Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Fear Of The Mirror....(write Up By Dindy) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fear Of The Mirror....(write Up By Dindy) (372 Views)

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 148/overcome The Fear Of Succ / The Monster In The Mirror / Fear (Mystery) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fear Of The Mirror....(write Up By Dindy) by Dindy(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
FEAR OF THE MIRROR=>{WRITE UP BY DINDY)
do not share without talking to me personally and asking for permission,thank you for reading this write up...

The mirror has never been my friend, it has always tormented me. Any time I look into the mirror, I see a reflection,I see someone who is not where he is ought to be,I see a glory not yet finalised, I was not sure if the reflection I saw was mine, I was ashamed of my reflection,I saw marks of the darkness within me, I saw a reflection of my old age,I saw a reflection of my low self esteem ,I saw a person who couldn't be loved by anyone,I saw a downing life,I hate the reflection I saw.
When I looked into my eyes,there was no fire,no light, what I saw was only darkness. I was crying in pain but there was no tears not even a droplet of tear came out,seeing my reflection was like looking at a person who killed the one i loved the most. The pain within me was; like a kid that lost his mother in a war front, and seeing how other people and kids where murdered caused the kid (me) more pain. That was the type of pain I felt.
The more I looked into my reflection the more ashamed I feel,I wish shame was death (the thoughts of a frustrated person because they don't fully know what death gives).
But a voice came to me right from my heart, telling me things like 'look at you,you look so useless,see what you look like,see how stupid you look'.The voice hammered me so badly, causing a bridge of angry,pain and emotional swings.
With anger I broke the mirror and it shattered into pieces. Right there I stood, and looked at the broken mirror on the floor.
Still looking at my shattered reflection,what I saw was a monster, which made me to wonder how I became a monster of hate and anger.
Another voice came to my hearing saying, 'A SHATTERED MIRROR, IS A MIRROR OF OPPORTUNITY TO LOOK AT YOURSELF IN DIFFERENT WAYS AND SIZES'.
Then I looked at myself on the shattered mirror and said, 'NO MATTER HOW I JUDGE MYSELF, IT WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING IT WILL ONLY MAKE ME A MONSTER OF MY OWN LIFE'.
After saying that,I became happy looking at my reflection..(well I guess the voice was right, I look more good looking on a shattered mirror)... Then I pick up the pieces, and tried to put it back together, I know the mirror can never be the same again, but It made me realise, that no one can come between you and your life except you.
Now I wake up every morning looking at the mirror.. (the shattered mirror I tried to fix)...which gives me hope, and makes me smile everyday.
The once known mirror of pain and anger is now my best friend of immeasurable happiness,life is sweet and fun with a best friend like mine.
MY NAME IS NNAMDI AKA DINDY AND I WROTE THIS WRITE UP.LEARN FROM WHAT YOU READ NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND.THANKS FOR READING........WRITE UP BY DINDY AKA NNAMDI.........whatsapp number:07087750433.... email@:ossynnamdi@gmail.com or ossynnamdi@outlook.com facebook name:ossy nnamdi.......Skype: 07087750433 or ossynnamdi@outlook.com

(1) (Reply)

Write Up By Dindy: Relationship / Vacancies For Writers / Tales From A Convict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.