Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,129 members, 7,856,507 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 09:13 PM

The Madness Of Our Leaders - By Babatoks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Madness Of Our Leaders - By Babatoks (618 Views)

RUMBLINGS FROM THE Creek...and Gentle Whispers Of True Leaders By Ena Ofugara / Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) / Why Nigerians Must Constantly Challenge Their Leaders, By P. Obahiagbon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Madness Of Our Leaders - By Babatoks by davizzy: 8:18am On Sep 17, 2009
The new EFCC boss, Mrs Farida Waziri told a visiting delegation of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) led by Olisa Agbakoba, NBA President that here in Nigeria too many persons in public office are mentally ill.

The Guardian reports, "Most of the negative character traits exhibited by public officers in the country, especially massive looting of the treasury, are symptoms of mental illness”

In Sam Vaknin’s “The Psychology of Corruption” in Malignant Self Love (1999 -2007) states -“politicians with mild forms of mental health disorders react by de-compensation. They rob the state and coerce businessmen to grease their palms because it makes them feel better, it helps them to repress their mounting fears and frustrations, and to restore their psychodynamic equilibrium. These politicians and bureaucrats "let off steam" by looting”.

These are a few excerpts from an article written by Babatoks at http://www.naijastique.com/blog/view/id_16/title_The-Madness-Of-Our-Leaders/

I agree with the author, the sad thing is that it is not only the rulers who have become mad, madness has become the rule in every sector of society, just watch the way motorists and okada riders behave, you will see lunacy displayed.

We have become a people who have lost their minds to corruption and no longer show any shame in being corrupt.

What we need is a great upheaval, a social earthquake to bring change to this nation.
Re: The Madness Of Our Leaders - By Babatoks by kosovo(m): 9:23am On Sep 17, 2009
no comment!
Re: The Madness Of Our Leaders - By Babatoks by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 17, 2009
davizzy:

The new EFCC boss, Mrs Farida Waziri told a visiting delegation of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) led by Olisa Agbakoba, NBA President that here in Nigeria too many persons in public office are mentally ill.

The Guardian reports, "Most of the negative character traits exhibited by public officers in the country, especially massive looting of the treasury, are symptoms of mental illness”

In Sam Vaknin’s “The Psychology of Corruption” in Malignant Self Love (1999 -2007) states -“politicians with mild forms of mental health disorders react by de-compensation. They rob the state and coerce businessmen to grease their palms because it makes them feel better, it helps them to repress their mounting fears and frustrations, and to restore their psychodynamic equilibrium. These politicians and bureaucrats "let off steam" by looting”.

These are a few excerpts from an article written by Babatoks at http://www.naijastique.com/blog/view/id_16/title_The-Madness-Of-Our-Leaders/

I agree with the author, the sad thing is that it is not only the rulers who have become mad, madness has become the rule in every sector of society, just watch the way motorists and okada riders behave, you will see lunacy displayed.

We have become a people who have lost their minds to corruption and no longer show any shame in being corrupt.

What we need is a great upheaval, a social earthquake to bring change to this nation.

Again, LIES!

The problem is that Yaradua is either corrupt or has no will power to enforce laws that will checkmate those bastards, including Waziri herself.
By the time those laws are enforced, the so-called "mentally ill" leaders will have sit up or be cut off.
Re: The Madness Of Our Leaders - By Babatoks by puskin: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2009
When U are mandated by law 2fight corruption nd instead U choose 2wine nd dine wit the corrupt.
R U urself not corrupt, oops I forgot "mentally ill".
Re: The Madness Of Our Leaders - By Babatoks by kokoA(m): 10:07am On Sep 17, 2009
The woman is accepting her madness grin Good for Nigeria.
Re: The Madness Of Our Leaders - By Babatoks by citizenY(m): 11:44am On Sep 17, 2009
WETIN MY EAR SEE, MY EYE NO FIT TALK AM,

FARIDA IS IN A BETTER POSITION TO DIAGNOSE THESE TRAITS.

MY WORRY NA D SOLUTION embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

MEND Extends Ceasefire By 30 Days / Power Failure Paralyses N/assembly ( I Come Laugh Small) / Attempt To Kidnap Egwu Foiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.