Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. (2596 Views)

Obiano Lied About $5Million Vegetable Exports - Sahara Reporters / Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard / Oil Exports On Course Despite Militants’ Attacks- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by aresa: 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports

The following export product groups represent the highest dollar value in Nigerian global shipments during 2014. Also shown is the percentage share each export category represents in terms of Nigeria’s overall exports.

Oil: US$94,882,576,000 (96.9% of total exports)

Cocoa: $705,644,000 (0.7%)

Oil seed: $278,420,000 (0.3%)

Raw hides excluding furskins: $268,513,000 (0.3%)

Ships, boats: $213,441,000 (0.2%)

Copper: $174,174,000 (0.2%)

Rubber: $166,288,000 (0.2%)

Aluminum: $157,045,000 (0.2%)

Ores, slag, ash: $137,092,000 (0.1%)

Wood: $101,382,000 (0.1%)

http://www.worldstopexports.com/nigerias-top-10-exports/

Cocoa is of course the largest export after Oil..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by sarrki(m): 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
Yes oooo
Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by aresa: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
AS you can see, no ukazi leaves, isi ewu or akpu on that list...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
when I was thinking it's a vegetable(s) dominated list

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2016
aresa:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by Sandydayz(f): 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
aresa:
Lolz
Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by Standing5(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
Not surprised at all. In a country where there is no incentive for hardwork and true productivity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by anonimi: 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
aresa:
Cocoa is of course the largest export after Oil..

Of course, snails also have HORNS, innit

Oil: US$94,882,576,000 (96.9% of total exports)

Cocoa: $705,644,000 (0.7%)

Can you please get serious for once?
Thanks.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by aresa: 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
anonimi:

Of course, snails also have HORNS, innit

Can you please get serious for once?
Thanks.

[img]http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2013/04/15/1226595/054087-giant-sna]

Even if it's less than 1%, does it mean it's still not Nigeria's largest export after oil.?

ipob logic is always upside down logic..

Nothing from your village is on that list and that should be your worries...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by aresa: 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hagm0nd:
when I was thinking it's a vegetable(s) dominated list

Is this vegetable thing about the $5 million rubbish some chest beaters made up at some ipob gathering? grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by EazyMoh(m): 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
Where Anambra vegetables $5million!? On a serious note what of Sesame seed?
Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by ahaz: 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
aresa:
you people display ignorance wifhout shame..what made you guys think its only south west that produce and export cocoa in this country? cross river pfoduce cocoa, abia state produce cocoa and has an individial farmer who export cocoa.
so if anambara state declear its sucess in the foregih vegetable markef fhey should be praised and you dont expect it to be massove since ig sfartrd dis year.so you guys should stop being childidh with your kidergerteen way of seeing things....gosh!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by mercyville: 6:28pm On Jul 25, 2016
aresa:

Is this vegetable thing about the $5 million rubbish some chest beaters made up at some ipob gathering? grin
That is an old list.The new one would surely have vegetables on it.Do you think it is a political gimmick?
Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
aresa:

yeah
I thought that the $5million 'huge' vegetable export was the next big thing to oil,since Yorubas don't contribute to the national purse.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2016
ahaz:
you people display ignorance wifhout shame..what made you guys think its only south west that produce and export cocoa in this country? cross river pfoduce cocoa, abia state produce cocoa and has an individial farmer who export cocoa.
so if anambara state declear its sucess in the foregih vegetable markef fhey should be praised and you dont expect it to be massove since ig sfartrd dis year.so you guys should stop being childidh with your kidergerteen way of seeing things....gosh!
Is the Niger Delta the only region that produce oil for export in Nigeria?
why is the south west considered a leech.
it's on record that the southwest region is the major producer of cocoa seeds for export in the country,and obviously from the article above,cocoa is the nation's biggest export to crude oil.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by Alanzazani: 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2016
nigerian youths abeg be constructive everything shouldnt be about.trying to pull ourselves down. i really think its time to restructure nigeria. this is a report of 2014 and some foo.ls are making reference to ugwu that was exported in 2016. if we dont harness the potentials of our seperate region we cant be great

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
It simple, the FG needs to put in place systems for the production of finished goods. We can't be exporting primary products and expecting big returns?

These cocoa are taken to Belgium and Switzerland at cheap rates only to be imported back as expensive chocolates and beverages. What's stopping Nigeria from having a chocolate company and cornering the markets in West Africa?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by aresa: 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
ahaz:

1. I don't remember saying anything about cocoa coming predominantly from the SW. That was just your regular ipob tribal worries and inability to read and comprehend.

2. SW Nigerian is the cocoa belt in Nigeria and the largest producer is Ondo state.

3. Cocoa house and the first skyscraper in Nigeria was built with cocoa money while your village was still in the dark ages.

4. If you are going to make any argument to dispute anything, common sense dictates that you produce your own sets of facts.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by newbornmacho(m): 7:30am On Jul 26, 2016
aresa:
What is 'oil seeds' ? ...oil palm fruit? That would be from the east.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by ahaz: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2016
aresa:

1. I don't remember saying anything about cocoa coming predominantly from the SW. That was just your regular ipob tribal worries and inability to read and comprehend.

2. SW Nigerian is the cocoa belt in Nigeria and the largest producer is Ondo state.

3. Cocoa house and the first skyscraper in Nigeria was built with cocoa money while your village was still in the dark ages.

4. If you are going to make any argument to dispute anything, common sense dictates that you produce your own sets of facts.
i guess your sense of cross checking the poo you called a thread is blinded by dirty rivalry for you not to know whst your onitial motive behind thread that lead other villagers like you started throwing jabs out of jelousy to the east over the vegetable export.
coming sense will tell u that a skye scrapper is not development, awo bulit the skye scraper,michel okpara bult d presidential hotel,onne port,ph airport, etc..with d oil money..how many standard city was in d old south west compare to d old eastern region..micheal okpara developed enugu,ph,part of calabar,umuahia..apart from your ibadan,were else in d entire south west van you compare with any of this states today.dont call lagos cos its nwver a yoruba achievement,gen. adebayo will educate u.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 26, 2016
Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by aresa: 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
[s]
ahaz:
i guess your sense of cross checking the poo you called a thread is blinded by dirty rivalry for you not to know whst your onitial motive behind thread that lead other villagers like you started throwing jabs out of jelousy to the east over the vegetable export.
coming sense will tell u that a skye scrapper is not development, awo bulit the skye scraper,michel okpara bult d presidential hotel,onne port,ph airport, etc..with d oil money..how many standard city was in d old south west compare to d old eastern region..micheal okpara developed enugu,ph,part of calabar,umuahia..apart from your ibadan,were else in d entire south west van you compare with any of this states today.dont call lagos cos its nwver a yoruba achievement,gen. adebayo will educate u.
[/s]

I won't even waste my breath in your ignorant village rant..
Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by aresa: 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
braden25:
atleast 30 billion dollars of that 94 billion dollars oil revenue belong to akwa ibom but was shared among the Nigerian states.Imagine what that 30 billion dollars could do for Oron and akwa cross at large . gross injustice .

What exactly did akpabio did with the largest state budgets in the history of Nigeria?

A few roads

1 fly over

1 football field

1 library

1 cinema

1 uncompleted hospital.

Lagos state budgeted less money yearly than akpabio, but Lagos commissioned more projects than all the states in nigeria combined, including the FG.

Aregbeshola with less than 1/4 of akpabio's budget delivered more infrastructure than akpabio many times over.'''

Money is never the problem, corruption, crookedness and incompetence is always the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by aresa: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
newbornmacho:

What is 'oil seeds' ? ...oil palm fruit? That would be from the east.

Yes, the air I breath is from your village too... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by Oasis007(m): 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
Let me siddon, fold my Arms, cross my Legs..... start chewing Popcorn and chilling with a bottle of Zobo!

This thread gonna be...... Don't miss it! Soon!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by newbornmacho(m): 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
tongue tongue
aresa:

Yes, the air I breath is from your village too... grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by Noneroone(m): 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

I won't even waste my breath in your ignorant village rant..
yes... Truth hurts.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by dadabashua1(m): 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
for God sake must every post results to Yoruba vs igbo wahala? the earlier you realise the two tribes have more in common than what separates them the better, in Lagos, Ibadan, ogun etc... u can't differentiate Yoruba's from igbos again.. this NL hatred is a waste of time
Re: Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. by aresa: 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
[s]
Noneroone:
yes... Truth hurts.
[/s]

Igbos and truth is like water and oil.. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We The Yorubas Must Vote For Buharri In 2019 - Afenifere Youths / PDP Senators Dance At Ekweremadu's Residence / Opinion: The South And Its Bigotry And The New DG DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.