Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:29 AM

Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules (10966 Views)

"Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics / Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy / No Tuition Fee To Study In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Kingzelex(m): 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
This same policy caused a violent protest in uniport which led to the untimely death of a faculty president Peter Ofurum.. . This policy should be abolished cos it's not protecting the interest of the students considering the economic woes facing the country.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by GoldenJAT(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
jideniceguy:

That's cool. I was in 200L in 2013. Studied HRM. Ma Bae is also in Pol Sci n Intl relations and shes in her final year now.
wow o! people knew me as tuaka... ..whats her name?
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
GoldenJAT:
wow o! people knew me as tuaka... ..whats her name?

Oh yea I know you now. Fair in complexion abi?. You had a babe in Bus admin am I right?
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by GoldenJAT(m): 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
jideniceguy:

Oh yea I know you now. Fair in complexion abi?. You had a babe in Bus admin am I right?
lol...u r so right.. so so right! na small world we de so
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
GoldenJAT:
lol...u r so right.. so so right! na small world we de so

Yea na so. How ya side. Where u dey work now...
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by GoldenJAT(m): 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
jideniceguy:

Yea na so. How ya side. Where u dey work now...
my guy.. I de portharcourt de manage 4 1 firm o...still hustling 4d dream job.... op u de enjoy service?
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by missnazzy(f): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
jideniceguy:
Does it mean students will have automatic carry vers and extra years? Something has to be done ASAP

Not exactly. we are still in Nigeria remember?

they did the same thing in my final year first semester exams.

guess what happened?

the affected students met with the lecturer of the course and parted with some money. you automatically have a result, even without sitting for the exam.

anyways, this is only feasible if the lecturer is someone whose back can be scratched...lol.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
missnazzy:

Not exactly. we are still in Nigeria remember?

they did the same thing in my final year first semester exams.

guess what happened?

the affected students met with the lecturer of the course and parted with some money. you automatically have a result, even without sitting for the exam.

anyways, this is only feasible if the lecturer is someone whose back can be scratched...lol.

Hmmm that's true oo. Buh if dat one happen, den d students must dey ready to spend money ooo. Cos each lecturer go dey sorted for his course. Chai
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
GoldenJAT:
my guy.. I de portharcourt de manage 4 1 firm o...still hustling 4d dream job.... op u de enjoy service?

Yea sure I dey enjoy service o though it's somehow stressful sha... Me dey plan establish myself after service ni while searching for job by the side to support. So if I get job, e go just be additional source of income. Buh na self investment be the main thin for dis Naija now. God go do beta for us all.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by GoldenJAT(m): 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
jideniceguy:

Yea sure I dey enjoy service o though it's somehow stressful sha... Me dey plan establish myself after service ni while searching for job by the side to support. So if I get job, e go just be additional source of income. Buh na self investment be the main thin for dis Naija now. God go do beta for us all.
u nail am... e no easy o... but plans must be made and followed 2d latter... I go enta okuku 2 Waka 4 my transcript and 2 ask how pg programme de b like..
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by YOLO1(m): 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
jideniceguy:
This is really crazy. Graduated from Okuku campus of Uniosun last year and currently having my NYSC now. Durin our final semester exams period, same announcement was made then that those owin fees wouldn't write exams then. And when the exam started, they only delayed some classes for a while and eventually allowed them to write the examinations. Now when Bae told me last week that they had made the announcement again, I felt it was just a threat as usual. I even told her that even if it isn't a threat and if it's for real, that it can never affect the final year students cos they know that it's their last semester exam and not allowin them write their papers would result in extra year for them automatically and I said they also know the final year students would still pay the fees eventually when they wanna do final clearance before they can be totally cleared from the school.

Now when the exam started yesterday, I was surprised when she called me in the evening that the school authorities really made do with their promise and it wasn't a threat. She said most students who were having their first papers yesterday weren't allowed to write it as they were sent out of the exam halls including the final year students. She even said one of her neighbours in her hostel who is in final year was crying seriously as at the time she was callin me because the lady wasn't allowed to write her first paper of her final semester.

Then I decided to ask other people I know and they all confirmed it. It's really crazy I must say. Why would the authorities be this heartless. Economy is hard for crying out loud. Does it mean students will have automatic carry vers and extra years? Something has to be done ASAP
Even though fees are always paid everywhere in the world b4 writing exams but I believe the final year students should be allowed on compassionate ground cos they can't run away with their money unless they don't need their certificate.
On the other hand, parents should try and send their children and wards to schools they can afford beit primary, secondary or university. Their is no prestige in students being driven out of school because of fees.
Was also given admission in UNIOSUN in 2007 (the first set of the school), na so I jejely run away when I saw the fees (over 200k at that time). Was given admission in OAU the following year and didn't pay up to 50k from part 1 to part 4. I think OAU fee was #8,900 as at the time I graduated

1 Like

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by peperapeusa: 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
Osun University should be care with such rules because this was the same thing Federal Polytechnic, Auchi did during the part-time students exams that made the students to destroy several buildings and lecturers cars. The serious damage really delayed the school calendar and they are just starting second semester now. Auchi poly management will never try such thing again. University and polytechnic management should know that higher institution is not a private primary/secondary school where you can stop students from writing exams because they have not paid their school fees. Further more, they should also know that majority of the students are the once training themselves in school.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by youngaz(m): 8:15am On Jul 27, 2016
jideniceguy:
This is really crazy. Graduated from Okuku campus of Uniosun last year and currently having my NYSC now. Durin our final semester exams period, same announcement was made then that those owin fees wouldn't write exams then. And when the exam started, they only delayed some classes for a while and eventually allowed them to write the examinations. Now when Bae told me last week that they had made the announcement again, I felt it was just a threat as usual. I even told her that even if it isn't a threat and if it's for real, that it can never affect the final year students cos they know that it's their last semester exam and not allowin them write their papers would result in extra year for them automatically and I said they also know the final year students would still pay the fees eventually when they wanna do final clearance before they can be totally cleared from the school.

Now when the exam started yesterday, I was surprised when she called me in the evening that the school authorities really made do with their promise and it wasn't a threat. She said most students who were having their first papers yesterday weren't allowed to write it as they were sent out of the exam halls including the final year students. She even said one of her neighbours in her hostel who is in final year was crying seriously as at the time she was callin me because the lady wasn't allowed to write her first paper of her final semester.

Then I decided to ask other people I know and they all confirmed it. It's really crazy I must say. Why would the authorities be this heartless. Economy is hard for crying out loud. Does it mean students will have automatic carry vers and extra years? Something has to be done ASAP
please u were a student of okuku campus...mah bro chose accounting for uniosun...wen is their screening likely to come up....and which month is always their resumption month...his mind isn't @ peace oo...thanks for ur response
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Eleniyan15: 8:50am On Jul 27, 2016
temmypotter:
are these students alright at all? its not their fault. why would a school have such a policy in the first place. who writes exams before payment? the students should better borrow a leaf from their neighbours,the almighty OAU. when they protest and their management sends them home for 3months they will learn.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 27, 2016
YOLO1:

Even though fees are always paid everywhere in the world b4 writing exams but I believe the final year students should be allowed on compassionate ground cos they can't run away with their money unless they don't need their certificate.
On the other hand, parents should try and send their children and wards to schools they can afford beit primary, secondary or university. Their is no prestige in students being driven out of school because of fees.
Was also given admission in UNIOSUN in 2007 (the first set of the school), na so I jejely run away when I saw the fees (over 200k at that time). Was given admission in OAU the following year and didn't pay up to 50k from part 1 to part 4. I think OAU fee was #8,900 as at the time I graduated

Yea bro the schl fees was really expensive then. It's pretty affordable now though it's still somehow much for a state University. Freshers pay 120k now plus 25k acceptance fee while other levels pay 95k each year plus 1k for course registration in each semester. Uniosun is still among the expensive state Universities in Nigeria

You've really spoken well. The schl authorities really have to consider the final year students. There's surely no way they won't pay their money except someone that doesn't wanna get certificate like u said
Parents also need to wake up to their responsibilities pf providing the fees on time to avoid embarrassing situations like this. And I also agree that they shld send their wards to schools they can afford.

We also need God's intervention in this hard economy too. Because the current hardship has contributed to this as well..
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 27, 2016
youngaz:
please u were a student of okuku campus...mah bro chose accounting for uniosun...wen is their screening likely to come up....and which month is always their resumption month...his mind isn't @ peace oo...thanks for ur response

Oh okay. Not heard anything about the screenin yet cos no announcement has been made for now. But normally screening comes up around August or September. So the screenin is likely gonna come up soon, he should just try and stay updated. And as for your second question, new session normally starts around November.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2016
GoldenJAT:
u nail am... e no easy o... but plans must be made and followed 2d latter... I go enta okuku 2 Waka 4 my transcript and 2 ask how pg programme de b like..

Oh okay that's good. Buh shey uniosun don start PG programmes too ni. I would like to do masters too buh not now jawe. I wan hustle small after service and when I don gather beta money and do some meaningful things for ma self, I go enrol for masters. Say like next two or three years sha, by God's grace.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by GoldenJAT(m): 9:27am On Jul 27, 2016
jideniceguy:

Oh okay that's good. Buh shey uniosun don start PG programmes too ni. I would like to do masters too buh not now jawe. I wan hustle small after service and when I don gather beta money and do some meaningful things for ma self, I go enrol for masters. Say like next two or three years sha, by God's grace.
morning bro! they don't start oo.. they consider weda 2 run am 4 there by next year... considering d fact that I'm not new in d environment
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2016
GoldenJAT:
morning bro! they don't start oo.. they consider weda 2 run am 4 there by next year... considering d fact that I'm not new in d environment

That's nice ooo. I never knew they've started ooo. I think I would do mine there when I'm ready. You know it would be an advantage considering the fact that we finished there and familiar with the environment and some of the lectrers already. When did they start it sef?
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 27, 2016
GoldenJAT:

That's nice ooo. I never knew they've started ooo. I think I would do mine there when I'm ready. You know it would be an advantage considering the fact that we finished there and familiar with the environment and some of the lecturers already. When did they start it sef?
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by youngaz(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2016
jideniceguy:

Oh okay. Not heard anything about the screenin yet cos no announcement has been made for now. But normally screening comes up around August or September. So the screenin is likely gonna come up soon, he should just try and stay updated. And as for your second question, new session normally starts around November.
owk thank u very much....aah their resumption is late ooo....anyway ave gotta show ur response to him...thank once again...God bless!
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by alpha321champ(m): 10:21am On Jul 27, 2016
shd I tell yu dat the brain is an app b4 yu start using urs?
SMH for you.

temmypotter:
are these students alright at all? its not their fault. why would a school have such a policy in the first place. who writes exams before payment? the students should better borrow a leaf from their neighbours,the almighty OAU. when they protest and their management sends them home for 3months they will learn.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2016
youngaz:
owk thank u very much....aah their resumption is late ooo....anyway ave gotta show ur response to him...thank once again...God bless!

You welcome. God bless you too
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by GoldenJAT(m): 10:28am On Jul 27, 2016
[quote author=jideniceguy post=47927796]

That's nice ooo. I never knew they've started ooo. I think I would do mine there when I'm ready. You know it would be an advantage considering the fact that we finished there and familiar with the environment and some of the lecturers already. When did they start it sef?[/quote it's not been long de started... Dr omitola told me about it
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by alpha321champ(m): 10:32am On Jul 27, 2016
I am sure yu r quite ignorant of d current economic situation of ds country, even d history of ds country "education-wise".
needful I remind/educate you, most of ds idiots in power enjoyed FREE EDUCATION ooo

shamecurls:
What kind of stupid reaction is this?

[s]How do you expect to write Exams when you have not paid tuition?

[s]Is it free education?

And yet you lots complain about the government not being able to fund education[/s][/s]
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by alpha321champ(m): 10:39am On Jul 27, 2016
hmmm

tunderay:
From your narration here, I can see that you were once a student in that school, but in your own opinion, do you think its right for the trend to continue? There is nowhere in the world ( except if its a free education) that students write exams without paying. Though I experienced same while I was in oau some years ago, but I never engage in such. Let's be sincere here, its not a good attitude. Now look at what it has cost some final year students now according to your narration.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by shamecurls(m): 11:08am On Jul 27, 2016
alpha321champ:
I am sure yu r quite ignorant of d current economic situation of ds country, even d history of ds country "education-wise".
needful I remind/educate you, most of ds idiots in power enjoyed FREE EDUCATION ooo

So the current economic situation demands of you not to pay your school fees?

If our fathers had free Education, does it guarantees us that we re entitled to it?

Hello! We re talking about now and not then, The school runs on finance also, If you not capable at the moment, you could always defer. One cant put his/her burden on a management that also runs on cost. If everybody gave the same excuse you highlighted, will the school itself be in place?

Hello, Education is not for all and will never be for all #BitterTruth
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by alpha321champ(m): 11:32am On Jul 27, 2016
Honestly, let me pretend I had not read ya previous responses on this thread,
what exactly do you stand for?
yes, I must admit the whole system runs on finance,
Needful I put some questions to you,
who pays the tuition fee?
who pays the workers?
and what happens when one party fails in fulfilling it's obligation?
must I remind you that their parents worked for the un-payed salaries?
Even private organizations are crumbling,
the government is helpless, & had to stylishly tell d whole country that the government is TECHNICALLY IN RECESSION
will the students not eventually pay these fee?
Come-on man! don't be mean.
The "powers that be" will not "die" if they allow these students to write their exams.(even if it's on compassionate ground)
NB: Nobody is here to blow his/her trumpet.

shamecurls:

So the current economic situation demands of you not to pay your school fees?

If our fathers had free Education, does it guarantees us that we re entitled to it?

Hello! We re talking about now and not then, The school runs on finance also, If you not capable at the moment, you could always defer. One cant put his/her burden on a management that also runs on cost. If everybody gave the same excuse you highlighted, will the school itself be in place?

Hello, Education is not for all and will never be for all #BitterTruth
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by shamecurls(m): 11:49am On Jul 27, 2016
alpha321champ:
Honestly, let me pretend I had not read ya previous responses on this thread,
what exactly do you stand for? - That you have to pay your Tuition before writing exam
yes, I must admit the whole system runs on finance,
Needful I put some questions to you,
who pays the tuition fee?- Student
who pays the workers? - We have private workers, public workers, entrepreneurs and sponsored
and what happens when one party fails in fulfilling it's obligation? He/She has defaulted and should face the consequence.
must I remind you that their parents worked for the un-payed salaries? Not all! You student on the thread confirmed that only 20% have not paid tuition.
Even private organizations are crumbling,-Yes they re. But its not an excuse to default in paying your tuition fees. If we all go by that way, we shouldnt be paying for services
the government is helpless, & had to stylishly tell d whole country that the government is TECHNICALLY IN RECESSION
will the students not eventually pay these fee? At whose expense? (My first question)
Come-on man! don't be mean.n-Am not, Just being truthful. Trying to see from the angle that I manage the school
The "powers that be" will not "die" if they allow these students to write their exams.(even if it's on compassionate ground) -Good and Possible.
NB: Nobody is here to blow his/her trumpet. - Cheers

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by alpha321champ(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
**chuckles**
I like your response tho;
BTW, I am not a student. I just "feel" their pain.
"and what happens when one party fails in fulfilling it's obligation? He/She has defaulted and should face the consequence."
CONSEQUENCE? which is BASIC CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE & UNREST, as we might eventually see.I am sure you witnessed what happened in the education sector of the govt of OYO state, did you see kids going on rampage?, I mean kids! but I hope this does not happen in Osun.
but I will advise you Identify with the "real citizens" & not the "power-that-be" which keep deceiving it's citizenry.
cheers!

[quote author=shamecurls post=47931496][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Desolaa1(f): 9:12am On Jan 16
I’m a student of university of Lagos A fresher 100l Faculty of Education Human Kinetics during my registration stuffs after Physical screening my phone got stolen and I couldn’t get information and the school closed for the year not until January I found out that the course registration has closed what can I do please
Will it affect my result
What can I do please help with advice 🥺😢

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons Why We Should Prioritize Our Education Above Anything Else / Solarin's Widow Locks Mayflower School In Protest / N3.564bn Expenditure Scandal In Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture Umudike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.