Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? (862 Views)

Let Me Ask You, Is He God? - Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Johnson Suleiman / Ramadan 2016: 5 Ways To Show Solidarity To People On This Islamic Month / Ask The Qur'an And Then Ask The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by Denko2721987(m): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2016
I recently created a topic about a video posted on youtube about a man visibly very upset judging by his reaction about what seems like a discovery he made after reading a book called - (The People Vs Muhammad).. To check out the video, just open youtube.com and type this in the search box (Watch the priceless reaction of a
Muslim when he came to know about the TRUE DEEN !), cos if i post the youtube link, this thread/topic might be taken down the next second..

Now after creating the topic i mentioned above (about a week ago), people as usual had been airing their opinions and making requests about the book through commenting which include muslims, christains, atheists etc all alike with some posters bashing each other in the process (muslims and christains from my observation) which has become the norm in almost all threads on nairaland. But throughout this thread, the only posts i made as i clearly recall was sending the download link of the so-called book (The People Vs Muhammad) to people requesting for it which to my surprise is been frantically censored as witnessed by the closure of several other similar threads relating to this book by the mods of nairaland for reasons i cant really pin-point to or comprehend. People (muslims and christains) have been posting their emails requesting for copy of the e-book which is in my possession and which i have been forwarding to them with a clear mind. Suddenly today, while trying to inform someone who requested for a copy of the book by quote informing him that i have sent the book, i clicked on quote to reply him, only for me to see 'An Islamic Declaration' asking me in other words to denouce my faith and swear an Oath that i am a muslim before allowing me to continue with my quote which is not in any way insultive.

This is not the first time mods on nairaland seems to be doing this as it has become clear they are purposely censoring all threads related to Islam even when such a thread isnt malicious (while allowing threads against Christainity to flourish) or any information containing links to download this so-called book (The People Vs Muhammad) and its so appalling and strange to say the least.

I would have posted an image capture of the declaration but cant at this moment. But the declaration reads like this -

* Are You A Muslim?

"I believe that there no god/God but Allah ."

"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."

"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."

"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu- llāh."

With two reply options -

Yes, I'm Muslim and believe all of the above

No..

I dont want to be quick to jump into the conclusion of branding this strange and funny development on nairaland as a conspiracy or on religious or prejudial grounds. But i really want to understand what this means and why there seems to be a consented effort by the mods to censor any post or link relating to this book (The People Vs Muhammad).. I thought we had freedom of information and expression or opinions as long as it doesnt cause any harm to anyone... Or are we now in communist countries like China who are the masters of social media censorship or Iran, Saudi arabia and the likes..

Pls i need answers cos its not funny at all.. Whats this?

Cc- lalastical or whatsever his moniker is and their Oga..
Re: Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
Just because you can't go there and insult their religion...is that why you feel so pained undecided

pass your complaints with the email:
Mods: Lalasticlala,Mynd44,OAM4J...A blockable thread here.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by hymanflex(m): 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
crusadistic:
Just because you can't go there and insult their religion...is that why you feel so pained undecided

I want to believe you read the post and you were in your right mind while reading it........cos for the past few minutes, I've been trying to figure out how your comment correspond with the post.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by udatso: 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
You can ask the mods directly. You don't need help in asking them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by Denko2721987(m): 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
crusadistic:

Thanks for ur suggestion but did u say pained There is a clear wanton voilation of freedom of expression going on in this forum and u talking about pained?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by Denko2721987(m): 11:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
Well well.. Its becoming clear this book (cos am yet to start reading it) holds an unsettling information or secrets some people arent comfortable with people knowing about it and nairaland mods are part and parcel of that agenda to stop the flow of information from this book... Its becoming crystal clear..
Re: Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by Denko2721987(m): 11:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
udatso:
You can ask the mods directly. You don't need help in asking them.

ok, i will do just that.. Thanks
Re: Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by Denko2721987(m): 11:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
hymanflex:

I want to believe you read the post and you were in your right mind while reading it........cos for the past few minutes, I've been trying to figure out how your comment correspond with the post.

Abeg help me ask this guy oh..
Re: Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by Empiree: 12:05am On Jul 25, 2016
Denko2721987:

Abeg help me ask this guy oh..
Actually the video you posted with the guy yelling for no reason is wrongly and deliberately misinterpreted by christian extremist. Read what your fellow christian who speak arabic has to say about it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3245083/exposed#47838883

So the video itself misrepresents Islam in violation of nl perhaps #myopinion

Anyways, you have the right to complain whatever you want.

#yourfreedom
Re: Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by Denko2721987(m): 8:52am On Jul 25, 2016
Empiree:
Actually the video you posted with the guy yelling for no reason is wrongly and deliberately misinterpreted by christian extremist. Read what your fellow christian who speak arabic has to say about it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3245083/exposed#47838883

So the video itself misrepresents Islam in violation of nl perhaps #myopinion

Anyways, you have the right to complain whatever you want.

#yourfreedom

fine which is why i was asking people for their opinions cos i am aware alot of mis-information spreads everywhere online. But what about the information the book (The People vs Muhammad) is trying to pass across or should we just throw the water away along with the baby in the bath becos the bath is dirty? (considering the guy who exposed the misinterpretation in the video affirms the fact that what the book says is true).. Anyway that's another question for another thread.. Subsequently why didnt the mods just close or remove the thread with stated reasons. Why locking the replies aspect of the thread with an Islamic declaration (i never insulted anyone or made any remarks against Muslims or Islam) thereby allowing only Muslims who accepts the Declaration to comment or reply the thread which automatically keeps every other person who isnt a Muslim out. Does that make any sense? Do they also use Christain declarations for threads that doesnt appeal well to Christains which are all over the forum and which even their oga S*eun* creates from time to time without the said declaration? I only see this as a strong case of hypocritsy and prejudice, nothing less..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by Empiree: 10:46am On Jul 25, 2016
+
Denko2721987:

fine which is why i was asking people for their opinions cos i am aware alot of mis-information spreads everywhere online. But what about the information the book (The People vs Muhammad) is trying to pass across or should we just throw the water away along with the baby in the bath becos the bath is dirty? (considering the guy who exposed the misinterpretation in the video affirms the fact that what the book says is true).. Anyway that's another question for another thread.. Subsequently why didnt the mods just close or remove the thread with stated reasons. Why locking the replies aspect of the thread with an Islamic declaration (i never insulted anyone or made any remarks against Muslims or Islam) thereby allowing only Muslims who accepts the Declaration to comment or reply the thread which automatically keeps every other person who isnt a Muslim out. Does that make any sense? Do they also use Christain declarations for threads that doesnt appeal well to Christains which are all over the forum and which even their oga S*eun* creates from time to time without the said declaration? I only see this as a strong case of hypocritsy and prejudice, nothing less..
As for the book, you think Muslims are worried about it?. To you it is "breaking news". To Muslims, it is old, same old allegations. What you dont know, you dont know. We are used to it. Get yourself educated. It is bcus you sniffed around looking to find fault with islam is the reason you think what the book says it new. Anyways, those allegations brought are nothing but 1400 yers of old trash that have been refuted.

Maybe you should read our responses here
https://www.nairaland.com/3239137/lets-read-book-people-vs

Also
https://www.nairaland.com/3244852/parisbookaddict-did-say-excellent-book

Who cares what is said in the book. Get yourself educated about islam and stop being fed misinformation. You are free to read the book. Thats your freedom. As for other allegations you brought abut NL, sort that out with mod. Let me quickly give you a hint, the reason for "declaration of faith" before commenting in muslim section was bcus of christian and atheist extremists who are hell bent on insulting islam and posting adult content pictures and other reasons as well.. You are not barred for commenting in the section. Just behave yourself after you click on the phrase. That's all.

The video has noting to do with the book. It is fake. Thats the work of your christian brothers spreading cheap propaganda to confuse and deceive people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by Denko2721987(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
Empiree:
+As for the book, you think Muslims are worried about it?. To you it is "breaking news". To Muslims, it is old, same old allegations. What you dont know, you dont know. We are used to it. Get yourself educated. It is bcus you sniffed around looking to find fault with islam is the reason you think what the book says it new. Anyways, those allegations brought are nothing but 1400 yers of old trash that have been refuted.

Maybe you should read our responses here
https://www.nairaland.com/3239137/lets-read-book-people-vs

Also
https://www.nairaland.com/3244852/parisbookaddict-did-say-excellent-book

Who cares what is said in the book. Get yourself educated about islam and stop being fed misinformation. You are free to read the book. Thats your freedom. As for other allegations you brought abut NL, sort that out with mod. Let me quickly give you a hint, the reason for "declaration of faith" before commenting in muslim section was bcus of christian and atheist extremists who are hell bent on insulting islam and posting adult content pictures and other reasons as well.. You are not barred for commenting in the section. Just behave yourself after you click on the phrase. That's all.

The video has noting to do with the book. It is fake. Thats the work of your christian brothers spreading cheap propaganda to confuse and deceive people

Oga i've heard u, but did u say sniffing around? Lolz, i wish u knew me in person but for the record, I am a Deist (of Christain background) for ur info - mainstream religions has caused enuf problems for the world in reality for me to begin sniffing out facts thats so clear to my God-given consciousness, the discerning mind and the naked eyes.. I am and will always try to maintain the discipline of been an objective person always wanting to be plain and sincere when doing things and dealing with people.. Am not saying this to sound appealing to u, but thats just me - I detest bias be it against a christain, jew, muslim or what-have-you.. Now, are u saying Muslims dont bash other believe groups on nairaland? I can quote tons of posts made by some Muslims against Christain threads just in the same way some christains do in muslim threads and no such declaration was stamped on such christain thread as a means to regulate insults coming from the muslims or other believe groups.. So thats my points.. Why the lack of straight forwardness and objectivity in the enforecement and application of rules and actions that clearly affects all parties.. Why giving preferential treatment to one over the other?? Thats my major case here bro.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Ask the Mods The Meaning Of This Islamic Declaration? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
Denko2721987:

Oga i've heard u, but did u say sniffing around? Lolz, i wish u knew me in person but for the record, I am a Deist (of Christain background) for ur info - mainstream religions has caused enuf problems for the world in reality for me to begin sniffing out facts thats so clear to my God-given consciousness, the discerning mind and the naked eyes.. I am and will always try to maintain the discipline of been an objective person always wanting to be plain and sincere when doing things and dealing with people.. Am not saying this to sound appealing to u, but thats just me - I detest bias be it against a christain, jew, muslim or what-have-you.. Now, are u saying Muslims dont bash other believe groups on nairaland? I can quote tons of posts made by some Muslims against Christain threads just in the same way some christains do in muslim threads and no such declaration was stamped on such christain thread as a means to regulate insults coming from the muslims or other believe groups.. So thats my points.. Why the lack of straight forwardness and objectivity in the enforecement and application of rules and actions that clearly affects all parties.. Why giving preferential treatment to one over the other?? Thats my major case here bro.

Better person, abeg help me with the book na.

Obatala@hmamail.com

(1) (Reply)

How The Church Is Bleeding Africa / Hunger / Donald Trump” -Pastor TB Joshua Reveals New Prophesy About Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.