Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack (18378 Views)

Autism:disorder Not A Disease / Policeman Suffering From Epilepsy Slumps From His Bike In Yaba, Lagos.See Photos / Commercial Driver Suffers Epilepsy On Wheel, Kills Pedestrian In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Stevebamdex(m): 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sermwell:

Shut up my friend undecided
Jesus ko!
Navas ni!
You don't have to believe me..wait until you encounter Jesus christ.
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by ogawisdom(m): 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sermwell:

You are lost my friend!! Someone is trying to emancipate your brain from ignorance and yet you insist on being dumb! Who trampled on your brain biko?

I believe in God as d ultimate healer sorry abt dt angry knowledge of medicine is limited get dt into ur thick skull. Homo erectus
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Sealeddeal(m): 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2016
[quot
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Sealeddeal(m): 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2016
Stevebamdex:

They may not be spiritual but those diseases you mentioned and the ones that are even more horrible than all that are being cured by Jesus..
All you spiritual and physical terrorists from religions of middle east origin are hereby rejected.
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by betapikin: 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
herzern:
Op....wrote dhiz epistle because of warapa undecided

I shaa know say I nefa see oyinbo wey qet warapa before cheesy

My brother it happen to a whole lot of white peeps just goggle search it you will be wow...its just that they follow medication and they they did not stigmatized the victims because they know it has to do with brain

1 Like

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by rhektor(m): 9:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
nma24:
Tell that to the 70% illiterates in 9ja..... Any small thing has a supernatural undertone, down to d cries of cats while mating...

But many has found solutions to it spiritually, maybe you don't know
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
Timoleon:
lilwayne is stil black na e granmama do am

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by JOSSYTEM(f): 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
op thanks
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Stevebamdex(m): 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sealeddeal:
All you spiritual and physical terrorists from religions of middle east origin are hereby rejected.
If you have anyone having any of the so called diseases bring them to me,I will use nothing but in jesus name to heal him/her..please you can try me,I am not joking.
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by betapikin: 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2016
Kaydeexotic:
chai...na so nollywood don dey deceive us over the years

Nollywood has done more harms to the mind of their audience than good...it is very sad

1 Like

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by branolistical: 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2016
OP, tnks for the enlightenment!
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by IamAcidic(m): 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2016
Lol. Lil wyne is suffering from this also and he has been under treatment
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by betapikin: 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
Stevebamdex:

If you have anyone having any of the so called diseases bring them to me,I will use nothing but in jesus name to heal him/her..please you can try me,I am not joking.

Bros stop misleading Pple pls...our brain is very complex and it is prone for such an injury to occurred.. The victims only need medication not ur Jesus can do this he can do that...and still we still have a lot of Pple hidding in their rooms because what you guys believe that is spiritual...

2 Likes

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by MizTyna(f): 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
Stevebamdex:
Ignorance is killing you mr poster,unfortunately,you are so proud of itsad..have you ever seen anyone being cured from epilepsy through medication? Please answer mesad

He didn't mean cure. Meant it can be regulated and reduced to the barest minimum. I know of people who have not had incidences in years due to faithful use of their medication. Medical marijuana included

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by busomma: 9:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
All the fake pastors in Africa,Nigeria in particular will hate ur write up cos u are blocking one of their sources of income. They thrive by brainwashing their docile members that every sickness is as a result of spiritual attack & that the only way to be safe is to take cover in the church. Nigerians ,even the so called educated ones have stopped thinking cos of sustained bombardment of falsehood on daily basis by fake pastors that are abound in all the corners of the country without any form of regulations by the authorities. Anyway,when the economy is as bad as ours,religion becomes the opium of the people. After all,man must wacky.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by shamecurls(m): 9:36pm On Jul 25, 2016
herzern:
Op....wrote dhiz epistle because of warapa undecided

I shaa know say I nefa see oyinbo wey qet warapa before cheesy

Guy man! Oyinbo wey get am for body full Airport and runway. Just that you don't see them loitering about. Infact, Na those homes na hin u fit get one of the best paying casual jobs.
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by akigbemaru: 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
Epilepsy not a spiritual attack!

2 Likes

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by MizTyna(f): 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2016
nevilbot:

That is a very big fat lie. The op is very correct. Epilepsy is a neuro disease and oyinbos av it very well cus it has to do with d electric activity of d brain. I am presently doing my MSc in neuroscience at a uni in Europe and its one of the diseases my oyinbo profs are still working on.

Problem with Africa is too much superstitious believes and lack of adequate public information and education. Nigerians even bliv its contagious if d saliva of d epileptic touches u. Wat a big shame

Don't get me started on the havoc being superstitious has wreaked on Nigerians especially on Mental health. Studying psychology opened my mind to so many things we play with in this country or believe to be 'village people',I might just start a mental health blog eventually.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by remsonik(f): 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by horlumiday(m): 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
betapikin:
EPILEPSY
A BRAIN DISORDER NOT A SPIRITUAL ATTACK angry
There is a story recently on all our news about a lady who is an epileptic patient allegedly fell face down into fire on one of her epileptic feet and sustained severe burn to her face. A relative later find her unconscious inside fire(that is pathetic isn't it). what actually brought my attention to this story is advise all this sympathizer are giving to the relative of the patient that they should not take her to hospital but rather a local herbalist in a neighboring village because a whole lots of people still believe that epilepsy is a spiritual or cultural illness which only treatable using traditional therapies.
When we look at this scenario, we will find out that the level of awareness on epilepsy disease is very low. a whole lot of people still need orientation to change their mindset that epilepsy is not a spiritual attack on the patient but rather a brain injury which the causes will still be discuss later on.
In my recent research on the impact of our movie industry in creating awareness on a disease such as epilepsy, I found out that they have been causing more harm than good, a scene like this was play in our home video(Nollywood) patient will only end up in a religious house and after praying for two minute or consulting oracle she is heal. In essence, this is actually wrong a media house suppose to be the one to entertain and at the same time teaches people and create awareness on how to handle such a diseases and not polluting their mind i think government should try and do something about this issue.
It was these kind of situation that make me to pick up my pen and research on
what actually is the cause of Epilepsy?
Is their any treatment for this kind of diseases?
Is it a curable ailment?
Or is it actually a spiritual attack on the patient?
Is it actually true that their is a lizard in the stomach of patient as our native doctor and movie industry we want us to believe.
Here is a few point i have gather that i think you need to know about epilepsy, Its causes, Symptoms, and Treatment before we proceed what did we actually mean by epilepsy.

EPILEPSY
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder in a lay man understanding a neurological disorder are disease of the brain,spine and also nerve that join them together. Epilepsy is other wise known as Seizure disorder, a seizure occur when some clusters of nerve cells in the brain sometimes give abnormal signal leading to strange sensation in the body of the victim and in his behavior which can lead to convulsion or loss of consciousness.
Epilepsy is not a contagious disease as it is widely believe in Africa that a victim of epilepsy should not be touched especially when he or she is unconscious because it was believe such a person that have contact with the patient is likely to contract the disease.
The superstitious, spiritual believe, discrimination against the patient and stigmatization surrounding the disorder have make a lot patient die in silent. A young lady almost lost her life recently when she was admitted to hospital do you know that her family were trying convince the medical personnel that her ailment is not medically treatable because their believe is that it was a spiritual attack by some witches in their village rather than admitting she had epilepsy and can only be cured by traditional healer. a lot of people in Africa do not get treatment due to the stigma, myths and misconception surrounding the disorder.

LET US CHANGE HOW WE VIEW EPILEPTIC PATIENT
1. That it was cause by some supernatural forces and it can only be cured by traditional healer or spiritualist
Their is nothing of such that it was a spiritual attacks that cause epilepsy it was just some certain tissue in the brain that refuse to develop or due to brain injury. do you know that some certain percent of American are suffering from epilepsy. So tell me if our own was caused by spiritual attack what would be the cause of people suffering from it in America.
2.Epilepsy is not an infection and for this reason it is not contagious.
You will not contract the disease by bodily contact with the patient so stop running away from them or stop giving them separate plate to eat. it is unfair
3. It is a genetically ailment
Do you know that epilepsy is hereditary and hereditary is a biological process whereby a parent passes certain genes onto their children or offspring. So it might not be their fault they are suffering from epilepsy it might have been passed by their parents or great grand parent to them.
4.The saliva and the foaming from the mouth of patient cannot transmit epilepsy
5.Epilepsy is not a spiritual attack,evil or a mysterious disease stop running away from people living with the disease
6. Epilepsy is a brain injury and not a lizard in the stomach of the patient as the native doctor and our movie industry we want us to believe.
7.Parent should stop locking their child or family member that is living with epilepsy at home, Instead they should seek medication for them seizure can be control to zero level of occurrence with a right drugs.

CAUSES OF EPILEPSY
Epilepsy can be cause in so many ways
1. It can be cause through illness
2. It can also be from brain damage e.g head injuries during accident
3. Sometimes it can be from abnormal brain development
4. It can also be cause through genetics influence
5. Head trauma- It can occur through car accident or any traumatic injuries.
TREATMENT
Although currently there is no permanent cure for epilepsy but it can be control with medication, In a recent research it was prove that with early diagnosis and right drugs patients symptoms will drastically improve and also their quality of life.
1. SURGERY
An uncontrolled epileptic patient can be treated with surgery known as Deep Brain Stimulation(DBS)
2. IT CAN BE TREAT THROUGH PRESCRIBE MEDICATION BY MEDICAL PERSONNEL
People with epilepsy can become seizure free or decrease the frequency of their seizure by taking anti-seizure medication know as anti- epileptic medication.
There is a need especially in Africa for our Government ,NGOs to create awareness on how epilepsy can be treated with medication and also Government should make and enforce law that will ban our movies industries from polluting peoples mind on health related issues such as Epilepsy, Mentally unstable patient etc that their illness are cause by spiritual or evil forces instead they should use their platform to teaches people that all this diseases such as epilepsy and insanity are mostly cause by brain disorder.

Source...http://balotion..com.ng/2016/07/epilepsy-brain-disorder-not-spritual.html
visit for more info
Cc...sissy3,dominique ,lalasticlala pls do the needful
thanks
Epilepsy can't be fully cured with medications, medications only helps in controlling the seizures... V you ever heard of someone fully cured bfor.. So if science cnt cure it, i only know ONE person capable of curing it without any seizures again ... I know you won't ask me the name of the person... welll sha, i will tell you if you dont ask.... GOD(OLUWA) cheesy

1 Like

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Charles4075(m): 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
Timoleon:
lilwayne is stil black na e granmama do am
Rotfl cheesy cheesy cheesy. My guy, I swear your case worse..

2 Likes

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by graphiti: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
Jesus - The Christ say na Spirit cos am:

Mark 9:18-29 King James Version
(KJV)

18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he
teareth him: and he foameth, and
gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth
away
: and I spake to thy disciples that
they should cast him out; and they
could not.

20 And they brought him unto him:
and when he saw him, straightway the
spirit tare him; and he fell on the
ground, and wallowed foaming.

21 And he asked his father, How long
is it ago since this came unto him?
And he said, Of a child.
22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into
the fire, and into the waters, to
destroy him
: but if thou canst do any
thing, have compassion on us, and
help us.
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst
believe, all things are possible to him
that believeth.
25 When Jesus saw that the people
came running together, he rebuked the
foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou
dumb and deaf spirit,
I charge thee,
come out of him, and enter no more
into him.
26 And the spirit cried , and rent him
sore, and came out of him
: and he was
as one dead; insomuch that many
said, He is dead.
27 But Jesus took him by the hand,
and lifted him up; and he arose.
28 And when he was come into the
house, his disciples asked him
privately, Why could not we cast him
out?
29 And he said unto them, This kind
can come forth by nothing, but by
prayer and fasting.

------------------------------------

Even the occult believes the brain can be manipulated telepathically thru demonic meanz:

.................. the massive metaphysical energies that
circulate through supernatural beings
create light that naturally will be
displayed in the organ that receives
photon light information. The
enchanted eyes can indeed transmit
photon energy as well. All beings
making eye contact are separately
communicating with each others
minds outside of conversation, or
shared activity. The infamous vampire
compelling hypnosis relies heavily on
deep gazing into the darkest depths of
ones mind. In part the eyes are
delivering a metaphysical message to
the brain to comply with their
commands.

http://mysticinvestigations.com/paranormal/supernatural-eye-glowing/

betapikin pprovost herzern flexherbal dogstyle007 negz1 soskid kaydeexotic chrisrare originalsly mzflow krestup caliphas crotonite pweeryambre olateef DevGuru nma24 pring sheguy stevebamdex exponental nevilbot jagugu88li KYLEJP cococandy owoplenty 2dugged infinixmine shadeyinka anuchoko01 joe4real12 cooljude remsonik lepasharon yorme khadaffi bracooloye Ogawisdom oikelomen Pdizzle

--------------------------------------

Somborri sure is sayin d truth: either Jesus - The Christ, or Science!

I know who!

You, choose urs!

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Pdizzle(m): 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
Religious folks should stop misleading the public, if you have seizures don't be ashamed to come out and do proper check up in the hospital.

6 Likes

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2016
rhektor:

But many has found solutions to it spiritually, maybe you don't know
You don't say! That's news to me dear
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by oikelomen(m): 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
May God bless this writer abundantly... Everything he said here is true... The disease is a neurological disorder. Brain injury or some under develop tissue in the brain.

1 Like

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by femi4: 10:29pm On Jul 25, 2016
Pprovost:
If epilepsy is not spiritual, which sickness is now spiritual?? I guess none! cool

But why the article com get many gbagaun like this
gayism
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by alexarelano(m): 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
cool

2 Likes

Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by Timoleon(m): 10:43pm On Jul 25, 2016
Charles4075:
Rotfl cheesy cheesy cheesy. My guy, I swear your case worse..

dis one wey you dey rotf, mo let epilepsy catch you o...africans no dey help who get epilepsy o. If you mange survive am, dem go beat you die say u dey demonic.
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by afemgbosey(m): 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2016
My Lord Jesus christ confirms that epilepsy is spiritual and demonic. So strong that none of the Disciples can cast it out except by prayer and fasting.

We are so earthly we forget that the spiritual actually controls the physical.

My atheist friends, you know that you have a spiritual side you can't explain, yet you deny the source of all spirits. Pity. Many will regret when it is too late.

Only the warrior without a conquest calls himself a man

Epilepsy is spiritual.
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by gsharp12(m): 11:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
But God heals, wether its brain disorder ooo or epilepsy.. God can or d brain and heal epilepsy... So to me notin is wrong if u take a patient to the church to bé prayed for and u believe God can heal him or her.
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by teacherbim(f): 12:08am On Jul 26, 2016
Pprovost:
If epilepsy is not spiritual, which sickness is now spiritual?? I guess none! cool

But why the article com get many gbagaun like this

Wile Soyinka,write your own now
Re: Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack by gatoyi: 12:33am On Jul 26, 2016
Of course epilepsy is neurological, but people are ignorant; they would rather believe a 2000 year old book with outdated beliefs and outlooks than modern science. They use anecdotal evidence as proof instead of science - I wonder why the same people don't simply pray when they have malaria...why take any medicine at all? You have faith, right? Why not wait for God to save you? Maybe your malaria is a "spiritual attack." Mtcheeeeew! Mankind eventually figured out the mechanisms of malaria and you're benefitting from that knowledge; they'll do the same with epilepsy. Not men like you though; not men content to wallow in their ignorance.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls Help Is Caro White A Bleaching Cream? / Want To Remove Your Grey Hair Naturally? Then This Simple Tip Will Help You / When Is The Right Time To Take Drugs: Before, After Or With Meal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.