Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,519 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines (22041 Views)

How Can One Be Linked With Agricultural Produces Exporter In Nigeria? / FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs / Ed-el-kabir 2016: See The Prices Of Rams Across Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Rexyl(m): 9:32am On Jul 23, 2016
HAH:

Yes dry port is basically for where there is no close sea port, but my grievance is why non in north east and citing three in three neighboring states of Kano, Kaduna and katsina, all in north west. Why not atleast one in either Bauchi Borno Adamawa, Taraba or Gombe or Yobe afterall four of the state's in the north east are linked by rail.

I think the government should have given reason for neglecting the whole of NE in the dry port project. The zone might be disadvantaged for some reasons not indicated
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by hustler86(m): 9:37am On Jul 23, 2016
HAH:

Yes dry port is basically for where there is no close sea port, but my grievance is why non in north east and citing three in three neighboring states of Kano, Kaduna and katsina, all in north west. Why not atleast one in either Bauchi Borno Adamawa, Taraba or Gombe or Yobe afterall four of the state's in the north east are linked by rail.

U dnt knw if there's a plan for those states later do u?
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by hadura29(m): 9:40am On Jul 23, 2016
aresa:

There is a port in Onitsha and in total, there are still more ports in the south than the North.

I don't even know what you people know about your own country.

I so much love your response....

They understand that this is the government trying to curb road usage of containers. Etc
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by barcaboi(m): 9:41am On Jul 23, 2016
MXrep:

he did not complain about the North, he complained about katsina and i share in that complaint. Sokoto and Maiduguri (b4 BH) are more economically viable than katsina. Most of you have not even been to these places
I was born in borno btw.....now shd we wait till boko leaves b4 we connect wt d north/borno?....and I still wonder why pple tnk katsina is not viable
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 23, 2016
musaajebor:

naw u self don turn fighter

and to think u dey initially stress say nlanders too fight and nigerians are divided

ur senselessness is endlesss
meteeeeew, I say shift, your big head dey block my road, na you come carry you aproko face put for my front wey I dey my own jeje,I know say e pain you say I call you big head, but na the truth I talk, now shift,next time nor dey do aproko again, because sometimes e fit cast
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Pavore9: 10:05am On Jul 23, 2016
misterjosh:
Some niqqas just come on here, and anything they see here is divine. If you're waiting for his source, then you're in for a long wait.

I have farmed rice in Anambra State and have a very good idea of the landscape, just wanted to know if he has verifiable data to back his claim because I know Mashegu, which is just a local government in Niger State is 9,182 km² While the entire Anambra State is 4,844 km² so am trying to wrap my head around his claim that Anambra produces more rice than the North!

2 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Okeikpu(m): 10:13am On Jul 23, 2016
seunny4lif:
Why Kano, Kaduna and Katsina all northern state getting 3 while south as only 2 undecided undecided undecided
Wetin dey Katsina undecided undecided undecided
Why dem no put 1 for Onitsha undecided undecided undecided
That's one Nizooria 4you
Ds pple are like mosquitoes, if u don't kill them
they'll suckyou dry
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by specimenC: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2016
AustineE1:

you must be high on cheap drugs! The last time i checked, Anambra produces more rice than all the states in the North with the exception of Kebbi,Anambra grows high quality vegetables and are some times exported to Europe,not to mention Ebonyi which is in a class of its own in agriculture. Left for Plateau,Benue and Taraba which are largerly agrarian states and are known as the greater middle-beltan states and not core North. You wld agree with me that the North lost it the very time the groundnut pyramids of Kano disappeared.
Katsina can only boast of their cows,which are even fed in the hinterlands of the South.

All of a sudden,you want to tribalise this issue and turn it into a competition. You were already told that anambra has a port and won't need this. But still, you just want to be senseless.

1 Like

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Safari29: 10:56am On Jul 23, 2016
very good. we are getting there
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2016
wetin katsina and kaduna dey produce? must everything be based on quota system? where is merit?
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Ralphdan(m): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2016
Oh! fowl fowl fowl only one state in the east why why why? Oh my people. grin
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by chrisblack: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
AustineE1:

you must be high on cheap drugs! The last time i checked, Anambra produces more rice than all the states in the North with the exception of Kebbi,Anambra grows high quality vegetables and are some times exported to Europe,not to mention Ebonyi which is in a class of its own in agriculture. Left for Plateau,Benue and Taraba which are largerly agrarian states and are known as the greater middle-beltan states and not core North. You wld agree with me that the North lost it the very time the groundnut pyramids of Kano disappeared.
Katsina can only boast of their cows,which are even fed in the hinterlands of the South.
kia.for where.kebbi, nassarawa produce more rice.forget about the hype anambra.is claiming.bulk of the tomatoes u eat comes from where.in terms of food crops, Agriculturaly produce the north Na baba

1 Like

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by chrisblack: 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
PatrickAnyanwu:
wetin katsina and kaduna dey produce? must everything be based on quota system? where is merit?
you know nothing. What do they produce in ur state or in terms of agricultural produce you can't compete with them on their core competence. answer this simple question. How many beans them produce for your village or state.tribalistic bigots

4 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by menxer: 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
seunny4lif:
Why Kano, Kaduna and Katsina all northern state getting 3 while south as only 2 undecided undecided undecided

Don't forget there is a port in Onne (Rivers), Warri, Calabar
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by phranq(m): 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
aresa:

There is a port in Onitsha and in total, there are still more ports in the south than the North.

I don't even know what you people know about your own country.

a port in Onitsha??! I guess u meant USB port!!!
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by folahann(m): 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
MXrep:

He made genuine points, katsina is not know to produce any agric product in commercial quantity except cows, kaduna and kebbi are leading in North west. both anambra and ebonyi each produce more crops than katsina, the desert is encroaching on that state

I know of a certain kind of beans that people love so much called Katsina. I always thought the beans ia grown in Katsina, have I been wrong all these while?
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Rexnegro(m): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
seunny4lif:
Sebi una want break away na? So Why Zoo go put one for onitsha again...
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by jahsharon: 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
onepluone:
Thank you GEJ. Another one of your brain child. This is your ongoing project that APC are trying to claim.

APC is trying to complete all GEJ inflated and abandoned projects from Power, to Sea Ports, to Railways, to Roads. Can you mention one project started by Obasanjo which GEJ or Yar'Adua completed? The Ibadan - Ilorin road which was started by Obasanjo about 16 years ago is just about to be completed by Buhari. Even the Lagos - Ibadan expressway which Obasanjo awarded contract for about 16 years ago is also being completed by Buhari. Oh! pardon my memory, the corruption which Obasanjo started was improved upon and completed by GEJ.
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by jomoh: 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2016
onepluone:
Thank you GEJ. Another one of your brain child. This is your ongoing project that APC are trying to claim.

it's no surprise you're a GEJ supporter.

FYI it has been on ground since OBJ.

GEJ added nothing to it. Not even the rail project.

I worked for the company in charge of the Ibadan ICD, so I know much about it.
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
seunny4lif:
Na Buhari dey Katsina my brother. It was in fact 4 out of 6 that went to the north.
Onitsha where a lot of Nigeria's importers that give the customs service so much revenue got nothing at all.
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Salym(m): 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
AustineE1:

Why are you displaying your ignorance and bigotry to the whole world. Funtua is at a junction that connects Katsina, Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi States. So basically speaking, this port will serve the 4 states I mentioned above. Gerrit?
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by DLioness(f): 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
AustineE1:

ve evrybdy finish eating in nija dt ur anambra is exportn vegetabl to Europe?
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by hamzyluv(m): 12:51am On Jul 24, 2016
seunny4lif:
beans , cows , rago ( red goat ) sugar cane ....etc ... grin
seunny4lif:
beans , cows , rago ( red goat ) sugar cane ....etc ...
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Silentmind(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2016
All of you shut up!

How far is katsina from Kano?

Why will there be two dry port in two neighbouring states?

Karsina can link Kano from two corners which are less than 1hr 30mins. Gosh!!! Nepotism everywhere
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by B2mario(m): 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
centvin008:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/dry-ports-to-be-linked-with-rail-lines-shippers-council/156363.html?platform=hootsuite#xZyDAwL8VqyrjrCb.99

The one of Abia is built since Obasanjo administration, so I don't know why it should be list among new ones to be constructed or do they want to rehabilitate it?
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by B2mario(m): 12:12pm On Jul 25, 2016
if this govt is serious it should build new seaports in Azumini in Abia state, Oguta in Imo state and complete the one in Onitsha in order to balance internal revenue generation. Lagos is earning so much which needs to be cut down.
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by akinbros: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
AKMoney1:
Why are guys attacking themselves on this thread na?

The main function of these rail lines is to get cargos across to other parts of the country with no seaports with ease and you are here discussing which states produces more agricultural products. Tribalism has eaten deeply into ours souls in this country, make God help us.

But why Nigeria depend on only Lagos seaport? I can imagine the cost and stress of transporting those goods through Lagos.
If a deep commercial seaport is developed in either Calabar, Uyo, port Harcourt, Yenagoa or Warri wouldn't that have been better and cheaper?
Tribalism will ruin this country if we don't let every part feel among the federation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire At Ecobank Headquarters In Lagos (VIDEO) / Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? / The Truth About Money Rituals, What People Don't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.