Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,890 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis (10832 Views)

How These 3 Businesses Can Change Your Life / Is It Legal To Fake Customer Testimonial To Improve Sales? / Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by tobillionaire(m): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2016
Proud statistician.... a business without data collection is in jeopardy
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by airsaylongcon: 11:19am On Jul 24, 2016
emmanwandud:
There are tools and softwares been used for data analysis to predict and improve sales such as sap, erp , linear models etc they get data from a data warehouse and other pools of data and make accurate predictions for the purposes they are intended for.

SAP used for data analysis?! Please enlighten me because last time I checked SAP is a business management system (ERP). It might house data that will further be analysed using other tools (the basic of which is MS Excel) but I am really interested in how SAP can perform data analysis by itself
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by airsaylongcon: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2016
NnamdiN:
Can a good Nigerian help me with retailman POS software?

I can't. But I can help you with a readily available POS that costs nothing to acquire and no annual licensing and all. You get a Web-based dashboard to see trends.
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by NnamdiN: 11:24am On Jul 24, 2016
airsaylongcon:

I can't. But I can help you with a readily available POS that costs nothing to acquire and no annual licensing and all. You get a Web-based dashboard to see trends.
would really aaprreciate that sir
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by airsaylongcon: 11:31am On Jul 24, 2016
NnamdiN:
would really aaprreciate that sir

Give me a brief of what you trying to accomplish with Retailman? Is the store a multi-location business? Are there going to be multiple checkout devices in each location? Are you interested in tracking each employee's sales, attendance (this costs a fee payable to the developers)? Do you mind if the currency sign is in Naira or Dollars?
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by psychology1(m): 11:56am On Jul 24, 2016
only Econometricians can perfectly handle the market trend in Nigeria presently
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by NnamdiN: 11:59am On Jul 24, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Give me a brief of what you trying to accomplish with Retailman? Is the store a multi-location business? Are there going to be multiple checkout devices in each location? Are you interested in tracking each employee's sales, attendance (this costs a fee payable to the developers)? Do you mind if the currency sign is in Naira or Dollars?
I sell musical equipment. I want to be able to monitor stock effectively. At any given time, I want to know what comes in or what goes out, a comprehensive record of suppliers, amount owed them, basically everything retailman does. Do you have whatsapp?
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by elewedu(m): 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
I am a customer insight analyst for ny company, and I can totally connect with the importance of data. I must confess, I truly enjoy my line of career, being the go to guy in the office. I have been fortunate to have a broader understanding of the business compare to the next guy due to the volume of information that passes through my desk. This applies to most analyst within my organisation. On flip side, it is a very challenging job that demands a high degree precision, as the outcome of analysis if right or wrong can either make or mar the decision taken. Source of data can also be a pain, if one is unlucky to be in an organisation without a robust enterprise system for data collection, one could be consistently frustrated. Above all, it is a very interesting career line.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by airsaylongcon: 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
NnamdiN:
I sell musical equipment. I want to be able to monitor stock effectively. At any given time, I want to know what comes in or what goes out, a comprehensive record of suppliers, amount owed them, basically everything retailman does. Do you have whatsapp?

No but I am on Telegram. http:///airsay
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by mrsage(m): 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
I'm a businessman and I'll love to use data to improve my business process. How can I achieve this?
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by favyff(f): 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2016
Thank God am a Statistician. We bring out facts from figures.
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by coolhamid(m): 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2016
mrsage:
I'm a businessman and I'll love to use data to improve my business process. How can I achieve this?
Send Me a PM
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by zicoy6k: 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
Well said OP. The problem in Nigeria is that business owners don't see the importance of Statistics in decision making and that's why many businesses fail. This may be as a result of the cost of obtaining quality useful data and hiring a good analyst.
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by zicoy6k: 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2016
zeedof:
Awww am so happy to read through this topic... thanks op.... I love statistics with all my heart even right from high school. Have BSc in stat and about to complete Msc in stat but am tired of it because of no job. My wish is to work in field of statistics if any one can help me but I wouldn't mind any where because Nigeria made me understand that half bread is better than none
While waiting for job you can make a lot of money Analysing data in Fiverr. I know Stat graduates who are making cool cash from there. But you must be very good especially with packages such as MATLAB, SAS, STATA, SPSS and most importantly programming in R/S-plus. If not for my work schedule I would be making a lot of money from there though I still make extra cash from there.
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by gitto(m): 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
Data analyst professionals focus on the analysis, importation, transformation or development of data. They simply take information they have regarding an organisation and present it in a way that makes sense to anyone that needs it.
A Data Analyst's skill goes beyond implementing ways to find and present data. Professionals must be able to review and analyse large amounts of data. They also know how to verify the accuracy and quality of the data given in order to trim or remove useless data. This process is generally called data cleansing. Data Analysts also do know how to look for the information and know how to use the databases that maintain information.
The functions of Data Analysts include using their company's information to analyse, research, and perform reviews in order to seek new trends or find new insights regarding the organization. The specific type of information a Data Analyst works with depends on the industry they work for. They could work in industries like healthcare, education, IT, Banking, etc.
However, a candidate who wants to become a Data Analyst can be sure that they will use information that has been obtained from a variety of sources.
Data analysts are extremely organised people who are good at the use of computer technologies. They also have a high aptitude in analytical and logical thinking. They’ve also mastered the use of analytical and presentation software in order to take information and present it in a user friendly manner.

QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS SETS OF A DATA ANALYST
- B.Sc. in Business Management, Project Management, Economics, Statistics, Information Management, Technology, etc.
- Ability to analyse, source and present information in a logical manner.
- Must have superior concentration as committing a small mistake can lead to bigger problems.
- Strong project management skills (organised and structured thinking).
- Strong Organisational skills and an ability to execute multiple tasks with competing demands for resources.
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work in fast paced, innovative, dynamic business environment.
- Ability to work with diverse group of people including team members, Managers and Clients.
- Good knowledge ofAdvanced Microsoft Excel and should have the ability to work with complex calculations, charts, tables and graphs.
- Knowledge and experience about different types of databases such as MS –SQL, MySQL and Database design structure.
- Excellent reporting skills and ability to create report procedures, policies and also forecast reports for a given period when required.
- Ability to design programmes for data development and develop/implement a reporting tool and procedure.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Years of experience in quantitative data analysis.

RENUMERATION OF DATA ANALYSTS
The job outlook for Data Analyst position looks outstanding and this growth is expected to last through the year 2018. This career route is expected to grow by 30% providing plenty of opportunities for interested candidates. However, only certain sectors are expected to experience this large growth. The national average income (U.S) for these professionals is approximately $79,000 and has a range of $35,000 to $97,000 per year depending on the specialty and industry.
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by mrsage(m): 6:09am On Jul 25, 2016
coolhamid:

Send Me a PM

Done
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by activelyA(f): 9:45am On Jul 25, 2016
elewedu:
I am a customer insight analyst for ny company, and I can totally connect with the importance of data. I must confess, I truly enjoy my line of career, being the go to guy in the office. I have been fortunate to have a broader understanding of the business compare to the next guy due to the volume of information that passes through my desk. This applies to most analyst within my organisation. On flip side, it is a very challenging job that demands a high degree precision, as the outcome of analysis if right or wrong can either make or mar the decision taken. Source of data can also be a pain, if one is unlucky to be in an organisation without a robust enterprise system for data collection, one could be consistently frustrated. Above all, it is a very interesting career line.
Please wat course did u study or professional course did u undertake to get to this point or level
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by zeedof(m): 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
zicoy6k:

While waiting for job you can make a lot of money Analysing data in Fiverr. I know Stat graduates who are making cool cash from there. But you must be very good especially with packages such as MATLAB, SAS, STATA, SPSS and most importantly programming in R/S-plus. If not for my work schedule I would be making a lot of money from there though I still make extra cash from there.
someone told me about fiver but don't know how it goes there but I will make some research about it right now though will love any tips of how to succeed in it or guide if you have. Kindly help me to forward it to my email sir akins7108@gmail.com
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by elewedu(m): 10:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
activelyA:

Please wat course did u study or professional course did u undertake to get to this point or level
First degree in Chemistry and MBA Marketing.... I work in a multinational. After a few years in quality control, I applied internally for an analyst role in Marketing. I have been on the role for two years and considering taking the Certified Analytical Professional Certification or IIBA next year. I am yet to decide which though...next year is still some distance..God keep us

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Can't Money Be Sufficiently Printed For Our Use? / Company Registration: Questions People Ask & Answers! / Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.