Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? (17230 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 11:09am On Nov 13, 2016
After T.B Joshua failed with his prophecy on the US elections, I have started to wonder how these pastors become revered prophets.

In the bible, there is a prophecy that in the end-times, there would be a lot of deceivers and false prophets.

I am just wondering how christians know that their pastors are not false?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 11:38am On Nov 13, 2016
cc kingebukasblog, pastorAIO, winner01, naijadeyhia, deepsight, hopefullandlord, felixomor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by PastorAIO: 11:44am On Nov 13, 2016
20But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, orf who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ 21And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— 22when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by sinaj(f): 11:49am On Nov 13, 2016
I go to church to serve God nd not because of any prophet or pastor.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 11:52am On Nov 13, 2016
sinaj:
I go to church to serve God nd not because of any prophet or pastor.

but if your pastor is fake, then the church is fake and therefore, no grace to be found there....

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by sinaj(f): 11:56am On Nov 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

but if your pastor is fake, then the church is fake and therefore, no grace to be found there....
the grace is in you.

We are all running a different race and the church can't be fake.

10 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by alBHAGDADI: 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
sinaj:
the grace is in you.

We are all running a different race and the church can't be fake.
pls, run away from such church cos his false doctrines will one day sink into you and destroy you.

God can't allow a false prophet to head his church. So, if your church has a false prophet, then the church in its entirety is false. FLEE

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by sinaj(f): 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
pls, run away from such church cos his false doctrines will one day sink into you and destroy you.

God can't allow a false prophet to head his church. So, if your church has a false prophet, then the church in its entirety is false. FLEE
and the question is, How do u knw a fake prophet?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by alBHAGDADI: 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
sinaj:

Mathew 7:16

"By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"

Private jets
Universities
Jeeps
Mansions
Prosperity Gospel
Tithes
dustless shoes grin
etc

The above are just a few of the fruits you can use to recognise a false prophet or church.

I love you so much, my sister. I want you to start by googling on Christmas and Easter to see more truths.

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by sinaj(f): 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:

Mathew 7:16

"By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"

Private jets
Universities
Jeeps
Mansions
Prosperity Gospel
Tithes and offerings
Christmas and Easter
etc

The above are just a few of the fruits you can use to recognise a false prophet or church.

I love you so much, my sister. I want you to start by googling on Christmas and Easter to see more truths.
lol.
you are a witness I guess

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
sinaj:
lol.

not necessarily

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by alBHAGDADI: 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
sinaj:
lol.
Am not a witness. Not only witnesses bear such beliefs.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

JESUS SAID BY THEIR FRUITS WE SHALL KNOW THEM, check the church you are attending if you are growing spiritually, your peers that attend the same church how is their christian life, after uve heard the word of God in the church, how do u come out, how do u feel, many pastors nowadays good twisters of the bible, good in comedy, they don't have a good testimony? Brother/ sister what is your testimony, as a christian, jesus said in john 14 vs 30 he said I will not talk much with you for the prince of this world cometh and hath nothing in me.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by deleo16(m): 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
when all he is doing is contrary to what Jesus did, he can't ACT.,Behave,emulate exactly what Jesus did, said and how he act then I know he needs prayer to act right read "the final quest" by Rick Joyner to understand more
2.spiritually you need more closeness to Him by studing his word,meditation and prayer once relationship deepens with GOd he will open your eyes of understanding to know.the more we neglect our self centered life and focus more on him relationship deepens.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
How do I know my prophet isn't false? Simple. His prophecies come to pass.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Elthugnificent(m): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
If he never claims to have a direct line to some creator.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by alBHAGDADI: 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2016
Masikay:
Telling Nigerians that there will be numerous new born babies in 2016 like pastor Adeboye does, right?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by lepasharon(f): 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
Masikay:

And the prophecies are?
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
lepasharon:

And the prophecies are?

I'm referring to Christ. I think Christians should be more "Christlike" and less religious. All this.. I believe in this pastor and that pastor.. That's trash. I believe in Christ. Fullstop.

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by wonlasewonimi: 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
sinaj:

They always have the key combination to gate of hell.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Telling Nigerians that there will be numerous new born babies in 2016 like pastor Adeboye does, right?

Lol.. I'm just hearing this now. But yea. What if numerous babies were actually born this year? I want to point out sha, that I'm not a redeemer or winner or part of whatever church Adeboye leads

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JSoE(f): 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:

This got me LOL.
You're good at this,bro. You know them psycho god of men and their baseless guess-game(prophecies) very well. Na so daddy Adeboye go dey play with their intelligence.
He'd be like 'there will be harmattan by December, a politician will die, ...' and the mumu followers will be screaming Amen as if people are meant to live forever or that harmattan isn't supposed to come.
Those folks? I don't know how they manage to shut down their brains at that point cos I tried shutting mine down like that when I was a christain. It simply didn't work.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by alBHAGDADI: 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
Masikay:

Lol.. I'm just hearing this now. But yea. What if numerous babies were actually born this year? I want to point out sha, that I'm not a redeemer or winner or part of whatever church Adeboye leads
Which year has never experienced numerous newborn babies?

He chose to make use of that cos he knows no year goes by without numerous babies born.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Which year has never experienced numerous newborn babies?

He chose to make use of that cos he knows no year goes by without numerous babies born.

But.. Is true o.. Lol.. That's why I don't believe in pastors. We should just leave religion and follow Christ..

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by DeepSight(m): 3:10am On Nov 14, 2016
JackBizzle:
After T.B Joshua failed with his prophecy on the US elections, I have started to wonder how these pastors become revered prophets.

In the bible, there is a prophecy that in the end-times, there would be a lot of deceivers and false prophets.

He argues on his facebook page that she won the popular vote and i presume on his behalf that vox populi vox dei.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by texanomaly(f): 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
JackBizzle:

Interesting strategy...Pose a question and let the discussion unfold. No arguing, no jumping all over anyone who disagrees, no hardcore maneuvering? Wow! Has the "boy" become a man?

alBHAGDADI:

This one got ROFL cheesy

DeepSight:

He argues on his facebook page that she won the popular vote and i presume on his behalf that vox populi vox dei.

Ahhh but we now know she actually didn't even win the popular vote. kiss

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by PastorAIO: 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
texanomaly:

Exactly! I heard that last last it was Trump that won the popular vote.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by paulGrundy(m): 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
The bible says in deuteronomy that if a prophet prophesy a thing and it didn't come to pass, then he did not speak from God, therefore he is a false prophet. There is no explanation or two ways about it.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
paulGrundy:
The bible says in deuteronomy that if a prophet prophesy a thing and it didn't come to pass, then he did not speak from God, therefore he is a false prophet. There is no explanation or two ways about it.

Straight to the point!

Some of our pentecostal brothers should learn from this rather than writing convoluted epistles trying to defend daddy GO

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by DeepSight(m): 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
texanomaly:

Really? How do you mean?
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by texanomaly(f): 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
DeepSight:

Really? How do you mean?

I mean the crooked media covered and lied as long as they could. Now it is known that she lost the popular vote too.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by jonbellion(m): 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
JackBizzle:

lol
They don't

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer / Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud / Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.