Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,342 members, 7,954,398 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:06 PM

FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) (20863 Views)

Nigerian Football Players And Their Wives/Girlfriends (Photos) / Super Eagles Players And The Cars They Drive (Photos) / Dalung Sends Two U-23 Players And Three Officials Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:00am On Jul 24, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

cool What kind of logic is this? So because the media does not hype an event means the event is CRAP? Bia, which school produced you? cool
Yea it is , cos if the NPFL is so much fun , Hard tackle on Brilla FM every morning won't be about the foreign leagues only , there won't be anything like Football live during the weekends cos they discuss the European leagues only .

Do you know the hundreds if not thousands waiting for August to come ? The return of the big leagues , the EPL , La Liga , ChampionsChampions League .
Come on Man , even the South African league is very much better than this .

1 Like

Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:06am On Jul 24, 2016
mmsen:

Fans have been stabbed attending Champions League games in Europe.

Some have been killed as a result of attending games in Turkey.

English fans are notoriously violent. Likewise Russians and other eastern European football fans.

Whilst this is an unfortunate incident this is mild compared to what happens in other parts of the word.
And they are penalised after doing such ! Could you please tell me what the LMC or whatever has done so far to prevent this .
Nothing , absolutely nothing .

Have you ever heard or seen Mr Ed Woodward , F.Perez , Josep Bartomeu , K.H Rummenige , R. Abramovich get onto the pitch of play to beat up an opponent
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by bodejohn(m): 12:07am On Jul 24, 2016
Stanleywaxy:

So , getting a Shooting stars Jersey and going to the stadium doesn't improve the league.

The league IMO should be scrapped .

There was a thread some days ago...one dude was asking pastors to talk on behalf of Nigerians because there was suffering in the land while he seats in the comfort of his own room.

Who exactly are you expecting to develop the Nigerian league? God abi or Angels?
Which one came first in Europe? People went to watch the local league or the league improved before they went to watch?

During the beginning of last season in Ibadan...the VIP ticket for a game was N500, people will pay and not find seats because people who came in with complementary (free) tickets had taken all the choice spots.

Then we started complaining...and guess what during the mid season break, the management of 3sc numbered all the seats in the VIP section of the stadium...when you buy a ticket, the number on it automatically becomes your seat number...

You wouldn't even need to ask any to standup from your seat...just call the stewards and the dude on your seat will be asked to leave. The VIP section came to live and the management started making some money no matter how small.

In the last election some people said...there was no good candidate hence they didn't vote...guess what they are enjoying part of the suffering now...maybe their votes could have upturned the results...

We need to participate in Nigeria for things to get better.....the only things most Nigerians are good at is complaints...no action or at best we say cancel it....delete it....remove it...
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by Emilokoiyawon: 12:16am On Jul 24, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Yea it is , cos if the NPFL is so much fun , Hard tackle on Brilla FM every morning won't be about the foreign leagues only , there won't be anything like Football live during the weekends cos they discuss the European leagues only .

Do you know the hundreds if not thousands waiting for August to come ? The return of the big leagues , the EPL , La Liga , ChampionsChampions League .
Come on Man , even the South African league is very much better than this .

cool Use your head now: EPL did not become EPL (or La Liga) because the British people (or Spaniards) abandoned it when it was not popular. Football is a PLAYERS - SPECTATORS game. The players feed off the spectators and vice versa. If Nigerians start embracing the NPFL then you will see a marked improvement in the performance of the teams/players - its that simple. How can we become a great footballing nation if we continue to abandon our own league and embrace our opponents leagues? Again - have you watched (or seen highlights) of a Rangers' game this season? Even Sunshine FC and MFM were playing some beautiful football at the beginning of the season. Don't judge something by popular perception - use your own eyes to observe the situation (aka watch the league) then judge. cool
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:20am On Jul 24, 2016
bodejohn:

There was a thread some days ago...one dude was asking pastors to talk on behalf of Nigerians because there was suffering in the land while he seats in the comfort of his own room.

Who exactly are you expecting to develop the Nigerian league? God abi or Angels?
Which one came first in Europe? People went to watch the local league or the league improved before they went to watch?

During the beginning of last season in Ibadan...the VIP ticket for a game was N500, people will pay and not find seats because people who came in with complementary (free) tickets had taken all the choice spots.

Then we started complaining...and guess what during the mid season break, the management of 3sc numbered all the seats in the VIP section of the stadium...when you buy a ticket, the number on it automatically becomes your seat number...

You wouldn't even need to ask any to standup from your seat...just call the stewards and the dude on your seat will be asked to leave. The VIP section came to live and the management started making some money no matter how small.

In the last election some people said...there was no good candidate hence they didn't vote...guess what they are enjoying part of the suffering now...maybe their votes could have upturned the results...

We need to participate in Nigeria for things to get better.....the only things most Nigerians are good at is complaints...no action or at best we say cancel it....delete it....remove it...
So , did we travel to Europe to see their games before we started watching it here ? Or do we watch their games cos of the number of fans in their stadium ?
What are you even saying ?
How many people support Arsenal , Man united all over the world ?
Was it the English fans that made us to start having so much love for their league ?
The answer is no .

They brought in business to their game , we don't even have a sports television apart from the SuperSports we use here , which originally belongs to south Africa , SkySports belongs to Britain , same with ESPN , Bein sports and the rest of them .
They didn't start airing matches cos fans started turning up to watch matches .
We have much to handle in this country , so am not expecting them to pay much attention to the league .
Just look at the athletes who'll represent this country @ the Olympics being asked to raise their funds by themselves .

1 Like

Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:22am On Jul 24, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

cool Use your head now: EPL did not become EPL (or La Liga) because the British people (or Spaniards) abandoned it when it was not popular. Football is a PLAYERS - SPECTATORS game. The players feed off the spectators and vice versa. If Nigerians start embracing the NPFL then you will see a marked improvement in the performance of the teams/players - its that simple. How can we become a great footballing nation if we continue to abandon our own league and embrace our opponents leagues? Again - have you watched (or seen highlights) of a Rangers' game this season? Even Sunshine FC and MFM were playing some beautiful football at the beginning of the season. Don't judge something by popular perception - use your own eyes to observe the situation (aka watch the league) then judge. cool
I don't need to watch anything . It's boring
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by Emilokoiyawon: 12:25am On Jul 24, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
I don't need to watch anything . It's boring

cool No vex I made the mistake: I thought you were reasonable. cool
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by nell2: 12:32am On Jul 24, 2016
ikarm17:
[size=13pt]This is why most ibos run to Yorubaland.

No peace in the SE again embarassed

If you tell an Ibo man to move his 2x2 shop from Ladipo to Aba or Enugu, he'll curse you.[/size]
face topic and stop yarning like a new born baby. Leave Lagos, leave lagos, if they lagos, how will you generate revenue for lagos .abii u dont know pple from dat ur side are generally lazzy

1 Like

Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by bodejohn(m): 12:45am On Jul 24, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
So , did we travel to Europe to see their games before we started watching it here ?
d the rest of them .
Just look at the athletes who'll represent this country @ the Olympics being asked to raise their funds by themselves .

I see you are not following my thoughts...
The current EPL was founded in 1992, how many games was running live on tv and across the world as at then?

Some clubs play in the lower divisions...how many of them do you know? But go to their home grounds you will see the fans wearing their jerseys and supporting them.

If we don't build the brands no one will come and see it or support it...have you seen a single EPL game with empty stadium?

A long time ago....iwayaun nationale...abiola babes were popular and privately owned... until these Nigerians could no longer support them....but lately...we have mfm...ifeanyi uba...ikorodu utd...the relegated Giwa FC coming up while dangote is running to London to go and buy arsernal...even abramovic has a club in Russia.

On a final note...everybody in Nigeria need to come together to build the nation we desire...we've done enough of pushing the bulk...and it has not helped us.

Pick a local club...support them by paying to watch them....buy their jerseys...see if they won't make more money and pay the players well. You will be surprised how you can contribute to improving the quality of the league and Nigeria in general.
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by stagger: 1:17am On Jul 24, 2016
What stops Nairaland from floating a football club, listing it on the stock exchange and the close to 2,000,000 members here contribute N10,000 each for the club to take off? Pick players from the villages and get a world class coach to hone their skills?

You think any club in Nigeria will be able to match such a club with such funding? The problem is that Nigerians are inherently selfish. That is why even the private guys want to have their names stamped on the club so the club can be seen as just another of their list of assets.

- ABIOLA Babes
- IFEANYIUBAH fc
- IWUANYANWU Nationale
- GIWA fc
- etc etc.

Do you see a club like TP Mazembe bearing the name of the governor of Katanga province in DRC even though he is single-handedly bankrolling the club, their stadium, private jet, etc?

2 Likes

Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by BOKO52(m): 4:07am On Jul 24, 2016
Am In Support Of The Attack On Ifeanyi Ubah Fc, We Need Revenge On What They Did To Heartland Fc When They Visted Nnewi Some Months Back Where The Owner Of the Clap Slap One Of Heartland Player and Their Fans Beat up Our Fans too, They are Even Lucky That I was Not In Owerri Yesterday.. My Heart Bleeds For My Darling Club Heartland Fc.
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by muller101(m): 5:22am On Jul 24, 2016
jerryfisher:
must u comment?
must you quote me?
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by Humulity: 5:24am On Jul 24, 2016
I saw this happening coming.
You remember what happened during the first stanza when Ifeanyi Ubah FC hosted Heartland earlier in the year. Even the club president Ifeanyi Ubah himself was involved in attacking Heartland players right inside the field of play even when the game was still on.
However, holiganism should be discouraged. LMC had already fined Ifeanyi Ubah FC, even the club president apologised for his action. So for Heartland fans to behave this way is very wrong.
Thank God no life was lost. LMC should please act fast.
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by chiefobdk(m): 6:50am On Jul 24, 2016
ikarm17:

If you tell an Ibo man to move his 2x2 shop from Ladipo to Aba or Enugu, he'll curse you.[/size]

Yea peace in the south west

https://www.nairaland.com/3244659/rapist-baddo-burnt-alive-ikorodu/5#47833199
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by KomonSense: 8:23am On Jul 24, 2016
muller101:
RIP
Please we weren't told that anybody died ooo
Just making #CommonSense
More pics from www.get9jasports..com
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by onetouch04: 8:26am On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=callydon post=47823847]Reports getting to us shows that the players and fans of FC IfeanyiUbah were attacked after their match today at Owerri.
Most of their players were attacked with over 40 fans seriously injured and many others still not accounted for as at the time of writing this report.
Biafra attack Biafra for revenge. Shame on us.
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by excel4us: 9:52am On Jul 24, 2016
AM FROM IMO STATE AND I DON'T SUPPORT THIS ACT.GOD HELP OUR LOCAL LEAGUE.MEANWHILE,I REP ENYIMBAFC
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by excel4us: 9:56am On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=onetouch04 post=47835337][/quote] THE WORST AND DANGEROUS ENEMY OF IGBO MAN IS IGBO MAN.IS A NAKED TRUE AND SHAMEFUL.
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by temptnow: 10:33am On Jul 24, 2016
ikarm17:

E dey pain you sey na we develop and get lagos abi? Don't worry you will remain miserable for the rest of your life.
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by Stanleywaxy(m): 10:44am On Jul 24, 2016
bodejohn:

I see you are not following my thoughts...
The current EPL was founded in 1992, how many games was running live on tv and across the world as at then?

Some clubs play in the lower divisions...how many of them do you know? But go to their home grounds you will see the fans wearing their jerseys and supporting them.

If we don't build the brands no one will come and see it or support it...have you seen a single EPL game with empty stadium?

A long time ago....iwayaun nationale...abiola babes were popular and privately owned... until these Nigerians could no longer support them....but lately...we have mfm...ifeanyi uba...ikorodu utd...the relegated Giwa FC coming up while dangote is running to London to go and buy arsernal...even abramovic has a club in Russia.

On a final note...everybody in Nigeria need to come together to build the nation we desire...we've done enough of pushing the bulk...and it has not helped us.

Pick a local club...support them by paying to watch them....buy their jerseys...see if they won't make more money and pay the players well. You will be surprised how you can contribute to improving the quality of the league and Nigeria in general.

If there was no television to view it back then , how then did the likes of Bobby Charlton have video tapes , they were all showing on the TV before it matured , talking about second division teams , i guess you have a Dstv . Do me a favor , when the new season starts , tune in to SkySports news @ 10pm every Saturday/Sunday night and see the highlights from the English 1st division teams to the last and also Scottish 1st division teams to the last , nothing has improved here Sir .
Can you please tell me why they don't go on preseason as well ... What has that got do with the fan

1 Like

Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by medpren: 11:36am On Jul 24, 2016
hummerwise:

This is unacceptable... Just hope when the ban start rolling in... Some people wont be shouting marginalization....
Saddening if this is tru..

What is this yoruba man saying?
Re: FC Ifeanyiubah Players And Fans Attacked In Owerri (photos) by Princedapace(m): 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
ikarm17:

There's nothing to see there else everyone would be running to the easy. The case is the reverse.

Well...u aren't learned at all...

There are many landing there...like many and many... U know what...stop sitting in ur comfort and assume all is well outside bro.. I really wish I can see u face to face and we talk...like talk...sentiment out of this. We can really talk well. Bro... Don't say what u av not observed.. I av been to all the regions in Nigeria and I'm proud of it...I can speak... I think south west people are the least travelled in Nigeria , I mean within the country. During my service year...I noticed it. U see bro.. There are people that have this traveling thing in them...Hausa and Igbo people are such people. There are so many Hausa business and dwellers in the south east.. They even have their own communities there.. Yoruba people don't really travel within the country that much, it is natural. And that imaginary statent that people arent running to south east is a falancy baba... Travel bro... If u think south east is villagetic and backward...why not take up adventure and go to such a village and backward cities.. Why not leave ur heaven like and Paradise like south west and visit such backward place? Dont forget, there are many whites who travel down to Africa every day to come see the backward continent... Educate ur self and travel.. Few nights in Owerri will change ur life bro.. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home / Odion Ighalo May Be Jailed In Spain For Bribing To Get Drivers License / Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.