Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC (1782 Views)

Paris Club Loot: Governor Agrees To Refund $2.5m / Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / EFCC Grills Muiz Banire, As Iyiola Omisore Returns N350million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by seunowokade(m): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
– Senator Iyiola Omisore has agreed to refund the N1.3 billion he received from Sambo Dasuki to EFCC – The money would be paid in installment and he has made an initial payment of N300 million – The PDP chieftain first denied that he collected money but his lawyer was unable to secure bail for him Senator Iyiola Omisore has finally confessed to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that he received N1.3 billion from Sambo Dasuki, the former national security adviser. Dasuki served as a security adviser during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan and has been in detention following investigation from the EFCC that revealed he had misappropriated fund meant for the purchase of arms to combat Boko Haram insurgency.

READ ALSO: N60billion fraud: Iyiola Omisore may name beneficiaries Omisore who was apprehended by operatives of the EFCC on July 3 has been in detention where he has vehemently denied that he collected money from Dasuki. However, his lawyer has been unable to secure a release for the chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party as a Federal High Court in Abuja dismissed his application for bail on the basis of lack of competence. After he complained of failing health, Omisore was moved to the National Hospital in Abuja where he was kept under close watch by security operatives. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Iyiola Omisore Iyiola Omisore Premium Times reports that the PDP chieftain finally approached the EFCC and confessed that he received fund from Dasuki. He promised to refund the whole N1.3 billion which he collected and struck a deal with the anti-graft agency. On Friday, July 22, the former deputy governor of Osun state was granted administrative bail after he agreed to refund the money in instalment. He first issued a letter authorising his bank to release N170million to the EFCC, being the entire amount in his frozen account and then issued a draft of N130 million to the EFCC bringing the total to N300 million which is his first instalment payment. He is expected to return to the office of the EFCC on Monday for further negotiations regarding how he would refund the staggering sum of one billion

READ ALSO: Omisore had earlier denied that he collected fund illegally from Dasuki and claimed the money was for a piece of land he sold to the office of the national security adviser. His inability to however provide documents backing the transaction made his claim unbelievable. The Nigerian Tribune reports that Omisore was already back in his house in Abuja. He said: “Thanks for your support and prayers. I also thank my supporters for their steadfastness. I’m back at home in Abuja.”

Link: https://www.naij.com/901712-dasukis-n1-3b-omisore-finally-surrenders-issues-confession.html?utm_source=mailfire&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=online_pusher

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by Tolexander: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
Lol!

Buhari was begging them to return the loot with them, they thought it was business as usual not knowing there is a new Sheriff in town.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by IrradiatoR: 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2016
please do, Nigeria needs it. . .

3 Likes

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by Pavarottii(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
Please take ur fake news away. U guys and ur fake journalism. Somebody that said he did not receive any money from the NSA.

If not why will he sue efcc some amount for defamation of personality.

Fake news everywhere.

Let's wait till Monday, if u won't hear another twist to this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by adeyak83(m): 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
This thiefs has played away match during GEJ reign, now it's time for return leg. make i sidon on top something to enjoy the match.
Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by rusher14: 3:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
Pavarottii:
Please take ur fake news away. U guys and ur fake journalism. Somebody that said he did not receive any money from the NSA.

Fake news everywhere.

Don't worry Vanguard would be publishing the news shortly.

6 Likes

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by TechGenius: 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2016

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by koboko69: 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2016
Pavarottii:

Fake news everywhere.

It won't be fake if it was Aisha Buhari wore 1 billion naira wrist watch, or Zahra Buhari flew first-class in the cockpit with the pilot

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by richidinho(m): 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
Omisore my guy
Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by slimfit1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2016
Please return the money with interest remember the value of naira then and now has changed so they need to march up in value retured.
Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by IamPatriotic(m): 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
All these sensational headlines do not move me any longer , where is the monies they've recovered from those that allegedly looted our common wealth and people are seriously hungery in the country.
Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by izzou(m): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
IamPatriotic:
All these sensational headlines do not move me any longer , where is the monies they've recovered from those that allegedly lootered our common wealth and people are seriously hungery in the country.

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by IamPatriotic(m): 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
Pavarottii:

Fake news everywhere.

the news may not be fake as AIT, staunch supporter of PDP, has confirmed it on their news bar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by seunowokade(m): 5:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
koboko69:

It won't be fake if it was Aisha Buhari wore 1 billion naira wrist watch, or Zahra Buhari flew first-class in the cockpit with the pilot
I Wonder o
Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by seunmsg(m): 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
Pavarottii:

Fake news everywhere.

You don't need to cry more than the bereaved. If I were you, I would allow Omisore to denounce the report before calling it a fake news. Below is a link to the same story as reported by premium times.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/207360-omisore-surrenders-reaches-deal-with-efcc-on-alleged-n1-3billion-fraud.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by maestroferddi: 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nigerians elected Buhari to deliver the dividends of democracy and not to sponsor disseminating propaganda.

The only accomplishment of this administration is sponsoring media sensationalism of purported recovered funds. If one might ask, what are the impact of the colossal recovered amount being bandied about in the media on the economy?

If Buhari were to leave office tomorrow, wouldn't these assertions on returning of so-called looted funds be debunked while the victims cite duress as the reason for whatever we are hearing now?

When are we going to start asking critical/germaine questions?

1 Like

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by designking: 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
Na so, very soon their eye go clear!!!
The criminals you are supporting are already corporating and you are still hating on Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by jahsharon: 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
This witch hunt is very interesting. Pleas when will wizard hunt start? Maybe we will be able to get next year budget spending from the wizard hunting. Jonathan and his gang of thieves! I am not surprised anyway afterall Jonathan's mother who does not work donated two units of a storey buildings to a university, I think Jonathan inherited stealing from his mother.

1 Like

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by holadguy(m): 12:09am On Jul 24, 2016
And after returning the money sir kuje is awaiting you

1 Like

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by ALTERNATEID: 11:57am On Jul 24, 2016
maestroferddi:
Nigerians elected Buhari to deliver the dividends of democracy and not to sponsor disseminating propaganda.
The only accomplishment of this administration is sponsoring media sensationalism of purported recovered funds. If one might ask, what are the impact of the colossal recovered amount being bandied about in the media on the economy?
If Buhari were to leave office tomorrow, wouldn't these assertions on returning of so-called looted funds be debunked while the victims cite duress as the reason for whatever we are hearing now?
When are we going to start asking critical/germaine questions?

Nigerians elected Buhari to fight corruption and he's doing a great job at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by gists: 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
The wailers association keep saying PMB should just focus on the economy and leave this fight against corruption. I wonder if their is something they are scared of, or if their leaders have something to hide.
Because they (i.e the wailers) fail to tell us how on earth will be economy be revived in an atmosphere as corrupt as this?
When someone agrees to refund N1.3b, it mean that money has already been embezzled. Without the fight against corruption, this huge amount would have been lost forever.
Omisore is from Osun state. The same wailers will come and blame a governor for not paying workers salary. Guess what, at the rate of N18,000 minimum wage, N1.3b will pay over 72,000 workers! I don't know if even the federal government workers are up to 72000 in number. Similarly, Olisa Methu's refund of N400m will pay the salaries of over 20000 workers.

My point is the president is on point. We just simply cannot build any economy without the determined fight against corruption - especially now that revenue are at all time low.

I voted for PMB just to implement a 2-point agenda i.e reduce corruption as much as possible and to eliminate insurgency. Every other thing (like economy, infrastructure etc) are just icing on the cake. Absolutely nothing can be built where these two reigns. So far, I'll score the president 70%. Insurgency/BH has been technically defeated but herdsmen rampaging and extra-judicious killing of preachers are just equally as bad as BH.

At this rate, if the president continue with his anti corruption fight and step up the fight on crime, I will not only vote for him again in 2019 (with my 10 fingers grin ) I will also campaign and do my best to make sure my entire circle of friends, family and associates also vote for him.

1 Like

Re: Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC by maestroferddi: 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
ALTERNATEID:

Nigerians elected Buhari to fight corruption and he's doing a great job at the moment.
I still maintain that APC will be history in Imo State as soon as Rochas leaves office.

I dont have the time to be bandying words with you as you are neither here nor there...

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: PDP Wins First House Of Reps Seat / Presidency Buhari Calls MMM Promoters Fraudsters, Maps Out Strategy To Stop MMM. / Mass Arrest At Ile Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.