Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache (2051 Views)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Grandparents Who Are To Wed In Plateau State / Lady Told She Would Amount To Nothing By Grandparents, Finally Graduates / The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
You must answer “NO” to the question “Have you eaten?”

“Ah! You want to starve to death?”

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
When they now cook for you, you must tell them you are not eating

“Ahn ahn! How can?”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
You must go their house slimmer than the last time they saw you

“Are they not feeding you at home?”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
You must call your older siblings and cousins by their first name (not brother or aunty)

“Ah! You lack respect sha.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
Grand moms can spoil you ehn! God bless my grandma..I love her .grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
You must reject their natural medicines when you are sick

“What is aspirin? My friend come and drink agbo!”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2016
When they ask you what you want to become, make sure you don’t say lawyer or doctor

“You want to disgrace our family abi?”

2 Likes

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2016
In fact, say you don’t want to go to school

“HAYYYYYY kuku kill me oh!”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
If you are in the area they live, don’t visit them

“What if I die tomorrow nko? Will you not see me before I die?”

6 Likes

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
You must show them that you take after your other side of the family

“But I thought you were one of us. “

2 Likes

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2016
Even though you understand their language, speak only English to them

“Hayyy this world has spoilt. I blame your parents.”

3 Likes

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2016
Take longer than 2 hours after you graduate from school to marry

“What are you waiting for?”

4 Likes

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
When you marry, take longer than 9 months and 1 day to start giving them great grandchildren

“Time is going oh!”

3 Likes

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
In fact just say you don’t want to marry

“What are you even talking?”

http://zikoko.com/general/how-to-give-your-nigerian-grandparents-headache/

Lalasticlala Obinoscopy

3 Likes

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by ipledge10(m): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
Haha grin

Skarlet no go kill person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Layooluwa(f): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hahahahaha!!cheesy, or get a tattoo in a place they can see it. Na to drag you to church for deliverance sure pastcheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Tenkobos(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
skarlett:
When they ask you what you want to become, make sure you don’t say lawyer or doctor

“You want to disgrace our family abi?”
This is true. My great-grand said that the reason she said NO when my uncle wanted to study law was because lawyers are buried face down when they die. It is a disgrace according to her.

1 Like

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by AngelAhnie(f): 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
ipledge10:
Haha grin

Sk.arlet no go kill person
you give them headache ni grin
Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
Tenkobos:
This is true. My great-grand said that the reason she said NO when my uncle wanted to study law was because lawyers are buried face down when they die. It is a disgrace according to her.

Lol! Your granny is funny but the post is sacarstic. What it really means is that grandparents rate doctors and lawyers higher than any other profession. So if you indicate an interest in anything other than the two, they'll feel disappointed.

1 Like

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2016
PushPlay:
Grand moms can spoil you ehn!
God bless my grandma..I love her .grin

Me too grin
Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
Tell them you not going to go church with them during holidays. They'll tell you how the devil has successfully built mansion in you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Feranchek(m): 5:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
Take longer than 2 hours!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

And this applies mostly to the ladies cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by iykekelvins(m): 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2016
Stay at your granny's place and refuse to do chores.

You go hear amgrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Tell them you not going to go church with them during holidays. They'll tell you how the devil has successfully built mansion in you

Or you've joined a gang #gangantichrist grin grin
Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2016
Feranchek:
Take longer than 2 hours!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
And this applies mostly to the ladies cheesy cheesy cheesy

True that cheesy
Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Lavedaa: 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
skarlett:
You must reject their natural medicines when you are sick

“What is aspirin? My friend come and drink agbo!”

Hilarious! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2016
grin grin
Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Izyyblaze(f): 6:11am On Jul 21, 2016
cry sad embarassed cry
I miss my grandma.
Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Sexxkillz: 11:05am On Aug 07, 2016
grin
Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by crackhaus: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
Grandmoms are just something else, too bad I didn't get to hang much around my maternal grandmother before her passing.

My paternal grandma is now in her very old age and still hasn't stopped disturbing my life anytime we see, she's the one that even gives me headache.
The woman still tries to carry me with all my weight on top of those her tiny feeble-looking legs. undecided

It's good enough I don't get to see her a lot...and even if I wanted to, her travel schedule is like 10× more busy than mine - that mama dey travel go everywhere. grin
Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2016
Don't you just love grandparents? Especially grandmothers. gringringrin
Re: How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache by general111(m): 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
My maternal grandmother is something.she is a perfectionist. Anything less,man u r in trouble.don't even shake your legs when you r asleep,just sleep like a gentleman... Lol

(1) (Reply)

Does This Make Me A Bad Mother? / Why Become A Single Mother? / Female Or Male:Which Will You Like To Be Your First Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.