Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

England Named Sam Allardyce As New Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Named Sam Allardyce As New Manager (224 Views)

Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager / "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce / England Named Squad For EURO 2016,rashford Made The List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

England Named Sam Allardyce As New Manager by newsrepublique: 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2016
This is the bizarre sketch produced by the Football Association to accompany their announcement that Sam Allardyce has been handed the England job.

Standard Sport first broke the news that the Sunderland coach had won the race to succeed Roy Hodgson on Wednesday and The FA confirmed the appointment on their website on Friday afternoon.

A three-man selection panel, comprising FA chief executive Martin Glenn, technical director Dan Ashworth and acting chairman David Gill, was ‘energised’ by Allardyce’s view on England’s future and plumped for the former West Ham boss after also holding informal talks with Steve Bruce.

But in the absence of any official photographs of the new England boss, The FA mocked up a drawing of the 61-year-old with a strange montage of jubilant England fans printed across his shirt and suit.

In a statement on the FA website, Allardyce said: “I am extremely honoured to be appointed England manager especially as it is no secret that this is the role I have always wanted. For me, it is absolutely the best job in English football.”

Sunderland, meanwhile, will now begin their search for a new manager just three weeks ahead of the new Premier League season after a compensation package of around £2million was agreed between both parties
Posted in Sports Tagged England Named Sam Allardyce As New Manager.......
Read more on:http://www.newsrepublique.com/england-named-sam-allardyce-as-new-manager/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Duties Will Come Into Effect / People On Board Were Rescued / Gernot Rohr Signs 2yrs Super Eagles Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.