Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Dawn Of An Era - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dawn Of An Era (2148 Views)

Dawn Of The Prophecy( 1st Episode Of The Movie) / The Dawn Of An Alpha / Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2016
COPYRIGHT: All rights reserved.This composition is a fictional work of art.All characters and locations in this work are fictional,any form of similarity or mention of real entities in this work is strictly unintentional.
This work belongs in its entirety to the monicker named Evarn.
DAWN OF AN ERA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
DAWN OF AN ERA By Evarn

A fantastic epic fantasy work.Set in the world of Garth.A tale of treachery,brutal politics,religion and war spanning across five great continents.
Dawn of an era features a young boy from a remote border village in Anuria,Tergon d'artexes,whose ruthless ambition propels into a new reality at a time of surging political upheaval.
Sit tight and read a thrilling work of art that will leave you hungry for.
WARNING: Update will be relatively slow,but fear not,this fiction will not be abandonned nor dragged out to the point of boredom.
RATING 18+: Extreme sexual content and some vulgar remarks.Extreme gore and violence.

1 Like

Re: Dawn Of An Era by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
Am following frm the very front seat.... Kwontinue
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
21th year of the reign of Emperor Gwendor D'anzzaini IV,Overlord of the Council of
Dukes,Imperator of Great Anuria,Emperor of all Anuria.

The fat white sun of Garth beamed its harsh rays on the busy village of little fay,even the summer breeze was hot and dry.A knackered looking dog trudged up the dust filled street,tongue lolling out and ears drooping,dogding under moving carts of hay and avoiding the legs of hasty farmers.
The village of little fay was a busy farm settlement on the empire's border with Galbonia,separated only by strips of towering mountains.
Summer in little fay meant harvest,and with harvest came trade.
For the ninety-sixth time,Tergon,son of Euthar d'artexes wondered why the great god vogor had to create the sun in the first place.As he piled another cart full of hay,he wondered if vogor was a sadist diety who derived pleasure from watching mere mortals get baked to pulp under the scorching sun.The mule gave a distressed grunt,stamping a hooved hind-limb on the dry ground.

1 Like

Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
Tergon coughed as dust flew into the air,when his coughing fit passed,he straightened and glared at the mule who returned his outrage expression with a baleful stare of its own.Tergon fumed even more at the mule's insolent disregard for his predicament,then deflated when he realized how ridiculous he must look,engaging in a staring match with a mule of all things.
He patted the mule,"I know,just keep still for a moment longer"
the mule grunted as if in acceptance and stood still.
Tergon sighed,he had always dreamed of being a warrior,to visit the great cities of the empire; kobeth,bellon,kendron,valaz and even the imperial capital of perth.He had once dreamed of sailing through the pale sea to explore other continents; rogosa,fresland,barbarus,kursk,such sweet dreams for a local farmboy in the dark corner of Anuria.
"daydreaming again?",that was paelor,the blaksmith's apprentice and his best friend.

1 Like

Re: Dawn Of An Era by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2016
Even though, the updates are too short, am Still following though... Ride on
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2016
SmartestPopQUEEN:
Even though, the updates are too short, am Still following though... Ride on
Thank you.All I need is your comments,criticism,ideas and encouragement.I plan to give at least 5 updates per day,every 4 hours.I also plan to write a sequel or sequels.What do you think thus far?
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
"vogor forbid that I commit such a heinous crime" tergon retorted dryly,he prodded the mule and the hay ladden cart rolled forward towards the barn.
"Master Ingoth sent me to your father," paelor rumbled in his gravely voice,the leather sack slouched across his broad shoulder gave a metallic clink,"the new horse-shoes are ready"
"father is in the barn,come on paelor,this is my last haul",tergon said as he watched a fat duck fly up and settle on the hay-cart with a pleased croak.
"quite a harsh summer this year" paelor observed and then squinted at tergon,"you seem on the verge of dropping dead like a sack of bones"
"I appreciate the metaphor paelor,why,you would do well in one of old odjen's theatre shows" tergon quipped,the barn was only a few feets away,he prodded the mule to go faster,and it obliged at the sight of shelter and prospect of water.
"have you heard that lyan is to become old mistress salisa's apprentice"
"she'd make a good healer" tergon replied,steeling himself for what he knew was coming.

1 Like

Re: Dawn Of An Era by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
EVarn:
Thank you.All I need is your comments,criticism,ideas and encouragement.I plan to give at least 5 updates per day,every 4 hours.I also plan to write a sequel or sequels.What do you think thus far?
well, well, the story is just getting started, isn't it? Buh as a writer myself, i will be following this thread bumper to bumper... I woun't criticized, cos i know what it takes to write, not to talk of being a good writer... Just don't endeavor to keep the updates flowing.
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 8:31am On Jul 26, 2016
paelor sighed,"I hear she'd see her 18th cycle by winter"
"you hear many things" tergon replied,"quit mooning over Lyan,you know she is promised to diggory,whose father incidentally is the head of the village council"
"easy for you to say,you are as pretty as a girl,all the girls flock after you,even the old crones dote on you",paelor wiggled his bushy eyebrows suggestively,"remember old mistress walpurga?"
"quit being such a buffoon paelor",mistress walpurga had been a doting old woman who was once the owner of the three stallions tarvern,she had later sold the place and gone to live with her son in Bellon.

Tergon thought about paelor's words.He knew that he was handsome to the point of almost being effeminate,everyone said so anyway.This was quite a sharp contrast to paelor who was tall and muscular,with thick arms honed from months of swinging an hammer and forging steel.Paelor had short brown hair,a bushy brow,and a hooked nose that complimented his face and gave him a perculiar elegance.

1 Like

Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 9:41am On Jul 26, 2016
Tergon on the other hand had glossy black that fell below his shoulders,eyes of the most vivid blue and a pale skin tone that made him an odd but exotic Anurian.

They arrived in the barn only to be greeted by Euthar's disapproving frown
"Took you long enough,son?"
"Master Euthar",paelor greeted from behind tergon
"ah,paelor my boy",Euthar said,breaking into a genial smile,"I trust that ingoth is well?"
"he sent his greetings,along with the horse shoes you requested for"
"splendid!,right when I needed them",Euthar helped paelor witg hefting the leather sack off his shouder,"you boys can go on,work is almost done for today"

Both boys hurried off towards the three stallions.

The tarvern owner,mistress Gena,a plump middle-aged woman with round cheeks and a permanent blush,welcomed them with a warm smile.Soon,twin mugs of watered beer were set down in front of them.Paelor protested at the beer's lack of strength and only got a pat on his shoulder for his troubles,with tergon snickering at the scene.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dawn Of An Era by Ultimategeneral: 12:21am On Jul 27, 2016
Following bro
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
Great city of perth,capital of Anuria

Emperor Gwendor D'anzzaini IV stared out the balcony of the tower beliza at the sprawling city of perth,the spidery network of cobbled streets and winking oil lamps made the city appear like a gaint beautiful gem.Even high up in the quater of nobles where the imperial palace and tower beliza along with other palaces belonging to wealthy merchants,dukes,and Imperial ministers were located,the strong smell of spice and the sonorous sound of musical instruments were prominent: a testament to perthian love of spice and merry-making.
The emperor,a man in his 67th cycle,was tall and reedy with pale silvery hair,eyes like lapis lazuli and a short oily moustache that seem to grow out of his hawk-beak nose.
The greak oak doors opened,and a bald-headed eunuch slipped into the chamber,his slippered feet making almost no sound on the polished tiles of the chamber.
"Your majesty," he bowed himself to the ground until his head touched the cold marble

1 Like

Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 1:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
"speak",came the cold reply of the emperor
"High priest Diemocles seeks your audience,your majesty",the eunuch said with head still bowed
"send him in"
"yes your majesty",the eunuch rose and hastily went to do as he was bidden.High priest Diemocles was a fat balding man with beady eyes and a thin pointed goatee which was clipped with silver ribbons.As he swept into the chamber in a swirl of purple silk,the emperor turned from his inspection to him,a cold smile on his face.
"Your majesty",Diemocles said with a waist deep bow,then straightened,"I bring news of strange omens"
"Indeed",the emperor's brows furrowed as he pinned the podgy man with his gaze,"and do I dare inquire the nature of these strange omens"
"Your majesty,I fear that dark times approaches,great vogor spoke by an oracle this morning",the high priest replied unperturbed
"I tire of your word play Diemocles,speak!"
"The oracle spoke a prophesy: the sun of Anuria shall be drenched in shadow!,by word and steel shall the world be doomed"

1 Like

Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
Diemocles surveyed the emperor's face as he relayed the grave news,the emperor was known for his iron-clad control of emotions,even now,the man's countenance never betrayed any glimpse of his thought.
The emperor watched as the high priest caressed his beringed fingers with a silent scoff,the man enjoyed obscene display of wealth and luxury.Nonetheless,he was a powerful and equally dangerous political figure,by the virtue of his ecclesiastical office; nothing galvanize the people better than religion.
It was high priest diemocles that broke the tense silence
"I shall convene the council of presbyters before the full moon",he said,"with your permittion,of course",he added as a breezy afterthought
The emperors lips curled into a cruel smile
"I cannot imagine that you need my permittion on such a blatantly religious affair",his tone was silky and chilly,"nevertheless,we must make an oblation to vogor,that he may guide us to the light"
The oak door opened to permit the same eunuch that had came in earlier.

1 Like

Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
"Your majesty,your grace",he bowed himself to the ground,as was the Anurian etiquette,"Lord duke Toumund seeks your audience"
"could he not abide me in the palace?",the emperor queried but got no reply,with a quick glance at the high priest,he gave a sharp command,"send him in"
The eunuch withdrew,and soon after,Lord duke toumund valazin,of the house valazin,minister for finance and duke of valaz swept in with a flurry of velvet cloak and strong perfume
"Your majesty",he greeted with a smooth bow,"I must apologize for the interruption,but I am pursued by a matter of robust concern",his eyes flicked to the high priest,"Your grace,hope I meet you well?"
"As well as I can be my lord",replied Diemocles
Toumund turned his gaze to meet the emperor,"Your majesty,king gomor of Tigon is dead,and his half-sister sarma has declared her legitimacy for the throne,she has refused to acknowledge her nephew rhazior's claim",he paused to allow his words sink in,"Tigon is in a state of civil war"

1 Like

Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
I invite my friends postmann,lezzlie,overhypedsteve,jln115,agaugust,smartestpopQUEEN,ultimategeneral,naijadeyhia,esambooks....I will appreciate your viewership and ratings.

1 Like

Re: Dawn Of An Era by postmann: 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
EVarn:
I invite my friends postm.ann, lezzlie, overhypedsteve,jln115,smartes.tpopQ.UEEN,ultima.tegener.al,naijad.ey.hia,esambooks....I will appreciate your viewership and ratings.

I'll be following, bro. I'm going to be hooked judging from the preface alone.
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
postmann:

I'll be following, bro. I'm going to be hooked judging from the preface alone.
Thanks bro,I got bored and decided to try out
one of story plots that has been rolling around in my head recently; part of my effort to promote reading culture in Nigeria.Hope you like it.
PS: invite your friends too.
PPS: what the hades is going on in romance section?.lol.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dawn Of An Era by postmann: 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
EVarn:
Thanks bro,I got bored and decided to try out
one of story plots that has been rolling around in my head recently; part of my effort to promote reading culture in Nigeria.Hope you like it.
PS: invite your friends too.
PPS: what the hades is going on in romance section?.lol.

It's impossible not to like it. Especially from a good writer like you.

Oh, romance section, that's where you find over half of no-good nairalanders whose chief goal in life is gossip.
Some shameless losers created alternate accounts and started peddling falsehood about lez.z. I had to shoot them down.
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 10:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
postmann:

It's impossible not to like it. Especially from a good writer like you.

Oh, romance section, that's where you find over half of no-good nairalanders whose chief goal in life is gossip.
Some shameless losers created alternate accounts and started peddling falsehood about lez.z. I had to shoot them down.
lol,its only natural....
As you read,dont forget to post ideas and even criticism,i'm thinking of having published works in the future,I need you guys to be my beta.thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dawn Of An Era by postmann: 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
EVarn:
lol,its only natural....
As you read,dont forget to post ideas and even criticism,i'm thinking of having published works in the future,I need you guys to be my beta.thanks.

I sure will, bro.
Re: Dawn Of An Era by overhypedsteve(m): 8:02am On Jul 28, 2016
EVarn:
21th year of the reign of Emperor Gwendor D'anzzaini IV,Overlord of the Council of
Dukes,Imperator of Great Anuria,Emperor of all Anuria.

The fat white sun of Garth beamed its harsh rays on the busy village of little fay,even the summer breeze was hot and dry.A knackered looking dog trudged up the dust filled street,tongue lolling out and ears drooping,dogding under moving carts of hay and avoiding the legs of hasty farmers.
The village of little fay was a busy farm settlement on the empire's border with Galbonia,separated only by strips of towering mountains.
Summer in little fay meant harvest,and with harvest came trade.
For the ninety-sixth time,Tergon,son of Euthar d'artexes wondered why the great god vogor had to create the sun in the first place.As he piled another cart full of hay,he wondered if vogor was a sadist diety who derived pleasure from watching mere mortals get baked to pulp under the scorching sun.The mule gave a distressed grunt,stamping a hooved hind-limb on the dry ground.
If you choose to write something, then who am I not to read it
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 8:25am On Jul 28, 2016
The emperor's face was an impassive mask,even as the grave tidings were relayed to him.High priest diemocles shifted his purle silk robes and idly fingered his clipped goatee,making the myriad of gemmed rings on his fingers flash in the bright illumination of the chamber.
"These are indeed disturbing tidings",diemocles murmured,then chanced a look at the emperor,"alas,the kingdom of Tigon is being punished for its heathen ways"
"perhaps,but now is the time to act.Before the end of this moon month,my son,pandishar,will be joined in wedlock to the daughter of King Brucolla of Galbonia,the princess Tallia",the emperor's was ablaze with a new kind of fire,"Anuria and Galbonia shall be sealed in an alliance of blood"
Toumund's eyes widened as he realize the staggering implications of such an alliance,even Diemocles jerked in flabbergasted shock.
"But your majesty!",diemocles exclaimed,"you cannot wed your son to a daughter of heathens and pagans!"
"The galbonians are indeed a barbaric set of people",Toumund agreed
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 9:02am On Jul 28, 2016
The emperor's face twisted into a mild sneer,
"they may be barbarians,but they are powerful barbarians",he turned to stare out the open terrace,a cool breeze stirring his silver mane,the dusky sky had turned an inky black,signalling the late hour of the day,"need I remind you of their huge iron mines and powerful navy?,nay my friends,they are not to be dismissed"
Toumund nodded his head,already linking the dots.The emperor had always had a formidable mind for politics.
"you seek to join Anuria and Galbonia into one great empire",toumund's gaze took on a strange glint,"if this plan works,you will have two-third of the continent under your authority"
"and invoke the wrath of vogor for cavorting with pagans!",diemocles cried,"your majesty,remember the words of the oracle,this decision is unwise"
"Do you question me Diemocles?",the emperor's voice was sharp
"Do you question vogor,your majesty?",queried Diemocles in a resolute voice
"Do not cross me Diemocles,I have spoken",the emperor swept out,"come toumund"
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 9:25am On Jul 28, 2016
As they swept out of the chamber into the sleekly tiled corridor,toumund watched as the imperial guards lined at the entrance of the great chamber,removed their blue feathered brass helment and went on their knees,their heads bowed in worship.A retinue of richly attired eunuchs and slaves were already bowed to the ground several feets away from the door.
"After our alliance with Galbonia,we will raise the banners and march against Tigon",the emperor's voice was a calm and calculating baritone,"with the galbonian iron and navy on our side,our armies will crush any resistance from the southern kingdoms,including Tigon's neighbours"
"you are expecting the southern kingdoms to ally against us if we march against Tigon?",Toumund quizzed with a thoughful frown
"They will indeed feel threathened by our alliance with Galbonia and subsequent invasion of Tigon"
Toumund gave a wry smile,"and I guess they wont see our presence in Tigon as a mere peace-keeping effort"
"indeed not",the emperor replied with a raised eyebrow
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 10:36am On Jul 28, 2016
They were interrupted by a scurry of feet and a middle-aged man in white linen robes and wearing a golden chain from which dangled a golden pendant that depicted a scaly snake biting its own tail.The man bowed to the ground in front of the emperor
"Rise gogan",the emperor ordered
Toumund watched as the chief scribe clambered to his feet.The man's face was red from exhaustion,he dipped his hand into his bulky robe and withdrew a sealed scrolled which he offered to the emperor.The emperor accepted the scroll,scrutinizing the seal.Toumund stiffled a grunt of surprise on seeing the heron insignia embossed on the purple wax,it was the D'anzzaini family insignia,this meant that the missive was from Guth D'anzzaini,the grand vizier and duke of Rotenhard,the empire's second most powerful citizen,the emperor's own brother.Rotenhard - or lesser anuria as it was popularly called - was an island country north of the mainland,and it was the imperial grand vizier's seat of power.
"my brother comes",announced Gwendor
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2016
overhypedsteve:
If you choose to write something, then who am I not to read it
long time my friend.Should I be flattered or insulted..lol.How am I doing so far?
Re: Dawn Of An Era by Ultimategeneral: 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
good story man. Thanks for d invite
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ultimategeneral:
good story man. Thanks for d invite
The pleasure is purely mine.You can also rate the story
Ratings is /10
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
mynd44,pamelB,beezyblaze,jaiyejina,theimmie,kumalayer,Thobilobah,veekid,iAreMozelle,GentleNaaz,DannyJ19,keryj,emtebe,deebarbie,KvngBlaze,rossyV226,repogirl

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scripts/stories Wanted For Nollywood. / When Love Lies / We Are Hiring Full-time Writers ** APPLY **

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.