Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta (16470 Views)

Why I Sued Fayose – Aisha Buhari / Fayose & Aisha Buhari Fights, US Finally Exposes Her Alleged Crime / Why Aisha Buhari Launched Her Beauty Book In Buhari's Absence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by HungerBAD: 4:16am On Jul 25, 2016
By Aidoghie Paulinus

WIFE of the president, Aisha Buhari has explained why he sued Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose. Mrs. Buhari who spoke through

her counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta of Mary Ekpere & Co, Legal Practitioners said she took the decision to let the public know that “nobody is above the law.”

She is suing Fayose for defamation of character. Ekpere-Eta also said that “most importantly,” suing Fayose was to let the public know that “the immunity

clause is inexhaustible. It can be unveiled in certain instances.”

Fayose had on July 8, 2016, through his lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome said

Mrs. Buhari should wait till October 16, 2018, when he would be leaving office

before having recourse to the law, premising his position on the immunity

clause which precludes him from any legal attack.

But Mrs. Buhari disagreed, saying the law also presupposes and presumes that any person holding a position of authority should be responsible.

“And when such a person conducts himself irresponsibly, the clause of immunity maybe unveiled,” she said.

While expressing hope that justice would be done in the case, the president’s wife stated that Fayose ought to be a role model in the society as a governor.

Buhari also said getting justice in the case would have nothing to do with the influence of the first family, noting that the judiciary of Nigeria was doing its best and cannot be influenced by anybody irrespective of the office, but works strictly according to the rule of law. On the confusion between the Jefferson case and the Halliburton scandal, Mrs. Buhari said it was the duty of Fayose to enlighten the public about his facts.

Counsel to the president’s wife had written a letter dated June 22, 2016, to Governor Fayose, demanding a retraction of the governor’s statement that the president’s wife was involved in the Halliburton scandal. She threatened legal action if the retraction wasnot made within five days.

But in the letter dated July 8, 2016, Ozekhome affirmed that the statement made regarding the involvement of Mrs. Buhari in the Halliburton scandal was “correct and justified in law, having regards to a court judgment convicting one Mr William Jefferson for bribery in the Halliburton case.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/why-i-sued-fayose-buharis-wife/

5 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by BlackSeptember: 4:21am On Jul 25, 2016
Aishaliburton and corruption

63 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by BlackSeptember: 4:24am On Jul 25, 2016
She is suing Fayose for defamation of character. Ekpere-Eta also said that “most importantly,” suing Fayose was to let the public know that “the immunity

clause is inexhaustible. It can be unveiled in certain instances.”

You want to bring a civil suit to a governor that enjoys immunity?

I pray Aisha gets arrested in US for being corrupt and daft

58 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by blacktwist(m): 4:35am On Jul 25, 2016
sue him.... though I hate fayose.... but this guy's self confidence is just too encouraging

3 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by koladebrainiac(m): 4:38am On Jul 25, 2016
Make i dey look
Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by SamMilla1(m): 4:40am On Jul 25, 2016
Go to America and save us the drama.
People are hungry and don't have strength to go to court except the selective few you feed your Halliburton Rice.

32 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:42am On Jul 25, 2016
Going to America would have saved you from all these stress.

42 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by Nobody: 4:44am On Jul 25, 2016
sad
Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by eleko1: 5:38am On Jul 25, 2016
sad sad I can't but pity Fayose.His behaviour is not ordinary, he sure need deliverance of the head. To all deranged/thieves supporters from that sun-down side shouting Aishaburton, Fayose go soon join una directionless dilector in his cage.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by textilemania(m): 5:42am On Jul 25, 2016
The cowleg will surely end in kirikiri backyard angry angry
Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by Juxtified(m): 5:44am On Jul 25, 2016
Inflation is going up. The economy is crumbling. The federal government doesn't know what to do. So they bring in something new every week to distract us from the true realities on ground.
That is the true reason why you sued Fayose.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by blackpanda: 5:48am On Jul 25, 2016
blacktwist:
sue him.... though I hate fayose.... but this guy's self confidence is just too encouraging

Not self confidence, more like stupidity. He has successfully dug his grave. 2018 will be a very interesting year

5 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by blackpanda: 5:49am On Jul 25, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Will u pay her tfare

4 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:52am On Jul 25, 2016
blackpanda:

Will u pay her tfare
only if she agrees to travel to US

18 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by blackpanda: 6:04am On Jul 25, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Loooolzz

U wen neva see garri chopn na u wan sponsor person to US. Oya na, bring the money she is ready

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by eleko1: 6:07am On Jul 25, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
see persin wey dey waka from Oshodi to Ajegunle wan pay for Mama Daura Airfare to Amelika. U beta use dat money do biz, if u have am.

4 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by eleko1: 6:10am On Jul 25, 2016
wink grin cheesy grin cheesy
blackpanda:

Loooolzz

U wen neva see garri chopn na u wan sponsor person to US. Oya na, bring the money she is ready
grin
blackpanda:

Loooolzz

I weAk jare.Nothing persin nor go hear/see here.

1 Like

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 25, 2016
please watch his videos, don't listen to the media about him.... you'll realise he's a saint

blacktwist:

2 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 25, 2016
another useless thread from Aisha Buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by DaBullIT(m): 6:23am On Jul 25, 2016
If she sued him , i have not heard, and i'll be very interested in the story and the trial , We must know how much they'll charge him

1 Like

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by Firefire(m): 6:58am On Jul 25, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

You want Amelika to arrest her, abi ?

Aisha Buahary, if dem born you well, travel go Amelika.

9 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by Justiyke4u: 7:45am On Jul 25, 2016
Immunity is now a veil that can be lifted in certain circumstances? Even after giving him/her a clue to wait till 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by Category1: 7:52am On Jul 25, 2016
[size=15pt]if she travels to the US all these will stop lol...just travel madam and let's hear word.[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by holadguy(m): 7:52am On Jul 25, 2016
Fayose finally get what he asked for,why do you have to go for his wife when her husband decided not to take any action towards your badmouthing about him

1 Like

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by Integrityfarms(m): 7:53am On Jul 25, 2016
Wasted Suit till Fayose leaves office! Immunity is still on him!

2 Likes

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by AntiWailer: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2016
Immunity should be for responsible people I agree.

If you can insist that what you said about some one is true, you should push ur immunity aside to prove it in court.

Who hides under immunity to Slander or defame people because
ObaKlaz:
I'll say this again: Nigerians can be ridiculously daft and stupid. Aisha sued Ayodele - they said "she should have saved herself the headache by just traveling to States". Now she's got a trip to the States scheduled - they're saying "...So she's going to waste taxpayer's money on a phony trip" YOU ALL DESERVE WHERE YOU ARE AND THE KIND OF LEADERS YOU GET 'COS YOU'RE NO BETTER!

I just taya for the way they think.

Some one once said it is a win win for them. NO MATTER what happens, they will come up with silly conspiracy theory.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by falconey(m): 7:53am On Jul 25, 2016
naija I hail

folks morning y'all don't forget to vote falconey t, how do I vote ? go to the voting thread in fashion section and post " I VOTE FALCONEY CC NLJEGA" on the thread . stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by Kenny223(f): 7:55am On Jul 25, 2016
Carry your wahala go
Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 25, 2016
America will know (the real reason) ...GEJ

1 Like

Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by Trapnews: 8:02am On Jul 25, 2016
Kenny223:
Carry your wahala go
undecided
Re: Why Aisha Buhari Sued Fayose - Aisha's Counsel, Mary Ekpere-Eta by gen2briz(m): 8:03am On Jul 25, 2016
Na lawyer this change pay pass... . Sueing here and there

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTO: Gov. Aregbesola Visits Gov. Ambode / Uche Secondus Calls For The Immediate Resignation Of INEC Chairman, IGP Idris / Kagara Abduction: Kidappers Threaten To Starve The Schoolboys To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.