Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya (4476 Views)

172 Nigerians Deported From Libya / Charles, A Christian From Nigeria Beaten, Abducted By Armed Gangs In Libya / Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by thameamead(f): 11:18am On Sep 15, 2009
did anyone watch Panorama on BBC1 last night. It was shocking. You can watch it on BBC iplayer. It was about african's trying to get to Europe. The reporter was allowed access to the detention centre in Libya, He spoke to a nigerian dude who said they had no access to medical care and the Libyan authourities had refused to send them bank to Nigerian. Respect to all african's held in detention centre's all over the world, i sincerely feel for them
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by agabaI23(m): 11:20am On Sep 15, 2009
I do not watch it, but I stumbled on it while I was bored browsing through my channels.

It was disgusting. See how they chorused 'Nigeria' when they were asked where they were from?

The rest from somalia. Can you imagine? Nigeria and and somalia? God save my country.
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by agabaI23(m): 11:24am On Sep 15, 2009
Did you hear about the Europe-Libya deal?

They even refused to allow the reporter access into the main dungeon. That tells much about the suffering in there.
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by thameamead(f): 11:39am On Sep 15, 2009
yes i know about the Italian-Libyan's bill which is against the law, I sent emails to Ammensty International, Refugee Council, Reprieve, Liberty and George Galloway a this morning regarding the documentry, Waiting imapatiently for a reply from any of them,
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by asha80(m): 11:42am On Sep 15, 2009
agabaI23:

I do not watch it, but I stumbled on it while I was bored browsing through my channels.

It was disgusting. See how they chorused 'Nigeria' when they were asked where they were from?

The rest from somalia. Can you imagine? Nigeria and and somalia? God save my country.

I watched it too.Nigeria and Somalia are now in competition tongue.

Moreover the naija guy that was replying the reporter seemed educated
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by agabaI23(m): 11:43am On Sep 15, 2009
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by Nezan(m): 11:47am On Sep 15, 2009
Who sent them??
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by shadowmay(m): 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2009
that what you get for
1. Running away from your country
2. Committing crimes in other peoples country
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2009
[size=15pt]Its Rather Pathetic that Even The Minister of Foreign Affairs or Dora Akunyili or Yaradaft can do nothing to save these hapless Nigerians on Deathrow in Lybia but they can keep making all the noise on papers and T.V.

Thank God for Femi Falana and some African Leaders that stopped Ghadaffi from executing few of the Nigerians about to see the Hangman.

What a shame for Nigeria.[/size]
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by tunnytox(m): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2009
I saw the program last night it I can't believe people could be so desperate to risk their lives to such an extent. However, contrary to some people's opinions not only Nigerians are involved in this do or die journey to Europe via Sahara, a lot of other African nationals are involved; Ghanians, Gunieans, somalians, togolese etc.

I still believe that Nigerian government should set up a repatriation program in Libya to bring home these lost and disorientated Nigerians who has been trapped in this senseless journey to Europe via sahara.
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by mahal(m): 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2009
I think we should we should start arresting Libyans, so that we could have them in our jails too. undecided
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by tunnytox(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2009
mahal:

I think we should we should start arresting Libyans, so that we could have them in our jails too. undecided

You make me laugh, Libyans don't travel illegally like Nigerians and other African countries. how can you arrest people for committing no offence?
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by kayc33(m): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2009
really pathetic sad cry
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by otukpo(f): 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2009
mahal:

where will u get them to arrest? Probably, arrest them in Lybia and bring them to Nigeria to jail grin
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by dfanthom(m): 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2009
just goes to show that it is better to stay in your own country! wonder why with open eyes people will go to this closed circuit country that is ruled by a despot. it's own citizens cannot fully express themselves then a naija man will now go there, for what?!

they'd have themselves to blame as even our own sleepy-eyed govt doesn't have what it takes apart from rhetorics to deliver them.
may God save them from this travesty!
cry
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by justwise(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2009
I watched the program as well, i was shocked to say the least
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by babonboard(f): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2009
Yes i did watched it and damn it was a show of shame to even fink that we have grduates amidst them!!!
See how they all chorused nigeria wen the reporter asked them it was really pathetic i couldnt beleive that at this time and age people still want to go to Europe via the dessert when dey dont even know wats in stock. I use to fink it was all in d past.
And look at how dead bodies were everywhere aauuuugggghhhhhhhhh its so creepy!!
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by sman1: 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2009
@nezan,
you said who sent them? most of these people are from a very poor family background, they want to come out of the hardship and help their people, they are not robbing people on third mainland bridge or lagos -ibadan expressway, they left the shores for greener pastures but unfortunately they met what they did not bargain for. I dont know if u were born in uk or US but most of them did not have the opportunity.
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by VOR(m): 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2009
Well serves them right I say.

They entered Libya  illegally, what did they expect?
In any case do they have passports or other ID to show
their identity and country of origin?

If they don't, then how is Libya supposed to know
whether or not they are truly Nigerian? If Libya
sends them back with no papers Nigeria will have the right
to send them straight back.
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2009
its a sad,pathetic.

@agaba 123
that link will only play if you are in the UK.post a different link pls
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by debomb: 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
Watched it as well. Was shocked to say the least. When they chorused Nigeria twice, I became so ashamed and my tummy churned. I instantly started to think of how others would view me at work the next day. VERY disturbing documentary.

We need to start a campaign to show that its not at all Rosy in UK much more in other parts of Europe ( esp if one is not legal) .Let us start telling the truth about what really happens here ! pls we need to stop the future generation from flooding here doing nothing when they can actually do better in Nigeria. I just wish somebody who can pull the strings can act fast and now,
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by agabaI23(m): 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2009
MrPrsdent:

@agaba 123
that link will only play if you are in the UK.post a different link pls

Ok let me see if I can pull that one out.
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by oge4real(f): 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2009
Every passing day, I become more embarrassed to be a Nigerian.
It is quite understandable for Somalians to run away from their country by all means, but a Nigerian? Haba!
The Presidency should put more effort into what Hon. Abike Dabiri is doing to bring back these PRODIGAL MEN.At least, they will be dealt with as humans!
Nigeria has become a scapegoat around the world for journalists, we seem to churn out only bad news.
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2009
oge4real:

Every passing day, I become more embarrassed to be a Nigerian.
It is quite understandable for Somalians to run away from their country by all means, but a Nigerian? Haba!
The Presidency should put more effort into what Hon. Abike Dabiri is doing to bring back these PRODIGAL MEN.At least, they will be dealt with as humans!
Nigeria has become a scapegoat around the world for journalists, we seem to churn out only bad news.

na 2day? grin

BTW, i agree with U 100%
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by ceej(m): 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2009
Come to think of it,there is no harm in emigration,if there are some who just want to emigrate for fleece in europe no problem,bt if there still others who committed heinous crimes,judgement shouldbe meted on them.These arabs are stupid,after they forgotten they africans too and not europeans.They should please deport our briothers.Y hold them down.
I still blame the useless and redundant government Obasanjo has given us,he made life more unbearable,by putting an slowpoke to rule.Nigerian youths our destiny still remians in our hands should we continue like this??
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by newjay(m): 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2009
I don't feel much pity for these people, save for those who travel on legit papers for genuine causes. time after time we read or hear about countless people who lose their lives to harsh forces of nature and hostile tribesmen, in their bid to embark on the perilous journey to Europe through unorthodox routes. but our Nigerian brothers are sometimes so stubborn and out rightly daft- they never see the risks in this misadventure. Worse still, they have a penchant for breaking laws of other lands, thinking they'll get away with it as is the case in Nigeria. Let's face it-Times are hard in the country , but our hardship pales in comparison to the dangers that lurk around us when we choose to take our ill manners to other people's countries-albeit illegally
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by kuramo: 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2009
So much for the love Gaddafi preaches he has for Africa.  It goes to show the man is a terrorist and will remain a terrorist at heart.

There is absolutely no justification for the ill treatment of Nigerians and other illegal African migrants who find themselves in Libya in search of greener pastures.

These people one must agree are economic migrants trying to escape the poverty in their own countries, i bet none will make the very dangerous journeys if the economic situation in their respective countries has not been messed up by fraudulent and corrupt leadership.
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by European: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2009
37,000 emaciated africans washed up in italy alone, last year. the libyan detention centres, and the italy - libyan agreement is vital for us europeans to protect our continent from wave after wave of illiterate, unskilled africans looking to come here illegaly.
africans are a burden to us, they wash up on our shores by clining onto wooden bannana boats like cockroaches, then they beg on their knees for asylum.

unlike europeans who built our great society. africans run to the whiteman and live of him like a parasite. for the whole future of human existance africans will always look up to the white man for scraps of food, aid and medicine we throw to them.

take a look at you country men -

[img]http://www.rnw.nl/data/files/imagecache/must_carry/images/lead/r%C3%A9fugi%C3%A9s%20africains.jpg[/img]

what makes you africans think that you can just swim to europe and live with civilised whites -

Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by chosen04(f): 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2009
European:

africans are a burden to us, they wash up on our shores by clining onto wooden bannana boats like cockroaches, then they beg on their knees for asylum.

what makes you africans think that you can just swim to europe and live with civilised whites -

[/quote)

My pellow(the Hausa way) Nigerians and Africans see as this European dey compare us to cockroach. This man finish us. No be e fault na condtion make crayfish bend
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by sley4life(m): 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2009
what are nigerians doing in libya? Are they cr@zy. What do they have in libya that nigeria no get. Libya dont have 24hrs light, no job etc. Instead of me going to libya i'll go to Niger. Our govt has spoilt the nation such that 80% wants to leave the country.
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by kayc33(m): 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2009
European:

37,000 emaciated africans washed up in italy alone, last year. the libyan detention centres, and the italy - libyan agreement is vital for us europeans to protect our continent from wave after wave of illiterate, unskilled africans looking to come here illegaly.

unlike europeans who built our great society. africans run to the whiteman and live of him like a parasite. for the whole future of human existance africans will always look up to the white man for scraps of food, aid and medicine we throw to them.

take a look at you country men -

[img]http://www.rnw.nl/data/files/imagecache/must_carry/images/lead/r%C3%A9fugi%C3%A9s%20africains.jpg[/img]

shut the hell up u gay! angry
Re: Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya by oge4real(f): 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2009
European,
Lack of melanin pigment does not necessarily make you a white man you know.
You sound very much like an albino.
By the way, what are you even doing on this forum meant for "cockroaches".

oke ocha!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chief Caught With Cocaine At Lagos Airport(photo) / Uk Visa Agents In Abuja / Fake Travel Agents Exposed*pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.