Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

"Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce (22169 Views)

World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation / Jay-Jay Okocha And Others Announce FIFA Best Awards Nominees. Photos / Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by SirElaw(m): 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
England manager Sam Allardyce says Austin Okocha is the best captain he has ever had.

Okocha, 43, was named skipper of Bolton Wanderers following Guðni Bergsson’s retirement and as leader, he led the Trotters to the 2004 League Cup final where they bowed to Middlesbrough.

And Allardyce - who manager of the team then reveals Okocha was proficient in the role and also a brilliant player.

“Jay Jay Okocha. On and off the field he was the captain you looked for,” the Three Lions boss said.

"In a multi-national side from all over the world he could speak four different languages, communicate very well with some of the players who couldn't speak quite as good English.

“He sorted the odd scuffle out in the dressing room, talked to the players about how we had to go out and win. He'd take the manager's instructions and apply them in the right way.

“Then there was outstanding ability on the field, leading by example and showing everybody he wasn't a mercenary which was suggested in the beginning, that he'd only come for the money. He became an iconic figure at Bolton Wanderers.”

Allardyce leads out England for the first time in Sunday’s 2018 Fifa World Cup qualifier against Slovakia.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4093/nigerian-football/2016/08/30/27016752/okocha-the-best-captain-ive-worked-with-says-england-manager?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.ng%2F

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by bosschinalu(m): 10:10pm On Aug 30, 2016
GENUINE SMILES

23 Likes

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by SirElaw(m): 11:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
I couldn't stop myself from grinning ear to ear like a fool while reading this. I'm really proud of Jay Jay.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by Smellymouth: 6:56am On Aug 31, 2016
He was so good ,they named him TWICE ==> Jay Jay!!

148 Likes 22 Shares

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by SirElaw(m): 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
When you get to the pinnacle of your game and still have the humility to be good and accountable... Thats true greatness.

8 Likes

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by yemobrown(m): 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
They ignore you now but they will need you later, thats life.
Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by veekid(m): 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2016
And here in Nigeria; we don't know he exists

2 Likes

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by Rounakid(m): 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
Meanwhile, someone somewhere is the best bench warmer a club ever had... sadsad

didn't call name, before you start quoting ur generation... sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
smiley
Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by CertifiedNaija(m): 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
impressive
Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by kid7soccer(m): 2:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
The best No 10 WE EVER HAD

16 Likes

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by Unlimited22: 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
Is this on fp already or shd lalasticlala be sacked?

5 Likes

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by Josmila(m): 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
Jay Jay..one of his kind

11 Likes

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by LuvU2: 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
I Love okocha

2 Likes

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by salabscholar01(m): 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
ok
Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
Okocha. Very easy going guy. Cutesexy1 , in case you're wondering who Okocha is, he was the first man on the moon. PM me for more details.

6 Likes

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by lawrenzi(m): 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
God bless J. J Okocha

2 Likes

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by delors(m): 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
veekid:
And here in Nigeria; we don't know he exists
Says who?
Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by pheyimen: 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nnayi, he will glad accept 2 come work in ur set up in english national team oo
Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by chuose: 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
what will Nigeria do without the South?

Brains na south

human resources being used to man the barren north na south.

foreign revenue na south!

Oil na south!

And yet Buhari dey do Northocracy angry
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4173527_crftogvuaalk9z_jpegeae945e2f8d2fa4f63f26540556cd697

Also marginalizing the south angry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by chemicalDisease: 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
We have another jay jay in Iheanacho!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by cutetopsey(f): 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nice one
Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by 4Qbitch: 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
One of our best talents.
Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by waper4244: 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by NwaNimo1(m): 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
He means Kevin Nolan.....
Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by simplyOJ(m): 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
chuose:
what will Nigeria do without the South?

Brains na south

human resources being used to man the barren north na south.

foreign revenue na south!

Oil na south!

And yet Buhari dey do Northocracy, marginalizing the south angry
Take a chill pill please. its not just only about the South. The eyes
once boasted about being the most important part of the body, until the nose
went on a holiday and the eyes saw pepper. Nothing is wrong with country, the Politrickcians are
the major headaches we have.

8 Likes

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by DavSagacity(m): 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
The Man Austin Azuka Jay-Jay Okocha Is a phenomenal who Is blessed with Charisma and Character of a true Captain. Am Not surprised Sam Allardyce Is saying It again. After i watched How he mesmerized with the ball in Yobo's testimonial match, i can't but wonder Why he decided to retire early

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by handysuzy(f): 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
Truth. One of the most underrated players that ever played the game professionally

7 Likes

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by mmsen: 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
Rounakid:
Meanwhile, someone somewhere is the best bench warmer a club ever had... sadsad

didn't call name, before you start quoting ur generation... sad

Has Mikel ever performed poorly for the Super Eagles?

Is it not the NFF who have been making a hash of things of late by messing the players around?

Was it not Mikel who paid for the accommodation of those who were not supposed to be in Brazil but went anyway and then choose to stay in the same hotel as the players?

8 Likes

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by Francon(f): 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
Commendable

Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by Edwardhead(m): 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
grin
Re: "Okocha Is The Best Captain I've Ever Had" - English Coach, Sam Allardyce by 989900: 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
Smellymouth:
He was so good ,they named him TWICE ==> Jay Jay!!

Take this down. The one time I've ever hated Jay Jay . . . treating my Arsenal with disrespect. angry sad

If Okocha were English, they'd push him for the best player whoever lived.

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pep Guardiola Crowned LMA Manager Of The Year / It's A Goodbye - Eden Hazard Confirms Chelsea Exit / Patrice Evra Backs Paul Pogba To Prove Critics Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.