Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

I Am So Angry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am So Angry (6781 Views)

Why Are The Women At The Budget Presentation Looking So Angry (pix) / Inside Details On Why Cabal Is Angry With Osinbajo - Daily Post / The Late Tafewa Balewa Is So Angry, See Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am So Angry by babyhrt(m): 10:01am On Jul 26, 2016
I am an unmarried young man working in an advertising Agency in Lagos and earn almost a hundred thousand Naira monthly. This amount is barely enough to cater for all my needs but i have been making do with it and trusting God for a better offer. Recently a meeting was called where we were told that as a result of the economic situation, salaries would have to be slashed for cost optimization and to avoid laying off staff. By this i got a 12% cut in pay after a huge delay.

Over the weekend i went to buy a few things for the house. i had activated austerity measures by cutting down on every unnecessary expenses. So i went out with a clear cut budget. Fellow country men, when the gas man told me that the 5kg Cylinda of Gas that i normally buy for N1,200 is now N1,700. You need to see the look of pain on my face, a plastic of Gari that goes for N250-N300 is now double the price, now going for as high as N600, a bag of pure water normally sold for N80 is now N150, a N50 sachet of Tomato is now N80. I heard the price of kerosene is crazy as hell. I love plantain so much but for months now i have not been able to buy plantain because the price is scary. Fish, Meat, Rice, Beans fresh vegetables even fruits etc have all gone up. These are all simple house hold needs, not to talk of house appliances or other necessary projects that one would want to embark on.

The bottom line is that, i am so angry, Salaries have been reduced whereas there is no commensurate decrease in price of things, now we have to spend more to get less. It so bad and i really wonder how we got here.

If things are like this for those who are engaged what about the millions of youth out there with no jobs.

What kind of a country is this, where are the promises and change.

I am however glad that i was not part of those who usher in this confusion and backwardness. I never got hoodwinked by the elusiveness of the change mantra.

I rest my case

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am So Angry by vani86: 10:20am On Jul 26, 2016
dude i feel your pain, i am an accountant with a company in ph, unmarried my original salary was close to 200k initially,

last year oct when the dollar stuff started biting, our salary was slashed to 50% to ease the companies expenses so no one will be sacked, my salary then fell to less than 100k, but in january they laid off about 40% of the staffs, my work load almost tripled and they insisted on the 50% salary, after so much negotiation and meetings the management now raised it to 75%. so it went back up close to 140k. therefore for 10 months i have not received my full salary, dude i cut a lot of expenses out, before i was able to comfortably put away 100k in savings, now if i can save 50k i have tried. i have a car to take care of, then these ph karashika girls will want to eat the rest.

The fact that i am unmarried and have no one i am taking care off made it easier to cope and i am among one of the big earners in the company, my pain are for the married men with families, whose original salary was less than 100k (btw 50 - 80k), now imagine 25% taken out of this, how are they surviving, they have families, rent to pay, school fees.

Guy people are suffering.

another luck i have is my Gf is super comfortable and richer, infact she spends more than i do, she has been very awesome. i Thank God for her

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am So Angry by limeta(f): 10:29am On Jul 26, 2016
Gf is super comfortable and richer,
in fact she spends more than i do, she has been very awesome.

Put her phone number here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am So Angry by vani86: 10:33am On Jul 26, 2016
limeta:
Gf is super comfortable and richer,
in fact she spends more than i do, she has been very awesome.

Put her phone number here.

lmao for your mind, do you know the funny thing, even if i put her number here, she wont look at you twice.

trust me

3 Likes

Re: I Am So Angry by limeta(f): 10:45am On Jul 26, 2016
vani86:

lmao for your mind, do you know the funny thing, even if i put her number here, she wont look at you twice.

trust me

Am a fine girl you know...lol
Re: I Am So Angry by vani86: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2016
limeta:

Am a fine girl you know...lol

oo, thought you are one of these trans guys on NL forming they are ladies.

I like your self esteem. if you are cute rock it.
Re: I Am So Angry by Babalegba(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2016
All these supposedly educated people blaming Buhari for their miseries shows that Nigerian education is rubbish undecided Is Buhari a magician. Trace the genesis of a problem and you would know the cause and how to avoid a recurrence,avoid that and the same mistake is likely to be repeated. Nigerian education appears to be shi* t with graduates unable to grasp economic realities and cause and effect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am So Angry by vani86: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2016
Babalegba:
All these supposedly educated people blaming Buhari for their miseries shows that Nigerian education is rubbish undecided Is Buhari a magician. Trace the genesis of a problem and you would know the cause and how to avoid a recurrence,avoid that and the same mistake is likely to be repeated. Nigerian education appears to be shi* t with graduates unable to grasp economic realities and cause and effect.

you the so called educated and enlightened one, pls highlight anywhere in the thread where buhari's name was mentioned.

learn to assimilate and understand a write up before you go on a senseless rant

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am So Angry by dadebayo1(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2016
My brother I am also angry.. Just don't know how to vent my anger.. Your salary is 100k wow that is much compared to what I earn.. Well I work for oyo state government presently on level 8step 4 with a salary of #39568 monthly.. That is roughly 40k per month.. I am married though my wife ain't working yet so we manage the approximately 40k every month.. But the painful thing is that the governor is owing us six months salary going to seven months by end of these month, we have been on strike for about seven weeks now though I heard they have called off the strike last night cos the governor promised to pay two months imagine two months out of seven months outstanding... I am so annoyed with the system we run in these country.. How do these bloody politicians expect people to survive with prices of commodities going up and yet salaries are not paid or slashed.. Too bad my brother.. The nation is cursed with bad leadership...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am So Angry by vani86: 11:04am On Jul 26, 2016
dadebayo1:
My brother I am also angry.. Just don't know how to vent my anger.. Your salary is 100k wow that is much compared to what I earn.. Well I work for oyo state government presently on level 8step 4 with a salary of #39568 monthly.. That is roughly 40k per month.. I am married though my wife ain't working yet so we manage the approximately 40k every month.. But the painful thing is that the governor is owing us six months salary going to seven months by end of these month, we have been on strike for about seven weeks now though I heard they have called off the strike last night cos the governor promised to pay two months imagine two months out of seven months outstanding... I am so annoyed with the system we run in these country.. How do these bloody politicians expect people to survive with prices of commodities going up and yet salaries are not paid or slashed.. Too bad my brother.. The nation is cursed with bad leadership...

oh my Gosh, i am here complaining then i hear stories like this,

bro, pls how have you been surviving, i really need to learn in case of when i am totally down and out.

2 Likes

Re: I Am So Angry by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:08am On Jul 26, 2016
vani86:

you the so called educated and enlightened one, pls highlight anywhere in the thread where buhari's name was mentioned.

Finish de mumu joor!

15 Likes

Re: I Am So Angry by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:10am On Jul 26, 2016
dadebayo1:

Save your anger till 2019... cool

12 Likes

Re: I Am So Angry by dadebayo1(m): 11:12am On Jul 26, 2016
vani86:

oh my Gosh, i am here complaining then i hear stories like this,

bro, pls how have you been surviving, i really need to learn in case of when i am totally down and out.

The grace of God sir, and making sure I give priority to essentials... Not spending on irrelevant things and of course having a wife who understands and is willing to manage the little that comes in.. I must confess it has not been easy working and at the end of the month with nothing to show for it thanks to our emperor governor who has turned civil servants into something else.. My brother pray not to be totally down and out of cash.. It is not a good experience atall...

2 Likes

Re: I Am So Angry by vani86: 11:15am On Jul 26, 2016
dadebayo1:

The grace of God sir, and making sure I give priority to essentials... Not spending on irrelevant things and of course having a wife who understands and is willing to manage the little that comes in.. I must confess it has not been easy working and at the end of the month with nothing to show for it thanks to our emperor governor who has turned civil servants into something else.. My brother pray not to be totally down and out of cash.. It is not a good experience atall...

at the end of the day, he that finds a good wife finds a good thing.

My brother, may God be with you and your family, no condition is ever permanent.

8 Likes

Re: I Am So Angry by Babalegba(m): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2016
vani86:

Pls read the last part of the o.p' s post again particularly the second to the last paragraph. Sorry but I was not hoodwinked by his vile emotive rubbish.Most Nigerians survive on far less.He should stop whining ,roll up his sleeves and play his part in building a nation

1 Like

Re: I Am So Angry by Almajiri1: 11:19am On Jul 26, 2016
Until this anger gathers momentum and snowballs revolution style into the streets,I term it all as the traditional suffering and smiling.
Re: I Am So Angry by dadebayo1(m): 11:20am On Jul 26, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:

Save your anger till 2019... cool

2019 seems to be like ages away... Sincerely I wish we could find a solution to all the mess right now.. So many people are dying, so many can't even afford drugs.. So many can't even afford food.. So many can't even afford to put a roof over their head... So many are adults yet still staying under the roof of their parents... So many have been pushed to the wall with no other place to turn too.. So many are going through pains right now... So many have no one to even turn too... My brother 2019 is far... I don't know how but I hope something happens pretty fast..

2 Likes

Re: I Am So Angry by Almajiri1: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2016
Babalegba:
You must be amtaken brother whose political father helped finished this great country.

2 Likes

Re: I Am So Angry by vani86: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2016
Almajiri1:
Until this anger gathers momentum and snowballs revolution style into the streets,I term it all as the traditional suffering and smiling.

my brother, it will never happen, if the igbos protest, they will start shouting IPOB, if the yorubas protest, it will be interpreted as trying to overthrow the hausas, if the niger deltans complain, they will be classed as militants. if the hausas start theirs, the fulanis will say they want to kill them all (boko haram and co).

so i ask who will take to the street and get people to listen.

1 Like

Re: I Am So Angry by dadebayo1(m): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2016
vani86:

at the end of the day, he that finds a good wife finds a good thing.

My brother, may God be with you and your family, no condition is ever permanent.

Amen..thanks so much sir... Yes it will definitely pass by. the quote about "he who finds a good wife" is true grin very true cause I can testify to it.. We hope for a better Nigeria someday...

1 Like

Re: I Am So Angry by Almajiri1: 11:26am On Jul 26, 2016
dadebayo1:

2019 seems to be like ages away... Sincerely I wish we could find a solution to all the mess right now.. So many people are dying, so many can't even afford drugs.. So many can't even afford food.. So many can't even afford to put a roof over their head... So many are adults yet still staying under the roof of their parents... So many have been pushed to the wall with no other place to turn too.. So many are going through pains right now... So many have no one to even turn too... My brother 2019 is far... I don't know how but I hope something happens pretty fast..
The spirits can not do for a man what he can do himself.

Stop hoping and start demanding for is truly yours as a citizen.in this case,you have to fight.
Re: I Am So Angry by vani86: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2016
Babalegba:
Pls read the last part of the o.p' s post again particularly the second to the last paragraph. Sorry but I was not hoodwinked by his vile emotive rubbish.Most Nigerians survive on far less.He should stop whining ,roll up his sleeves and play his part in building a nation

APC was never mentioned (Implied yes but not mentioned) neither was buhari, the economy is bad generally and believe me people are suffering.

so when someone who earns 40k a month yet have not been paid for 6 months complain, you class him as an illiterate. please dont be a bigot

8 Likes

Re: I Am So Angry by Almajiri1: 11:35am On Jul 26, 2016
vani86:

my brother, it will never happen, if the igbos protest, they will start shouting IPOB, if the yorubas protest, it will be interpreted as trying to overthrow the hausas, if the niger deltans complain, they will be classed as militants. if the hausas start theirs, the fulanis will say they want to kill them all (boko haram and co).

so i ask who will take to the street and get people to listen.
Those are limits deliberately set in motion to cripple patriots from fighting.Being called names for demanding your rights shouldn't stop a movement.
Re: I Am So Angry by dadebayo1(m): 11:36am On Jul 26, 2016
Almajiri1:
The spirits can not do for a man what he can do himself.

Stop hoping and start demanding for is truly yours as a citizen.in this case,you have to fight.

The kind of system we run in the country will not encourage it sir.. Nigerians prefer to complain in their closet.. No one is willing to come out and show the leaders that power truly belongs to the people.. Let me give an example in my state labour called for a rally to demonstrate against non payment of salaries which was about 5months then (though now 7months) you will not believe some workers decided not to take part in the demonstration. Some went to work while others stayed at home because they did not want to be identified.. If everyone had come out enmass to show their grievances and demand for proper accountability probably we would have sent a strong message to the ruling class.. But no way Nigerians will always adapt.. Too bad
Re: I Am So Angry by Almajiri1: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2016
dadebayo1:

The kind of system we run in the country will not encourage it sir.. Nigerians prefer to complain in their closet.. No one is willing to come out and show the leaders that power truly belongs to the people.. Let me give an example in my state labour called for a rally to demonstrate against non payment of salaries which was about 5months then (though now 7months) you will not believe some workers decided not to take part in the demonstration. Some went to work while others stayed at home because they did not want to be identified.. If everyone had come out enmass to show their grievances and demand for proper accountability probably we would have sent a strong message to the ruling class.. But no way Nigerians will always adapt.. Too bad
That could be frustrating I must say.You are then left to fight anonymously as a lone wolf.

You can do more damage from the inside while working under the radar on code.
Re: I Am So Angry by azerbaijanbase: 11:46am On Jul 26, 2016
dadebayo1:

Amen..thanks so much sir... Yes it will definitely pass by. the quote about "he who finds a good wife" is true grin very true cause I can testify to it.. We hope for a better Nigeria someday...
don't you think things would be much better in oduduwa republic? Why don't you guys think of having your own, small, easy to manage country?
Re: I Am So Angry by dadebayo1(m): 11:51am On Jul 26, 2016
Almajiri1:

That could be frustrating I must say.You are then left to fight anonymously as a lone wolf.

You can do more damage from the inside while working under the radar on code.

That's true sir.. But that can lead to self destruct the system consumes any lone Wolf.. Working under the radar can never be sustained..
Re: I Am So Angry by dadebayo1(m): 11:55am On Jul 26, 2016
azerbaijanbase:
don't you think things would be much better in oduduwa republic? Why don't you guys think of having your own, small, easy to manage country?

I believe we need to restructure or better still reset to factory settings.... Only a courageous leader can take the bulk by the horn.. Till then we are in together..... For better for worse for richer for poorer till resource control do us apart... grin
Re: I Am So Angry by Almajiri1: 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
dadebayo1:

That's true sir.. But that can lead to self destruct the system consumes any lone Wolf.. Working under the radar can never be sustained..
Death is no excuse.We all shall taste one.It is honorable fighting against oppression and dying than the agony of suffering and smiling under oppression.
Re: I Am So Angry by freeze001(f): 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2016
Almajiri1:

Even d smiling is in doubt.

1 Like

Re: I Am So Angry by mightyokwy(m): 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2016
dadebayo1:
Chai, may God help us. 40k per month plus wife join wahala dy. That ur wife must be an angel bcs I found it deficult to believe that we still have girls who will accept to date talk more of marrying a man with such salary. I had so much bad experience with Nigerian girls and right now I have choose to stay alone and manage what little that comes in at end of every month. The Lord is ur strength

3 Likes

Re: I Am So Angry by azerbaijanbase: 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
dadebayo1:

I believe we need to restructure or better still reset to factory settings.... Only a courageous leader can take the bulk by the horn.. Till then we are in together..... For better for worse for richer for poorer till resource control do us apart... grin
visit nairaland travel section and see the way your people are running to small countries like finland, norway just to survive. We don't need to be in the same union to be great. Why are you guys scared to have a country of your own.

You guys have access to the sea. You have an international airport. I don't just know why you guys are not interested in having your own country.

Just imagine how oyo state would look like if it were to be a country of it own? Just think about it.

Peace out!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biafra : Live Updates From Oyigbo Rivers State (pix) / Oyetola Presents N119.5 Billion Budget For 2020 / Countries That Have Banned Cryptocurrency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.