Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack (18343 Views)

Autism:disorder Not A Disease / Policeman Suffering From Epilepsy Slumps From His Bike In Yaba, Lagos.See Photos / Commercial Driver Suffers Epilepsy On Wheel, Kills Pedestrian In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by anochuko01(m): 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
nj
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Owoplenty(m): 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
Good, must of the assumptions emanate from epileptics, a friend that's epileptic describes his pre seizure feelings with the pictures that could best be described as spiritual or mystical
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by nevilbot: 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
Stevebamdex:
Ignorance is killing you mr poster,unfortunately,you are so proud of itsad..have you ever seen anyone being cured from epilepsy through medication? Please answer mesad

Oyinbos treat epilepsy by using surgery.. And it is done by cutting out the hippocampus via d anterior temporal lobe. Basically dey cut out d part of d brain in d patient prone to seizures.

2 Likes

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by InfinixMine: 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2016
Deep sighs! It is well.
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 25, 2016
nevilbot:

Oyinbos treat epilepsy by using surgery.. And it is done by cutting out the hippocampus via d anterior temporal lobe. Basically dey cut out d part of d brain in d patient prone to seizures.
how many Nigerians have been successfully treated?, that is what we need to know, or na every body go fit afford to travel out for treatment? , to get rid of ignorance about the disease, you need to provide people with proof of treatment they can see, only then will people become aware
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by shadeyinka(m): 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2016
Epilepsy is a biological interference of the nervous system where the brain waves "fire" at random. It is usually transmitted by inheritance through the gene.

However, some epileptic seizures are demonic in origin. My recommendation usually is treat it as a pure biological ailment until you exhaust all your options before considering that it could be demonic.

Also, nothing is above the power of prayer
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Stevebamdex(m): 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2016
nevilbot:

Has any epileptic patient in nigeria undergone such surgery and they later come back to you with credible testimonies about being cured afterwards?
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by martineverest(m): 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2016
lil wayne is d most popular celebrity with epilepsy
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by anochuko01(m): 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2016
Until OP realizes that AFRICA is not EUROPE...
your eyes never see anything nii...
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by joe4real12: 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2016
False religions have been deceiving and will keep deceiving people as long as it's profitable to them. They always tag everything spiritual so that people will not apply their God-given common sense.
Gullible people will keep believing them.

1 Like

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Danzymatics: 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2016
Lol RIP English

1 Like

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by AngelAhnie(f): 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
pweeryambre:
Op I feel your pain, you will think you have educated some people now.
but it's almost impossible to have a conversation without involving spirituality, other wise you are termed as abnormal or evil in this part of the world... you better Put "Amen" at the end of the article.
Hahahaha, guy you are funny gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Danzymatics: 8:40pm On Jul 25, 2016
krestup:
LOL RIP ENGLISH
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by cooljude(m): 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2016
herzern:
Op....wrote dhiz epistle because of warapa undecided

I shaa know say I nefa see oyinbo wey qet warapa before cheesy
Oga u lied.
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by nevilbot: 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2016
Stevebamdex:

Has any epileptic patient in nigeria undergone such surgery and they later come back to you with credible testimonies about being cured afterwards?

D reason y no Nigerian av undergone it is still d same ignorance and superstition the op is talking about. It is still the same ignorance many are still exhibiting on this same thread created to educate us

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Oloniyan(m): 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2016
herzern:

Maybe you haven't heard of Lil Wayne the Carter then.
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by remsonik(f): 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
Some are spiritual,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by lepasharon(f): 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
remsonik:
Some are spiritual, I was attacked by it last year when I started a big phase of my lifelife,but I thank God I found help,I exhausted all my options even the anti-seizure meds didn't work for me but I give glory to God. Mine was a spiritual attack but prayers worked for me.
Op don't say what you don't know
I did several medical tests but they all came out clean,I spent a lot of money yet the doctors gave me a clean bill of health. The experience made me believe in spiritual attacks

You are part of the problem with Africa

10 Likes

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by temptnow: 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
herzern:

go ask Lil Wayne how body dey do am. Him own na almost everyday now.
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
Stevebamdex:
Ignorance is killing you mr poster,unfortunately,you are so proud of itsad..have you ever seen anyone being cured from epilepsy through medication? Please answer mesad

Have you ever seen anyone 'cured' of AIDS?

2 Likes

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Stevebamdex(m): 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
yorme:

Have you ever seen anyone 'cured' of AIDS?
Yes!! Jesus have being doing that for so long.

1 Like

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Sealeddeal(m): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
Stevebamdex:
you're damn funny. What about Hypertension? Diabetes? HIV? Are they too,spiritual?

1 Like

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by remsonik(f): 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by khadaffi(m): 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
remsonik:
Some are spiritual, I was attacked by it last year when I started a big phase of my lifelife,but I thank God I found help,I exhausted all my options even the anti-seizure meds didn't work for me but I give glory to God. Mine was a spiritual attack but prayers worked for me.
Op don't say what you don't know
I did several medical tests but they all came out clean,I spent a lot of money yet the doctors gave me a clean bill of health. The experience made me believe in spiritual attacks

grin grin Hahahaha. Please get proper diagnosis for your ailment before you start spewing trash on a forum like this. What we need in nigeria is awareness. Please just out of curiosity I want to ask, where you ever diagnosed by a psychiatrist that you had epilepsy or your parents just told you what you have? I'm asking this because there are lots of brain problems similar to epilepsy. There is also schizophrenia (I'm not sure I got the spelling). There is another type where the seizure only occurs while the individual is asleep.

With due respect you are the one attempting to misinform the public here.

10 Likes

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Stevebamdex(m): 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
lepasharon:

Wait for your own turn lepasharon..then you will see if medication will save you from such embarrassment..this lady was given her own testimony about how God delivered her from epilepsy and you are here attacking her for being delivered by God..when u encounter urs,then we shall see,if oyinbo medication will save usad ignoramus fellow
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by ogawisdom(m): 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
lepasharon:

There r supernatural forces but all power belongs to God. Medical sciences are limited in their knowledge God is omni science.

D spiritual controls d physical get dt into ur thick head
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by bracooloye(m): 9:11pm On Jul 25, 2016
That assumption of them having to vomit a lizard before they can be completely free has been widely believed
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by betapikin: 9:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
Pprovost:
If epilepsy is not spiritual, which sickness is now spiritual?? I guess none! cool

But why the article com get many gbagaun like this
Bro at least you got my message
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Sermwell(m): 9:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
Stevebamdex:

Yes!! Jesus have being doing that for so long.
Shut up my friend undecided
Jesus ko!
Navas ni!

2 Likes

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Abfinest007(m): 9:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
nice topic .to be sincere the person who provided this topic did his research i have done my long time ago i came to discover that illness is not spiritual just has he said .i did my research bcus a family member of i have it..
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Stevebamdex(m): 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sealeddeal:
you're damn funny. What about Hypertension? Diabetes? HIV? Are they too,spiritual?
They may not be spiritual but those diseases you mentioned and the ones that are even more horrible than all that are being cured by Jesus..
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Sermwell(m): 9:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
ogawisdom:

There r supernatural forces but all power belongs to God. Medical sciences are limited in their knowledge God is omni science.

D spiritual controls d physical get dt into ur thick head
You are lost my friend!! Someone is trying to emancipate your brain from ignorance and yet you insist on being dumb! Who trampled on your brain biko?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls Help Is Caro White A Bleaching Cream? / Yuda Baldness and Beard Hair Regrowth Remedy / Cure For Weak Erection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.