Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com (1795 Views)

Tinubu Withdraws Financial Support For APC - Naij.com / Senate Blasts APC For Believing Buhari’s Impeachment Rumors / Nicknames Nigerians Call State Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Oluwabusobomi(f): 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2016
A section of Nigerians have called on the National Assembly to commence impeachment proceedings against President Muhammadu Buhari over the state of the economy.

Aggrieved Nigerians have accused President Buhari of failing to deliver on his campaign promises.
The call for Buhari’s impeachment was triggered by a statement credited to the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, that the federal government might not be able to pay salaries of its workers with effect from October this year if the current economy decline continues.

Emefiele reportedly made the statement on Tuesday, July 19, during a closed-door meeting with senators when briefing them about the state of the economy.
Emefiele also said if the present situation in the country continued, Nigerians would be forced to pay general taxes which would not exclude petroleum products.
However, Emefiele’s statements has sparked outrage among some Nigerians who have called for the President Buhari to be sacked for failing to fulfill his campaign promises.

The aggrieved Nigerians warned that the plan by the administration to stop paying salaries or force additional taxes on Nigerians could spell doom for the administration.

https://www.naij.com/898392-economic-crisis-nigerians-call-buharis-impeachment.html?f&poster=14428

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by HungerBAD: 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
Jokers.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Oluwabusobomi(f): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
I will be the happiest person on earth if that dullard is booted out cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Oluwabusobomi(f): 9:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.
Zombie

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Jombojombo(m): 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2016
NASS should rise to the occasion and send the Daura President to his cattle farm ASAP!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Jombojombo(m): 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2016
Buhari was a mistake - Tinubu

tongue tongue

Lalasticlala good morning

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by idupaul: 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hmmm is this true? ..let put this to test ASAP click like for impeachment or click share if you are against impeaching Buhari..

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Umunede(m): 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2016
Pay general taxes? Hey, President Buhari. God de
Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by encriagona: 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
I'm very sure, d person who posted this shit must be a igbo nonontity who hated d hausa's & yoruba's 4 their progress

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Jombojombo(m): 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2016
encriagona:
I'm very sure, d person who posted this shit must be a igbo nonontity who hated d hausa's & yoruba's 4 their progress

Zombie, go school u no gree!

Poor Almajiri like u... SMH

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by ORACLE1975(m): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2016
Madness

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by AlphaNet: 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2016
Emefiele also said if the present situation in the country continued, Nigerians would be forced to pay general taxes which would not exclude petroleum products.

So why do they think the masses should now be over burdened with taxes when the economy is bad?

Within one month alone, I have received in my office all manner of demand notices from the Rivers State Government and Obio-Akpor LGA Tax force teams totaling over N500,000.00. What business do I do (an IT Firm with just 2 employees)? or is it a crime now to own a small business in Nigeria that the Govt. would want to kill it in the name of Tax?

PMB should be impeached immediately....!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Jombojombo(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
ORACLE1975:
Madness

In you I guess

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by otitokoroleti: 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.
says ZOMBIE

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by limeta(f): 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
Buhari pls go

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Luckylife(m): 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
The voice of the people are the voice of God. In support of impeachment click like , those against click share.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Ojiofor: 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
encriagona:

I am very sure this night mosquito and heat won't allow you to sleep due to no electricity to power your useless ceiling fan in a one room apartment with four wives and 15 children and that is what every Tajudeen mean by progress.SMH for umu Afonja!

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by chadwickcollins(m): 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
Am jst laughing
Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by mazichika: 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2016
I pray the impeach the mofo.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by mazichika: 10:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
Ojiofor:

I am very sure this night mosquito and heat won't allow you to sleep due to no electricity to power your useless ceiling fan in a one room apartment with four wives and 15 children and that is what every Tajudeen mean by progress.SMH for umu Afonja!
grin
See as you just finish that citizen of brownie republic.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by ba7man(m): 11:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
The people calling for the impeachment should be rounded up, locked up and whipped.

We can't let the ignorant and illiterates have a say in the affairs of this nation till they get knowledge first.

Their mental shortcomings have held this nation back long enough.
Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by emmysam2: 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2016
The Impeachment proceeding against Buhari should commence soonest
If I have a driver who can't driver well, and I fired him for that reason. I got a new driver, and all he keeps telling me is the former driver can't driver and yet the new driver hasn't done any better than the former driver.
What am I supposed to do to the new driver
Am absolutely sure I need to do another firing ( and hiring).

I regret ever supporting Buhari's election!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by omenka(m): 11:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.
They say "a section of Nigerians". grin

Remember when they brought us a story about what "Ugandans" think about Buhari?? When we checked the names of those "Ugandans", we saw that 90% were actually names coming from "a section of Nigeria". That was the origin of Ugandans on Nairaland. grin

I'm very sure the "section of Nigerians" this would be. smiley

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Jombojombo(m): 11:12pm On Jul 20, 2016
omenka:
They say "a section of Nigerians". grin

Remember when they brought us a story about what "Ugandans" think about Buhari?? When we checked the names of those "Ugandans", we saw that 90% were actually names coming from "a section of Nigeria". That was the origin of Ugandans on Nairaland. grin

I'm very sure the "section of Nigerians" this would be. smiley

I can see u are forcing yourself to bring out those simile smiling faces... Down inside you are disappointment, depression and frustration

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Curlieweed: 11:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
Why are these people "overheating the polity" of our nascent mumu-cracy?

Why are you disturbing our Presidiot? The man only promised to fight corruption. Are you not aware that if there no economy, there will be no money and therefore no yam to chop? Haba! Can any of you think of a better way of fighting corruption? Please leave the man, Biko.
Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2016
How can the opinion of the inconsequential 5% trump that of the majority? Absolute inconsequential nonsense
Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
is that so?
Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
How can the opinion of the inconsequential 5% trump that of the majority? Absolute inconsequential nonsense

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 21, 2016
Even within his party, most of his former supporters want him out. The man is simply inept on everything except his fascination and passion over corruption. He suits bests as the efcc chairman or police IG nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by blackpanda: 5:11am On Jul 21, 2016
AlphaNet:

So why do they think the masses should now be over burdened with taxes when the economy is bad?

Within one month alone, I have received in my office all manner of demand notices from the Rivers State Government and Obio-Akpor LGA Tax force teams totaling over N500,000.00. What business do I do (an IT Firm with just 2 employees)? or is it a crime now to own a small business in Nigeria that the Govt. would want to kill it in the name of Tax?

PMB should be impeached immediately....!!!

You are being taxes by LGA and u are calling PMB My friend check yourself o. You have your councillors, LG chairmen and governor sitting quietly and squashing ur head, but u ran to social media to nag abt buhari all because u must wail!
Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by PigMeat: 5:17am On Jul 21, 2016
if finance is required to actualise this move i will gladly sell my only plot of land as part of my assistance to liberate nigeria from this hardship. Nigeria is rudderless as it stands.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Call For Buhari’s Impeachment - Naij.com by Rikov(m): 5:40am On Jul 21, 2016
Ojiofor:

.ahahaha .lwkm

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alert!!!: Petition against Buhari begins!!! / Caption This Image Of Tambuwal Pointing At Saraki / Pigasus. The Pig Who Was Nominated For President Of The United States.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.