Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Need Marketing Tips Badly - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Need Marketing Tips Badly (1215 Views)

Soap Making And Packaging With Modern Techniques And Marketing Tips. / Opt-in Email Marketing Tips / Marketing Tips For Small And Medium Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Marketing Tips Badly by pdivine(m): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2006
I'm a corper serving in a bank

I'm working in the marketing department

but I'm finding it very difficult to cope

the girls are really outshining me for now

anybody with useful advice on marketing should pls reply me

also anybody who wants to open any kind of account should also contact me

I'm at intercontinental bank

my number is 08055911620

my name Philip

hoping to hear from u
Re: Need Marketing Tips Badly by oluhak: 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2006
Honestly speaking, u have not touched a particular area u really want. Marketing encompasses all facets from when a product is launched to when it is made available to the public for purchase.

Marketing centres on these three parametres; availability, accessibilty and affordability while the 4ps are the essential ingredients to which marketing is all about. These are Product, Place, Promotion and Price.

Also, the following should be considered when going out for relationship Management. These are; good presentation of materials, must be presentable, Smartness etc.

Please let me know the are u required.
Re: Need Marketing Tips Badly by henryphyol(m): 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2006
I would love to help you by giving you books on Marketing but how can you help me to enter that same marketing?
Re: Need Marketing Tips Badly by alexitotee(m): 12:04pm On Dec 18, 2006
henryphyol:

I would love to help you by giving you books on Marketing but how can you help me to enter that same marketing?
O boy, why are u this selfish. Nairaland is not a trade for barter place. If you wanna help the guy, help and stop this attachment that he should help u b4 u help him.
Pele. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Need Marketing Tips Badly by CChild(f): 9:59pm On Jan 25, 2007
Henryphyol,
I must say that your approach is downright selfish. Please grow up!
Pdivine, I'm also a marketer at a bank and i'm not a rookie. What i can tell you is , learn from your colleagues who are currently outshining you. Work on your boldness and presentation skills. Most times, you have to sell yourself first before you sell your bank becuse in essence we are all twenty five fingers of the same hand. You have to give people a reason to leave their current bankers for you.
Think more about what you can offer your prospects and always take every opportunity you have to talk about your bank.
Last but not least, pray without ceasing. If you're like me(our family didnt bring money to Lagos), then you need God's favour and guidance.
It is well with you!
Re: Need Marketing Tips Badly by Mystique(f): 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2007
Marketing (in banks) can not be improved by reading books, its a skill you acquire as you go on (Trust me, i've been there), What you need to do, is learn from your unit members, most of them were once like you. . .

The more you go out marketing, the better you'll become at it, And more people would want to bank with you. You need to pray too, cuz once you hit it big, the rest is history. . .

Good luck!! kiss
Re: Need Marketing Tips Badly by Consulting(f): 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2007
Just a little bit, I hope it helps. Now first and foremost, the type of 'marketing' I think you are talking about, which I would actually refer to as selling, 2 things will be very useful to do:
1. STUDY YOUR COMPETITION - In this case, what you need to do is make a list of all your products and services, and then find out what other banks are doing about it - their rates, etc ( this is easy, just get hold of their reports, or ask around); nothing rigorous. This way, if a prospect says ' oh! my bank gives me that', you can counter that by stating ' yeah, but they charge you, everytime you, , while we will only charge , '(just an axample).

2. IDENTIFY UNIQUE SELLING POINT - Identify your bank's Unique Selling Point. This is that product or service that sets your bank apart - it may be interest, or overdraft limit, convinience. If you look long and hard enough you will find one.

3. IDENTIFY NEED - People are more likely to buy something when they need it or when they believe they need it.
Because needs are not always obvious even to the needy, you have to identify that need, point it out to them and CAPITALISE on it. For example, I believe you work with some kind of list of people and places to be visited. Now, do your research. Not neccessarily anything technical, it might be as simple as finding out what line of business your target individual or company is in and figuring out what would be most useul to them. Then look for where this is relevant or where this need is met in your bank's suite of products/services. Another useful tip is to ask a few questions and be smart when you go out 'marketing'. For example, you walk into a prospect's office and after you have been received and asked to sit, immediately you sit down, you spot a photo of his wife and kids on the table or wall. As you sit, say something like :' that's a nice picture sir'. As he is saying thanks or whatever, you start thinking of your products. Let's say you have a savings scheme for chidren's education or something like that , then you chip in (after introducing yourself and your bank of course) ' you know we have a product known as ', ' It takes all the weight of tuition off you once your children get into college'. He will most likely ask 'how'. Otherwise, he'll say his bank does that. That is where your bank's Unique Selling Point comes in. Sure you can go on from there. Even if he does not get that very product from you, at least you have struck a conversation that can allow you offer him something else.

In a nut shell, that comes down to 4 things:
Know your products inside out
Know your competitors
Know your Unique Selling Point
Be conversational and smart.

Hope this helps.
Re: Need Marketing Tips Badly by tollexxy: 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2007
I think success in marketing is not all about selling a particular product or service to a customer, This in particular is where we all get it wrong, your starting objective therefore shouldnt be trying to sell the product but trying to sell an idea, by doing this you make your prospect sell your product to him or herself, Be right back,
Re: Need Marketing Tips Badly by tollexxy: 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2007
I think success in marketing is not all about selling a particular product or service to a customer, This in particular is where we all get it wrong, your starting objective therefore shouldnt be trying to sell the product but trying to sell an idea, by doing this you make your prospect sell your product to him or herself, Be right back,
Re: Need Marketing Tips Badly by GANZ(m): 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2007
Hello Peter funny you should mention this. I am interested in opening a happy savers account with your bank. I understand its #50,000 to open one . I want to know if there is anything in particular i need to know as i intend to open it sometime next week. If you are interested i could open it with you.My email add is segun03@yahoo.com get in touch if you are interested.

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Owned Company Named To Forbes Magazine’stop 400 / Please Help! How Can A Non-resident Cash An International Bank Draft? / Niche Marketing - A Simple Definition For Newbies!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.