Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" (3111 Views)

The Unrevealed Truth Of The Antichrist / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed / ☆☆☆Lets Read This Book. The People Vs Mohammed☆☆☆ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by babajeje123(m): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
I was wondering about what I could productively use my one month leave for. I decided to read some books but found none captivating until I stumbled on the book The People vs Muhammad. All along, everything I knew about Islam was what I heard people saying about it – friends (online & offline, wife (formerly a Muslim) and others. However, this book is encouraging me to do personal research about Islam through the Quran and Hadith Sahih Bukhari.
One thing I don’t like about the Author is the hatred and bitterness displayed on the pages of the book. Some verses he referred to were not only misquoted but wrongly misrepresented while some are true. This notwithstanding, I decided to read with an open mind so as to know nothing but the TRUTH. I need responsible Muslims to help, not subjectively but objectively, bring to the bare some passages of the Quran that beg for clarification.
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by babajeje123(m): 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2016
FALLACY 1: CHARITY IS TO BE GIVEN EXPLICITLY TO MUSLIMS ALONE (page 33, last paragraph).
This cannot be true because given to charity is one of the acts of Islam. Their worship is not complete without it. The author failed to support his claim from Quran or Hadith where either Muhammad or Allah instructed them to give only to Muslims.

FALLACY 2: “You (Muslims) are the best of peoples”, “(the unbelievers) are the worst of all creatures (page 34, Paragraph 2).
He quoted Quran 3:110 to support the line. However, reading from verse 105 of the passage will give you an insight into what the Quran is saying. The Narrator there talked about some Day (judgment day, I guess) when some people’s face would be lit with white and some would be gloom with black as a result of their deeds. So, verse 110 categorises those who do good and shun evil as the best people on the earth. Doing good is not limited to Muslims or Christians alone. Unbelievers do too.

FALLACY 3: The author quoted a wrong verse (Quran 5:32) for “If anyone (Muslim) slew another, it would be as if he slew the world entire. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as he saved the world entire”. (Page 33, Paragraph 4).
The actual verse is 35 “On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person--unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land- -it would be as if he slew the whole people: And if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people”. The author claims that Muslims use this verse to exonerate themselves from killings attributed to the religion. He goes further to say the verse is directly instructing Muslims not to kill Muslims. The verse never mentioned 'Muslim' and was never directly to them. The verse says "...if anyone..." which is a broad and an all encompassing pronoun.
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by babajeje123(m): 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
I tried to read down the subsequent verses and what I read gave me goose pimples. Verse 36 of Quran 3 states the punishment for those who wage war against Allah and His Apostle (Muhammad?) and Mischiefs as “Execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: That is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter”. (Mischief: bad behaviour: especially by Children, that causes trouble or damage, but no serious harm)
My Questions to responsible Muslim faithfuls
1. I believe the Allah here is God. If so, kindly enlighten me on how some man can fight against God? At what point(s) are Muslims/Believers expected to defend God and His Apostle?
2. What kind of fight against God and His Apostle would warrant this punishment?
I’ll be biased if I fail to recognise the fact that there is mercy for those who repent, verse 37. Over to you people.

1 Like

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
bro, can you please send this book to me.
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by babajeje123(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
SirWere:
bro, can you please send this book to me.
Your e-mail?
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
babajeje123:
Your e-mail?
sirluwexi@gmail.com

Will be expecting brother.
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by babajeje123(m): 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
SirWere:
sirluwexi@gmail.com

Will be expecting brother.
sent
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
babajeje123:
sent
Thanks brother.
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by moyes5757(m): 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
Please send me the book too.....fajobimoyosore@gmail.com
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by truthman2012(m): 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
Pls send me.the book:

wuyiade2009@gmail.com
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by babajeje123(m): 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
truthman2012:
Pls send me.the book:

wuyiade2009@gmail.com
sent

1 Like

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by babajeje123(m): 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
moyes5757:
Please send me the book too.....fajobimoyosore@gmail.com
Sent
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by truthman2012(m): 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2016
babajeje123:

sent

Thanks.
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by Amberon11: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
Been reading the book since last week and all I can see is perfection. The author did a very good exposing Islam for what it truly is.

2 Likes

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by dongilly(m): 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
Sir, Please I'll be needing a copy of the book too. Thanks in anticipation! Email: utajisimon@gmail.com
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by smogup: 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
babajeje123:

Sent
help me with a copy smoguptontop@gmail.com
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by kuss: 12:01am On Jul 22, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by Faremisodeeq(m): 12:21am On Jul 22, 2016
Abeg send to my mail also faremisodeeq@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by babajeje123(m): 7:13am On Jul 22, 2016
Amberon11:
Been reading the book since last week and all I can see is perfection. The author did a very good exposing Islam for what it truly is.
Probably you didn't read his references. Let's read the book with an open mind

1 Like

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by udatso: 7:49am On Jul 22, 2016
babajeje123
The 'land' signifies either the country or territory wherein the responsibility of establishing law and order has been undertaken by an Islamic state. The expression 'to wage war against Allah and His Messenger' denotes war against the righteous order established by the Islamic state.

It is God's purpose, and it is for this very purpose that God sent His Messengers, that a righteous order of life be established on earth; an order that would provide peace and security to everything found on earth; an order under whose benign shadow humanity would be able to attain its perfection; an order under which the resources of the earth would be exploited in a manner conducive to man's progress and prosperity rather than to his ruin and destruction.

If anyone tried to disrupt such an order, whether on a limited scale by committing murder and destruction and robbery and brigandry or on a large scale by attempting to overthrow that order and establish some unrighteous order instead, he would in fact be guilty of waging war against God and His Messenger.

All this is not unlike the situation where someone tries to overthrow the established government in a country. Such a person will be convicted of 'waging war against the state' even though his actual action may have been directed against an ordinary policeman in some remote part of the country, and irrespective of how remote the sovereign himself is from him.

1 Like

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by udatso: 7:53am On Jul 22, 2016
babajeje123
These penalties are mentioned here in brief merely to serve as guidelines to either judges or rulers so they may punish each criminal in accordance with the nature of his crime. The real purpose is to indicate that for any of those who live in the Islamic realm to attempt to overthrow the Islamic order is the worst kind of crime, for which any of the highly severe punishments may be imposed.

Looking at verse 34 we realise that

If they give up subversion and abandon their endeavour to disrupt or overthrow the righteous order, and their subsequent conduct shows that they have indeed become peace-loving, law-abiding citizens of good character, they need not be subjected to the punishments mentioned here even if any of their former crimes against the state should come to light. If their crime involves violation of the rights of other men they may not be absolved from their guilt. If, for instance, they have either killed a person, seized someone's property or committed any other crime against human life or property they will be tried according to the criminal law of Islam. They will not, however, be accused of either rebellion and high treason or of waging war against God and His Messenger.

I hope your questions have been answered?
http://www.islamicstudies.info/tafheem.php?sura=5&verse=33&to=34

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by parisbookaddict(f): 8:03am On Jul 22, 2016
Heres a free copy courtesy of Ok.d1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9gmm70nxqve60h/The_People_vs_Muhammad__Psychological_Analysis_nodrm.pdf?dl=0

If you want a hard copy or kindle version as well as support the author purchase here

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZE45LUG?pc_redir=T1

The book is a bit biased but the vast majority of the facts stated are true. I guess the author is so passionate because his ancestors have been on the receiving end of violence from mohammeds Jihadists.

Eg he speculates Mohammed was molested as a child and may have contracted syphilis which wrecked his brain.. there is no evidence to suggest mohammed was molested but he did show signs of mental problem. He also must have had stds judging by the vast number of sexual partners he had.. the author speculates a lot which is the nature of the book .. however its an excellent book to see the vast number of crimes commited by mohammed striaght from the hadith and quran..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by analice107: 8:07am On Jul 22, 2016
babajeje123:
I was wondering about what I could productively use my one month leave for. I decided to read some books but found none captivating until I stumbled on the book The People vs Muhammad. All along, everything I knew about Islam was what I heard people saying about it – friends (online & offline, wife (formerly a Muslim) and others. However, this book is encouraging me to do personal research about Islam through the Quran and Hadith Sahih Bukhari.
One thing I don’t like about the Author is the hatred and bitterness displayed on the pages of the book. Some verses he referred to were not only misquoted but wrongly misrepresented while some are true. This notwithstanding, I decided to read with an open mind so as to know nothing but the TRUTH. I need responsible Muslims to help, not subjectively but objectively, bring to the bare some passages of the Quran that beg for clarification.
Pls Oga. Pls throw out here the hatred expressed by the author here so that we can discuss it. It's not enough to say what you have said. The man quoted from their books and you said he hates them.
Okay, do you know the man threw the door open for guys like you to debunk him? Debunk him, using the Islamic Scriptures let's see how well you'll do. Nobody here wrote the book. The author has a website, go there, challenge him, mention us there, we will come as spectators. Don't call Muslims who are hinged by Al Tiggya to come here and lie.
Do you know the thread that was about that book here has been stolen by them into the Muslim section? You guys are so insecure? If Your religion is rock solid, why all the fear then?
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by analice107: 8:09am On Jul 22, 2016
babajeje123:
FALLACY 1: CHARITY IS TO BE GIVEN EXPLICITLY TO MUSLIMS ALONE (page 33, last paragraph).
This cannot be true because given to charity is one of the acts of Islam. Their worship is not complete without it. The author failed to support his claim from Quran or Hadith where either Muhammad or Allah instructed them to give only to Muslims.

FALLACY 2: “You (Muslims) are the best of peoples”, “(the unbelievers) are the worst of all creatures (page 34, Paragraph 2).
He quoted Quran 3:110 to support the line. However, reading from verse 105 of the passage will give you an insight into what the Quran is saying. The Narrator there talked about some Day (judgment day, I guess) when some people’s face would be lit with white and some would be gloom with black as a result of their deeds. So, verse 110 categorises those who do good and shun evil as the best people on the earth. Doing good is not limited to Muslims or Christians alone. Unbelievers do too.

FALLACY 3: The author quoted a wrong verse (Quran 5:32) for “If anyone (Muslim) slew another, it would be as if he slew the world entire. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as he saved the world entire”. (Page 33, Paragraph 4).
The actual verse is 35 “On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person--unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land- -it would be as if he slew the whole people: And if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people”. The author claims that Muslims use this verse to exonerate themselves from killings attributed to the religion. He goes further to say the verse is directly instructing Muslims not to kill Muslims. The verse never mentioned 'Muslim' and was never directly to them. The verse says "...if anyone..." which is a broad and an all encompassing pronoun.
Take these FALLACIES to his website.
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by analice107: 8:17am On Jul 22, 2016
truthman2012:
Pls send me.the book:

wuyiade2009@gmail.com
I tried sending the book to you here by posting it here, it's locked. I tried and tried, for where? They won't allow. Seun dey try well to protect Islam. Why are they so afraid?
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by analice107: 8:21am On Jul 22, 2016
Amberon11:
My brother, those who complain are those who willingly don't want to see
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by analice107: 8:24am On Jul 22, 2016
babajeje123:

Pls sir. What is an open mind in this context?
Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by Amberon11: 8:28am On Jul 22, 2016
apparently you're closed minded.
babajeje123:

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by analice107: 8:30am On Jul 22, 2016
udatso:
babajeje123
The 'land' signifies either the country or territory wherein the responsibility of establishing law and order has been undertaken by an Islamic state. The expression 'to wage war against Allah and His Messenger' denotes war against the righteous order established by the Islamic state.

It is God's purpose, and it is for this very purpose that God sent His Messengers, that a righteous order of life be established on earth; an order that would provide peace and security to everything found on earth; an order under whose benign shadow humanity would be able to attain its perfection; an order under which the resources of the earth would be exploited in a manner conducive to man's progress and prosperity rather than to his ruin and destruction.

If anyone tried to disrupt such an order, whether on a limited scale by committing murder and destruction and robbery and brigandry or on a large scale by attempting to overthrow that order and establish some unrighteous order instead, he would in fact be guilty of waging war against God and His Messenger.

All this is not unlike the situation where someone tries to overthrow the established government in a country. Such a person will be convicted of 'waging war against the state' even though his actual action may have been directed against an ordinary policeman in some remote part of the country, and irrespective of how remote the sovereign himself is from him.
You mean like, migrating to UK like sheep, they allow you comfort, when you would have eaten and drank you rise up to establish sharia law there, when they resist, you kill them? Allah is a thief.

2 Likes

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by babajeje123(m): 8:49am On Jul 22, 2016
parisbookaddict:
Heres a free copy courtesy of Ok.d1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9gmm70nxqve60h/The_People_vs_Muhammad__Psychological_Analysis_nodrm.pdf?dl=0

If you want a hard copy or kindle version as well as support the author purchase here

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZE45LUG?pc_redir=T1

The book is a bit biased but the vast majority of the facts stated are true. I guess the author is so passionate because his ancestors have been on the receiving end of violence from mohammeds Jihadists.

Eg he speculates Mohammed was molested as a child and may have contracted syphilis which wrecked his brain.. there is no evidence to suggest mohammed was molested but he did show signs of mental problem. He also must have had stds judging by the vast number of sexual partners he had.. the author speculates a lot which is the nature of the book .. however its an excellent book to see the vast number of crimes commited by mohammed striaght from the hadith and quran..
This is how to learn. Reading with an open mind in order to learn something new. He made some speculations which can't be confirmed either in Quran or hadith. Yes, there are alot of eye opening truths too.

2 Likes

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by babajeje123(m): 8:58am On Jul 22, 2016
analice107:

Pls Oga. Pls throw out here the hatred expressed by the author here so that we can discuss it. It's not enough to say what you have said. The man quoted from their books and you said he hates them.
Okay, do you know the man threw the door open for guys like you to debunk him? Debunk him, using the Islamic Scriptures let's see how well you'll do. Nobody here wrote the book. The author has a website, go there, challenge him, mention us there, we will come as spectators. Don't call Muslims who are hinged by Al Tiggya to come here and lie.
Do you know the thread that was about that book here has been stolen by them into the Muslim section? You guys are so insecure? If Your religion is rock solid, why all the fear then?
Why are you bitter like this? FYI, I'm a Christian, a practising one by His grace. I created this thread so I can know more about Islam & also for the purpose of evangelism. We can't we a soul if we continue to be bitter & think we are the best. We are what we are by His grace. So, learn patience & gentleness in the face of opposition. With this, you will be able to know & take advantage of your opponent.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" by babajeje123(m): 9:01am On Jul 22, 2016
Amberon11:
apparently you're closed minded.
Where did you learn this hostility? You are not better bro.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Atheism Make The World A Better Place? (1) / Atheist Memes / Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.