Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa (1365 Views)

Senator Kabir Marafa Blocks Ibe Kachikwu From Revealing Relationship With Buhari / Saraki Reshuffles Senate Committees, Tinubu, Marafa Get “juicy” Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa by murphyibiam15(m): 6:45am On Jul 23, 2016
By Levinus Nwabughiogu
ABUJA - The crisis in the Nigerian Senate would be completely nip in the bud
as soon as the leadership allows members of the All Progressive Congress, APC,
to occupy juicy office, Senator Kabiru Marafa representing Zamfara Central has
said.
Marafa known for his outspokenness is apparently not comfortable that most
high offices were occupied by members of the opposition Peoples Democratic
Party, PDP as was the case when APC was in that status.
He dismissed the speculations that the principal officers were being targeted for
punishment of any kind, saying that the right things should be done.
Speaking with State House Correspondent after a private visit to President
Mohammadu Buhari at the presidential Villa, Abuja on Friday, Marafa who had
just been nominated as the Chairman, Senate Committee on Petroleum
Resources while answering question on whether peace has returned said that
the forgery case proffered against the Senate President, Bukola Saraki and his
deputy, Ike Ekwerenmadu could be withdrawn if the party leadership gives such
a directive.
He said: "Yes, as long as the party comes in and the will of the party is
respected. We are not at loggerhead with anybody. It is not like we hate
somebody. The current Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has been one of my
very close friends and senior in the 7th assembly. What you saw happened is
what I will describe as loyalty to the party. The constitution of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria recognizes only the party, it doesn't recognize any
individual.
"We didn't go to court because we didn't like the faces of those that emerged,
but this is the will of our party. During the 7th assembly, we accorded the
ruling party at that time the utmost cooperation and we knew the committees
that we were given that time. But now, we are in power it is our own time and
we should be accorded all the necessary cooperation. We should be seen to
respect the party. If the party says withdraw the case, we will go on to
withdraw the case."
Speaking on the impeachment speculation against president Buhari which has
been making the rounds, the senator said it was a huge joke amongst his
colleagues.
He also attributed the Thursday reshulfflement of the Senate Standing
Committees as a result of the pressure mounted on the leadership by the party.
"In legislature we crack a lot of joke. I will only describe that as heavy joke.
Nobody is contemplating that. It is not a possibility and God's willing it will not
happen in this assembly.
"I think reschuffling of committees is not new in any parliament. What made
that of yesterday a little new is the circumstances of the emergence of this
leadership and what followed. What happened yesterday is a result of the efforts
the party has been putting in for reconciliation in the last few days", he said.
Asked of his mission to the Villa, Marafa said he went for fatherly blessing to
enable him discharge his duties effectively.
He also stated that the crisis between the Executive and Legislative Arms in his
State would soon be resolved.
"The President is the Minister of Petroleum Resources and the committee I was
given yesterday relates to the Ministry. As my father and leader, I will not start
anything without seeking for his blessings. He has prayed for me and I can face
the assignment head on.
"The relationship between executive and legislature at any level is like
relationship of husband and wife. So there is nothing knew as far as I'm
concerned. We belong to the same political party and we are one. We are on top
of the situation and we are trying to calm the nerves and look at the problem
from its root. We will resolve the issues amicably. By our tradition and culture,
Zamfara has never had that kind of problem", he said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/forgery-case-saraki-ekwerenmadu-withdrawn-marafa/
cc lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa by Rotjijatau(m): 6:48am On Jul 23, 2016
t
Re: Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa by murphyibiam15(m): 6:50am On Jul 23, 2016
yet some goons be killing themselves on nairaland over these thieves called politician.....truth is that saraki trial is orchestrated bc some persons are not enjoying juicy positions...the other day we read about him giving some juicy committee position to Remi Tinubu and another senator..

youths pls lets find something and do with our lives instead of playing partisan and the same ppl we fight bc of continue to collaborate to milk the nation dry..
so pitiful...whether u are pro-tinubu APC supporter ; pro-saraki APC supporter or even PDP supporter just note that all these politicians are the same.

think over this

4 Likes

Re: Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa by otukpo(f): 7:15am On Jul 23, 2016
All na for politics.
Re: Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa by sarrki(m): 7:17am On Jul 23, 2016
Politician are only after what they can get. Masses of Nigeria are in trouble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa by Mjshexy(f): 7:27am On Jul 23, 2016
I guess there was no forgery case after all, it's well. sad
Re: Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa by haffaze777(m): 7:41am On Jul 23, 2016
May amadioha strike all of dem die,Awon oloribobo
Re: Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa by babdap: 7:43am On Jul 23, 2016
I will never fight over any politician. Wailers and zombies see your life for outside.

3 Likes

Re: Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa by sammyj: 8:57am On Jul 23, 2016
angry shocked cool
Re: Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa by omaguibu(m): 9:20am On Jul 23, 2016
This statement from this Senator is so unpatriotic. So he has come out now open to let the whole world know that the case in court against Sens. Saraki and Ike is a mere political witch hunt, not necessarily a made believe fight against corruption. This people are complete disgrace to those that believe them.

1 Like

Re: Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa by Nbote(m): 9:44am On Jul 23, 2016
Oya moronic zombies over to U.. Ur so called fight against Corruption is clearly a selfish one. So is it still a witch-hunt or a genuine case? Dis APC ppl are even more evil than wen dey were PDP ppl. Dey resort to any means jus to get wat dey want and get at their purported enemies...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Economic Hardship: Protest In Niger State Against Buhari Administration / Edo: INEC Declares Godwin Obaseki Governor Elect / Senator Remi Tinubu to react to forceful marriage of Habiba Isyaku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.