Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations (9004 Views)

FGGC Owerri Wins First Overall in 2016/2017 WAEC Examinations / Ayodeji Salimon Appointed As MAPOLY Rector By Amosun / Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by Uchemelvin2004(m): 7:24am On Jul 22, 2016
I'm a corper serving in Ogun state and this news is 100% true, even the school principal doesn't know what's happening. Even if they extend it to September I've told the school. I won't be here when they oro festival starts (mid August).
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by Mikehell(m): 7:27am On Jul 22, 2016
Una go see SIA 7x grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by Exponental(m): 7:33am On Jul 22, 2016
Dividends of this SECOND TERM
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by olushowunm(m): 7:46am On Jul 22, 2016
gorociano:
All is not well with Ogun State and has not been for about five or so years. Forget the bridges built in places without a history of traffic jam or media jamborees like the one of hosting President Buhari to mark 40 years of the state's creation (as if we were the only one celebrating such) and the model schools that have not been completed 5 years after they were started. Some fundamental/primary things are being left to rot while needless grandiose things have become the raison d'ĂȘtre of the government.

The one that is highly shocking is that of the unannounced "suspension" of promotional examination in all government secondary school. My little cousin has come home four days in a row a little more dispirited than the previous day because the examinations scheduled to start on the 18th of July has not yet commenced as at yesterday 21st. Children prepare to go and do PROMOTIONAL examinations and are met with hand-wringing teachers who are also devoid of information of what exactly is going on.

This begs the question: WHY DID THE AMOSUN ADMINISTRATION MOVE TO CENTRALIZE EXAMINATION FOR ALL SCHOOLS? Since the start of this new system by the administration, it has been bedevilled and plagued with shodiness, ineptness and unpreparedness. Many say this is an example of many half-baked policy that has been churned out which take no cognisance of realities on ground or the real suffering and yearnings of Ogun people, but that is a matter for another day.

All we want is that our children learn in good schools and do exam when they are scheduled to without the additional emotional roller-coaster of "Will exam hold?". If the Ogun State Ministry of Education cannot conduct a standardized examination for all students as scheduled, then it's a shame. It should accept defeat and bring back decentralized examinations. We will forgive them. For a while.
My friend, this is what you get when you make an HND graduate with a stupid appellation of "FCA" as the governor of a progressive state like Ogun. I'm tired of his stupid policies, why not send his children to the same schools? He over-inflated roads and bridges contracts with reckless abandonment. How can a man do ordinary 1km road which should not be more than 200million naira for 750 million and 850 million naira. This is unacceptable since we are not importing gravel nor sand nor asphalt. What is going on in Ogun is more than stealing but total annihilation of the state.

Education policy : 0
Housing policy : 0
Agriculture policy : 0
Local economy benefits of the massive infrastructure construction : 0
Roads : 2 ( No rural roads development plan)
Security : 1
Over-taxation : 10
.... This is the administration score card.
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by olushowunm(m): 7:53am On Jul 22, 2016
Uchemelvin2004:
I'm a corper serving in Ogun state and this news is 100% true, even the school principal doesn't know what's happening. Even if they extend it to September I've told the school. I won't be here when they oro festival starts (mid August).
which oro festival are you talking about? Where are you located in ogun?
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by Yuneehk(f): 8:02am On Jul 22, 2016
Feranchek:
This plot is for Yuneehk. Sweetheart, just gree to be my girlfriend and vote for IAMKINGZLEE and I'll get you more plots. grin
I've told you to stop smoking. you just won't hear tongue
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by Feranchek(m): 8:07am On Jul 22, 2016
Yuneehk:

I've told you to stop smoking. you just won't hear tongue

If I don't smoke, I won't have the courage to toast you na..... you know sooooo shy and you're tooooooo beautiful! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 22, 2016
Feranchek:
One plot here for my skarl ett. Please koman take over grin

Ferdie dear, good morning kiss
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by Funmiladey(m): 8:40am On Jul 22, 2016
Which part of the state are you serving, cos oro has started in sagamu already tonight will be night 4.

On top this matter, I think the governor is confused.I don't know why he centralised exams when students were already doing well before the advent of his administration. Their performance in WAEC now is getting worse year in year out.
Uchemelvin2004:

1 Like

Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by theSpark(m): 8:48am On Jul 22, 2016
To be honest it's either Ogun State is being overhyped or Amosun ruined the state when he came. Can't wait to be done serving and leave this hole.
My friends working in government schools are impatient already. Besides, our road was destroyed since February and all work on reconstruction stopped after buhari left.
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by rosalieene(f): 9:32am On Jul 22, 2016
me sef tire oo
I am just held down in this state because of this exams! The students are coming to school everyday, doing nothing but playing!
They should not even try and shift it to August because I must go home.
If the exam questions are not released by next week, they should just forget it and promote all the students or postpone it to next term.
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by humbleself242(m): 10:13am On Jul 22, 2016
I am not a politician but I LOVE APC with there agenda but this so call GOV OF OGUN STATE is the first and the most useless Governor in ogun state because y can hold a state politicians are shouting we non politicians are also shouting we choose wrong to have voted for a person like u useless man
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by BarrSolicitor(m): 11:14am On Jul 22, 2016
nnachukz:
Did you say he hosted Buhari? If yes then, the answers to your questions are not unconnected to that action. He has gotten infected with dullness. He might have even gone deaf by now.
Looooool
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by lailo: 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
Amosun is a mistake to Ogun State.Misplaced priorities everywhere.PROJECT 1- over 8 Multi billion naira unnecessary fly-over bridges across d state.A state where no single city has a history of traffic jam not even d capital. PROJECT 2- Over 5 new model schools still under construction till date over 5 years ago.The gov secondary schs are nothing to write home about and d governor embarked on dis elephant projects just to have his name inscribed on monuments.Waste of tax payer money. PROJECT 3-The best roads in major cities and towns built by previous administrations were being destroyed and rebuit again while d governor left those ones that have been calling for govment attention for centuries.The rebuilt roads are not even completed with d neccesary facilities like street lights and beautification.Waste!!!! PROJECT 4-proposed creation of additional LG when d ones on ground are useless and underfunded. PROJECT 5- Proposed creation of University of technology when d governor himself said vehemently that d state didn't have d capacity to own 2 university-TASUED and OOU.These state owned university are existing without any fund from d state government and he wants to build another one for Egba people wu already has a federal University and federal & state polytechnics and federal college of education.Banks in some cities(eg Ijebu zones)open 11am and close 2pm bcs of no security while ND militants kill people endlessly in cities of Ogijo,ogun state.The Governor is a disgrace 4get what u read on news paper.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by Image123(m): 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
Oh, the state where primary school and secondary school goes on strike? They'll reap the negligence in decades, just like the North and South south.
Re: Dear Gov Amosun, Give Us This Day Our Examinations by SaintUlot: 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
Start making money directly into your bank account, check my signature and get started

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDA 70th Regular Course Admission Free Past Questions / Five Organic Functions Of Business. / I'm Tired Of Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.