Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland (3445 Views)

Inside Transsion’s (Mother Company Of Tecno/Infinix) Headquarter In Shanghai. / Launching Of Tecno Camon Cx & Cx Air (Live Updates) / TECNO Releases Video Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by gentlegenius(m): 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
We normally see threads on Nairaland phone section where some confused folks will ask us to suggest a good phone with a specified price range for them to buy. Most of their prices range always falls within 15 - 20k, 20 - 30k, and 30 - 40k. I'm yet to see someone asking us to suggest a phone of 70 - 90k.
So, no reasonable person will suggest a Samsung Galaxy or i phone to a person who is looking for a 15 - 25k phone. It's therefore normal for people to suggest brands like Tecno, Infinix, Gionee etc to those looking for good, cheap phones. But it baffles me so much to see those who suggest TECNO being called TECNO marketers while those who mentions other brands will be spared.
Tecno may have marketers just like other companies but I don't think they depend on marketers to be where they are today(having the largest customer base in Nigeria and Africa). I think they achieved this feat by carefully studying the Nigerian and African situation, then producing phones that meet the needs of an average Nigerian/African.
So what brought this 'Tecno marketers' madness to Nairaland? I think it's really the haters of TECNO, who had the misconception that TECNO is succeeding because of marketing, therefore, they don't want anyone to mention TECNO for fear of increasing their popularity.
After taking time to observe these people, I finally came up with the list of TECNO haters and here they are...
CitizenFour
Seunlayi
Babalegba
Martineverest
Leobreezy
SirLewis
museveni
Shittaakeem
Kossyablaze
amichaelz101
xxxtedyxxx
PUSH1
neweraomo
Youngzedd
donbenie
Thespecialone
obaobirin
redcliff
WeNoGoDie
Sweetpie
iceberylin
And many others too numerous to mention.
Pls if any of these people had ever called you a Tecno marketer, or will soon call you in due course, don't blame them at all... They are doing their job as wailing wailers. It's because TECNO is becoming more popular than they expect and they are not comfortable with that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by khalhokage(m): 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
Oga, i've not noticed any bashing of people who make suggestions on those kind of threads, just admit that the amount of Tecno shilling on Nairaland has become very obnoxious.

Personally I like some Tecno devices, and I plan on buy one soon but when I see these people create threads and act like Tecno phones are the 2nd coming up to the point of comparing them with unarguably better devices like iPhone and top Samsung Galaxy phones, it just annoys me to no end.

Tecno devices are what they are, they're good devices that are worth their price but nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by phykiesexy: 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
Tecno is a budget friendly phone. I personally had a bad experience wid Tecno. I bought their tab. D charging port got bad time to repair it took one thing or another. Den d battery started malfunctioning too. I couldn't charge it and no matter how u charge it after sometime it wld go off. I wouldn't recommend tecno to anyone cus I don't want dem to have d same experience. D guy I later sold it too was regretting cus I told him d lapses of d tab. He was like he would take it to Lagos to repair. He did take it their but after a week d tab didn't come on again. That was d end. I have a Samsung phone I bought at d same time n till date I haven't repaired anything. D samsung is 2yrs plus. It still works as if I bought it yesterday. So some bashers am sure had a bad experience that's y.
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by gentlegenius(m): 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
phykiesexy:
Tecno is a budget friendly phone. I personally had a bad experience wid Tecno. I bought their tab. D charging port got bad time to repair it took one thing or another. Den d battery started malfunctioning too. I couldn't charge it and no matter how u charge it after sometime it wld go off. I wouldn't recommend tecno to anyone cus I don't want dem to have d same experience. D guy I later sold it too was regretting cus I told him d lapses of d tab. He was like he would take it to Lagos to repair. He did take it their but after a week d tab didn't come on again. That was d end. I have a Samsung phone I bought at d same time n till date I haven't repaired anything. D samsung is 2yrs plus. It still works as if I bought it yesterday. So some bashers am sure had a bad experience that's y.
There's no perfect phone brand on earth, so almost every brand had some products that are below par. If you had one tecno tab that malfunction, that doesn't mean TECNO don't have good phones. A friend of mine bought a Samsung Galaxy of 45k around October last year and by January this year, he couldn't use it again because it had so many issues. That notwithstanding, I can still recommend a Samsung phone to any one who has enough cash for it. I used to dislike Tecno because of the previous perceptions that their products are always inferior, right now, their latest products amazed me and anyone who use any of their latest products cannot have the same experience you had. This monumental improvement is what makes them popular today.
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by SirLewis(m): 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
You're absolutely right. I despise tecno so much that I bought and currently use a tecno boom j7 undecided . Anyone who spends time on this thread doesn't even need to be told that there are tecno marketers here. So Oga quit trying to make excuses for you and your colleagues you're making it worse. It's unfortunate that you guys don't realise that the more you try to use false advertising to market your devices, the more people will notice and eventually get disinterested in your products cuz they can't get honest user reviews and experiences anymore to actually convince them to buy your phones. You guys should review your marketing strategy. You think you're putting your products out there but you're actually killing your brand's reputation online by painting it as overly desperate and ready to use any form of machination to get customers. That's my honest advice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by gentlegenius(m): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
SirLewis:
You're absolutely right. I despise tecno so much that I bought and currently use a tecno boom j7 undecided . Anyone who spends time on this thread doesn't even need to be told that there are tecno marketers here. So Oga quit trying to make excuses for you and your colleagues you're making it worse. It's unfortunate that you guys don't realise that the more you try to use false advertising to market your devices, the more people will notice and eventually get disinterested in your products cuz they can't get honest user reviews and experiences anymore to actually convince them to buy your phones. You guys should review your marketing strategy. You think you're putting your products out there but you're actually killing your brand's reputation online by painting it as overly desperate and ready to use any form of machination to get customers. That's my honest advice.
So you are using a Tecno phone? Then how did your name find its way to the above list? Sorry but here's one more question for you: Is it the Tecno marketers on Nairaland that persuade you to buy your boom j7?
Pls be honest and reasonable.
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by sorextee(m): 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
I've never opened any tecno thread, except those who have issues with their fones, seeking help. Heard tecno have stepped up their game, in making phones that capture the eyes.But none of their devices has ever wowed me. Never. If e like, make e get 5G LTE.. Phones start developing software probs, after some years of usage. And the way they treat our fellow Nigerians undecided undecided

It was later discovered that tecno and lenovo give the govt backdoor access. I'm waiting for all the TECNOcrats to come and counter this....
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by SirLewis(m): 11:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
gentlegenius:

So you are using a Tecno phone? Then how did your name find its way to the above list? Sorry but here's one more question for you: Is it the Tecno marketers on Nairaland that persuade you to buy your boom j7?
Pls be honest and reasonable.

I previously used a tecno p5 which, to be honest and reasonable, was a terrible laggy piece of crap. I wanted to go for the infinix hot 2 but I saw that i would be jumping from frying pan to fire, it had so much complaints from its users on the discussion thread over one OS issue or the other. I had the gionee p5w which newly got out at the time as another option, but your colleagues had derailed the discussion thread with unnecessary arguments about tecno phones so I couldn't get any insightful user review. My last option was the boom j7 which I settled for because I personally know 2 people who use it and had no complaints apart from its battery's performance and I read through the boom j7 discussion thread WITH REAL USERS who also had no complaints save for the battery's short life. It runs on a 2020mAh battery so I didn't expect it to be long lasting, plus I own a powerbank. And that's how I settled for the j7 which I surely wouldn't have gone for if all I had to assess were the hyped up comments from your colleagues.
As for how my name got to your list, Oga you're the one who created the topic, if you ask me, na who I go ask??
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by Leobreezy(m): 11:38am On Jul 22, 2016
Lol, please stop deceiving yourself. Who has time to hate on a brand that's not even recognized on Gsmarena. You guys keep comparing your devices with iPhones yet the only thing Apple knows about tecno is that it's a music genre. Honestly I'd be disappointed if all the tecno related topics that are all over nairaland weren't created by marketers bcuz in this Buhari era when people are huzzling to feed themselves only a jobless idle person will be spending hours on nairaland creating and hopping from one tecno related thread to the other. If your brand is as popular and successful as you claim then why ask marketers to create different accounts and give hyperbolic comments. Why not let your customers do the talking? Someone complained that 80% of the topics here are all Camon c9 related and yet there's no single discussion thread made by users. As sirlewis said you guys are destroying your brand's image because everyone on this thread is aware of the deceptive means you guys are using to advertise your phones. So in the actual sense, since you've done more damage yourselves to your brand's reputation, you guys are the actual tecno haters.

4 Likes

Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by gentlegenius(m): 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
Leobreezy:
Lol, please stop deceiving yourself. Who has time to hate on a brand that's not even recognized on Gsmarena. You guys keep comparing your devices with iPhones yet the only thing Apple knows about tecno is that it's a music genre. Honestly I'd be disappointed if all the tecno related topics that are all over nairaland weren't created by marketers bcuz in this Buhari era when people are huzzling to feed themselves only a jobless idle person will be spending hours on nairaland creating and hopping from one tecno related thread to the other. If your brand is as popular and successful as you claim then why ask marketers to create different accounts and give hyperbolic comments. Why not let your customers do the talking? Someone complained that 80% of the topics here are all Camon c9 related and yet there's no single discussion thread made by users. As sirlewis said you guys are destroying your brand's image because everyone on this thread is aware of the deceptive means you guys are using to advertise your phones. So in the actual sense, since you've done more damage yourselves to your brand's reputation, you guys are the actual tecno haters.
First of all, let me congratulate you for making the top 5 in the list.
You see, I agree with you that most of the threads in the phone section is about TECNO. But what were you expecting? Should people be talking about other brands like Infinix, Gionee, Injoo and co? Even those who praise other brands here, have you ever called them marketers? The fact that people praise TECNO more than others simply shows that TECNO has more fans than other brands in Nigeria. Don't you get it? It doesn't mean that all those praising them are their marketers There's difference between fans and marketers. If you visit a forum where people talk about football clubs, a lot of Nigerians/Africans will be praising Chelsea FC. Does that mean they are Chelsea marketers? I know a lot of Gionee fans here on Nairaland but I can't call them Gionee marketers. I think it's 'madness' for people to be shocked, frustrated or angry to see many fans talking about Tecno when they know too well that Tecno has taken over the Nigerian/African market. This wailing is uncalled for and it's the reason why I created this thread.
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by Leobreezy(m): 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
gentlegenius:

First of all, let me congratulate you for making the top 5 in the list.
You see, I agree with you that most of the threads in the phone section is about TECNO. But what were you expecting? Should people be talking about other brands like Infinix, Gionee, Injoo and co? Even those who praise other brands here, have you ever called them marketers? The fact that people praise TECNO more than others simply shows that TECNO has more fans than other brands in Nigeria. Don't you get it? It doesn't mean that all those praising them are their marketers There's difference between fans and marketers. If you visit a forum where people talk about football clubs, a lot of Nigerians/Africans will be praising Chelsea FC. Does that mean they are Chelsea marketers? I know a lot of Gionee fans here on Nairaland but I can't call them Gionee marketers. I think it's 'madness' for people to be shocked, frustrated or angry to see many fans talking about Tecno when they know too well that Tecno has taken over the Nigerian/African market. This wailing is uncalled for and it's the reason why I created this thread.
Okay sir, I haff here. Tecno "fans" who all registered on nairaland on the same day lol. You and your cronies shenanigans isn't fooling anyone except yourselves, so please continue. Say hi to your fellow tecno "fans" for me.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by annacheem: 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
hatters will always hate
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by gentlegenius(m): 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
annacheem:
hatters will always hate
Don't mind them... Their hatred cannot stop progress.
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by encryptjay(m): 6:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
Damn! Laughing here

Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by Dannybrainz: 9:27am On Jul 24, 2016
Hahaha.. Y would someone hate tecno
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by Dannybrainz: 9:28am On Jul 24, 2016
annacheem:
hatters will always hate
It's allowed..hate and criticism makes somtn popular from observation
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by Minesota1(f): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2016
In this life people must talk,good or bad..most ppl say these things because of experiences they have had with Tecno..i believe every brand has marketers and serz fans that would talk bout them for free..if they are living up to expectations..so i guess tecno is doing great hence why all the hate.
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by MizMyColi(f): 11:24am On Jul 26, 2016
Of course,

The expected monikers made the list.

I speak for myself when I say that I am a certified true Tecno Fan.

If anyone cannot fathom the reason I love their devices the same way I cannot fathom the reason that they love their football clubs (which does not offer them any value in the real sense of it), then that is their cup of Chinese tea.

Let those who are paid to hate - hate
Let those who are paid to market - market
Let those who enjoy being true fans - fan.

You see,
I have promoted Tecno on and off Nairaland.A close colleague bought the Camon C9 after I laid out the pros and very minimal (almost non existent cons) before her.

I received the device from slot and checked it on her behalf.

Why would I put my reputation on the line for a product I'm not sure of?

To all Tecno fans out there, please stay true to your passion. If one day, Tecno decides to recognize us by making us online brand ambassadors, good and fine, better sef!

You all know yourselves.
Whether you are a marketer or fan, please try to desist from puffery, most marketers in general are guilty of this, but such only kills the brand instead of endearing it to the public.

It was at the release of boom j8 that I became the fan that I am today, as such, I cannot really hold brief for previous devices.

I remain passionate about Tecno phones even if I'm using an iPhone at the moment (courtesy my husband) cos my Tecno and BB was stolen on the same day.

That said, I will get one when I am boxed up enough.
And I will hype and praise it on NL as I deem fit. If it hurts you so much, it's your cup of mandarin tea and there is nothing I can do to relieve you.grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by winnijaf(f): 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
This Reminds me of an Unwritten rule on NL Which states that to Every thread, There is always a Counter Thread. My Name was actually mentioned in that thread but i am not bothered at all. If you love and appreciate something, You gotta show it and posting here On NL One of the ways to show it.
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by gentlegenius(m): 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
MizMyColi:
Of course,

If anyone cannot fathom the reason I love their devices the same way I cannot fathom the reason that they love their football clubs (which does not offer them any value in the real sense of it), then that is their cup of Chinese tea.

You see,
I have promoted Tecno on and off Nairaland.A close colleague bought the Camon C9 after I laid out the pros and very minimal (almost non existent cons) before her.

To all Tecno fans out there, please stay true to your passion. If one day, Tecno decides to recognize us by making us online brand ambassadors, good and fine, better sef!

You all know yourselves.
Whether you are a marketer or fan, please try to desist from puffery, most marketers in general are guilty of this, but such only kills the brand instead of endearing it to the public.

It was at the release of boom j8 that I became the fan that I am today, as such, I cannot really hold brief for previous devices.

I remain passionate about Tecno phones even if I'm using an iPhone at the moment (courtesy my husband) cos my Tecno and BB was stolen on the same day.

And I will hype and praise it on NL as I deem fit. If it hurts you so much, it's your cup of mandarin tea and there is nothing I can do to relieve you.grin
Well said my dear... Thanks for driving home my most important points. How I wish these people will see things the way we see and stop this 'madness'.
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by Nelson21(m): 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
This thread smells like.....like... like TECNO MARKETERS.

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
when would you guys learn another marketing strategy.... we all know y'all are tecno marketers... you can create a million thread to counter it...the said thread presented lots of facts to show what you guys are.... so take several seats back
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by gentlegenius(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
adebayooye:
when would you guys learn another marketing strategy.... we all know y'all are tecno marketers... you can create a million thread to counter it...the said thread presented lots of facts to show what you guys are.... so take several seats back
As an infinix marketer that you are, I don't expect you to say anything less.
But note this: TECNO will continue to be your greatest nightmare because Nigerians will keep patronizing TECNO more than your infinix.
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by seunlayi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
Op, you no, serious sha, why my name for no 2? Pmb must hear
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by SycophanticGoat: 6:55am On Jul 27, 2016
MizMyColi:
Of course,

You see,

You all know yourselves.

I would have said that I hate tecno but because of Coli, I hold back my words... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by MizMyColi(f): 7:46am On Jul 27, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

I would have said that I hate tecno but because of Coli, I hold back my words... grin cheesy

Looool
That's the spirit Dear.

#TeamTecno
grin
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by DropShot: 1:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
MizMyColi:
Of course,

You see,

You all know yourselves.

Chai, you too get mouth. O lenu gan!

How the go dey go?

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by MizMyColi(f): 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:

Chai, you too get mouth. O lenu gan!

How the go dey go?

grin grin grin

cheesy

Dropshot!
Go dey go fine o o
grin grin grin grin
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by DropShot: 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
MizMyColi:

grin grin grin

cheesy

Dropshot!
Go dey go fine o o
grin grin grin grin
Pursue a career in Marketing if you're not already doing that.
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by MizMyColi(f): 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:

Pursue a career in Marketing if you're not already doing that.

cheesy
So they can accuse me of bagging a degree in Tecno Marketing abi? grin
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by Tenkobos(m): 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
MizMyColi:

cheesy
So they can accuse me of bagging a degree in Tecno Marketing abi? grin
Are you not?grin

LONGEST TIME:-(
Re: Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland by Emmaway(m): 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
gentlegenius:
We normally see threads on Nairaland phone section where some confused folks will ask us to suggest a good phone with a specified price range for them to buy. Most of their prices range always falls within 15 - 20k, 20 - 30k, and 30 - 40k. I'm yet to see someone asking us to suggest a phone of 70 - 90k.
So, no reasonable person will suggest a Samsung Galaxy or i phone to a person who is looking for a 15 - 25k phone. It's therefore normal for people to suggest brands like Tecno, Infinix, Gionee etc to those looking for good, cheap phones. But it baffles me so much to see those who suggest TECNO being called TECNO marketers while those who mentions other brands will be spared.
Tecno may have marketers just like other companies but I don't think they depend on marketers to be where they are today(having the largest customer base in Nigeria and Africa). I think they achieved this feat by carefully studying the Nigerian and African situation, then producing phones that meet the needs of an average Nigerian/African.
So what brought this 'Tecno marketers' madness to Nairaland? I think it's really the haters of TECNO, who had the misconception that TECNO is succeeding because of marketing, therefore, they don't want anyone to mention TECNO for fear of increasing their popularity.
After taking time to observe these people, I finally came up with the list of TECNO haters and here they are...
CitizenFour
Seunlayi
Babalegba
Martineverest
Leobreezy
SirLewis
museveni
Shittaakeem
Kossyablaze
amichaelz101
xxxtedyxxx
PUSH1
neweraomo
Youngzedd
donbenie
Thespecialone
obaobirin
redcliff
WeNoGoDie
Sweetpie
And many others too numerous to mention.
Pls if any of these people had ever called you a Tecno marketer, or will soon call you in due course, don't blame them at all... They are doing their job as wailing wailers. It's because TECNO is becoming more popular than they expect and they are not comfortable with that.
E don be... shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is Better, MI A3 Or Infinix S4? / MTN Excites Subscribers With Device Data Bonus (Screenshots) / Nigerian Fraudsters Have Repented

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.