Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Is Paul A False Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Paul A False Christ (583 Views)

Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? / What Scriptures Is Paul Referring To In 1 Cor 15:4 / How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Paul A False Christ by pdppower: 6:40am On Jul 24, 2016
By Femi Aribisala

Paul seduces Christians from following Jesus into following him.

Jesus warns: “False christs and false prophets will arise and perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect. But be on guard; I have told you all things beforehand.” (Mark 13:22-23).

Paul performed many signs and wonders. (Acts 19:12). Today, the word of Paul is presumed to be the word of Jesus. Indeed, Christians use Paul’s word to preach far more than that of Jesus. Can Paul be one of the “false christs” Jesus warns us about? The evidence suggests so.

Jesus’ impersonation

Paul met Jesus as a disembodied voice on Damascus Road. Nevertheless, he says: “It pleased God, to reveal his Son in me.” (Galatians 1:15-16). This indicates he is determined to present himself as something of a reincarnation of Christ. He then commends the Galatians: “Though my condition was a trial to you, you did not scorn or despise me, but received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 4:14). But Paul is not Jesus, so why in heavens name should he want to be received as Jesus?

Paul says: “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.” (Galatians 2:20). He even says he has Jesus’ crucifixion marks in his body. (Galatians 6:17). However, Jesus never says anyone would be crucified with him; not even figuratively. Instead, he says his disciples must carry their own crosses: “If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.” (Matthew 16:24).

Rather than be crucified with Christ, Jesus maintains his disciples should lay down their lives for others, just like he does: “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:12-13).

Paul’s impersonation of Christ continues with his assertion that he has “the mind of Christ.” (1 Corinthians 2:16). But the same Paul says: “I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.” (Romans 7:19). This double-minded confusion is certainly not suggestive of someone who has the mind of Christ.

Obeying Paul

Paul insists unquestioned acceptance of his tenets is the sole determinant of true spirituality: “If anyone thinks that he is a prophet, or spiritual, he should acknowledge that the things I am writing to you are a command of the Lord. If anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized.” (1 Corinthians 14:37-38).

He insists whatever he says must be deemed to come directly from God. Accordingly, he commends the Corinthians: “When you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13). This should send alarm-bells ringing to true believers.

Whoever disobeys Paul must be ostracized: “If anyone does not obey what we say in this letter, take note of that person, and have nothing to do with him.” (2 Thessalonians 3:14). Paul then threatens the disobedient with the witchcraft of “weapons of warfare” which he claims are “mighty in God for pulling down strongholds.” (2 Corinthians 10:4).

Saviour of men

Jesus says: “I will build my church.” (Matthew 16:18). Nevertheless, Paul usurps Christ’s position by claiming to be the one who laid the foundation of the Church of God: “God was kind and let me become an expert builder. I laid a foundation on which others have built.” (1 Corinthians 3:10). However, he refuses to build on another man’s foundation. (Romans 15:20).

He personalises the gospel, calling it “my gospel” (Romans 16:25); a claim even Jesus does not make. If Paul’s “gospel” seems dubious to anyone, he insists it is because the person is blind: “If our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them who believe not.” (2 Corinthi

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/s-paul-a-false-christ/
Re: Is Paul A False Christ by Oche211(m): 6:54am On Jul 24, 2016
Femi has gone mad again. Who will chain him?
See a corrupt man analysing the bible. Indeed, this is the last days.
Re: Is Paul A False Christ by Osmondinho(m): 7:46am On Jul 24, 2016
To me, the bible is like the Hebrews History book, a double-edged sword that can strike from any face, a coin with different face that can be use for good and bad.

What I suggest is, just believe in God. Its better that way, from what you see and experience in ur daily life as human, I bet you have had an encounter with ur God.

What I don't subscribe to is, bunch a clever guys forming a church, preaching and trying to instil their own faith on me.

*SayNoToOrganizedTithing

1 Like

Re: Is Paul A False Christ by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 24, 2016
Take Femi's words with a pinch of salt, before you stray !!!
Re: Is Paul A False Christ by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2016
[size=35pt]PAUL VS JESUS[/size]
Re: Is Paul A False Christ by malvisguy212: 10:24am On Jul 24, 2016
pdppower:
By Femi Aribisala

Paul seduces Christians from following Jesus into following him.

Jesus warns: “False christs and false prophets will arise and perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect. But be on guard; I have told you all things beforehand.” (Mark 13:22-23).

Paul performed many signs and wonders. (Acts 19:12). Today, the word of Paul is presumed to be the word of Jesus. Indeed, Christians use Paul’s word to preach far more than that of Jesus. Can Paul be one of the “false christs” Jesus warns us about? The evidence suggests so.

Jesus’ impersonation

Paul met Jesus as a disembodied voice on Damascus Road. Nevertheless, he says: “It pleased God, to reveal his Son in me.” (Galatians 1:15-16). This indicates he is determined to present himself as something of a reincarnation of Christ. He then commends the Galatians: “Though my condition was a trial to you, you did not scorn or despise me, but received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 4:14). But Paul is not Jesus, so why in heavens name should he want to be received as Jesus?

Paul says: “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.” (Galatians 2:20). He even says he has Jesus’ crucifixion marks in his body. (Galatians 6:17). However, Jesus never says anyone would be crucified with him; not even figuratively. Instead, he says his disciples must carry their own crosses: “If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.” (Matthew 16:24).

Rather than be crucified with Christ, Jesus maintains his disciples should lay down their lives for others, just like he does: “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:12-13).

Paul’s impersonation of Christ continues with his assertion that he has “the mind of Christ.” (1 Corinthians 2:16). But the same Paul says: “I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.” (Romans 7:19). This double-minded confusion is certainly not suggestive of someone who has the mind of Christ.

Obeying Paul

Paul insists unquestioned acceptance of his tenets is the sole determinant of true spirituality: “If anyone thinks that he is a prophet, or spiritual, he should acknowledge that the things I am writing to you are a command of the Lord. If anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized.” (1 Corinthians 14:37-38).

He insists whatever he says must be deemed to come directly from God. Accordingly, he commends the Corinthians: “When you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13). This should send alarm-bells ringing to true believers.

Whoever disobeys Paul must be ostracized: “If anyone does not obey what we say in this letter, take note of that person, and have nothing to do with him.” (2 Thessalonians 3:14). Paul then threatens the disobedient with the witchcraft of “weapons of warfare” which he claims are “mighty in God for pulling down strongholds.” (2 Corinthians 10:4).

Saviour of men

Jesus says: “I will build my church.” (Matthew 16:18). Nevertheless, Paul usurps Christ’s position by claiming to be the one who laid the foundation of the Church of God: “God was kind and let me become an expert builder. I laid a foundation on which others have built.” (1 Corinthians 3:10). However, he refuses to build on another man’s foundation. (Romans 15:20).

He personalises the gospel, calling it “my gospel” (Romans 16:25); a claim even Jesus does not make. If Paul’s “gospel” seems dubious to anyone, he insists it is because the person is blind: “If our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them who believe not.” (2 Corinthi

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/s-paul-a-false-christ/
old topic, this post has been debunked long time ago. Read here https://www.nairaland.com/3176944/did-paul-contradict-jesus-christ#46770594
Re: Is Paul A False Christ by pdppower: 10:29am On Jul 24, 2016
malvisguy212:
old topic, this post has been debunked long time ago. Read here https://www.nairaland.com/3176944/did-paul-contradict-jesus-christ#46770594
Might be old, but check today's Vanguard

1 Like

Re: Is Paul A False Christ by pdppower: 10:30am On Jul 24, 2016
It seems Femi Aribisala really has some score to settle with Paul. His write ups these days are just to tackle Paul.

1 Like

Re: Is Paul A False Christ by malvisguy212: 10:38am On Jul 24, 2016
pdppower:
Might be old, but check today's Vanguard
read the link I paste. If paul condemn circumcision, why did He circumcised timothy ? The jews took circumcision has a mean of salvation, this is what paul is condemning.

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Islam Revealed / Oldest Evangelist In Nigeria, Pics / Help Needed On My Prayer Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.