Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,232 members, 7,849,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:42 AM

The New Gorilla Glass 5 Will Survive Hard Smartphone Drops - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Gorilla Glass 5 Will Survive Hard Smartphone Drops (826 Views)

The New Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Will Make It’s Debut On Oppo’s New Flagship. / Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. / 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Gorilla Glass 5 Will Survive Hard Smartphone Drops by ICTTRENDS: 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
Corning, the manufacturer of the glass on your smartphones has unveiled its latest version of Gorilla Glass. Tagged Gorilla Glass 5, the new glass was formulated to improve drop performance from gadgets that are dropped onto rough surfaces from certain heights — specifically, waist height to shoulder height.

The new glass is the successor to Corning Gorilla Glass 4, which was introduced in 2014. Gorilla Glass 4 was said to be twice as tough as the previous version of its glass and twice as likely to survive drops onto uneven surfaces — but only from about a meter high.

http://www.digitalclique.com.ng/new-gorilla-glass-5-will-survive-hard-smartphone-drops/
Re: The New Gorilla Glass 5 Will Survive Hard Smartphone Drops by easrael(f): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
The issue with these terms is that the normal person does not understand it

For example, I do not understand this; all I understand is that my phone has fallen twice but did not break, only God knows how

1 Like

Re: The New Gorilla Glass 5 Will Survive Hard Smartphone Drops by oluwadaemilola: 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
na gorilla grass noni
easrael:
The issue with these terms is that the normal person does not understand it

For example, I do not understand this; all I understand is that my phone has fallen twice but did not break, only God knows how
Re: The New Gorilla Glass 5 Will Survive Hard Smartphone Drops by TrollinStone: 2:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nawa. Is it still the same glass we used to know? Very soon phone screens will be like bulletproof for cars
Re: The New Gorilla Glass 5 Will Survive Hard Smartphone Drops by teelaweee(m): 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
Nice very good
Re: The New Gorilla Glass 5 Will Survive Hard Smartphone Drops by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
Bullshit. It'll still fall. It'll still break. There are so many factors involved in the fall of a phone that Gorilla Glass can never account for. You're better off adding a tempered glass and a case to the equation.

(1) (Reply)

Help I Ñeed A A Good Phone Btw 30k-35k / You Can Now Contanct MTN On Any Of These 5 Numbers On Whatsapp For Instant Reply / SOLD Iphone 6 For Sale 64gig SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.