Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? (27978 Views)

What Is The One Thing You Regret Not Asking Your Spouse Before Marriage? / HIV+ Woman Hides Her Status From Her Husband Before Marriage / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2016
crackhaus:

I never said marriage makes a woman happy.

Why should a woman regret motherhood?
Motherhood? shocked
As in, she regrets having kids?

YES!

And this woman is perfectly okay to you?

One?

It has been researched. Many women do. I was surprised, too. wink
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2016
crackhaus:

Girl let's have a little experiment, shall we?

- A broke man in his mid-thirties finally decides to get a wife. He knows it will be almost impossible finding a young educated city girl with ambition willing to marry him.
So what does he do?
He travels back to his hometown/village to seek out a beautiful unexposed, young uneducated/high-school drop-out to marry.
Will he be successful?

- A broke beautiful woman in her mid-thirties finally decides to settle down with a man. She knows her choice of men has narrowed down to older unmarried/divorced men.
She then tries to hook up with younger men.
How easy will it be getting a man(older or younger) willing to marry her?
Remember I said marry, not fvck... she will definitely see men that want to just chop and clean mouth.

grin

I believed your stories in my 20s and they even scared me. In my 30s I discovered that they were lies. Men become quite clingy and even desperate in their 30s and 40s. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by HaneefahRN(f): 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
Bolade005:
But you can make career sacrifices for your marriage to work? No?
Yeah, I can.
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
crackhaus:

Again using another celebrity, a billionaire for that matter to support your angle.

At what point are you going to come back down to earth? grin

What's wrong with this example?

I have friends who were divorced in their 30s and re-married in their 40s.
I have even seen women marrying in their 50s.

Since they are not famous, I can't show them to you but they exist.

5 Likes

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by crackhaus: 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

grin

I believed your stories in my 20s and they even scared me. In my 30s I discovered that they were lies. Men become quite clingy and even desperate in their 30s and 40s. cheesy
I gave you scenarios, not stories to scare you.

You haven't answered any of the questions, but I trust you to always come up with your usual tactful manoeuvres. gringrin
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Bolade005: 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

Tax benefits. grin

That's the only reason.

And who told you that I married young? wink
I admire your sense of humour.

Trust me, it's not hard to tell you can't be more than 26years old. You're a 90s baby and that's why I'm not so surprised at your judgement on certain topics.

And hey, it's okay to sometimes "follow crowd" , you don't have to be different always. I know deep down you know ALMOST everything in the OP is TRUE but you being you, you just have to disagree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
byvan03:

Yeah,its just an opinion, just like yours. At the end of the day we live whatever way that suit us wink.

I have evidence.

I will be glad to provide a compilation of female celebrities who married in their late 30s or even 40s. Some of them married, divorced and re-married.

Open your eyes.

3 Likes

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Bolade005: 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Yeah, I can.
Good.
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
Bolade005:

I admire your sense of humour.

Trust me, it's not hard to tell you can't be more than 26years old. You're a 90s baby and that's why I'm not so surprised at your judgement on certain topics.

And hey, it's okay to sometimes "follow crowd" , you don't have to be different always. I know deep down you know ALMOST everything in the OP is TRUE but you being you, you just have to disagree.

I look like a 90s child but I am not. cool

I am quite lazy this evening, it has been an extremely hot day but I will take my time to google ALL these women who married and remarried despite being older than 35+.
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by crackhaus: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

YES!

One?

It has been researched. Many women do. I was surprised, too. wink
You Mindfulness will type anything to support your argument, we know your way for hia... grin

You say it has been researched?
Well how about you conduct a research here... Ask your friends here who are mothers to find out which of them regret motherhood.
Also ask your female colleagues at work and get their responses.

I honestly don't know what utopian world you seem to have created in your head and then went on to convince yourself that it is reality. cheesycheesy

4 Likes

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
crackhaus:

I gave you scenarios, not stories to scare you.

You haven't answered any of the questions, but I trust you to always come up with your usual tactful manoeuvres. gringrin

I wonder why you are so concerned with the choices women make or are able to make today. cheesy

Whether they marry or not, have kids or not, what's your business in all of it?
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2016
crackhaus:

You Mindfulness will type anything to support your argument, we know your way for hia... grin

You say it has been researched?
Well how about you conduct a research here... Ask your friends here who are mothers to find out which of them regret motherhood.
Also ask your female colleagues at work and get their responses.

I honestly don't know what utopian world you seem to have created in your head and then went on to convince yourself that it is reality. cheesycheesy

I don't have to. There are people who were paid to do it.

Regretting Motherhood: A Sociopolitical Analysis

O
ver the past few decades
motherhood in Western societies has been widelydiscussed,challenged, andpolemically reworked ingenderandqueer studies and in feminist scholarship.
The bodies of knowledgeproduced by these intensive inquiries have made it possible to discuss themother and motherhood as cultural and historical constructs by which women are treated as a natural caregivers and through which womanhoodand motherhood are considered to be synonymous
ð
McMahon 1995; Arendell 2000
Þ
. Whereas within this ideological construct, “the mother”connotes a falsely pan-class, pan-ethnic, pan-gendered phenomenon, the works cited in note 1 have conceptualized the diversity of mothers as fleshand blood subjects, with their own feelings, needs, and desires along in-tersecting axes of race, ethnicity, nationality, disabilities, religion, ......

http://www.academia.edu/9820246/Regretting_Motherhood_A_Sociopolitical_Analysis

Love and regret: mothers who wish they’d never had children

Around the world, women are seeking an honest, open debate about what happens when you admit that motherhood isn’t everything you were told to expect

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/may/09/love-regret-mothers-wish-never-had-children-motherhood

Thank me later. cool
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by crackhaus: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

I wonder why you are so concerned with the choices women make or are able to make today. cheesy

Whether they marry or not, have kids or not, what's your business in all of it?
Now you're obviously getting tensed up.
We're just having a conversation, aren't we?

Just answer the darn questions...does the answer you know to be true scare you so much?

2 Likes

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Bolade005: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

I look like a 90s child but I am not. cool

I am quite lazy this evening, it has been an extremely hot day but I will take my time to google ALL these women who married and remarried despite being older than 35+.

You're a 90s baby.

I am sure you list will be full of celebs and millionaires.
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by byvan03: 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

I have evidence.

I will be glad to provide a compilation of female celebrities who married in their late 30s or even 40s. Some of them married, divorced and re-married.

Open your eyes.

My eyes are quite open to reality, I don't view through rose tinted glasses and celebrities are no yardstick for measurement. Like you said, it's my opinion and remains so. I won't try to change yours either , except you truly don't believe the things you are writing here, otherwise let's believe what we believe wink.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
crackhaus:

Now you're obviously getting tensed up.
We're just having a conversation, aren't we?

Just answer the darn questions...does the answer you know to be true scare you so much?

I am not getting tensed up dear. It's a question that has been on my mind for a while. What motivates you to jump on every thread like this?

Have you made it a mission to help women who may make mistakes and would regret it later?

And when I say, you are a feminist, you want to kill yourself. grin cheesy tongue

I have no fear. I have faith. wink
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
byvan03:

My eyes are quite open to reality, I don't view through rose tinted glasses and celebrities are no yardstick for measurement. Like you said, it's my opinion and remains so. I won't try to change yours either , except you truly don't believe the things you are writing here, otherwise let's believe what we believe wink.

Kontinu! cool
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by crackhaus: 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

What's wrong with this example?

I have friends who were divorced in their 30s and re-married in their 40s.
I have even seen women marrying in their 50s.

Since they are not famous, I can't show them to you but they exist.

I'm sure you have such friends.

Birds of a feather...and so on and so forth.

This is something to be looked forward to, happy for you baby girl. wink

2 Likes

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by crackhaus: 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

I am not getting tensed up dear. It's a question that has been on my mind for a while. What motivates you to jump on every thread like this?

Have you made it a mission to help women who may make mistakes and would regret it later?

And when I say, you are a feminist, you want to kill yourself. grin cheesy tongue

I have no fear. I have faith. wink

Okay.

So are we getting answers to the scenarios sometime this year?

1 Like

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
crackhaus:

I'm sure you have such friends.

Birds of a feather...and so on and so forth.

This is something to be looked forward to, happy for you baby girl. wink

I like to associate with people who are as brilliant as I am. cheesy

My encounters here are only a service to mankind. Free education.

Thanks baby boy. smiley

[size=3pt]You missed something yesterday. Next time, support your friends before they lose it. I still don't know if it was actually funny.[/size]
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by byvan03: 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

Kontinu! cool

grin grin

1 Like

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
crackhaus:

Okay.

So are we getting answers to the scenarios sometime this year?

You have gotten all the answers needed and more. wink

By the way, it doesn't matter what age anyone marries.
Just last year, a relative was left by her husband after 25 years of marriage. She was 17 when she met him and 19 when they got married.

There is no guarantee in life!

Any man or woman who thinks that marriage will save them from misery or loneliness, is gullible and out of touch with reality.

3 Likes

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by crackhaus: 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

I don't have to. There are people who were paid to do it.

O
ver the past few decades
motherhood in Western societies has been widelydiscussed,challenged, andpolemically reworked ingenderandqueer studies and in feminist scholarship.
The bodies of knowledgeproduced by these intensive inquiries have made it possible to discuss themother and motherhood as cultural and historical constructs by which women are treated as a natural caregivers and through which womanhoodand motherhood are considered to be synonymous
ð
McMahon 1995; Arendell 2000
Þ
. Whereas within this ideological construct, “the mother”connotes a falsely pan-class, pan-ethnic, pan-gendered phenomenon, the works cited in note 1 have conceptualized the diversity of mothers as fleshand blood subjects, with their own feelings, needs, and desires along in-tersecting axes of race, ethnicity, nationality, disabilities, religion, ......

http://www.academia.edu/9820246/Regretting_Motherhood_A_Sociopolitical_Analysis

Love and regret: mothers who wish they’d never had children

Around the world, women are seeking an honest, open debate about what happens when you admit that motherhood isn’t everything you were told to expect

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/may/09/love-regret-mothers-wish-never-had-children-motherhood

Thank me later. cool
Thanks for the links, much appreciated.

Now will you conduct your own research to compare with what those writers came up with?
I distinctly remember you telling me not to believe everything I read on the internet.

Meanwhile, let me help you begin:
Shaybebaby, do you have any regrets being a mother?

1 Like

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
crackhaus:

Thanks for the links, much appreciated.

Now will you conduct your own research to compare with what those writers came up with?
I distinctly remember you telling me not to believe everything I read on the internet.

Meanwhile let me help you start:
Shaybebaby, do you have any regrets being a mother?

grin grin grin grin grin

You are the coolest feminist on NL. tongue
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by crackhaus: 7:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

Just last year, a relative was left by her husband after 25 years of marriage. She was 17 when she met him and 19 when they got married.

Any man or woman who thinks that marriage will save them from misery or loneliness, is gullible and out of touch with reality.

I agree with this completely.

I haven't gotten no answers from you, but it's okay...never mind.
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
crackhaus:

I agree with this completely.

I haven't gotten no answers from you, but it's okay...never mind.

What was the question again? tongue
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by crackhaus: 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

I like to associate with people who are as brilliant as I am. cheesy

My encounters here are only a service to mankind. Free education.

Thanks baby boy. smiley

[size=3pt]You missed something yesterday. Next time, support your friends before they lose it. I still don't know if it was actually funny.[/size]
Lol..indeed I missed a lot, especially the pics that got you and Shaybebaby into an uncontrolled hormonal frenzy tongue cheesy
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by crackhaus: 7:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

grin grin grin grin grin

You are the coolest feminist on NL. tongue
Barf grin
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
crackhaus:

Lol..indeed I missed a lot, especially the pics that got you and Shaybebaby into an uncontrolled hormonal frenzy tongue cheesy

I don't want to be a bully so I won't post IT. lipsrsealed
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by HaneefahRN(f): 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

I agree with this. Marriage guarantees nothing. Lots of people are living miserable lives being married, but do not want to get out cos of what the Society would say, and fears of unknown. Being married doesn't mean being happy, nor save from loneliness. If a person makes a wrong choice of spouse, it's like hell on Earth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
HaneefahRN:

I agree with this. Marriage guarantees nothing. Lots of people are living miserable lives being married, but do not want to get out cos of what the Society would say, and fears of unknown. Being married doesn't mean being happy, nor save from loneliness. If a person makes a wrong choice of spouse, it's like hell on Earth.

True!

Suffer and smile tings.

1 Like

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by crackhaus: 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

What was the question again? tongue
The USAF hasn't even learned how to conduct aerial tactical manoeuvres better than you do here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abandoned Baby - Benkingsley Humanitarian Act( Then And Now ) / Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) / Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.