Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Why Does Govt Allow Oro Festival? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Does Govt Allow Oro Festival? (663 Views)

MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu / How Oro Festival Paralysed Activities In Ikorodu Town, Lagos / Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Govt Allow Oro Festival? by Uchemelvin2004(m): 8:17am On Jul 24, 2016
I've been hearing about the Oro festival before I came to serve in Ogun state. For those that don't know, during the festival, women and strangers are not allowed to come outside, you'll be killed if you disobey. A month ago a man was killed at Sango Ota because he came back late and obviously ran into the "Oro" people. I think this tradition should be stopped by government before it is too late. (I wonder what will happen if they kill a soldier during the festival)
Re: Why Does Govt Allow Oro Festival? by Funjosh(m): 8:24am On Jul 24, 2016
How many women or strangers have they killed since you arrived Ogun state And if their is any can you compare it to the numbers of people killed during crisis.

Its part of the people culture and traditions as long as the people obey their forewarned instructions nothing will happen.
Re: Why Does Govt Allow Oro Festival? by soberdrunk(m): 8:27am On Jul 24, 2016
Why does govt allow church crusades? Answer this and i will answer ur question......
Re: Why Does Govt Allow Oro Festival? by Uchemelvin2004(m): 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
We are talking about a festival that limits the movement of people in the 21st century, it's really backward in my own opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Weird-villagers Dig Up Bodies Of Dead Relatives In Bizarre Ceremony / Why Is The Soceity Acceptable To Fornicators And Hostile To Homosexuals? / Oba Aboyomi Die, Lagos And Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.