Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Allardyce Named New England Manager - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Allardyce Named New England Manager (7991 Views)

Luis Enrique Named New Spain Head Coach On 2-Year Deal / Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager / Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Spanner4(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2016
Ten steps backward for England
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by shamecurls(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2016
HRich:
Sunday What?

Sunday Oliseh
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by nonjebose(m): 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
supersystems:
yet another cadavaer why the by-product of Okocha's short spent english career ?

I assumed we could get coaches with CV's of success and pace the emphasis on success rther than nationality..

Ok,England yu'll win a competiton perhaps around 2067 and onwards if this permutaton sequence continues.No beeffs pls dnt tage me..
Spot on, my friend. 2067? Nah! 3000 would do. They would continue to be the butt of many jokes.
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Gbengard(m): 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
Sam Allardyce? England is on a long thing. Is he better than Roy Hobson?

Jurgen Klinsmann is a better coach! Tested and trusted!!!
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Akaujaa(m): 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2016
England cannot have a local coach with all players playing in the local league and hope to do well in contemporary football. A foreign coach to manage the team consisting of local players, is what England needs now.
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
nonjebose:
Spot on, my friend. 2067? Nah! 3000 would do. They would continue to be the butt of many jokes.
Lolw e both wnt finish this country o.. grin
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Abdul4trust1(m): 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
Agimor:
Like Super Eagles like Red Lion.
three Lions
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by ATERI(m): 9:52pm On Jul 22, 2016
bright007:
k......Lol

Your comment brings Arsene Wenger and Arsenal to mind.

Sounds like a comment from man u or chelsea fan! At least Wenger used to win domestic trophies before, our new man never won any. As a neutral, you know that Wenger would try to play good football, Big Sam is about bulldozing your way through!
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by ATERI(m): 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2016
Akaujaa:
England cannot have a local coach with all players playing in the local league and hope to do well in contemporary football. A foreign coach to manage the team consisting of local players, is what England needs now.

Capello and Sven? Their number one problem is racism. Racist FA officials, racist managers, racist white players, racist sports journalists operating in a predominantly racist society. I think Big Sam and Harry Redknapp can rise above all that. Problem is, should he pick a better black player at the expense of a popular white player, the British press would start his destruction. The best for them today would be Glenn Hoddle, but can he rise above racism? Roy Hogson started off trying to apply quota system to the number of black players he used...always going to fail. Remember his treatment of Rio Ferdinand? Then there is the problem of tournament mentality. Nigeria assembled the team that faced them in South Korea 2002 `48 hours` before the start of that World Cup, even with their David Beckham, they couldn`t beat Nigeria. So England can`t just cope with the pressure of big occasion-no-one can teach that.

1 Like

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Ribaman(m): 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2016
Its not just about winning.
In my humble opinion, Big Sam is what England needs right now.
They have been celebrating the 1966 fluke win for too long, its about time a realistic Manager turned up to give them a wake up kick.
I am his greatest fan, but his appointment may be the wake-up call the 3 Lions have been waiting for .

ATERI:

A manager that rarely wins anything to manage a national team that rarely wins anything. A perfect match!

1 Like

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Reference(m): 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2016
The chap hasn't won anything at club level, hasn't crossed the midpoint of the Premiership standings and over the past few seasons has been locked in relegation battles....or is England afraid they will be relegated by FIFA to the Oceania Federation to play the likes of Fiji as serial 'underwhelmers' since countries like Iceland are beginning to freeze them out of UEFA. grin hahahaha....laughing at the three pussycatos.....
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Princeroyal: 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hey guys I have a client I work with directly from Sweden for fixed games yaa is real WhatsApp me via 08084850100 for d fixed games.
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by ATERI(m): 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2016
Ribaman:
Its not just about winning.
In my humble opinion, Big Sam is what England needs right now.
They have been celebrating the 1966 fluke win for too long, its about time a realistic Manager turned up to give them a wake up kick.
I am his greatest fan, but his appointment may be the wake-up call the 3 Lions have been waiting for .

My man, what are football matches about if not about winning? I must say I like your optimism.
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by yomz1e(m): 11:52pm On Jul 22, 2016
Am still in mourning for English football. Big Sam has no idea what he got himself into.. cry cry cry my poor England.. Same as Roy Hodgson, England still think its the old style of football that will win them a major trophy, I weep..all these old players turned coach still stuck in the 1980s style of football. What we need is a young passionate crazy mad coach like Athletico Madrid manager...
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Presbulg(m): 12:51am On Jul 23, 2016
bright007:
k......Lol

Your comment brings Arsene Wenger and Arsenal to mind.

You ain't so bright afterall. This your comment reeks of ignorance. You need more history lesson on Arsenal. Google is your friend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by wezzyjasified(m): 7:59am On Jul 23, 2016
Akaujaa:
I think you ve a point
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by lereinter(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2016
sobmos:
The appointment of big Sam comes as a huge shock to football lovers like me and others across the world. Not to take away anything from Sam, he's an averagely good coach and manager. But I can say categorically that he's definitely not what the three lions need at this time. The English national team is filled with immense quality of players to warranty a crappy manager. Why not employ the service of tested names like Juergen kinsman, Harry redknapp, and the likes. The English Fa is just like nigeria's NFF, all appointment is based on politics and "who you know". They should forget about winning any silverware, with this manager. The story will always be the same.

Hope you have sent this your message to England

(1) (2) (Reply)

Australia Vs Denmark: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 30th Nov 2022 / Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting / Is This Bet9ja Zoom Virtual System Becoming Scam Or What???? One Game Cut!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.