment through eco-friendly vehicles.

https://afrikprice.com/latest-cars-nigeria-2019-hyundai-nexo/

1 Like

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by lastempero: 7:41am On Feb 06, 2018
FG's only plan for Nigeria is how to secure the future of cows in nigeria that's why they are hustling for cattle colony while others are busy making headways.
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by MrMystrO(m): 7:42am On Feb 06, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
If there were a world war today all Nigerians shall be in heaven.We have suffered hell already.On a serious note we do not know where we stand or where we are headed to.

Lol I'm asking because oil which is our main source of income will soon become useless. If Nigeria couldn't get better with all the oil funds we generated, Na when oil no dey sell again we go better? We might just end up like Sudan or Namibia soon. Seriously, i see no hope.

2 Likes

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:45am On Feb 06, 2018
MrMystrO:

Lol I'm asking because oil which is our main source of income will soon become useless. If Nigeria couldn't get better with all the oil funds we generated, Na when oil no dey sell again we go better? We might just end up like Sudan or Namibia soon. Seriously, i see no hope.
Lol.
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by imami00: 7:47am On Feb 06, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by HajimeSaito(m): 7:55am On Feb 06, 2018
grin
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by holysaint1(m): 7:56am On Feb 06, 2018
Acidosis:

Resource curse a.k.a. Dutch disease
Economists spotted.. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Man Miraculously Survived A Ghastly Trailer Crush At Tincan Apapa / The Roadx Motorsports Launch Party In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Reactions To Policemen Flagging Down Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.