Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,762 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:37 AM

Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue (11874 Views)

#BankWars. Sterling Bank Apologises For Shading Other Banks. / AMCON Hands Over Keystone Bank To New Investors / Finally, AMCON Sells Keystone Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 21, 2016
Chai!! And I still have N46 in my Keystone account O!!!. First thing tomoro morning. No dulling.
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by KINGinVAHALA: 7:03am On Jul 21, 2016
dadebayo1:

Yes.. The branch at bodija... I noticed the bank is no longer functioning..
Goodmorning bro, hope you re cool? Please check your email, i dropped you a mail.
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by Akjr(m): 7:13am On Jul 21, 2016
Damma dah keystone entire general no sabi buy customers
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by opribo(m): 7:27am On Jul 21, 2016
Dors any serious person still bank there, since Sanusi and his gang of looters called management staff came in to wipe off what was left of the bank. Sterling Bank obviously has seen the rot there and left it alone. Imagine all ther rest have been sold only them left. Emefiole take that had decision once and for all because there is nothing left there in. Once AMCON shifts the table off their feet they are gone. You cannot be using tax payers funds to support a dead enterprice. Many thanks to Sanusi.
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by Chukazu: 8:00am On Jul 21, 2016
obstead200:
abeg talk what u know.
what is wrong with Nigerians sef?
FYI, I was a staff in one of these toxic banks when the sanusi tsunami came. although sanusi took a very hard stance, it was necessary at that time. Those banks were being run worse than a state government treasury. the strategic looting by the management (MD and executive directors) were barely concealed. Infact it was very clear. it is true that staff were being well paid to keep them happy and make the banks look prosperous. But if, as a staff, u are sound in Accounting and financial mgt and u understand the concepts of enterprise risk management, corporate govenance and going concern, then, from a mile away, u would see the doom awaiting your organisation.

and please tell me something... could those bank have been rescued by their shareholders, and were they duly carried along in what Sanusi did?

you are just a hireling working for your money, so your interest and opinion can never be as important as it's shareholders

what Sanusi did was reckless and uncalled for, even some of him management has spoken against it so I don't know what you are driving at.

there were banks worse than bank PHB, in terms of low corporate governance and liquidity
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by obstead200(m): 8:03am On Jul 21, 2016
Chukazu:

and please tell me something... could those bank have been rescued by their shareholders, and were they duly carried along in what Sanusi did?
I assume u shud already know the poor standard of corporate governance in Nigerian companies. The shareholders are toothless bulldog as far as the management is concerned. If u had been an insider in the proceedings sequel to an AGM in any of these poorly run organizations, u will understand what I mean. I can't begin to explain this in detail. Just leave it at that.
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by Chukazu: 8:14am On Jul 21, 2016
obstead200:
I assume u shud already know the poor standard of corporate governance in Nigerian companies. The shareholders are toothless bulldog as far as the management is concerned. If u had been an insider in the proceedings sequel to an AGM in any of these poorly run organizations, u will understand what I mean. I can't begin to explain this in detail. Just leave it at that.

you getting all missed up bro.

removing the management team is well and good but creating panic and selling off the bank without inviting shareholders to shore up the bank's capital base was a reckless act.

now everyone of those banks are literally dead, so what good did Sanusi?

even the biggest companies in the world over have issues with corporate governance, name them.. Arthur anders(accounting mess)
VW (cheat on fuel efficiency) Takata (air bag deaths)
but the real objective is to punish those involved and keep the company alive!
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by mindworx: 8:52am On Jul 21, 2016
interesting
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by dadebayo1(m): 8:55am On Jul 21, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Goodmorning bro, hope you re cool? Please check your email, i dropped you a mail.

No problem sir... Just let me know when it starts.. You msgd first so will definitely give it to you... All the best mail seen..
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by ogbobo: 10:23am On Jul 21, 2016
Hmmm!!! Compare keystone with ecobank,keystone will smell like a million roses.Ecobank deserve to be under lock and key.
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by Stanbeto: 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
Them chop my 1k, i want to close my Account for there
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by Adesiji77: 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
ogbobo:
Hmmm!!! Compare keystone with ecobank,keystone will smell like a million roses.Ecobank deserve to be under lock and key.

Why did you say so? @bolded
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by SaintUlot: 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
Make money daily directly into your bank account. Check my signature to get started
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by KINGinVAHALA: 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
dadebayo1:

No problem sir... Just let me know when it starts.. You msgd first so will definitely give it to you... All the best mail seen..
wow, thats sir, i will surely do the needful! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Sterling Bank's Talk To Buy Keystone Ends, Plans Bond Issue by obstead200(m): 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Chukazu:

you getting all missed up bro.

Removing the management team is well and good but creating panic and selling off the bank without inviting shareholders to shore up the bank's capital base was a reckless act.

now everyone of those banks are literally dead, so what good did Sanusi?

even the biggest companies in the world over have issues with corporate governance, name them.. Arthur anders(accounting mess)
VW (cheat on fuel efficiency) Takata (air bag deaths)
but the real objective is to punish those involved and keep the company alive!
At the bolded. I must admit u had a valid point. It should have been handled with more tact on the part of samurai and CBN.
But sanusi has always been a dramatic fellow. He loves the attention and ripples his words and actions creates.
That is his main fault as an industry regulator

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria-china Currency Swap, Commendable, But Requires Caution -NANTS / My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account / Goodness Morakinyo - FOREX scam artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.