Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

SCAM ALERT!!! How A Friend Was Scammed At Ikeja Computer Village - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / SCAM ALERT!!! How A Friend Was Scammed At Ikeja Computer Village (1075 Views)

From Side Hustle To Store Owner In Computer Village / Scam Alert!!! / Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SCAM ALERT!!! How A Friend Was Scammed At Ikeja Computer Village by emmy4lov(m): 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
[center][/center]

[size=14]A friend reported to me, how he was scammed at Ikeja computer village Lagos of ₦28, 000, and I have decided to share it with you guys as an eye opener. Please be careful when you go to buy thins there. Some guys in computer village now scam people in the name of helping you source for what you want to buy.

I narrate his story:
[/size]
[size=13]
I visited computer village with the intention to purchase a Samsung S5. As I approach the market, a guy approached me and asked me what I wanted to buy, but I ignored him as I made my way in to the market, many others kept on asking "Bros, you wan repair phone, laptop , swap. Check my shop ".

Entering the market, I searched from shop to shop for S5, but I was shocked with the prices of phones because the prices they were telling me was far higher to what I'd budgeted for initially. I was disappointed. I'm a Samsung fan, and what I wanted was a fairly used galaxy S5 which was about 50k and I was with 30k. With the situation, I had to settle for something lesser, so I began searching for galaxy S4, but I couldn't get what I wanted at my price.

Just before I was about give up the search and go home because it was getting late already, a young guy walked up to me, he asked me what I wanted to buy, with the level of frustration on my face I explained to him, he asked me how much I had and I said 28k, he assured me he’ll get it for me that I should be patient, I was like "Really!" he said sure! I was happy and a-life again and I followed him to his shop, to see what he had.

As we approached one of the shop's which I thought was the shop he was talking about He asked me to wait while he go and bring the phone. I told him, I will not buy a phone without receipt and insisted that we should go to the shop together. But he insisted that I should wait. So I did wait, I wanted to see what he was up to.

After a while he came back with another guy, which he claims was sent by the shop owner to collect the money and issue me a receipt. I collected the phone to inspect it if it was original, after thoroughly checking the phone, I discovered it was original and decided to proceed with the purchase, I told him I wasn’t holding Cash and that I will quickly rush to the ATM and make withdrawal. I pleaded with them to be patient with me, and they suggested that they will go with me to hasting the process, one said ATMs around there were crowded and that we should go to one which he recommended as not having much crowd. so we went there together.

I did not know that the whole process was a setup and I was about to become a victim. It took us about 10 mins to arrived at the ATM point and just as they had said it was empty, I was surprised, I felt probably the ATM machine wasn’t dispensing, but I slotted in my ATM card and withdrew 28k, and I handed the money over and he gave me the phone.

I was about leaving Immediately a man approached us and said " so na here una come dey buy and sell stolen phone abi ? " , before I could explain or return the phone, the man slapped me and began accusing me of buying stolen phone, immediately handed the phone back to the guy and he handed my money back to me, I collected the money and left the place, the other guys left also.

I was confused and began Thanking God that I wasn’t s a Victim of their stolen phone thing, But just the I was about to face the biggest shock of my life, I did not confirm the money I had collected, I had the money in my pocket as I walked back to the bus park.

I got to the bus stop, boarded a bus home and as I reached for cash in my pocket to pay for the fare, what came out was a paper note. I was shocked and pretended as if nothing happened. Thank God I had money in my wallet, I quickly reached for it and paid. Then did I discover that they had exchanged my money for neatly arranged paper notes.
It was a treble experience that I will always remember. It’s been months now and I still feel the pain like it just happened.
[/size]

[size=14]
If you have read this story to this point, you should have leant one or two lessons, it can happen to anybody so no rash comments, I decided to share this story today so that everyone can be careful and not fall Victim like he did. These guys have a thousand tricks they could play on anybody, sometimes they will just start up an argument, coral or fight amongst themselves just to cause distraction or gain your attention and you the victim innocently will try to settle them, and before you know it they’ve robbed you of your valuable. Be careful!

Please comment and share...

[/size]

visit the link to drop your comments http://naijatechclub.com.ng/SCAM-ALERT--How-A-Friend-Was-Scammed-At-Ikeja-Computer-Village/153#334

(1) (Reply)

Who Has A Modem For Sale? / Cloud Computing: How Your Personal Computer Will Become A Terminal / US Used Laptops Working Perfectly At Cheaper Rates (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.