Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,924 members, 7,821,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage (34924 Views)

Christ Embassy Branch In United Kingdom Declared Bankrupt / The Complete Truth About Tithes As Summarised By Pastor Reno Omokri / Christ Embassy Pastor In 4 Abortions Mess With Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
asuustrike2009:

There so many churches that looking for members to wed your uncle is complaining. Since it's the church law, he either abide by it or go to another church. Infact your uncle fall my hand badly because heh no try at all
who told you he complained , what he simply did was to go to another church and have the wedding ceremony, no be one GOD ALL OF US DEY WORSHIP

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by shinel(f): 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
tripleace:

POSTING THAT ARE YOU ARE A MEMBER AND ONLY ATTEND COMMUNION SERVICE, MISSING CELL MEETING ET AL. AND CHOOSING WHICH SUNDAY SERVICE TO ATTEND.
WAOOO. THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT A TESTIMONY WORTHY OF EMMULATION.

Lol.. Emulate? Pls o am still growing spiritually, I will change positively more.
Atleast I try pass the OP uncle wey no remember God at all even if na 2% out of 10%.

If na herbalist tell am to they bring money every month, he no go complain or put am for social media.

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
I won't say its a lie but I will say there are 3 sides to a story. Yours, theres and the truth. There is a payment you make if you want to marry in CE (which is everywhere) but compulsion to pay tithe is not one of them.

michaelobinna:
Christ Embassy Church Is A Big Joke: This is not an attack on any church.

My uncle happens to be a staunch member of christ embassy, so he decides to get married and mid last year he brought his wife to be to introduce her to my parents, we all started looking forward to the wedding but as months rolled by we didn't hear or see any preparations
Along the line my mum decided to know what the delay for, my uncle told my mum that their pastor asked yhem to hold on that they still checking , verifying and praying about it, months kept rolling by they said stil on it ... We keep watching ..it was only until a month ago that they decided to get wedded in another Church in the lady hometown, funny enough nobody or pastor from his church attended the wedding

Out of curiosity I decide to ask why they weren't joined together at his church and I began to hear of the ridiculous things that they were asked to do before the church joins them but the most baffling one is this below :

1. Their unpaid tithes since they have been attending the church was calculated and it amounted to 1.2 million naira which must be paid before they are joined together
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by fexyrich(m): 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
ruggedised:
op how were they able to calculate the tithes, does it means CEC have register for tithe, Where members write down their names every sunday before dropping their tithes And mod foolishly push this trash to fp without investigation
Dont mind the silly op..u just come on social media and write rubbish about a whole church.Forgetting that there is a God in heaven.No reverence for the things of God at all..I feel sorry for some people.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by SHAIBULIAR: 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
modelmike7:
My Darling Jesus will be like " 'smh' to these guys down there! You will all meet me on the judgement day!"
with koboko in his hand
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by hero2000: 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
Topgainer:
I only helped a sister defend her task master (and his gang) whom the whole world is lying against. No source, no concurrence or anything... just one man said!!!
Just like rumors of his divorce and plans to present a new mistress to the public. No source, no concurrence or anything... just one man said!!!
The fact remains, he never divorced his wife nor got separated from her. He is a man of god, hand picked by God, his obedience to the word of God cannot be questioned. As a Bishop he has obeyed fully the portion that says a man who is not capable of ruling his own household should not bishop it out over the house of God.
He never wrote a commendation letter to the dismissed Sheraton worker who stole to donate to Christ Embassy. It was all fabrications from detractors.
Haters everywhere.

"He is a man of god, hand picked by God, his obedience to the word of God cannot be questioned."

Who hand picked you? Many CEC see Chris Oyakhilome as beyond an ordinary Christian. Yet the same blood of Jesus redeemed all believers. No believer is superior or inferior to the other.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by hero2000: 7:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
REVOLUTNIS:
Why will ur uncle refused to pay his tithe after all he has been attending the church, receiving blessing from God through the church programs. Refusing to make contributions to the church means he is a thief.

Is the church selling God's blessings?

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by ogianyo(m): 7:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
This story is calculated falsehood. No pastor can correctly estimate your tithe without complete information of your income. I attend Christ Embassy and don't know anyone calculating tithes for me. If this was deliberate, urgently ask for forgiveness in your own interest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by iamord(m): 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
REVOLUTNIS:
Why will ur uncle refused to pay his tithe after all he has been attending the church, receiving blessing from God through the church programs. Refusing to make contributions to the church means he is a thief.
when I read post like this I feel afraid for the future of the black man if we don't deviate from this way of thinking
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by onyenku1: 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
I got married in Christ embassy in 2012 and my wife was 3 months pregnant before we got wedded.....it was obvious to everybody she was pregnant..but we still gotten wedded in the church...I was not compelled to pay any outstanding tithes.......but I finally left the church after one year for reasons best know to me......
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Richy4(m): 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
I kind of think it might be true....

I mean if u can ask someone to drop 1000k just to attend a church on 31st December, What is gonna stop u from asking for tithe before marriage...?
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by brojoshua: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
There may not be a single Visa to enter the Place in these embassies. He who has ear, let him hear
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by tripleace(m): 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
Richy4:
I kind of think it might be true....

I mean if u can ask someone to drop 1000k just to attend a church on 31st December, What is gonna stop u from asking for tithe before marriage...?

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ. GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN SEEING IS BELIEVING. DID ANYONE EVER REPORTED WENT TO THE VENUE AND WAS REFUSED ENTRY BECAUSE HE DID NOT PAY FOR THE GATE FEE?
THIS SAME PROGRAM WAS LIVE ON MOST MAJOR TV STATIONS BOTH IN NIGERIA AND ALL OVER THE WORLD. TALK LESS OF THE INTERNET TOO.
SO WHY PAY FOR WHAT HAS BEEN MADE AVAILABLE?
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Richy4(m): 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
tripleace:

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ. GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN SEEING IS BELIEVING. DID ANYONE EVER REPORTED WENT TO THE VENUE AND WAS REFUSED ENTRY BECAUSE HE DID NOT PAY FOR THE GATE FEE?
THIS SAME PROGRAM WAS LIVE ON MOST MAJOR TV STATIONS BOTH IN NIGERIA AND ALL OVER THE WORLD. TALK LESS OF THE INTERNET TOO.
SO WHY PAY FOR WHAT HAS BEEN MADE AVAILABLE?

So are u saying that no one has ever paid to enter the church on 31st of December.. and that it was all lies?

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by pleasuremaster: 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
petra1:

It's only if they were living together that they may be asked to separate . For about a year.

But the story you gave is not true . How can the church mandate you to pay tithes before marriage . Is it anybody's business if I pay my tithe or not? It's between me and the God I worship.

It's d business of d church u pay ur tithe. D way pastors preach/pressure u about tithes with make u look as if u borrow money from d church. I even read about adeboye of redeem saying if u don't pay ur tithe, u re robbing God. That their ll be no marriage, child dedication or any other church celebration for those who don't pay their tithes. Though I ve not confirm it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
michaelobinna:
who told you he complained , what he simply did was to go to another church and have the wedding ceremony, no be one GOD ALL OF US DEY WORSHIP
Then why post here in the first place? Christians are making other religions to laugh at them, that's why it's easy to penetrate them
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by YOLO1(m): 11:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
I believe this story 100%. Nigerian churches are business centre one needs to be wise while dealing with the carnal pastors there.
Anybody who doubts this story should ask why Christ Embassy collect #1,000 from attendees of there cross over service every 31st of December.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by costandi(m): 1:30am On Jul 27, 2016
michaelobinna:
it's the whole truth, they later got married @ assemblies of God church, not even a single pastor or member from CE was present
Mr. Smart liar, how did they calculate the unpaid tithe? You Jes come here to yarn crap. Nairaland being a place where unverified news is being propagated, they push this to FP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by blairlady(f): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2016
ruggedised:
op how were they able to calculate the tithes, does it means CEC have register for tithe, Where members write down their names every sunday before dropping their tithes And mod foolishly push this trash to fp without investigation

Most churches have register for tithes been paid by members of the church. This is so true, cos ve seen it

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by blairlady(f): 9:09am On Jul 27, 2016
costandi:
Mr. Smart liar, how did they calculate the unpaid tithe? You Jes come here to yarn crap. Nairaland being a place where unverified news is being propagated, they push this to FP!

This particular incident is happening in most churches that i know of. They have the register for tithes nd if u havent bin payin ur tithe no marriage for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by ephi123(f): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2016
Christianity based on works rather than grace.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by omosgee: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2016
petra1:

It's only if they were living together that they may be asked to separate . For about a year.

But the story you gave is not true . How can the church mandate you to pay tithes before marriage . Is it anybody's business if I pay my tithe or not? It's between me and the God I worship.

What the point of separating first them if after which they will leave together back. the essence of marriage is witnessing and pronounce blessing from assumed man of God. Not to tell pple how to wed or not.

My believe is that marriage is a thing of hrt. once the hrts can unite without interference, let no man put asunder, not even the church. we pursue shadows too much rather than the object.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
petra1:

You and your uncle are a joke rather. There's no such doctrine in CEC . We worship God with our tithes and offering as bible commands but it's not a criterial for marriage . It may be a criteria for being a leader or a pastor but not marriage . If they have issue with marriage . It may range from , medical test, family approval, attending foundation school , cell meetings ,marriage classes . If they were cohabiting , church may stop the relationship , if test reveal pregnancy , the marriage get cancelled . They may only do marriage blessing .

THRASH!!! cool cool
No offence. cool cool
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
petra1:

You and your uncle are a joke rather. There's no such doctrine in CEC . We worship God with our tithes and offering as bible commands but it's not a criterial for marriage . It may be a criteria for being a leader or a pastor but not marriage . If they have issue with marriage . It may range from , medical test, family approval, attending foundation school , cell meetings ,marriage classes . If they were cohabiting , church may stop the relationship , if test reveal pregnancy , the marriage get cancelled . They may only do marriage blessing .

THRASH!!! cool cool
No offence. cool cool
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by jnrbayano(m): 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
blairlady:

This particular incident is happening in most churches that i know of. They have the register for tithes nd if u havent bin payin ur tithe no marriage for u

In the Catholic church also?
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by tosinjay(m): 1:23am On Jul 28, 2016
I was a member before na, Christ embassy is just a big business centre jor, trampling on grace cathedral. The only thing nice about the man is how he comports himself amidst controversies. Christ embassy isn't a place that Jesus Christ is their Christ.

True church of God needs no register for tithes, tithe is for God and it's God's business if one meets up or not and not the business of any human. That's why the register thing will have them noticing the big fish tithers and start honoring them anyhow in these churches. If you've got #1-#1,000,000 no one is supposed to know or be concerned anything more na for show.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by costandi(m): 11:46am On Jul 28, 2016
blairlady:

Might be true. The tithe is 10% of a persons earnings, so were they in his bank account to know that it added up to 1.2 Million? The guy simply fabricated this particular story or blew it out of proportion.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by petra1(m): 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
EmmaFantastic:

THRASH!!! cool cool
No offence. cool cool

How?
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
petra1:

How?
Well, first of all, sorry if I sounded nasty by saying "thrash". You see, I consider the content of your defensive comment to be thrashy. I purposely avoid saying negative things about churches, otherwise I would have poured out a can of worms about that church here. But.......I won't! From your post, you sound like that's your church, so I'm very sorry. But what some people have said here, many are not only right but it's even worse! I know quite a lot because I've been there and still have relations there, and so, I have reason to occasionally go there. My sister, please stop wasting your time trying to defend the church or any other church, just forget it and focus on christianity just as I'm doing. When people attack even the church I attend, I just laugh and tell them that I have no business defending any church, the founders can explain/defend themselves. This is just the decent truth, please don't be offended. Have a pleasant evening. smiley smiley
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by realmindz: 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
God bless Christ Embassy, pls scam them all gullible people that ve refused to apply their brains. scam them all and get rich

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Adopts Jordan As Permanent Pilgrimage Destination / Bishop Oyedepo: "How My Church Member Resurrected Dead Man". Daddy Freeze Reacts / Flying In My Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.