Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real (18206 Views)

Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree / Meet First Class Graduate Of OAU And 7 Times ICAN Prize Winner – / Finally, Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle Passed WAEC. The Change Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Bimpe29: 10:57am On Jul 25, 2016
I love your determination and commend your zeal. God in His infinite mercy will make you succeed both in your undergraduate and professional programmes.
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Franchise21(m): 10:57am On Jul 25, 2016
I wan enroll for dat ican ooh
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by HisVine(m): 11:00am On Jul 25, 2016
Kudos bro, its not easy.
What about CFA?
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by plainmirror(m): 11:07am On Jul 25, 2016
optimusmind:
Lalasticlala

Pls FP

Good day. I sent you a PM
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by teejaypitts: 11:11am On Jul 25, 2016
Hello,i would like to findout steps to write the project.I would like someone who has gone through this stage to put me through.thanks.
haibe:

Yes Acca gives these options but they are expensive oo.. lol.. especially the M.SC in University of London. Anyway i opted for the Oxford Brookes University Bsc in applied Accounting and hoping to submit my Research and Analysis Project either this November or Next Year May. My exams score has been good but i need an A in this project to make a first class, although i learnt its very hard to get an A, but i will still do my best.

Personally i dont think you need to do Acca again if you are a qualified ACA member because ICAN has really improved lately and to me i think they can now compete globally with the likes of ICAEW, ACCA, CPA, even though there is still room for improvement. Except you really need the Bsc and Msc degrees tho and may want to work in the UK or other countries where ACCA is highly regarded.
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Sezua(m): 11:23am On Jul 25, 2016
Writing ACCA has been my desire, it would have been easier if i had someone to sponsor me a little. I virtually scrapped myself through school. just finished NYSC i am hopeful i would secure a job to provide the needed resources i would need to write ACCA. it is well
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by haibe(m): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2016
teejaypitts:
Hello,i would like to findout steps to write the project.I would like someone who has gone through this stage to put me through.thanks.

Bro i have not gone through the stage, am just about to start too. Infact i feel discouraged already based on my assessment of what it will takes to perform well. I always thought i was doing a project in my final year, didn't know that was rubbish...lol, this oyinbo prople dont joke with Research at all oo. But just for information sake, u can download the Oxford Brookes University information pack from Acca website or i can email it to you
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Bimpe29: 11:28am On Jul 25, 2016
I love your determination and commend your zeal. God in His infinite mercy shall make you succeed both in your undergraduate and professional programmes.
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by haibe(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2016
Sezua:
Writing ACCA has been my desire, it would have been easier if i had someone to sponsor me a little. I virtually scrapped myself through school. just finished NYSC i am hopeful i would secure a job to provide the needed resources i would need to write ACCA. it is well

Bro if you dont have the money, just do Ican. Besides Acca's process of becoming a member is too rigorous. You would need to complete about 9 performance objectives (PER), complete a professional ethics modue, gain at least 3 years work experience in a relevant role before you can be considered a member, despite completing all your exams. Also the exchange rate is making it just too expensive to maintain.

My advise is that you should start ican Asap, as it is cheaper and you may not need to complete all those practical requirements to be a member, you can also use the ACA letters to your name by merely completing your exams. No wahala at all.

You can then claim exemptions for some Acca papers in the future after you have gotten your Ican qualification. Am pretty sure by then money won't be a problem again.

Wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by haibe(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2016
HisVine:
Kudos bro, its not easy.

What about CFA?

Lol hopefully one day i will do this but thats when i have money wella and can afford to fail anyhow because CFA is just on another level mehn
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Shakur86(m): 11:47am On Jul 25, 2016
I'm and HND holder of bus admin but work in accounting unit. I've tried ACCA but I ran away simply becos of financial constraints and becos I felt couldnt cope. I'm regretting my decision. Now studying bsc accounting and planning to be a chartered accountant one day. I'm inspired by your story though. kudos

2 Likes

Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by ogedanny: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2016
Join ICAN Forum In Nigeria: http://icanexam.com/
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Darkgini: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2016
@OP: I have a degree in accounting. At 200l, I took the ats 1 exams and passed the 4 papers. However, i couldn't proceed with ats 2 because by my calculations, I could start from the skills level after graduation and thus save some money from having to write ats 2 and 3 and intermediate.
What also informed my decision was that I was already combining full time work with full time studies.

Long story short, I passed all 4 papers at the skills level and 4 in May 2016 leaving me with just one paper to qualify.

Different stroke for different folks.
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 25, 2016
tree63:
Boss's Boss in the house.. I hail oo..please will like to be enlighten on some questions of mine..

1. Can I sit for ATS 1 this September diet.. Thinking of registering for ICAN this month.
2. Do you think I stand a great chance of acing the exam since am to start late.
3. How much study hours will be required of me to sit for the exam & have a desired results..

Would be rounding off my Nd program in Banking & finance & my present CGPA is 3.49[upper credit ]… ....will want to know how flexible I will be able to cope with the above questions..
.....Thanks..
1. If you wish to sit for the September diet, you can still register now and write the exam. However, I recommend you start processing your registration immediately because the first registration usually takes a month.

2. You are not starting late. When I wrote my ATS 1, I started studying for it Around August 20th and the exams was September 15th and I was still able to pass it. So you still have over two months and I believe that's enough time.

3. From my experience, I'd say putting in 5 to 6 hours dedicated hours(which translates to about 8 to 9 hours setting time) you should be able to get the desired result.
My study time table then was 6 am to 10am, (then attend to other stuff) ,then 4pm to 8pm or 6pm to 10pm depending on my activities for the day.
Although this time table was possible for my ATS 1 because it was during my holidays. Since you are rounding up your ND, you'd have more time.

4. My study goal was to cover 4 chapters in each study pack per day, so I was basically going over the packs cover to cover every 4 to 5 days, it gets easier as you repeat it. It's a though goal though and some times it took my 6 to 7 days to go over it.
You may not have to do the same since you have more time than. I did

4 Likes

Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Boss13: 11:59am On Jul 25, 2016
haibe:

Bro i have not gone through the stage, am just about to start too. Infact i feel discouraged already based on my assessment of what it will takes to perform well. I always thought i was doing a project in my final year, didn't know that was rubbish...lol, this oyinbo prople dont joke with Research at all oo. But just for information sake, u can download the Oxford Brookes University information pack from Acca website or i can email it to you

Laughs. They certainly don't. Do not be discouraged, you will learn a lot from the RAP. Get a good and experienced mentor, that is your first stage of passing.

1 Like

Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by josefaith: 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
haibe:
Kudos to u bro its really not easy, i also thought of starting Acca during my undergraduate days but i was so scared it will affect my school performance and i still think i made a bad decision because these exams really helps one to be very serious, i believe i would have done better in the university if i started Acca earlier.

Anyway I started Acca last year during my service year and thank God as at monday that results of the june diet was released, i passed my last 2 F papers in the skill module. Planning to commence the professional module with Corporate Reporting (P2) and Advanced Financial Management (P4) and hopefully become an affiliate by September Next year.

Congrats Bro, Am starting mine in December By God's Grace and will want your assistance regarding study packs, past questions, video tutorials and other materials that are relevant. How can I contact you. my email is josephakintoye@yahoo.com.

thank you Bro.
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Omoluabi16(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2016
Me and ICAN dey keep malice now. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
Bimpe29:
I love your determination and commend your zeal. God in His infinite mercy will make you succeed both in your undergraduate and professional programmes.
Amen
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
HisVine:
Kudos bro, its not easy.

What about CFA?
I have not consider that.
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
haibe:

Bro if you dont have the money, just do Ican. Besides Acca's process of becoming a member is too rigorous. You would need to complete about 9 performance objectives (PER), complete a professional ethics modue, gain at least 3 years work experience in a relevant role before you can be considered a member, despite completing all your exams. Also the exchange rate is making it just too expensive to maintain.

My advise is that you should start ican Asap, as it is cheaper and you dont need to complete all those practical requirements to be a member. For ican you can use the ACA letters to your name after you merely finish the exams, no wahala at all.

You can then claim exemptions for some Acca papers in the future after you have gotten your Ican qualification. Am pretty sure by then money won't be a problem again.

Wish you all the best
.great advice to the lsd, I however believe you need the three years experience before you can use the ACA title.
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
plainmirror:

Good day. I sent you a PM
Replied
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2016
Bimpe29:
I love your determination and commend your zeal. God in His infinite mercy shall make you succeed both in your undergraduate and professional programmes.
Amen
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by lexydo007(m): 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2016
Economics student, want to start my ATS 1 by March,.. Don't knw how hard it will be
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by gagewonda(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
kudos to all those in the struggle. becoming a chartered accountant is not childs play at all. reminds me how i struggled too during my service year in 2010. the secret is never stop reading and never stop writing diet in, diet out. even when you fail, write again and again. thank God i qualified in 2015. i wish i can inspire others because i am just the ordinary type of guy, not the most intelligent but i read a lot and consistency paid off at the end. God bless you all and like they always say.....it is do-able

1 Like

Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by haibe(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2016
optimusmind:

.great advice to the lsd, I however believe you need the three years experience before you can use the ACA title.
optimusmind you only need the work experience to become a fellow for ican. You can use the ACA title by merely completing your exams. This is an advantage of going for ican. Check screenshot

Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
Shakur86:
I'm and HND holder of bus admin but work in accounting unit. I've tried ACCA but I ran away simply becos of financial constraints and becos I felt couldnt cope. I'm regretting my decision. Now studying bsc accounting and planning to be a chartered accountant one day. I'm inspired by your story though. kudos
God will see you through, I recommend you start the ICAN with your HND now while doing the BSC, something I know for certain is doing professional exams in school makes your school work look like child's play. Reading a study pack of 450 pages keeps you focused even when you are in school.
You will definitely succeed, IJN
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
Darkgini:
@OP: I have a degree in accounting. At 200l, I took the ats 1 exams and passed the 4 papers. However, i couldn't proceed with ats 2 because by my calculations, I could start from the skills level after graduation and thus save some money from having to write ats 2 and 3 and intermediate.
What also informed my decision was that I was already combining full time work with full time studies.

Long story short, I passed all 4 papers at the skills level and 4 in May 2016 leaving me with just one paper to qualify.

Different stroke for different folks.
Thank God for you brother, as you said different stroke. My goal is to qualify November 2017, that's before my service. Kudos once again, I look to achieve your feat some day
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by haibe(m): 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2016
josefaith:

Congrats Bro, Am starting mine in December By God's Grace and will want your assistance regarding study packs, past questions, video tutorials and other materials that are relevant. How can I contact you. my email is josephakintoye@yahoo.com.

thank you Bro.
i will email you
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2016
lexydo007:
Economics student, want to start my ATS 1 by March,.. Don't knw how hard it will be
It would be simple.
The courses are
Economics
Business Law
Basic Accounting
Communication Skills

These are all courses you've done already.
Success

1 Like

Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2016
Omoluabi16:
Me and ICAN dey keep malice now. lipsrsealed
grin
Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by owoeyeyem(m): 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
Brother Really Inspiring , During my time

I combined my ATS 1,2 and 3 with my ND and also i was working as a waiter(Story that was full of ups and downs)
I slept every day in the tutorial centre for the 2 years in my ATS and i scaled through to professional and PE1 and PE2 was combined with My HND,and also ,my Waiters Job and I qualified during my NYSC year and i have updated my knowledge know i teach in one of the ICAN schools.....Dreams Come through brother. You shall complete what you have started in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
owoeyeyem:
Brother Really Inspiring , During my time

I combined my ATS 1,2 and 3 with my ND and also i was working as a waiter(Story that was full of ups and downs)
I slept every day in the tutorial centre for the 2 years in my ATS and i scaled through to professional and PE1 and PE2 was combined with My HND,and also ,my Waiters Job and I qualified during my NYSC year and i have updated my knowledge know i teach in one of the ICAN schools.....Dreams Come through brother. You shall complete what you have started in Jesus name
Inspiring. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Frustrating JAMB Experience! / 2012/ 2013 Waec Gce Registration / List Of Things You Need And Don't Need In Higher Institution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.