Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,856 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Community Secondary School: A Short Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Community Secondary School: A Short Story. (2114 Views)

How to Survive Primary School: A True Story / A Heart Melting Story Of A Boy Who Was So Determined To Goto School(a Must Read) / Throwback: Nigerian Literature Books We Used In Secondary School!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Community Secondary School: A Short Story. by WildWildWest(m): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
All rights reserved. No part of this story should be reproduced or written in any way without the author's approval(me). All names and events written here are all parts of the authors imagination (which is a lie, but just for official purpose) and if in any way related to any living being or things living or dead is a mere coincidence.
Part one:
"oboy come make we dey house" Nelson said to me immediately the bell was rang for break over "why? e Neva nak 2o'clock" I said to him "something go happen for school today" he said with a serious face and made his way to the front gate with 3 of his bad friends, it was a hot friday afternoon in the small community. Nelson was a typical and local bad boy, we're both in J.S2 but he got more rep in school more than me, the only reason he talks to me in school is because we stay in the same street and sometimes I help him copy his notes. I watched Nelson as he made his way to the front gate with is gang as they bribed the lanky gateman with N100 which was enough to buy a full plate of rice and beans at madam draw-draw as she is popularly called, with buttocks the size of a G.P tank and owns a fast food opposite the school. I hurried into my class as I saw the S.S2 students who were recently given school prefects flogging students into their various classrooms. "hafar na, where you dey since wey break close" Nnamdi asked me. Nnamdi was my seat mate and bestfriend. "na that yeye Nelson wey just dey disturb to help am copy note again" I replied "that boy na bad boy, ah don tell you make you no no dey follow that boy waka aga....." GBOSA! a loud bang towards the school gate interrupted him as I immediately looked out the window towards to school gate to know what was happening. GBOSA!! was heard again but this time louder as the school gate sprang open when suddenly huge boys with black trousers and red shirts rushed into the school with weapons of all kinds in their hands, they were the famous Government Technical College boys(GTC). An all boys school were they learn handcraft, they started beating up students with blue shorts and white shirts..."guy casala don burst" Stanley said behind us "this our beef with GTC boys never end" Nnamdi started as we started packing our bags, when suddenly someone hit me from behind and all my books scattered on the floor "oboy no time to pack those books" Nnamdi said and grabbed my hand as we made our way towards the back of the school, students were running helter skelter. We ran with all our strength towards the school backyard when someone with the speed of light ran past me as my over sized uniform started flying like the Chinese flag due to the breeze from that speed "guy no be Marian run like usain bolt so?" Stanley asked with confusion "na she na, who no like em life" Nnamdi replied. Marian was my school crush, we are in the same class and her father is a local government chairman in the community, she only hangs around with boys in the Senior section and only talks to me when she needs to borrow my note. As we got to the the back of the school we came face to face with most dreaded part of the school....The Cemetery. Yes you read that right, our school was built behind an old cemetery and an old railway, rumour has it that our former gateman who use to sleep in the staff quarters was killed by a ghost from that cemetery and since then no one dares venture into the cemetery. We made our way to turn back when we saw the GTC boys running towards us like zombies from World War Z, should we face the boys and get beaten or run through the cemetery and Climb the small fence to our safety? No time to think, The Cemetery it is. We ran into the cemetery with over grown grass as we dodged old graves, I couldn't help but started reading the dates on the graves and I saw dates like 8th October 1987, 15th march 1968, I stopped immediately when I saw 9th February 1994, which was exactly my day, month and year of birth. Wow! So someone died the exact date I was born, funny how life is. "you dey mad?" Nnamdi screamed at me "wetin you stand there dey do? you want these boys to beat you!" Stanley shouted, I looked back and saw the GTC boys throwing both bottles and curses on us, they know the story and myth behind the cemetery and they dare not enter it, I looked up and saw my friends sitting on the fence waiting for me, they helped me up and we landed safely on the other side, luckily for us the train loading passengers was taking off slowly as we ran towards it and jumped into the train. The train was picking up speed as I turned back and got a clear view into the school, boys were being beaten up and girls harassed by the GTC boys, a large fire was burning in the middle of the school, the train took a sharp bend and the school went out of my view.
My name is Darlington and that was the last time I stepped my legs inside The Community Secondary School. The End.
Pardon my typo tho.

2 Likes

Re: Community Secondary School: A Short Story. by Ifypresh(f): 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
Nice
Re: Community Secondary School: A Short Story. by moorevic(m): 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
Not bad
Re: Community Secondary School: A Short Story. by alexsandro(m): 10:02pm On Feb 26, 2019
Probably trully story of yours.. not bad really

(1) (Reply)

The Tangled Circle Of A Calabar Boy / Try This Drabble With A Twist. / Ghost Writer Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.