Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Traders Protest In Benue Over Tax Policies Of Ortom (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traders Protest In Benue Over Tax Policies Of Ortom (photos) (9103 Views)

Rumors Of Ortom's Plans To Join PDP Heightens As He Reconciles With Suswam / Herdsmen: Group Protests In Abuja, Calls For Immediate Arrest Of Ortom, Ishiaku / Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders Protest In Benue Over Tax Policies Of Ortom (photos) by omenka(m): 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
herzern:
Tax are money paid to Government to increase Government revenue and prompt the existence of infrastructural facilities and development in the state

In as much as I would have love to support this Orton's tax policy....I think I will stand firm aqainst it...

All levels of Niqeria government aren't trustworthy...they collect this tax and distribute amonq party members....they spend it on their families....atleast we saw the Arms deal..

[size=28pt]I stand against oppression[/size]
Ortom mata choke no be small. The most annoying was earlier this year when BIRS people turn FRSC, locking down Makurdi metropolis all in the name of generating revenue!!

Very confused man.
Re: Traders Protest In Benue Over Tax Policies Of Ortom (photos) by seguno2: 11:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
What is the governor doing with the taxes he collected?
He should tell the people who pay the money.
Re: Traders Protest In Benue Over Tax Policies Of Ortom (photos) by ayaside(m): 12:26am On Jul 25, 2016
I wonder what the security situation is like
Re: Traders Protest In Benue Over Tax Policies Of Ortom (photos) by muri4mig(m): 3:26am On Jul 25, 2016
90 % of those protesters are HIV posiive
Re: Traders Protest In Benue Over Tax Policies Of Ortom (photos) by phamouspsalm(m): 8:02am On Jul 25, 2016
muri4mig:
who be dis one?
Re: Traders Protest In Benue Over Tax Policies Of Ortom (photos) by thedarams: 8:05am On Jul 25, 2016
#eye of the mind:
With all modesty, I've always maintained that the crop of governors we have these days are so lazy and lame mentally. The only thing they ever think of when they want to increase their IGR is to descend on the poor traders,farmers,artisans,okada riders,motor transporters and civil slaves called servants. You will be shocked that a governor will be boasting that his predecessor was making an IGR of #100m monthly but when he took over, he has increased it to #500m monthly. Then ask him how he has done it, no other explanation than the method analogous to snatching of bag and arm-twisting someone just to forcefully collect from them what dilligently belongs to them. Their common style is to pounce on the poor masses by increasing their daily ticket fee from say #100 before to about #500 without adding any value to how the people are making the money. They go about harassing them and impounding their wares if they refuse to pay the crazy unwarranted bill. Meanwhile these people are not enjoying any support whatsoever from govt, yet they are being oppressed with obnoxious taxation. Some people make reference to UK and US in terms of taxation, forgetting that taxation is a mutual contract between govt and the people; give me power electricity so that I can preserve my perishable goods before I finish selling, in Nigeria, our women throw away items like vegetables(leaves,okra,pepper,tomato), meat, fish, corn, fruits etc because no power supply. Where are the roads provided by govt that connect the farms to the markets? How is govt helping them to move their goods to the market in terms of transportation? Where is the fertilizer and at what subsidy? What of the herbicide and pesticide, at what price? What of the farm implements and machinery?
I myself, am a farmer, I lost nearly a truck-load of corns last year due to collapsed farm road at the peak of rain, then having lost more than 80percent, then one dumb govt is now lurking around to collect WHAT from me? Then you expect me to gladly pay and return to such venture next season? For instance, when my boss went to UK for his masters, their project was on planting asparagus off season..a govt driven initiative. Meaning they can now harvest fresh asparagus throughout the year irrespective of whatever season. What are we seeing here? Even the agric extension workers are no more. The only role the governors play is how to share the money from Abuja(even an slowpoke can perform that function), then they give a matching order to their revenue collecting agencies to force money out of the pockets of the poor innocent masses(that's the work of an armed robber). My simple advice to you the Pharaoh governors: go and learn from Lagos, their taxes are majorly from companies and Industries. Go and attract industries and investments to your states and tax the investments NOT collecting from the already poor and impoverished people to pay salaries and service yourselves.
Re: Traders Protest In Benue Over Tax Policies Of Ortom (photos) by DonCortino: 9:55am On Jul 25, 2016
APC's plan is to impoverished nigerians period!
Re: Traders Protest In Benue Over Tax Policies Of Ortom (photos) by DonCortino: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2016
ohenhen1:
But if you don't want to pay taxes don't expect government services.

Which services has d government provided?
Re: Traders Protest In Benue Over Tax Policies Of Ortom (photos) by idupaul: 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2016
muri4mig:

Your next HIV test will be positive

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Seeks Identification Of 19.5m Cows, 72.5m Goats / We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP / Wike A Man Of Conviction, Character, Courage – Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.