Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager (20728 Views)

"Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce / Allardyce Named New England Manager / Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by twentyk(m): 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2016
After one match and 67 days in charge, Sam Allardyce has been sacked as manager of the English football team for having behaved "inappropriately".

The 61-year-old's departure follows a Daily Telegraph investigation claiming he offered advice to a bogus group of Far East businessmen on how to get around rules on player transfers.

Allardyce was reported to have used his role to negotiate a deal worth £400,000 (NZ$713,000) to represent a Far East firm seeking advice on the transfer market.

The money would be paid for a series of visits and speeches, and though Allardyce made it clear to the meeting that any arrangement would have to be cleared with the FA and later apologised for what he described as an error of judgement, he was forced out of his dream job.

The FA said in a statement on Tuesday (Wednesday NZ Time): "Allardyce's conduct, as reported today, was inappropriate of the England manager. He accepts he made a significant error of judgement and has apologised. However, due to the serious nature of his actions, The FA and Allardyce have mutually agreed to terminate his contract with immediate effect."

"This is not a decision that was taken lightly but The FA's priority is to protect the wider interests of the game and maintain the highest standards of conduct in football.

"The manager of the England men's senior team is a position which must demonstrate strong leadership and show respect for the integrity of the game at all times."

Allardyce was appointed in July following the departure of Roy Hodgson after this year's European Championship and has overseen only the 1-0 World Cup qualifying win over Slovakia.

One of the highest-paid managers in the game with a salary of about £3 million (NZ$5.35m) a year, Allardyce was secretly filmed by the Telegraph discussing England's failings with a group he had been told were businessmen with interests in Singapore and Hong Kong.

During his meetings with the newspaper's undercover reporters, Allardyce also criticised his predecessor Hodgson, referring to him as "Woy" and saying he "hasn't got the personality" for public speaking.

He leaves having become the shortest-serving England manager – albeit with a 100 per cent winning record.

Gareth Southgate will take charge of the England team for the next four matches against Malta, Slovenia, Scotland and Spain while the FA searches for a new manager, with Bournemouth's Eddie Howe the early bookmaker's favourite.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/world-game/84729587/England-manager-Sam-Allardyce-sacked-following-newspaper-sting

1 Like

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by momodub: 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
No messing with oyinbo

10 Likes

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by twentyk(m): 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
the appropriate body should move this to the front page asap. cc lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by babyfaceafrica: 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
So?..they won't still win world cup?..if dem like let dem hire guardiola...hyprocrite English FA

16 Likes

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by segxes23(m): 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
And here we have Olise and Sia one always bad mouthing the government and players...

2 Likes

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by yemmynath(m): 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
Idi ise eni lati moni lole....oun oju nwa loju ri cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by evy1(m): 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
What a wow.

2 Likes

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by obi4eze(m): 10:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
Maybe Paul Clement will take over
Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by ukehnonny: 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
So soon? Nawaa! Infact ayam shot ov wordz.
Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by debuscket(m): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
I hope he wasn't paid 6months salary upfront like Sunday Oliseh else em go vomit am

1 Like

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by Singapore1(m): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by olumaxi(m): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
Who e epp?.....dont worry,u wil soon take over at west-ham

1 Like

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by addictedwriter(m): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
You earn 3 million dollars per year and still got caught in a scandal of 400,000 dollars within few minutes of an interview, because you couldn't control your lips.....Indeed the mouth is a deadly poison.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by nwachinemelu(m): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
I feel for Big Sam......

1 Like

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by shaokhan01(m): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
changing coaches like trousers doesn't guarantee success.

2 Likes

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by weblord1900: 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lol
Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by Kaybee14(m): 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
That's a bad professional ethics from Sam Allardyce. All the best to him in his future pursuits.

1 Like

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by hensben(m): 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lol
Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by BekeeBuAgbara: 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
The english media has done it again, always looking whom to bring down.

8 Likes

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by DifferentBoy1(m): 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by tiamiyukunle69(m): 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
I saw it coming...
Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by dotcomnamename: 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
lipsrsealed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by Chanchit: 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
This would have been legal in Nigeria cos the FA would collect their share of the deal while he would be advised to seek more of such deals, pay his salaries from it then return the change to NFF.

18 Likes

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by dominique(f): 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
What he did was more or less a consultant work, should that have cost him his job?

As much as i like him, I didn't expect him to out-perform Roy Hodgeson or Steve McLaren. He would have delivered mediocre results like his predecessors (IMO). Southgate is a worse replacement. I wonder when the FA will start getting it right.

9 Likes

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by allanphash7(m): 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
I hate English FA

1 Like

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by steffans(m): 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2016
Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2016
James walked into a bar and aggressively shouted his order to the bar man "Please give me N2,500 isiewu and Big Stout and then give everyone a N5,000 isiewu and Big Stout because when I eat I want everyone to eat." The bar man processed his request and gave him his meal and everyone else theirs.

When they finished enjoying their meal he shouted another order " Give me a bottle of brandy (mellow wood) and give everybody else a bottle of whiskey (Johnny walker black label) because when I drink I want everybody to drink." Everyone was happy and singing James' praises saying "He is the man".

When James finished his drink he shouted again " Give me my bill and give everyone else their own bill because when I pay for my meals and drinks, I want everyone else to pay for theirs."

His burial is this Saturday. He was beaten to death. grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by Greendly(m): 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
wow. was expecting to see
JUST KIDDING
at the bottom of the article. still amazed at the fact of its authenticity.
Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by jametex(m): 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
Yeye FA so because of this small thing
Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by adioolayi(m): 10:23pm On Sep 27, 2016
If Na Naija....Nothing Will Happen...God help my Country
Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by yedidiah(m): 10:26pm On Sep 27, 2016
This is how you know a serious society. No room for misconduct. Once you are exposed, you either resign, or you are sacked. But for my country the matter go drag for the full duration of your tenure.

9 Likes

Re: Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager by zanogo(m): 10:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
loosers and winners
LOOSERS
1. English F.A-when you keep changing managers per second billing, it is not always d best for england's average squad, no room 4 stability.
2. Allardyce- when you get sacked after few weeks of getting your dream job,then something must be wrong, VERY WRONG. If allardyce were to be a black man, the old women in his village would have been accused of tampering with his destiny.
WINNERS
1. England- The sack shows a country that still believes in the rule of law ,a country that strives to potray a positive image to the world everytime. KUDOS....a good example for sub saharan countries to follow.
2. SUNDERLAND- with moye's sack looking inevitable,sunderland fans will be happy to know allardyce is available again to start another fight against relegation.....NOBODY LIKES TO PLAY IN THE CHAMPIONS-SHIP

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lionel Messi's Family Brand Maradona 'ignorant' For Discrediting Barcelona Star / FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) / Nwakali And Chukwueze Flaunt Their FIFAU17 Medals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.