Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July (41217 Views)

A Friend Forget Password To Windows 10 / How To Upgrade To Windows 10: What You Need To Know / Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by gingger(m): 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
martineverest:
u don't need anti virus on Windows 10

Wat made u arrive at that conclusion windows 10 does not need an Antivirus?

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
windows 7 till Baba God calls!!!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by abzeemao(m): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
please what settings did u change in your wifi. being having problem connecting to wifi hotspot after the upgrade. thanks

GloryIsaac:

Its a good OS, just that you have to change lot of stuff in settings b'cos microsoft made all their apps to be the default for whatever you wish to do.... Then you've got to change some stuff in your WiFi and bluetooth settings too....

Installed it on a Lenovo 2015 model that came with a default Windows 8.1, its the 8.1 license that i used to upgrade mine. Free till July 29th..

Its worth 3.3gb of data...and before it starts downloading, it'll check if your laptop is compatible with it.. Bear in mind that it'll also replace some of your apps with its own upgraded version....
Make hay while the sun shines smiley
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by claremont(m): 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
You can get it for free on Torrent sites, don't pay for it.
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
hUmaneOne:
The upgrade is not for everybody..
Microsoft made that mistake and pushed the update to those who were ineligible thus making their system malfunction.

The core issue is the display driver.:Most recent nvidia and amd graphics are compatible with windows 10.
Intel HD graphics from the 3rd generation upwards are fully compatible.

For those that couldn't play games after upgrading to 10,you have to install your Windows 10 compatible display/video drivers.if your system doesn't have a compatible driver,you have no choice but to stick with a lesser Windows version
pls does it run properly on Intel core i3

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by wristbangle: 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
Thanks for the info OP

Can my HP with 2GB RAM 250GB ROM support windows 10? sad
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by ITbomb(m): 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
wristbangle:
Thanks for the info OP

Yes Check here for the minimum specs http://www.ityunit.com/2015/07/windows-10-minimum-specs-for-upgrade.html

Don't worry, we have found a way for you to be installing free even after July 29
Click here to get the working ISO and how to install without creating a Bootable USB or DVD

For those not being able to play games after installation or having WiFi issues ,

First go to device manager and update any device that is showing the yellow alert especially display drivers and network controllers
Secondly, install .Net framework 2.5 to 3.5
Finally, install DirectX 9 version (it comes with DirectX 12c but some games needs dll files from DirectX 9 to run properly.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2016
hUmaneOne:
The upgrade is not for everybody..
Microsoft made that mistake and pushed the update to those who were ineligible thus making their system malfunction.

The core issue is the display driver.:Most recent nvidia and amd graphics are compatible with windows 10.
Intel HD graphics from the 3rd generation upwards are fully compatible.

For those that couldn't play games after upgrading to 10,you have to install your Windows 10 compatible display/video drivers.if your system doesn't have a compatible driver,you have no choice but to stick with a lesser Windows version

Good one
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by xeexo(m): 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Its a good OS, just that you have to change lot of stuff in settings b'cos microsoft made all their apps to be the default for whatever you wish to do.... Then you've got to change some stuff in your WiFi and bluetooth settings too....

Installed it on a Lenovo 2015 model that came with a default Windows 8.1, its the 8.1 license that i used to upgrade mine. Free till July 29th..

Its worth 3.3gb of data...and before it starts downloading, it'll check if your laptop is compatible with it.. Bear in mind that it'll also replace some of your apps with its own upgraded version....
Make hay while the sun shines smiley

Bluetooth not working on mine...using HP note book cry
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Baylam(m): 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2016
Using macbook but got a window 8.1 installed on it, how can I upgrade to window10?
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Eleniyan15: 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
on my HP pavilion Dv7

I was using 10 mehn my lappy slow ehn I can't even open music files without hanging until I change to windows 8:1 bfor e head correct back

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Alfred234(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
upgraded mine early this year to Windows 10 pro... its worth about 3.7gb data. its a cool Os dunno why some people just like Windows 7 sha
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by kevoh(m): 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
martineverest:
u don't need anti virus on Windows 10
You sure do. Maybe not now but it will only take a few days before hackers and the Anti-virus companies start coding new virus and malware programmes once they get a hang of the Windows 10 OS.
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by yungdizzy: 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
Y'all experiencing slow gaming and brightness issues, update your drivers and you wont have a problem.. ove been using win 10 for almost 3 months or so.. only brightness issue js what i face

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by wristbangle: 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
ITBOMB, how long will it take to download it and can I use modem to perform the operation?
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
upgrading to win 10 might cause some malfunction depending on ur laptop. Its best to review the performance of win10 on ur specific laptop model online b4 spending 3gig plus data and abt 1hr plus downloading and installing win10 on ur system.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by serah88: 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
I'm kinda lost here. You meant i would 3.5gb before i can upgrade to windows 10 OS?
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by serah88: 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
I'm kinda lost here. You meant i would need 3.5gb of data before i can upgrade to windows 10 OS?
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2016
abzeemao:
please what settings did u change in your wifi. being having problem connecting to wifi hotspot after the upgrade. thanks

First go to Settings > Network and Internet > WiFi > Change advanced sharing options > Guest or Public > Turn on network discovery. Go to Private > Turn on network discovery > Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices. > Save changes.

When you put your WiFi on, and you dont see anything, go back to the WiFi in settings, it'll show there and you connect... Finite
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by MisterGrace: 10:50pm On Jul 26, 2016
wristbangle:
Thanks for the info OP
2GB RAM... Pls don't crash you system.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by GJames(m): 10:50pm On Jul 26, 2016
AmuEwu:

I once upgraded to windows 10, but I had to revert that same day because all of a sudden my PC realized it cannot play the games I have.
Please do you know what might have caused it
It happened to me too. You will have to change the game compatibility to that of windows 10. It is very easy
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by 8BitGee(m): 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
serah88:
I'm kinda lost here. You meant i would need 3.5gb of data before i can upgrade to windows 10 OS?

Yes, you need to download the windows 10 OS which will be used to overwrite your present OS. It's a bit more than 3.5GB though.
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by MisterGrace: 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
gingger:

Cos it came with windows defender.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by abzeemao(m): 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
changed nothing.. i guess it messed up with something else on my wifi

GloryIsaac:

First go to Settings > Network and Internet > WiFi > Change advanced sharing options > Guest or Public > Turn on network discovery. Go to Private > Turn on network discovery > Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices. > Save changes.

When you put your WiFi on, and you dont see anything, go back to the WiFi in settings, it'll show there and you connect... Finite
smiley

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
serah88:

Unfortunately Yes, better now than to pay almost 30K after July 29th smiley
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by MisterGrace: 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
serah88:

I will suggest you use wifi.
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
wristbangle:
ITBOMB, how long will it take to download it and can I use modem to perform the operation?

Depends on how fast your net is.... after that an extra 30-45 mins i think

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by GJames(m): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
lilbabyak:
I've tried it severally on my HP pavilion running 8.1 but it doesn't upgrade and I don't know why
I am sure you attempted the upgrade using the windows 10 upgrade that appears on your task bar/control panel. That one doesn't work. Download the windows 10 app advisor from their website, install it and it will do the rest for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by oboy3(m): 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
I have been getting notifications since last month and i keep ignoring them

From Most comments on this thread,it shows the windows 10 Os is not worth it,what can i do without my Winning eleven and my dear Gta,,abeg lemme keep managing my windows 8.1

To avoid stories that touch

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by martineverest(m): 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
gingger:

windows 10 has in-built anti-virus
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
abzeemao:
changed nothing.. i guess it messed up with something else on my wifi

Then update your WiFi drivers
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
xeexo:

Bluetooth not working on mine...using HP note book cry

Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth > Put it on > Then Send or Recieve files ...... To recieve, you have to first search on your phone for the laptop name ( not the normal connect automatically stuff ) ....

If that doesn't work, then update the bluetooth drivers smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Latest Free Browsing Trick Using Airtel With This Edited Simple Server Config / USA Grade One Laptops.amazing Deals, Rush In!!! / How To Create A Short Name For Your Facebook Profile, Group, Fans Page Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.