Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? (6595 Views)

Photos: These 4 Govs Must Be Resolving Some States, Federal & Political Issues / Is Baba (BUHARI) Lieing Too Or Just Being A Sacred Cow ? / Political Issues Of 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by ifihearam: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2009
Considering the most infleuntial man of God in this country Nigeria and the world at large,yet he does not speak on certain political issues which i feel could take a new turn if people of his calibre alongside his counterparts like Bishop David Oyedepo,Pastor Chris Oyakhilome etc.

My concern was also drawn to the fact that Cicilia Ibru is a dedicated member of the RCCG and we have not heard anything to that regard from Daddy GO.Can I say that his silence in these issues is as a result of his usual self or spiritual direction,my question right now is and i stand to be corrected or educated:Should he stay mute or speak has he is very infleuntial and highly respected world wide,because i strongly believe if he speaks once this nation would hear him because he is truly a man of God.

Not to mention the fact that he mentors so many prestigious men of  God in this country nd abroad.Please no insults to him just be factual and reasonable.
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by mployer(m): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2009
Baba Adaboye is not a politician

I dont know why people keep dragging him into political issues. He is an executive in a kingdom much diferent and much higher than the earthly kingdoms.
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by Goldmind1(m): 11:16am On Sep 17, 2009
O boy! I no fit talk for this one. I respect him and Rev. Dr. Uma Ukpai a lot. May be he'ld still talk.
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by presido1: 11:22am On Sep 17, 2009
Is true his not a politicians but he flirt with politicians and get Concertion from them every now and then at the detriment of the nations economy. He don't need a campaign trail to condemn what those thief/his friends in politics are doing. We know it might not change all those die hard criminals but it will do a lot.
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by blacksta(m): 11:27am On Sep 17, 2009
How do we know he doesn't speak to them in private and they all failed to listen.
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by banom(m): 11:30am On Sep 17, 2009
ifihearam:

Considering the most infleuntial man of God in this country Nigeria and the world at large,yet he does not speak on certain political issues which i feel could take a new turn if people of his calibre alongside his counterparts like Bishop David Oyedepo,Pastor Chris Oyakhilome etc.
My concern was also drawn to the fact that Cicilia Ibru is a dedicated member of the RCCG and we have not heard anything to that regard from Daddy GO.Can I say that his silence in these issues is as a result of his usual self or spiritual direction,my question right now is and i stand to be corrected or educated:Should he stay mute or speak has he is very infleuntial and highly respected world wide,because i strongly believe if he speaks once this nation would hear him because he is truly a man of God.

Not to mention the fact that he mentors so many prestigious men of God in this country nd abroad.Please no insults to him just be factual and reasonable.

I now Know how stupid religion has made many Nigerians,
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by ikeyman00(m): 11:30am On Sep 17, 2009
@@@@@@@

once again another joke of the year thread;this one

what are they talkin about,look we cant not in anyway be fooled; the same people that dashed stolen money to buy private abi??

may una keep deceivin yourself in the name of jesus like kolo-becomerich love to say

the man have the time and gut to pray for UN;tell us when micheal jackson will die and even had opinion on north korean yet kept blind eyes on how many lives he messed up drivin from sagamo express way

this man my ass; yes sure god heard me, never care for the poor masses

devil get behind me; will u

foolish man
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by mployer(m): 11:33am On Sep 17, 2009
Is true his not a politicians but he flirt with politicians and get Concertion from them every now and then at the detriment of the nations economy. He don't need a campaign trail to condemn what those thief/his friends in politics are doing. We know it might not change all those die hard criminals but it will do a lot

The politicians are eligible candidiates to the kingdom he preaches. So why should he run away from them?
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by citizenY(m): 11:50am On Sep 17, 2009
THIS ONE IS NOT ABOUT COLLECTING TITHES,

THE MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION AND OBJ NO DEY AGAIN,

HIM SERMON ENTER FROM ONE EAR COMMOT D OTHER ONE.

NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by kshow1(m): 11:52am On Sep 17, 2009
blacksta:

How do we know he doesn't speak to them in private and they all failed to listen.

You might be absolutely right
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by ikeyman00(m): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2009
^^^^^

keep foolin yourself

u only ask for money in private

i could be right!
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by blacksta(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2009
^^
yeye mentality
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by oludanjuma(m): 12:50pm On Sep 17, 2009
why una dey insult the man? If u don achieve half of wetin im don achieve, raise your hand, I think the point ifihearam is making is that if men like him start speaking up in public, maybe our leaders would finally realize that they have to start showing some love to the masses. Afterall if he speaks to God and God hears him, how much more these yeye thieves parading themselves as politicians?
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by matiltomd(f): 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2009
ifihearam:

this is embarrassing, coming from an adult, wink wink
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by Ekwere(m): 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2009
Diversion of the topic when the poster warned that, the man should not be insulted and another avenue to pour insults on him again from SOME Nigerians staying abroad, they would tell you I am a free thinker, mixing with those pink people, refusing to listen and do to the word of God and thinking that it is because of their dint of hardwork that, they are successful.

Like my other replies, it is because they dont have a good home training from their papas and mamas and whoever told you that he collected money from the thieves or has ever dined with them and who also told you that he has not warned them from stealing?

If na you wey dey talk, person no gree hear am u no go rest, d man do tire for these thieves, make una no carry una insult come him place again.

make una also leave am with politics
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by chosen04(f): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2009
blacksta:

Private talk like the ones husband and wife talk in the bedroom?

Anyone who cannot SPEAKOUT is yet to speak.
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by okuyelu: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2009
I am so sorry to say, but to an extent majority  are just back ward because we don't reason, think, read, ask questions and too happy to see another man fall. If Adeboye choses to keep quiet, let it be, and leave him to be judged by God. No one has a right to judge him for keeping mute. We have alot of psychophants pretending to be for the masses and instead do otherwise. Oshiomole was a die hide, now he is neither here nor there, Babangida came, we screamed " the saviour has arrived" same with Abacha, Obasanjo and co. Please leave Pastor Adeboye and any well meaning Nigeria that has chosen not to talk, when the set time comes, he will speak his mind, and if he doesn't let God judge him.
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by saydfact(m): 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2009
ifihearam:

Considering the most infleuntial man of God in this country Nigeria and the world at large,

we so so love titles in the country, most influential?   lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed

ifihearam:

Should he stay mute or speak , , because i strongly believe if he speaks once this nation would hear him because he is [size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]truly a man of God.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

Not to mention the fact that he mentors so many prestigious men of  God in this country nd abroad.Please no insults to him just be factual and reasonable.

only God knows who serves him in truth, and only God knows the heart of men.  lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed

ifihearam:

i strongly believe if he speaks once this nation would hear him because he is truly a man of God.

God has spoken in his words and we (me & you) didnt listen, wld a man speak and we tremble even "he", i repeat even "he", cannot be sure to make heaven,  lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed

believe me!,  me and you are better off,  do u put ur trust in men?, common men, who have sinned against God.   lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2009
undecided
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by youngies(m): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2009
ifihearam:

How on God's earth could Mr. Adeboye be the most influential man of God in Nigeria and also in the world?
Is there any chance in hell that Mr. Adeboye could be more influential than Mr. Olubunmi Okogie in Nigeria or the Pope in the world?

Again what yardstick do we use to measure their influences?
Just like say-d-fact said: "we so so love titles in the country!!!"
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by Seun(m): 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2009
youngies:

How on God's earth could Mr. Adeboye be the most influential man of God in Nigeria and also in the world?
Is there any chance in hell that Mr. Adeboye could be more influential than Mr. Olubunmi Okogie in Nigeria or the Pope in the world"
He's definitely not as popular as the Pope, but who is Mr. Olubunmi Okogie?
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by loveheart: 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2009
PLEASE LETS LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE.
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ ifihearam , U need to be very careful in the statements you make at times, because one day, u would be accounted for it. Why would you be involving Baba Adeboye in Nigerian Politics for goodness sake, he his just a pastor, when have you heard an American talk about Kenneth Copeland involvement in White House affair?

So my dear friend Ifihearam, dont make such mistake anymore.

Cheers to all NAIRALANDERS, I hope and pray that Nigeria will be alright one day. Peace to you all
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by youngies(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2009
Seun:

He's definitely not as popular as the Pope, but who is Mr. Olubunmi Okogie?
We are not talking about popularity here. . .the word is influence

But since you brought popularity contest into it, do you think that Mr. Adeboye is popular among other non members of RCCG?
Seun stop displaying your ignorance in public   tongue - Mr. Okogie is the Catholic Archbishop of Lagos
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ ifihearam Cecilia Ibru is not a member of RCCG, She is MFM, All ur comments are lies, Pastor Adeboye was listed among the top 50 most influential people in the world. He wasnt even nominated by any Religious group, Oprah winfrey was even in no 45 why Baba was 49, so get the primary info and not fake info
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by chishine(m): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
embarassed embarassed embarassed pls it will do us alot of gud if Nairalander's here,most especially those of them dat i see dose not have proper home training will at least shut their mouth tongue when they got noting to reply about, rather dan insulting a man of God
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by Utaroz(m): 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2009
And the pharisees and Scribes went up to Him, meaning to test Him, and asked: "Is it right to pay taxes to Ceaser??"  cheesy Dear Poster, I dont know exactly what you expect the Pastor to say, but I daresay it is wise, if you are very influential, not to be vocally reactive, especially with issues bordering on litigations. I am sure if he had spoken out, it will be his statement that will be undergoing a random critique here.

"Render to Ceasar what is Ceasars" I'm sure you can add value with the contributions of various stakeholders on national issues while Pastor Adeboye concentrates on his spiritual assignments.

Except if you are suggesting he must answer for the issues affecting any member of RCCG!
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by bisiaet: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2009
Too quiet on what ground? is he a politician or will he go to the street and start flogging all these irresponsible act of our so called politician? Pls he is a man of his own and a man of God let him go on as he is doing and have his peace of mind. Quiet or talking is not the answer to Nigeria problem the nation political arena has failed the populace if even Baba Adeboye started talking belief me they wont listen infact they will even go after him so all we need is to come back to the basis and make a mend if not too late and left Baba Adeboye out of this.
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by timmy7(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2009
Even if ibru is a member of rccg,does the poster mean d baba should now go and condemn her or beg the government on her behalf in d press
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by seyenko(m): 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2009
All Legit Men of God in the bible - the old testament prophets, Jesus and the Apostles including Paul spoke critically against the political structure when they erred. For a man who is running a church as business will not want to stare up the hornet nest.
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by Beaf: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2009
Adeboye is too busy stealing from the poor and wretched. In his eyes, its every fucker for himself, all your pockets for me.
Re: Is Baba Adeboye Too Quiet On Political Issues? by MrCrackles(m): 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2009
Beaf:

Adeboye is busy stealing from the poor. In his eyes, its every fucker for himself, all your pockets for me.
Allahu Akbar. . . . shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC Signs Pact With Partners To Resolve OML 130 Dispute / Graphic Photos : Two Nigeria Air Force Personnel Gun Down In Owerri Last Night / Impeachment: Your Ex-parte Injunction Can't Stop Us, Ondo Speaker To Aiyedatiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.