Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,900 members, 7,844,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment (10133 Views)

Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? / House Of Representatives Intervenes In Diamond Bank Staff Retrenchment Dispute / Retrenchment: FG Commences Negotiations With Financial Unions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment by CapitalCee(m): 8:23am On Jul 23, 2016
EVILFOREST:
People are suffering oooooooo

they way some people do things is really surprising me oo, Diamond bank may soon go down ooo, are you sure that bank is still making profit?
Re: Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment by sankara1: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2016
Diamond bank is an example of bad management. They should tender apology publicly and tender their resignation for incompetence to manage its internal matters.
Re: Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment by ol2012: 9:14am On Jul 23, 2016
I really wonder what kind of human being this current MD of diamond is. Let's even assume the sacked workers have low appraisals as being claimed by diamond management. Is it not wicked to sack a staff who has put in more than ten years in this manner? Worse still, the affected staff accounts were thrown into debit. Now how do you expect these staff to survive?

It really amazes me why the bank would go further to brand the sacked staff unproductive. Is the bank trying to make the affected staff unemployable?

Diamond bank for the records is the ONLY bank that has refused to pay off sacked staff in the recent wave of retrenchment in the banking sector. One then begins to wonder if the bank is not subject to extant labour laws in the country.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment by maadman: 9:21am On Jul 23, 2016
..when I "resigned" from diamond bank 7 years ago, they didn't pay me jack. I didn't even notice because I had moved on..
Re: Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment by Svengali: 10:12am On Jul 23, 2016
Get out of here @tolakay. How many people have you guys hired in your life? The sheer stupidity of Nigerians astounds me.
Did you study economics or commerce in secondary school at all? You should know the difference between private and public enterprise.

The economic climate in the country is rubbish and you're lambasting a private enterprise from cutting costs to remain viable. In your own house have you not made adjustments. Mmmmsscchheewwww!!!!!!
Re: Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment by CapitalCee(m): 10:20am On Jul 23, 2016
i
Svengali:
Get out of here @tolakay. How many people have you guys hired in your life? The sheer stupidity of Nigerians astounds me.
Did you study economics or commerce in secondary school at all? You should know the difference between private and public enterprise.

The economic climate in the country is rubbish and you're lambasting a private enterprise from cutting costs to remain viable. In your own house have you not made adjustments. Mmmmsscchheewwww!!!!!!

Diamond bank staff alert!!! you will be sacked soon. and your family will suffer. just watch out

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment by Onslaught: 10:35am On Jul 23, 2016
Why is the banks' management so recalcitrant?? PAY off these guys so everyone moves on!! -ve publicity always spells doom for any enterprise.
Re: Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment by Svengali: 10:47am On Jul 23, 2016
CapitalCee:
i

Diamond bank staff alert!!! you will be sacked soon. and your family will suffer. just watch out

@CapitalCee, no hard feelings. Just saying it like it is!
Because you don't like my statement, you are attacking the messenger. That shows that you are just vindictive and all your statements here should be seen as the thoughts of a bitter vengeful person.

For the record, I run my own small business center business. You can't tell me who to hire or fire. Na me invest my money. Wetin you use your own do? Wetin you use all the one wey demand don dey pay you since do? Business no dey, you say make I still give you money wey I go take buy stationery wey don increase because of fx. @CapitalCee, you are a typical, ignorant Nigerian. Go start your own business
Re: Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment by Tolakay: 11:10am On Jul 23, 2016
Svengali:

Ok sir, I have seen and read your comment. Thank you for d mention wink
Svengali:

Ok sir, I have seen and read your comment. Thank you for d mention
Re: Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment by Jelingsbin: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
Diamond our bank. Please do the needful. U have a good brand but u re trying to mare it with this issue on ground. The bank is bigger than this, remuneration for just 200 staff will not make the bank go under....except u re telling us otherwise...then we better watch it.
Re: Diamond Bank, Groups In Face-off Over Workers’ Retrenchment by dilini(m): 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
Buhari govt and bank ceos are like 5 & 6

(1) (2) (Reply)

Career As A Writer - Little Things That Go A Long Way In Selling Your Book / Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking / A Look At The Nigerian Textile Industry Resuscitation Bill 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.