Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,576 members, 7,843,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

An Act Of Kindness Featuring Yinka Lawanson And Uche Malife- True Life Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Act Of Kindness Featuring Yinka Lawanson And Uche Malife- True Life Story (559 Views)

Time To Call Out Osinbajo By Yinka Odumakin / Operation Python Dance Is An Act Of Terror - Chuks Nwachukwu, Legal Practitioner / Kindness Okpe, 22-Year-Old SSA To Obaseki, The Edo State Governor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Act Of Kindness Featuring Yinka Lawanson And Uche Malife- True Life Story by MasterJayJay: 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2016

Yinka's version of the story

My testimony pls read: Around this same month of July in 2012 I had a very bad accident on Eko bridge 2:30am on my way from one event heading to another. I was bleeding so bad from my noise I thought I was going to die and to further scare me the doors of my car refused to open due to the impact of the accident.

After fighting with the door for about 20mins I managed to pull myself out of the car. I started crawling away from the car cos I was afraid an oncoming vehicle might run into me. I tried to flag down passing cars for help but non stopped, at this point blood had covered the floor and I was beginning to feel dizzy, luckily I found my phone in my pocket so I struggled to take a picture of myself and sent it to my big sis Stella Damascus just incase I die at list someone will know what happened to me.

While I was reminiscing on my life journey and putting together my last thoughts a car drove pass me but I was too weak to flag the driver down, suddenly I saw the red light of the car far away but coming back towards me and it kept coming closer and finally a young man came out of it and said "Baba u no go die pls just keep talking to me" he asked me if I know any hospital I said no, so he stopped a taxi and told the driver to lead us to the nearest hospital.

We finally got to general hospital Lagos island and I was rushed into ICU and this Good Samaritan God sent to me brought out money to pay but the doctors said we save lives first before money. At this time Uche Malife had already sent a bbc with my phone so my friends can know what had happen to me.
While The doctors were getting work done on me I felt a hand holding mine and a thick voice saying "Yinka Lawanson u no fit die just relax" tears of joy ran down my eyes cos I knew it was Joseph Ameh voice talking, that joy of at list one friend is here, also Lydia Babatunde drove all the way that mid night to the hospital and I know she doesn't drive at night...lol..(thanks for the love).

Few minutes later my Good Samaritan friend came back and said I have just tooled ur car away from the Bridge into the premises of the hospital this was about 5am. It's like God sent an angel to me. Today am alive just for an act of kindness and I just want u all to know I LOVE U ALL SO MUCH. U remember I said I sent my pix to big sis thinking I was going to die? Sis almost ran gaga in the morning when she woke up to that picture but by then I was already taking treatment (sorry I sacred u sis ). Thank you Lord for saving me and thanks to everyone that have showed me unconditional Love all my life. 4d ladies and for my goons. That's Uche on the right side and that's me thinking I was taking my last picture but God said no it's just a bloody selfie. I LOVE U LORD. None of you reading this will die by accident or die young IJN.

Uche's version of the story
It was in the early hours of the 30th of June, 2012. I recall the date only because it was my birthday.

I had arranged to meet with a friend at midnight, at a Tuface Idibia concert taking place at Ikeja, from where we'd begin my birthday parade. I would later learn this was the same event Yinka Lawanson Lamboginny had been at.

At midnight, rather than head for Ikeja, I made stop at a neighborhood bar. Why? For some self introspection, as is customary at the start of one's new year.

The music at the bar was low, the lights dim, with less than a handful of patrons nursing their thoughts, and whatever brand of alcohol they favoured.

At my table, I chilled, a solitary figure, in the company of a warm bowl of pepper soup and a bottle of palm booze, counting my blessings, and ruminating on the road that lay ahead.

It was at this point that I received a phone call from my friend. Apparently the concert was jam-packed, there was 'no joy' to be had there, hence, "make we jam for VI".

That was how I set out for the Island, opting for the Eko bridge route, where the rest of the story has been more or less told by Lambo here -->
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10209525791043800&id=1297540106

Yes, the planned groove ended up at Eko hospital emergency ward, but Yinka did not mention that the next day, he and a host of his friends stormed my crib, and we had the birthday groove after all with tons of cake, booze and Fifa on PS3! That was the start of a valuable friendship.

Every now and then, Lambo would recall this incident and wax all lyrical in his dramatic way, about his Eko Bridge Testimony. Usually I smile and indulge him. But this is how I see it: Perhaps our paths were meant to cross at the Ikeja event. My peppersoup and palm booze jollyment scratched that. The unfortunate accident however, wasn't enough to prevent us meeting.
After all, not many folks can claim to have met their paddy on Eko Bridge at almost 3 a.m! We can.

May our friendship be long and true, and the causes we champion win.

P.s With this, I have exhausted my bromance quota for the year!

Re: An Act Of Kindness Featuring Yinka Lawanson And Uche Malife- True Life Story by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
bump

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Nigeria Custom Boss, Hamid Ali, Violates President Buhari’s Directive / How Ize-iyamu Looted Edo State - By Oshiomole. / INEC Declares Imo North Re-run Inconclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.