Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt (25908 Views)

How I Lost 120,000 Naira In 20days For Buying Blackberry Keyone / I Thought I Lost My Phone But This Man Returned It. (pic) / I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by iykenathan162(m): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
The person might be wining 6:0 , but my advice is ...forget about the phone, do a welcome bk and move on with yr life and business.
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
Guy u Don loss phone. No loss customers.
Go do welcome back and playsmart to keep d ball rolling.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by comeandmarry: 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
Medicine after death
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Brightgem(f): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
Choi! this is a matter that truly words cnt explain d pain, Somehow person go come dey pity some thiefs when they catch and are beating them up. The pain they cause, will just derail ur day o. As u hav been told, just do welcome back and get u customers
back too, move past ur loss find a way to compensate the Customer...
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Dandsome: 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
donvicky2007:
OP you have a good marketing skills.
I de Talk of my phone and contacts you de tell me marketing skills. Unless if you want me to market my product. See the link below

Came:
How much Tecno dem pay you for this advert? You try ooooo !!!!!
you too see the link below.

encryptjay:

Don't mind him. He thinks some people can't see through such petty schemes.
See marketing technique abeg and people dey fall for am grin
Ewwwww, OP try again.
The mod wey move this stuff go front page dull die
I usually read most of your posts, I never knew you could post something like this out of just your imagination without verification. See the link below and tell I prayer thee if that looks like a Tecno page. Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/RiettFood/?ref=bookmarks#
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Brightgem(f): 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
comeandmarry:
Medicine after death
what does this mean, and who does it help?
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by teejaypee: 9:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
Dandsome:

No oooooo... Her number don lost cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

go and do 'welcome back' for that number, before the woman thinks you wanna run with her money,

hope you saved your numbers to your gmail account?

Goodluck!
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Came: 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
How much Tecno dem pay you for this advert? You try ooooo !!!!!
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
Layooluwa:

happy birthdaysmiley. I have been looking for the 75yrs old woman doing her birthday todaycheesy

THANK U. SHOWER ME WITH GIFTS
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by comeandmarry: 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
Brightgem:
what does this mean, and who does it help?
Phone got moved and you advising abt wristband ishhh.

Niggi take Yur torchlight phone
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by sandalina(f): 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ah...OP sorry ooo
BTW,even If u are listening to music on ur phone,they are smart enough to pick the phone while you are still listening to the music...

Sorry OP

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by encryptjay(m): 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
donvicky2007:
Don't mind him. He thinks some people can't see through such petty schemes.
See marketing technique abeg and people dey fall for am grin
Ewwwww, OP try again.
The mod wey move this stuff go front page dull die
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by gretblue: 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
Op, I have the link to block your phone through IMeI.I just got home,I shall send you the link tomorrow.
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by bryan360: 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
op..pele ko..assuming its a samsung fone there's reactivation lock incase sm1 unauthorised wipes d fone..wen it boots up it will ask for d last samsung account email nd password used b4 d wipe..no email nd password notin for d thief..
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Arabs999: 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
Kaiiii.. This na original double wahala for dedi bodi and the owner of dedi bodi

..God go helepu u...
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by encryptjay(m): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
Dandsome:
I de Talk of my phone and contacts you de tell me marketing skills. Unless if you want me to market my product. See the link below

you too see the link below.

I usually read most of your posts, I never knew you could post something like this out of just your imagination without verification. See the link below and tell I prayer thee if that looks like a Tecno page. Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/RiettFood/?ref=bookmarks#
Good evening sire, I appreciate the fact you read some of my posts (kinda surprised though).
So I'll drop my few deducting
Firstly, you mentioned Tecno W4 and if you're active in the phone section, you'll know it was really advertised there so it triggered my suspicion.

Secondly, you talked about the Band and went further to give a description of it with functions which made it obvious.

Lastly, you admonished us to get a Tecno wrist band; you didn't suggest any other manufacturer.
So don't be disappointed by my post cos I just reasoned with a different mind.

That's by the way but if your story is true, sorry about that. I hope you are bestowed with a good phone soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Ghost447(m): 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ayoswit:
v
V for what?
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by hUmaneOne: 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
donvicky2007:

I thought only me noticed the tecno ish
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by obitex2: 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
Same happen to me last month read below

My phone was just stolen now (pickpocketers) in d bus,
was just a 10min drive to my bustop,*Cele to Coker Lagos*the fascinating tin was dat he was on suit,* corporate thieves*
d same person asked other passenger politely to adjust for me which i thanked him,
not knowning my pocket is his tarket, i didnt feel anything removing 4rm my pocket,
If not because of my printer i was carrying on my lap he wounldn't had achieved his goals,
just wen i droped i felt my pocket was light because d phone was somehow heavy Gionee m5,
waw dis guys has gone professionals,The first time this happened i caught d guy, i guess
i wasn't lucky today.guys b careful around lagos oo,
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
If it is true really sorry I can imagine how you feel but hope for the best you'll get another one and you might even enjoy it but imagine the bad karma that will follow the person that took it....

God will Restore times two
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by issylarry(m): 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
Dandsome:
As I write this, I am feeling very hurt about my experience. Not because I lost my phone, but because of the circumstances around it.

This is how it went.

I prepare nutritious pap powder and sell to families. So on this fateful day, Tuesday 19th July 2016 I was on my way to deliver my product to a customer via waybill to Abuja.
After all the hustle around people I settled somewhere to make a call before proceeding, only for me to find out to my greatest shock that my phone was missing.

Sharp sharp, I used my torchlight phone to dial the number. Lo and behold it was switched off. My head wan scatter. cry cry

In this kinda economy, I hustle money to buy Tecno W4 na him person go steal am?

That the phone was stolen wasn`t what got me mad. What weakened me was the fact that the details of the person I was to waybill the stuff to was inside the phone that just got stolen. Which kind problem be this one? cry

The woman don already pay money o… Why devil wan try himself? shocked

I didn`t know if I was to start cursing the thief or whatever. I felt defeated because I was not given a fair and level playing ground. The guy no pity me at all. Why didn`t he do the “pick-pocket” when I wasn`t carrying anything? Why did he have to wait until my both hands were full with load before he stole?. Just as there are rules of engagement in war, there should be rules of engagement in “Pick-pocket” .

Since economy is bad and no job, even the jobs people have are being lost, I hustle to put food on my table and not be a criminal na him person go steal my phone. If I was doing something bad when it was stolen I for no complain.

Another place I felt defeated was when I went to carlcare office Computer village ikeja to see if I can block the phone so that both of us won`t use the phone again but the lady there told me it can`t be done. Nairalanders, biko is there a way for a phone to be blocked when stolen or how a phone can be retrieved when you have the IMEI??

I also read sometimes online here, (though I was too occupied I didn’t pay attention) That Tecno has a wrist band (I don`t know the name) that can tell you when your phone is about to be stolen.
My phone runs on Android 6.0 and the wrist-band from what I read works on android 6.0. If I had the Tecno wrist band, it would have vibrated. And immediately it vibrated I would have known that something was wrong.

My Tecno W4 has an inbuilt battery. If I had known I would have used a lock code or lock pattern. That way if the thief was about leaving It would have vibrated and I would have called my number. Now since it has an inbuilt battery, the thief wouldn`t have been able to switch the phone off so immediately I dialed it would have rung.

Lessons you too can learn and what I should have done

1. Always lock your phone with a code or pattern
2. Always hold your phone when in a crowded place. No matter how deep your phone is, these pick pockets will find a way
3. Like my friend will suggest, use earpiece. He said that once you use earpiece, immediately your phone leaves your pocket, the thief will pull the earpiece which will draw your attention.
4. Once any suspicious person keeps following you, change direction.
5. Get a Tecno wrist Band

Suggestion
I`ll suggest Tecno and Carlcare should find a way to help people retrieve their phones when stolen. Or they should be able to block the phone when the rightful owner shows a proof. At least this will discourage pick-pocket in a way once they know they are holding a dead phone.

Guys please those who know phones very well, is there a cheap android phone one can get that runs on android 6.0? Any suggestion? Also how can I block my stolen phone?
Right now the thief is winning me like 3-0. I want to equalize or reduce it to 3-2 (football fans will understand) grin grin

Can someone please tell me more about it the Tecno wrist band for phones? Where can I get it? How much is it? And is it for only Tecno phones ?

Please I take God beg una. If you don`t know the answer abeg no derail my thread. Thank you.

Anybody close to Seun, lalasticlala, dragnet, puskin and honsule should please help me tell them to push this to front page so if the woman is a Nairalander, she will see this and know that I lost her number so she can dial my number. Her goods are already in keffi. I sent it to a friend so once I get her number, my friend can deliver to her. Keffi to Abuja is closer than Lagos to Abuja. Somebori help me oooo
Op Trace d fone with imei
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Mypeople2(m): 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
Dandsome:
As I write this, I am feeling very hurt about my experience. Not because I lost my phone, but because of the circumstances around it.

This is how it went.

I prepare nutritious pap powder and sell to families. So on this fateful day, Tuesday 19th July 2016 I was on my way to deliver my product to a customer via waybill to Abuja.
After all the hustle around people I settled somewhere to make a call before proceeding, only for me to find out to my greatest shock that my phone was missing.

Sharp sharp, I used my torchlight phone to dial the number. Lo and behold it was switched off. My head wan scatter. cry cry

In this kinda economy, I hustle money to buy Tecno W4 na him person go steal am?

That the phone was stolen wasn`t what got me mad. What weakened me was the fact that the details of the person I was to waybill the stuff to was inside the phone that just got stolen. Which kind problem be this one? cry

The woman don already pay money o… Why devil wan try himself? shocked

I didn`t know if I was to start cursing the thief or whatever. I felt defeated because I was not given a fair and level playing ground. The guy no pity me at all. Why didn`t he do the “pick-pocket” when I wasn`t carrying anything? Why did he have to wait until my both hands were full with load before he stole?. Just as there are rules of engagement in war, there should be rules of engagement in “Pick-pocket” .

Since economy is bad and no job, even the jobs people have are being lost, I hustle to put food on my table and not be a criminal na him person go steal my phone. If I was doing something bad when it was stolen I for no complain.

Another place I felt defeated was when I went to carlcare office Computer village ikeja to see if I can block the phone so that both of us won`t use the phone again but the lady there told me it can`t be done. Nairalanders, biko is there a way for a phone to be blocked when stolen or how a phone can be retrieved when you have the IMEI??

I also read sometimes online here, (though I was too occupied I didn’t pay attention) That Tecno has a wrist band (I don`t know the name) that can tell you when your phone is about to be stolen.
My phone runs on Android 6.0 and the wrist-band from what I read works on android 6.0. If I had the Tecno wrist band, it would have vibrated. And immediately it vibrated I would have known that something was wrong.

My Tecno W4 has an inbuilt battery. If I had known I would have used a lock code or lock pattern. That way if the thief was about leaving It would have vibrated and I would have called my number. Now since it has an inbuilt battery, the thief wouldn`t have been able to switch the phone off so immediately I dialed it would have rung.

Lessons you too can learn and what I should have done

1. Always lock your phone with a code or pattern
2. Always hold your phone when in a crowded place. No matter how deep your phone is, these pick pockets will find a way
3. Like my friend will suggest, use earpiece. He said that once you use earpiece, immediately your phone leaves your pocket, the thief will pull the earpiece which will draw your attention.
4. Once any suspicious person keeps following you, change direction.
5. Get a Tecno wrist Band

Suggestion
I`ll suggest Tecno and Carlcare should find a way to help people retrieve their phones when stolen. Or they should be able to block the phone when the rightful owner shows a proof. At least this will discourage pick-pocket in a way once they know they are holding a dead phone.

Guys please those who know phones very well, is there a cheap android phone one can get that runs on android 6.0? Any suggestion? Also how can I block my stolen phone?
Right now the thief is winning me like 3-0. I want to equalize or reduce it to 3-2 (football fans will understand) grin grin

Can someone please tell me more about it the Tecno wrist band for phones? Where can I get it? How much is it? And is it for only Tecno phones ?

Please I take God beg una. If you don`t know the answer abeg no derail my thread. Thank you.

Anybody close to Seun, lalasticlala, dragnet, puskin and honsule should please help me tell them to push this to front page so if the woman is a Nairalander, she will see this and know that I lost her number so she can dial my number. Her goods are already in keffi. I sent it to a friend so once I get her number, my friend can deliver to her. Keffi to Abuja is closer than Lagos to Abuja. Somebori help me oooo
My dear the the lessons learnt na story,some thieves don pass those especially number.1 and 2....but sorry about the phone
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by outflank: 11:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is 11.25pm. How many the guy don dey win you now?
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by athorello(m): 11:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
I feel your pains bro.... I lost my phone first ever this year in port, infinix hot note. Funny part was that I'd just switched off the location service so when I logged on to phone can't be found unless the last seen location, date and time it registered. It got more painful when I had to dole out 28k in this Buhari economy to get infinix hot 3 that turned out to be of wack performance. Anyway, management till Baba God of olowo gives more grace for a major upgrade.
I'm happy that with the current technologies and cloud services anything retrievable can be retrieved. I dey back up on infinix site and google like I no wan miss class.
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by abimic(m): 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
On two occasions, i almost lost my phone.
first at Agege, the pick pocket already did the picking, by forming familiarity not knowing he's got plans, just some seconds later I discovered my phone was gone and I was looking at the guy just ahead, na im I follow am, and he just handed over the phone to me, I would have raised alarm and probably slapped Him, but, I just let him go.
Secondly was on the Island, Was going on my way and the other person coming just brushed me intentionally with his shoulder and all he wanted to do was hug me, i was like, u want make disappear or lose my main thing or lose my phone... Na im I frown bone the guy go my way. All these pick pockets devise new means of dispossessing people of their belongings. It's high time we became watchful of their various tactics.
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Dandsome: 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
encryptjay:

Good evening sire, I appreciate the fact you read some of my posts (kinda surprised though).
So I'll drop my few deducting
Firstly, you mentioned Tecno W4 and if you're active in the phone section, you'll know it was really advertised there so it triggered my suspicion.

Secondly, you talked about the Band and went further to give a description of it with functions which made it obvious.

Lastly, you admonished us to get a Tecno wrist band; you didn't suggest any other manufacturer.
So don't be disappointed by my post cos I just reasoned with a different mind.

That's by the way but if your story is true, sorry about that. I hope you are bestowed with a good phone soon.

No skin pain bro. I've already agreed the guy won. I was stressing on the phone because of how people talk about it. I had to buy one. I carelessly read about the wrist band but didn't care much about it though. What is evening paining me is that the phone never reach two weeks wey I buy am!! Na only me waka come?? Wetin I do? Why didn't he steal my torchlight phone? cry

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Getintouch2004(m): 12:04am On Jul 22, 2016
Doctorbrains01:
Here in Germany, we don't have pick pockets

How this ur post take epp OP now?
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Princepoint(m): 12:04am On Jul 22, 2016
Tecno Ur fone no get insurance
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by encryptjay(m): 12:41am On Jul 22, 2016
Dandsome:

No skin pain bro. I've already agreed the guy won. I was stressing on the phone because of how people talk about it. I had to buy one. I carelessly read about the wrist band but didn't care much about it though. What is evening paining me is that the phone never reach two weeks wey I buy am!! Na only me waka come?? Wetin I do? Why didn't he steal my torchlight phone? cry
Lol, why Im no steal your torchlight phone? Thiefs like better stuff too na.
2 weeks? Not good at all
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by sirlop(m): 1:19am On Jul 22, 2016
gretblue:
Op, I have the link to block your phone through IMeI.I just got home,I shall send you the link tomorrow.
Send me the link too
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Baddestguyp(m): 1:58am On Jul 22, 2016
donvicky2007:
I tot I was the only one who noticed op was tryna market tecno.

Even the mods didn't notice it and moved the thread to fp
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by SaintUlot: 2:11am On Jul 22, 2016
Check my signature and start making money daily directly into your bank account

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details / How To Play And Download Youtube Videos Using BIS / 13 Things You Need To Know About The Tecno L9plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.